Start by marking “Who Do I Talk To? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #2)” as Want to Read:
Who Do I Talk To? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #2)

Who Do I Talk To? (Yada Yada House of Hope #2)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  1,330 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
In the last place she ever imagined she'd be, Gabby will discover what she's made of--and for.

Gabrielle Fairbanks knew her husband was upset with her. But she never expected him to change the locks on their Chicago penthouse, cancel her credit cards, and disappear with their two boys. Now she's literally on the streets with her elderly mother, her mom's dog...and $220 to h
Published September 27th 2009 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Who Do I Talk To?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Do I Talk To?

Candle in the Darkness by Lynn AustinThe Silent Governess by Julie KlassenA Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne GistFire by Night by Lynn AustinA Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
Christy Award Winners
65th out of 121 books — 106 voters
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah DessenA Million Ways Home by Dianna Dorisi WingetWho Do I Talk To? by Neta JacksonThe Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann PackerSleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
Luggage & Purses on Fiction
3rd out of 102 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth Peninger
Apr 20, 2011 Beth Peninger rated it really liked it
Book 2 in a series that I started a long time ago. Like other books, if there is a 2 or beyond, I had to read it. I will only not read a series if it is so horrible that I can't even stomach book 1! But I can stomach this series and I actually really enjoy it. Neta Jackson does a good job of realistically portraying faith. I think some authors/people/etc portray a life of faith in Christ as this happy-go-lucky, all sunshine and roses kind of life. Um. Yeah. It's not. Sorry to burst your bubble i ...more
Mandy J. Hoffman
Nov 30, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it it was amazing
I feel like I am stepping back into the arms of a beloved friend when reading this series. Especially this book. The sacrificial friendship stood out to me in this story and I could relate to Gabby as she learns to talk to the Only One who can help her.

We pick up in this book right where we left off in the first one of the House Of Hope series. Gabby has been thrown out by her husband and has gone from the lap of luxury to next to nothing. The Yada Yada Prayer Group and other new friends reach o
Lee Margaret
Sep 21, 2012 Lee Margaret rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and I didn't even read the first book yet. I really want to get the next book in the series because I want to find out what happens to Gabriella and her husband. That is all I can say and also if you want to get plenty of sleep, stay away from this book because it will keep you up late at night!

By the way I have read some of the books in the Yada Yada series written by this author so I'm familiar with some of the characters in this book.

I probably should have read th
Dec 15, 2011 Lynda rated it really liked it
This was one of the saddest yet most uplifting books in the series. So many difficult thingshappen to Gabby and her mother while they take refuge at Manna House where Gabby is employed. She learns a lot about herself and her "clients" while becoming a resident in the homeless shelter. She discovers a new depth of relationship with her colleagues and her family while also rediscovering a relationship with God as new developments lead Gabby to a project she never saw coming. I couldn't stop readin ...more
Nov 10, 2009 Sonia rated it it was amazing
Wonderful follow up to book 1. Love the way Jackson writes, in a way that you can relate to the characters and feel the plethora of feelings they go through. One gets submerged in the life of Gabby Fairbanks. You find yourself crying with her, laughing with her and rooting for her. Also very spiritually encouraging, making it more than a novel, but a spiritual guide.
Dec 31, 2011 Cynthia rated it really liked it
I find that I am really a "series" type person. I enjoy reading series that allow me to meet characters and periodically check in with them and their progress. I recommend any books by Neta Jackson.
Maria Elmvang
Neta Jackson redeemed herself in this second book in the House of Hope series. I had been extremely disappointed by Where Do I Go?, because it ended on such a depressing note, and had seemed pretty pointless - using the entire book to get the main character down as low as she could get.

