Start by marking “Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05” as Want to Read:
Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05 (Pandora Hearts #5)

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,508 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Oz memasuki salah satu ingatan Alice yang ternyata merupakan ingatan mengenai bencana yang terjadi 100 tahun lalu. Di sana, Oz mengetahui kenyataan mengerikan tentang Alice dan Vincent Nightray. Tapi, kenapa Vincent bisa berada dalam ingatan Alice? Berhasilkah Oz menyelamatkan Alice!?
Published April 2011 by Yen Press (first published April 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05

LAnn
Apr 23, 2011 LAnn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Really, I can't believe how well Pandora Hearts progresses from volume to volume. I expected the story to start dwindling a little at this point from lack of character development or poor interaction with others, but really everything keeps building up to create a phenomenal plot with meaningful and wonderfully built characters.

Although there was some things in this volume that weren't revealed that I would have liked to see, there was plenty of character development and plot structure revealed
Amy Keeley
Oct 19, 2012 Amy Keeley rated it it was amazing
Gabriella Alaniz
Jan 13, 2016 Gabriella Alaniz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a series gives you more questions with every revelation and gives you no answers to previous questions!!!AHHHHHH!!!!
Cassandra
Am I supposed to be THIS confused so far into the series? Because I have no idea what's happening right now...
Mary
3.5

"Alice...you're fine just the way you are...!"

Volume 5 slows down to throw some information at you, with shocking revelations. Very solid read, but not as powerful as previous volumes.

We learn about what Alice erased her memories to hide, who Gilbert and Vincent truly are, and that Vincent has some dark secrets.

Oz develops a lot. We see that he truly cares about Alice. Something about her strikes him, and makes him want to keep her smiling. Alice herself has lived a hard life, and now that O
Eris Vianney
Jul 26, 2014 Eris Vianney rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Oooooooh, so Cheshire was Alice's cat? (view spoiler)

This was an interesting volume. Break is growing on me all the time, and I am really curious as to what the relationship between him and Sharon is. They seem very attached to one another.

Also, I did observe that Vincent has a broken chain on the cover, whereas Gil, Sharon, Break, and Oz all have connected chains on their covers. I remembe
Elevetha
2.5 aha moments.

I am actually writing up a list of characters and how they relate to one another. I've done this with one other book/series. ONE. But hey, I think it's helping out a small bit.

So, once again, I find myself mimicking Oz.

"...no...NO!!! I don't...understand anything yet! About Alice. About the tragedy of Sablier. And...about the identity of that man! I don't want to end without understanding any of that!"

But besides that, most of which I have a better idea of now that I've read a
Liesl
This series is just too confusing. I watched the entire anime series and still don't fully get what's happening. Giving up on this series.

Malxox
your
b e l o v e d
master
Kat (Lost in Neverland)

I...honestly don't know what the fuck is going on.
MissAnnThrope
24 May 2013

Rating: * * * 1/2

First of all, love the cover of Vincent on this fifth volume. I think it's very telling that so far he is the only character portrayed with a broken chain. This makes me all the more curious to find out more about him. All of the covers in this series have been stunning. The beautifully ornate costumes and intricate detail reminds me of the artwork in Black Butler. My favorite covers so far are the second, third, and fifth volumes.
descriptiondescriptiondescription

After the adrenaline-inducing cliffha
Jordan
Oct 10, 2011 Jordan rated it it was amazing
Oh my word...
Jun Mochizuki writes like my sister does. Constant twists and drama, and not in a bad way. The story is meant to be that way. One gets too used to shonen manga where you finish a volume and find yourself weeping, "NOTHING HAPPENED!". Not so here! I have been excited by each and every volume, and each and every page. Not to say that sometimes it isn't because it's a funny or cute moment, because there are plenty of these.
Ok... getting farther into the story now... The twists are beco
Lottie Eve
Feb 06, 2013 Lottie Eve rated it it was amazing
Hannah B
Aug 10, 2014 Hannah B rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pretty-awesome, manga
One of my very good friends recommended this manga series to me, and ever since I began reading it a few months ago I am completely hooked. I think that the story so far is very interesting and after reading the 5th volume I am so intruiged to find out what will happen next (especially with Vincent!!!). The series also has beautiful art and characters designs. That alone makes it worth it. The interesting story makes it even better. I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume to see what's g ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 25, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it it was amazing
While still in another dimension, Break deals with Cheshire since they have a history together, it seems. And Oz looks for Alice and learns a lot more than he should about a certain tragedy, who the mysterious yet familiar looking guy is and lastly Alice. Well, things got kind a crazy for Oz. So much happens in this volume, moving the story forward with some interesting twists and turns. Love this series.
*Miss Fame*
Feb 13, 2012 *Miss Fame* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, library-book
It was a while between reading the 4th and 5th volume so I couldn't entirely remember what was happening :-p And then a bit of it at the end was confusing. So I felt a little lost while reading this volume, but I still enjoyed it. I love that Break is the Mad Hatter because he kills me. I love him! I also really like Jack (he is sooooo cute! LOL)

