Start by marking “Double the Heat (contains New York Blades, #7.5)” as Want to Read:
Double the Heat (contains New York Blades, #7.5)

Double the Heat (New York Blades #7.5)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  1,620 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Sizzling all-new stories, including a brand new Winston novella from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster.

New York Times bestselling sensations Lori Foster and Deirdre Martin and USA Today bestselling authors Elizabeth Bevarly and Christie Ridgway join together for this enticing anthology. With authors like this, readers get double the pleasure and double the hea
Published December 1st 2009 by Berkley (first published November 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Double the Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double the Heat

Taking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoBlue Lines by Toni AleoTaking a Shot by Jaci Burton
Hockey in Fiction ~ Adult Books
58th out of 167 books — 247 voters
The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTaking a Shot by Jaci BurtonChanging the Game by Jaci BurtonPlaying to Win by Jaci BurtonMortal Bite by Sharon Hamilton
Drool-worthy Covers
141st out of 393 books — 232 voters

More lists with this book...

Splage
I am not a big anthology person because the stories are always too short and they are saying I love you within 3 days or a week after just meeting, but I really liked Double the Heat.

I have read all of the books in the series from three of the authors and I guess since I had that background for the stories I related better to the characters. All of the characters had good chemistry with at least one sizzling sex scene. If you are into Lori Foster's Winston series, Deirdre Martin's New York Blade

Kerste
Oct 23, 2010 Kerste rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Dierdre Martin fans to further the story
I only read two of the 4 short stories in this book. I got it for the Dierdre Martin story. Ironically, I was trying to finish up her Wild Harts series by reading the first story (Wild at Hart), but it turned out...not to be in this book (the perils of browsing the library electronically). So instead I read another story from her Blades series, which was fine with me since I am a total hockey head who's studied Russian - I love the stories that include both hockey and Russian. And fashion! This ...more
☂ ℬrandi
Every story in this book was a win for me even with the individual and minor flaws I mention below. My biggest complaint is that these weren't full length books with the same amount of sweet romance, awesome dialogue and great characters.

3.5
Hart and Soul by Lori Foster

This short story should be read after Dex's story from Double the Pleasure but it's not absolutely necessary. In Dex's story we learn that Hart had a one-night stand with Lisa who he describes as plain and not his normal type. In H
Bookaholics
Double the Heat
Contemporary Anthology -Dec 1st, 2009
Breaking the Ice by Deirdre Martin
4 stars

Deirdre Martin has written a short and charming romance.

Lennie has recently moved to New York to take classes at a fashion college. Where she quickly makes herself at home with her Aunt Mary and an eclectic cast of housemates that are a fun and amusing to read. On a chance occurrence of mistaken identify she meets the handsome and friendly Sebastian the newest member of the city’s professional hockey te
Candace
I picked up this book for the Lori Foster read and in that one I was not disappointed. It was a continuation of the Winston series showcasing Hart Winston (a cousin). We also met Hart's twin brother, Dex, and saw cousin Joe Winston as well. If you like Lori Foster, you won't be disappointed in this story.

The other three stories were not my favorite. The Deidre Martin one was pretty good and did make me want to seek out some of her other books, but other two were not anything that would make me w
April
Hart and Soul Lori Foster: This is kind of the continuation of the last novel in this series. First we had Dex's story. This time we get Hart's. AND we find out why Lisa kept calling...and if you're thinking it was the reason I thought it was, you're totally wrong!
Breaking the Ice by Deirdre Martin: This is book 7.5 in the New York Blades series. This is the first book I've read by this author, but I enjoyed it. I actually put that whole series on my wishlist after reading this book. He's new t
Smut Junkie
I only read the New York Blades story since I am working my way through that series....I liked it! Short, but still sweet!
Erin
Read for Deirdre Martin's "Breaking the Ice"

Apparently this is tied into another series by her, that I didn't know about until now. I guess I'll have to go check it out.

I liked that Brian O'Quinn (or is it Quinn?) from the previous NY Blade's series, a minor side character from Just a Taste, got an acknowledgement. He married Vivi's sister who I hated and can't remember her name at the moment. Well at least she wasn't IN the book, because I really didn't like her.

The story with Lennie and Sebast
Natalie
I read this mainly for the Lori Foster story. I loved the Winston's and was glad to see a couple more stories. Twins Dex and Hart. Dex's story is in Double the Pleasure, which preceeds this book. You don't need to have read Dex's story to followHart's story.

As for the other stories, I enjoyed fthem well enough.No offense to the other authors, but they didn't do a whole lot for me.
Cindy
Contemporary romance anthology.

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Protected sex. I was surprised I liked this one. I didn't really care for Hart in the last book. I thought he was a jerk! He comes off better in this one. Joe is in it as well.

Deirdre Martin - 3 stars. Protected sex. This one started off great! I really liked the H/h. Then, just like in the last anthology, DM has her female lead act like an idiot. If this is her usual, then forget it! I can't stand a stupid heroine.

Elizabeth Bevarly - 1 s
Dannielle
Lori's Book- liked Hart and Lisa. Liked that she didn't immediately fall at his feet and made him work for it a bit.

