Who Do I Talk To? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #2)

Who Do I Talk To? (Yada Yada House of Hope #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  953 ratings  ·  49 reviews
In the last place she ever imagined she'd be, Gabby will discover what she's made of--and for.
Gabrielle Fairbanks knew her husband was upset with her. But she never expected him to change the locks on their Chicago penthouse, cancel her credit cards, and disappear with their two boys. Now she's literally on the streets with her elderly mother, her mom's dog...and $220 to...more
Published September 29th 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published February 29th 2000)

Beth Peninger
Book 2 in a series that I started a long time ago. Like other books, if there is a 2 or beyond, I had to read it. I will only not read a series if it is so horrible that I can't even stomach book 1! But I can stomach this series and I actually really enjoy it. Neta Jackson does a good job of realistically portraying faith. I think some authors/people/etc portray a life of faith in Christ as this happy-go-lucky, all sunshine and roses kind of life. Um. Yeah. It's not. Sorry to burst your bubble i...more
Mandy Hoffman
I feel like I am stepping back into the arms of a beloved friend when reading this series. Especially this book. The sacrificial friendship stood out to me in this story and I could relate to Gabby as she learns to talk to the Only One who can help her.

We pick up in this book right where we left off in the first one of the House Of Hope series. Gabby has been thrown out by her husband and has gone from the lap of luxury to next to nothing. The Yada Yada Prayer Group and other new friends reach o...more
Lee Margaret
I enjoyed reading this book and I didn't even read the first book yet. I really want to get the next book in the series because I want to find out what happens to Gabriella and her husband. That is all I can say and also if you want to get plenty of sleep, stay away from this book because it will keep you up late at night!

By the way I have read some of the books in the Yada Yada series written by this author so I'm familiar with some of the characters in this book.

I probably should have read th...more
Lynda
This was one of the saddest yet most uplifting books in the series. So many difficult thingshappen to Gabby and her mother while they take refuge at Manna House where Gabby is employed. She learns a lot about herself and her "clients" while becoming a resident in the homeless shelter. She discovers a new depth of relationship with her colleagues and her family while also rediscovering a relationship with God as new developments lead Gabby to a project she never saw coming. I couldn't stop readin...more
Sonia
Wonderful follow up to book 1. Love the way Jackson writes, in a way that you can relate to the characters and feel the plethora of feelings they go through. One gets submerged in the life of Gabby Fairbanks. You find yourself crying with her, laughing with her and rooting for her. Also very spiritually encouraging, making it more than a novel, but a spiritual guide.
Cynthia
I find that I am really a "series" type person. I enjoy reading series that allow me to meet characters and periodically check in with them and their progress. I recommend any books by Neta Jackson.
Maria M. Elmvang
Neta Jackson redeemed herself in this second book in the House of Hope series. I had been extremely disappointed by Where Do I Go?, because it ended on such a depressing note, and had seemed pretty pointless - using the entire book to get the main character down as low as she could get.

In Who Do I Talk To? it becomes apparent why Neta Jackson did this. I still think it's an extremely risky venture to write the first book in a series like that. If I hadn't already been introduced to her writing t...more
Elaine
In this, 2nd in the House of Hope series (following Where Do I Go?), we get to know the residents and staff of Manna House a bit more. There's Estelle, Precious, Sabrina, Carolyn, Jodi and Denny Baxter, Josh and Edesa Baxter, and Mabel, to name a handful. Oh, and Lucy. Let's not forget Lucy. Gabby continues to narrate.

Mama Shep has been experiencing headaches. Gabby tries to live up to the meaning of her name, Gabrielle which means "strong woman of God."