I was also super *heart eyes/fan girl squee* when Oz was all "I'll save you Alice" and all cutesie and whatnot. Alice is rad. Her and Break are definite
Hope
May 28, 2011 Hope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And the plot thickens! I can't believe some of the things that happened in this volume and my sister says it only gets more and more amazing! Jack is pretty amazing and the whole thing with Vincent!!!!! Ah! I can't wait to continue!

Premise - 4/5
Enjoyment - 4/5

Average Rating - 3.8
My Rating - 4

Recommend? Yep!
Cover/Artwork - I wasn't as impressed with the artwork in this one. It wasn't bad or anything just the backgrounds and such w
Yume Yoru
Adiós, Chesire.

Por cierto, me encanta el personaje de Jack. Ojalá salga más en próximos tomos.
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
Apr 15, 2012 Courtney (Storybook Slayers) rated it liked it
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The whole revamping of Alice in Wonderland into a dark and twisted manga following a Boy named Oz and an chain named Alice (B Rabbit) definitely caught my eye when searching for a new manga to read. The art work is astounding and I fell in love from page one. Not just that, but the chilling mystery behind Oz and what he is truly guilty of does peck at my skin, the anticipation of knowing the secret haunts me every time I read :) A truly
Adriana
May 18, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, manga
4.5/5 Stars

Oh how I've missed this series! Feels good to be diving back in!
Blutrose
Really starting to fall in love with this series. x3
Anastasia
May 01, 2014 Anastasia rated it it was amazing
Good book, nice drawings. I don't recommend it for people who are sensitive because it has violence in it and deaths, et cetera.
Alice
Nov 27, 2012 Alice rated it it was amazing
If you told me to choose a favorite character, I wouldn't be able to. They're ALL my favorite character.
You know what would be awesome and make my life complete?
Some Oz and Alice romance.
I would really like to send a letter of appreciation to Jun for this WONDERFUL manga series, but I don't know Japanese, and I think the translator or someone would get it and then promptly throw away my precious letter. And then take it out of the trash and rip it to shreds to use as confetti for Jun because she
Ksenia
Jul 12, 2015 Ksenia rated it it was amazing
как же меня бесит Винсент!
Alba
Jun 11, 2014 Alba rated it it was amazing
Cada vez engancha más... ah, y creo que ya sé quién es la reina de corazones.
Amy Aelleah
Jan 22, 2016 Amy Aelleah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I love this series so much! I started reading it after watching the anime and I can't hardly believe how much stuff was left out - and I've not even gotten to the completely new material yet.
Sam "moony"
In which Vincent is a flaming bag of bad words and Jack rears his confusing head once more. Was anyone else angry for no particular reason after reading this? Or was it just me? Seeing Alice die AGAIN made me happy though, (I'm partly curious how many times shell die by the end in which Jun says "Oh! Haha! Fooled you! She's not really dead yet...") anyway it's-like always-a wonderful book full of twisted not-all-the-way-wonderland fun!
Corley
Jul 09, 2011 Corley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yvensong
Our main characters get a view of the horrifying events that had happened 100 years previously. This gives the reader some background and an excellent way to move the plot forward.

There are several twists added to the plot-line, adding to the already complex story-line.

Character development continues to be great fun to follow.
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 15: Black Star, Red Star (D.Gray-man, #15)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
  • Karneval, Vol. 2 (Karneval, #2)
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.
More about Jun Mochizuki...

Pandora Hearts (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Pandora Hearts パンドラハーツ 1