Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 05 (Pandora Hearts #5)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  1,278 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Oz memasuki salah satu ingatan Alice yang ternyata merupakan ingatan mengenai bencana yang terjadi 100 tahun lalu. Di sana, Oz mengetahui kenyataan mengerikan tentang Alice dan Vincent Nightray. Tapi, kenapa Vincent bisa berada dalam ingatan Alice? Berhasilkah Oz menyelamatkan Alice!?
Published April 2011 by Yen Press (first published 2008)

LAnn
Really, I can't believe how well Pandora Hearts progresses from volume to volume. I expected the story to start dwindling a little at this point from lack of character development or poor interaction with others, but really everything keeps building up to create a phenomenal plot with meaningful and wonderfully built characters.

Although there was some things in this volume that weren't revealed that I would have liked to see, there was plenty of character development and plot structure revealed...more
Amy Keeley
Pepper

This bastard Vincent looks a lot like Jack. He wears earrings too, and his hair is long. I think, he's actually trying to look like him.

See the resemblance? All Vince needs to do is braid his hair, and he'll be like Jack's little brother.

I'm still looking at these covers. Most of the characters are held by chains, but Vincent here doesn't look like he is. It's behind him. And it's broken. I guess it could be tied to his other hand... but compared to the other characters, he's not very... chain...more
Kat (Le Pauvre Cœur)

I...honestly don't know what the fuck is going on.
MissAnnThrope
24 May 2013

Rating: * * * 1/2

First of all, love the cover of Vincent on this fifth volume. I think it's very telling that so far he is the only character portrayed with a broken chain. This makes me all the more curious to find out more about him. All of the covers in this series have been stunning. The beautifully ornate costumes and intricate detail reminds me of the artwork in Black Butler. My favorite covers so far are the second, third, and fifth volumes.
descriptiondescriptiondescription

After the adrenaline-inducing cliffha...more
Jordan
Oh my word...
Jun Mochizuki writes like my sister does. Constant twists and drama, and not in a bad way. The story is meant to be that way. One gets too used to shonen manga where you finish a volume and find yourself weeping, "NOTHING HAPPENED!". Not so here! I have been excited by each and every volume, and each and every page. Not to say that sometimes it isn't because it's a funny or cute moment, because there are plenty of these.
Ok... getting farther into the story now... The twists are beco...more
Lottie Eve
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
While still in another dimension, Break deals with Cheshire since they have a history together, it seems. And Oz looks for Alice and learns a lot more than he should about a certain tragedy, who the mysterious yet familiar looking guy is and lastly Alice. Well, things got kind a crazy for Oz. So much happens in this volume, moving the story forward with some interesting twists and turns. Love this series.
*Queen Diva*
It was a while between reading the 4th and 5th volume so I couldn't entirely remember what was happening :-p And then a bit of it at the end was confusing. So I felt a little lost while reading this volume, but I still enjoyed it. I love that Break is the Mad Hatter because he kills me. I love him! I also really like Jack (he is sooooo cute! LOL)

I was also super *heart eyes/fan girl squee* when Oz was all "I'll save you Alice" and all cutesie and whatnot. Alice is rad. Her and Break are definite...more
Hope
And the plot thickens! I can't believe some of the things that happened in this volume and my sister says it only gets more and more amazing! Jack is pretty amazing and the whole thing with Vincent!!!!! Ah! I can't wait to continue!

Premise - 4/5
Enjoyment - 4/5

Average Rating - 3.8
My Rating - 4

Recommend? Yep!
Cover/Artwork - I wasn't as impressed with the artwork in this one. It wasn't bad or anything just the backgrounds and such w...more
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The whole revamping of Alice in Wonderland into a dark and twisted manga following a Boy named Oz and an chain named Alice (B Rabbit) definitely caught my eye when searching for a new manga to read. The art work is astounding and I fell in love from page one. Not just that, but the chilling mystery behind Oz and what he is truly guilty of does peck at my skin, the anticipation of knowing the secret haunts me every time I read :) A truly...more
Alice
If you told me to choose a favorite character, I wouldn't be able to. They're ALL my favorite character.
You know what would be awesome and make my life complete?
Some Oz and Alice romance.
I would really like to send a letter of appreciation to Jun for this WONDERFUL manga series, but I don't know Japanese, and I think the translator or someone would get it and then promptly throw away my precious letter. And then take it out of the trash and rip it to shreds to use as confetti for Jun because she...more
Sam "moony"
In which Vincent is a flaming bag of bad words and Jack rears his confusing head once more. Was anyone else angry for no particular reason after reading this? Or was it just me? Seeing Alice die AGAIN made me happy though, (I'm partly curious how many times shell die by the end in which Jun says "Oh! Haha! Fooled you! She's not really dead yet...") anyway it's-like always-a wonderful book full of twisted not-all-the-way-wonderland fun!
Corley
Nic
Jacob Jones
Uh oh... no! Don't let it be so! This gets deeper and scarier! So many shocking moments that I think my brain is going to explode! Again: a tad hard to follow at times but it always takes some time to explain things thoroughly for me to understand. Can't wait to get more of the series!
ArdnAskelA
Au moment où je me dis que ça va commencer à se ralentir un peu, ça devient encore plus intéressant avec l'apparition de Jack, cet étrange jeune homme aperçu auparavant ! L'histoire semble être bien plus compliquée que ce je le pensais.. Affaire à suivre (avec le tome 6 ^^) ! :D
Jenny
[Ch. 19-22:]

Oz saving Alice was very sweet. (:

Jack possessing Oz's body was very weird. o_O
I had a bad feeling from Vincent from the start but I wonder what he has to do with the events from 100 years ago?
Derrick Bjorklund
there was so many plot twists and interesting setups that i found it sometimes hard to keep up but never the less i enjoyed this part in the series.
Stephanie
Can we talk about Gilbert on the fainting couch in an actual swoon? Because that was hilarious.
Michael Schmid
Ich hasse es, dass die Bände immer so verdammt schnell ausgelesen sind xD
Mely
Apr 22, 2011 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
Jack Vassilius is my new two-dimensional boyfriend.
Tunisia 'nissy'
THIS IS AMAZING! it blows my mind. i love oz and alice.
Nadd
Loved it! <3<3<3
Aida
Aida added it
Apr 16, 2014
  • Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 10 (D.Gray-man #10)
  • 07-Ghost, Volume 03
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.
More about Jun Mochizuki...
Pandora Hearts パンドラハーツ 1 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 02 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 03 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 04 Pandora Hearts, Vol. 06