Not as good as "The Yada Yada Prayer Group...more
KDNH
I am loving this series and I am just sad I now have to wait until NEXT SUMMER for the next book! I can't wait to see what happens with Gabby. I'm not sure how much I can say without giving anything away for those who haven't read the first book in the series (Where Do I Go?). But I have enjoyed getting to know the characters of this book. I feel like they are my friends. They make me laugh, they make me think, and they've even brought a tear to my eye. These are fantastic novels to lose yoursel...more
Carla Still
This series is better than the first series of Yada Yada books. This book incorporated the rest of the ladies in the Yada Yada group, so it does help to have read the first series. I liked had the main character from the first series formed a relationship with the main character in this series. It remained suspenseful and full of drama. I'm waiting for the parallel book to come in by the author's husband to read more about Mr. Bentley.
Priscilla Perez
I liked reading this one because I already knew the characters and wanted to know how Gabby's life would continue to change. Events occurred to her that were unexpected, much like life for anyone, full of surprises. What makes me truly enjoy the book is that she learns to trust in God and realizes when things are at their worst, God turns it around for good, although we have a hard time accepting change.
Barbara
Good to see Gabby grow a little more.
Excellent to have Jodi suggest Gabby pray for Phillip. Jodi realizes that he is lost and can benefit from prayer and God's help. Gabby should be praying for him to come to Christ. It would be the best thing for him.
Praying for our enemies and people who have hurt us is one of the traits that makes Christians different. Jesus told us to do this.
Marsha
Second book in the Manna House series - I love to read Jackson's books - such real characters and situations - this was a continuation of Gabby's life as the director of programs at a Chicago homeless shelter and her trials with her husband caused by her choices to help women in need - can't wait for number 3
Sarah Miller
I love all the Neta Jackson books and this one is another one to add to that list. It was an emotional roller coaster right up through the end. This one really made me excited to see the way God was working in the main character, Gabby's life. It will have you crying and praising Jesus all at the same time.
Becky Willis
Oct 12, 2009 Becky Willis added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Becky by: I stumbled on this series years ago.
I have loved all of the Yada Yada books. I finished this one today and cried for the last 100 pages. What an inspiration these books have been for me. I have followed many of the practices including studing the names of some of my students. Keep them coming. I cannot wait until June 2010.
Jan Martin
loved it!
Laura Mooneyhan
I'm just absolutely loving this series. As Gabby is struggling with the new changes in her life, and her new understanding of homelessness she is also learning a lot about her faith, and to rely on prayer and God to help her through the struggles.
Crystal
I love Jackson's style of writing, but most importantly I love that she gives faces, personalities, emotions, and real life circumstances to homeless women. I can't get enough of this series. It challenges me to the core.
Erin
I liked this book better than the first one. The main character is growing in her relationship with the Lord and making friends. I'll definitely be reading the next one to see what happens in her marriage.
Doris
This author is such a kick to read! She gets the reader right into the lives of her characters, good, bad, and indifferent. Her sense of humor and heartache are right on and fun to read.
Heather Siani
Loved this book! Neta Jackson has once again done a great job with the Yada Yada ladies and certainly challenges you to look at how the Lord is working in your own life.
Tay
Great book! I thought the first one in the series was great, but this one is slightly better. It's nice to see Gabby finally start sticking up for herself and grow as a person.
Janet C.
I love the Yada Yada series. I have read the complete series. They make you feel spiritually uplifted and have a laugh along the way. Easy to read...and very enjoyable.
Pam Beaton
The second book in the series gave more insight into Gabby's family life and showed her being more appreciative of family and friends through good times and bad/sad times.
Sandra
The second book in the Yada Yada House of Hope series continues the story of a woman trying to put her life together after a traumatic separation from her husband.
Darlene
I really enjoy reading Neta Jackson. Her stories always seem to stretch her main character, bringing growth and depth to the character. This one was no exception.
Bethany Rudd
I'm not sure I like this series as much as the original Yada Yada, but I do enjoy it. I'm excited to find out what happens with the characters in the next book.
Angie
listened to the book on cd - LOVE this narrator! good book, too.... I think I need more of this Christian focus in my life... good reminder!
Ellie Revert
Dec 07, 2009 Ellie Revert rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women of faith
I cannot get enough of these books, Yada Yada Prayer Group, and now the House of Hope series---book 3 due out in June 2010--it's on my calendar!
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1)
  • Sisterchicks in Gondolas (Sisterchicks, #6)
  • Healing Sands (Sullivan Crisp, #3)
  • Quaker Summer (Women of Faith Fiction) (2007 Novel of the Year)
  • Nowhere, Carolina (Southern Discomfort #2)
  • Faithful
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)
  • The Baby Chronicles (Life, Faith & Getting It Right #19) (Steeple Hill Cafe)
  • Spring Broke (86 Bloomberg Place, #3)
  • The Tea Companion
  • Sunset (Sunrise, #4)
  • The Beach House
  • Age before Beauty (Sister-to-Sister, #2)
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1) The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5)