Deidre's Book- enjoyed Sebastian and Lennie. The "conflict" felt forced as if the author needed something to cause dissent between the couple. Lennie's reaction seemed too extreme, and their time apart was too long in my opinion. Up till the conflict the story was good.

Elizabeth's story- Good story, and liked that Max and Amanda had such animosity towards one another. Didn't like
Lou Anne
Hart and Soul--3.5 stars
Breaking the Ice--2.5
Double Booked--2.5
Original Zin--4 stars
Kelli
I only liked the first book. The other three were meh.
Elizabeth
I definitely think that the authors are ordered based on popularity. At least it matched my preferences; I had actually read three of the authors before, which is a higher ratio than I have for most anthologies.

Each story was fun and light. Other than falling in love they don't share any themes. In fact they are all remarkably different.

I enjoyed it enough to recommend it, especially as a travel read; the lightness and the length of the individual stories is perfect for time on a plane or time
Christine D
I definitely liked all the stories in Double the Pleasure better than these stories.
Deb
I was most interested in reading Lori Foster's Winston story, and enjoyed that story the most. I also enjoyed Elizabeth Bevarly's story, which had me laughing out loud on several occasions. Deirdre Martin's story was pretty good. Sebastian was a wonderful hero, but the heroine irritated toward the end of the story, she needed to be stronger, and it was a shame because I liked her in the beginning. The last story I couldn't finish. Nothing there to hold my interest, kinda boring.
Demetra Smith
4 lighthearted feel good about love stories
Eileen
I have to admit, I only read the first 2 stories in this book. I tried to read the 3rd and quickly became bored. Didn't even think about reading the 4th.

The 1st (Lori Foster) was good, and is a continuation of the Winston clan. Short, to the point with a little bit of suspense thrown in.

The 2nd (Deidre Martin) was good as well, which combines the Blades series and the Harts (sort of, the characters were there).
Heather
I read these in a morning. They're light, fun, parts of series that you'd recognize if you've read any of these authors before. That said, it was okay if you hadn't, since they're so short they really don't deal with other plot lines. I enjoyed Lori Foster and Deidre Martin's stories the best, and the other two were okay. So pretty much...my rankings went in order of their publishing in the book.
Darcy
This review is based only on the story by Lori Foster.

From the other book, I didn't care for Hart and his actions in this one didn't change my mind. I hated how he treated Lori with no regard and I loved it when she was short with him and gave him crap. Her nickname of Skippy had me laughing and so appropriate. I have a hard time believing in the HEA for these two.
Shannon
Enjoyed Hart's story...really love the Winston men, I think this was the last of them and that makes me sad!

The other stories in this collection were pretty good, quick reads. This was a perfect book to read during my lunch breaks.
I'm going to have to look into Deidre Martin's hockey series.
Katie
I don't read too many anthology novels especially since most of them are short novellas. I enjoyed reading all the stories but my favorite (because of characters and dialogue) were Double Booked by Elizabeth Bevarly and Original Zin by Christie Ridgway!
Megan
Mar 25, 2013 Megan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: epubs
I only read Lori Foster's short but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't know it was connected to a series so now I feel the need to go read those books, lol. I enjoyed the characters so I wouldn't mind reading their stories.
Jody
Only read Foster's story! Combination of SBC and Winston novels. Lisa, a former one night stand, and Hart reconnect. But the news she has was the last thing Hart was expecting. Wonder if his fighting name will be Skippy!
L
Hart and Soul - Lori Foster
I picked this up for the Lori Foster book because it was a continuation of the Winston series... but it was only meh. Probably because it was a short story. It was fun to see Joe again, loved Joe!
Mel Auslan Osborne
I loved all 4 stories but the second was my favourite...... I liked how they introduced me to new authors and their writting styles.... Can't wait to read more by all 4 authors..... I highly recommend this anthology
Narita Wijaya
suka sama cerita" didalamnya, biarpun cerita" pendek tapi cukup menyenangkan buat dibaca disela" waktu luang, soal adegan" HOTnya sih ngga sampai steamy tapi i think it's still good... love it <3
Melissa
I really enjoyed this book,and i also really liked the other three authors also.I really liked "Hart & Soul"-Lori Foster.Iam going to read more sbout his family & the other fighters.
Angel
I just finished this book on the weekend. It is an anthology with stories by four authors that I usually enjoy. The stories were good, but not great for me.
JoAnne
Anthology with 4 hot romance stories. Two were novellas from author/series I love. The other tow were new to me authors that I will look to read more of their stories.
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 5 Dec 01, 2009 09:27AM
  • Hot Ticket (contains New York Blades, #4.5)
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Baddest Bad Boys
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Cross-Checked (Hot Ice, #2)
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Under His Skin
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Sins of Summer: A Midsummer's Night Steam

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

New York Blades (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Body Check (New York Blades, #1)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Total Rush (New York Blades, #3)
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Hot Ticket (contains New York Blades, #4.5)
  • Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5)
  • Just A Taste (New York Blades, #6)
  • Power Play (New York Blades, #7)
  • Icebreaker (New York Blades, #8)
  • Breakaway (New York Blades, #9)
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)