In Who Do I Talk To? it becomes apparent why Neta Jackson did this. I still think it's an extremely risky venture to write the first book in a series like that. If I hadn't already been introduced to her writing t
Aug 27, 2015 Libby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scribd
This is the second in the "House of Hope" series, which is a spin off of the "Yada Yada Prayer Group" series. I have really enjoyed all of the Neta Jackson books that I have read . The characters are fleshed out and come to feel like old friends. You could read this series without having read the 1st one but it is just richer for it. However the first two in this series definitely need to be read together as they really read as one book. At the end of this book the author said that she started v ...more
Dec 06, 2015 Tanx rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this, just as with her other book in this House of Hope series, the beginning always starts out strong, then it drags and I regret choosing the book (this is why I took 4 months to finish it!), but three-quarter into the book, the pace picks up again and it is hard to put down.
I always end Neta Jackson's books with lots of feel good vibes and encouragement to get closer to the Lord, which makes her one of my go-to authors, but I just wish my excitement wouldn't die do
Angela Belcher
Feb 17, 2015 Angela Belcher rated it really liked it
This book began very slowly and took me a while to get into because of the many different characters. After I began reading I realized it was 2nd in a new series by this author so I probably would not have been so confused if I had read the first book. After getting into the book I really enjoyed the book. Gabby is thrown out of her home with her mother and her mothers dog. Her children are shipped to another state without her knowledge and she is forced to begin living in the homeless shelter w ...more
Jul 17, 2010 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, christian
In this, 2nd in the House of Hope series (following Where Do I Go?), we get to know the residents and staff of Manna House a bit more. There's Estelle, Precious, Sabrina, Carolyn, Jodi and Denny Baxter, Josh and Edesa Baxter, and Mabel, to name a handful. Oh, and Lucy. Let's not forget Lucy. Gabby continues to narrate.

Mama Shep has been experiencing headaches. Gabby tries to live up to the meaning of her name, Gabrielle which means "strong woman of God."

Not as good as "The Yada Yada Prayer Group
Nov 13, 2009 KDNH rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series and I am just sad I now have to wait until NEXT SUMMER for the next book! I can't wait to see what happens with Gabby. I'm not sure how much I can say without giving anything away for those who haven't read the first book in the series (Where Do I Go?). But I have enjoyed getting to know the characters of this book. I feel like they are my friends. They make me laugh, they make me think, and they've even brought a tear to my eye. These are fantastic novels to lose yoursel ...more
Apr 06, 2015 Shannon rated it it was ok
I liked this book. I don't read a ton of Christian fiction but I've often appreciated it's ability to entertain while also causing me to reassess my personal spirituality.

I hadn't read any of the other books in the series before hand, so elements of the book felt very abrupt. I could also figure out what was going on in the story.I guess my only complaint is the book wasn't compelling enough to drive me back to the series because I can easily figure out what happened in the past books the next
Carla Still
Jul 23, 2011 Carla Still rated it really liked it
This series is better than the first series of Yada Yada books. This book incorporated the rest of the ladies in the Yada Yada group, so it does help to have read the first series. I liked had the main character from the first series formed a relationship with the main character in this series. It remained suspenseful and full of drama. I'm waiting for the parallel book to come in by the author's husband to read more about Mr. Bentley.
Priscilla Perez
Mar 27, 2013 Priscilla Perez rated it really liked it
I liked reading this one because I already knew the characters and wanted to know how Gabby's life would continue to change. Events occurred to her that were unexpected, much like life for anyone, full of surprises. What makes me truly enjoy the book is that she learns to trust in God and realizes when things are at their worst, God turns it around for good, although we have a hard time accepting change.
Mar 12, 2010 Marsha rated it really liked it
Second book in the Manna House series - I love to read Jackson's books - such real characters and situations - this was a continuation of Gabby's life as the director of programs at a Chicago homeless shelter and her trials with her husband caused by her choices to help women in need - can't wait for number 3
Aug 28, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
Good to see Gabby grow a little more.
Excellent to have Jodi suggest Gabby pray for Phillip. Jodi realizes that he is lost and can benefit from prayer and God's help. Gabby should be praying for him to come to Christ. It would be the best thing for him.
Praying for our enemies and people who have hurt us is one of the traits that makes Christians different. Jesus told us to do this.
Karen Rowe

As Gabby grows more spiritually, Philip becomes more lost. Grabby begins to trust the Lord more and not to lean on her own understanding.

Gabby learns also that Philip's father does not agree with the decisions he has made.

The characters we loved in Yada Yada also appear in House of Hope.
Sarah Miller
Apr 26, 2013 Sarah Miller rated it it was amazing
I love all the Neta Jackson books and this one is another one to add to that list. It was an emotional roller coaster right up through the end. This one really made me excited to see the way God was working in the main character, Gabby's life. It will have you crying and praising Jesus all at the same time.
Jul 21, 2010 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I love Jackson's style of writing, but most importantly I love that she gives faces, personalities, emotions, and real life circumstances to homeless women. I can't get enough of this series. It challenges me to the core.
Jan 20, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
I liked this book better than the first one. The main character is growing in her relationship with the Lord and making friends. I'll definitely be reading the next one to see what happens in her marriage.
Laura Mooneyhan
Sep 29, 2012 Laura Mooneyhan rated it it was amazing
I'm just absolutely loving this series. As Gabby is struggling with the new changes in her life, and her new understanding of homelessness she is also learning a lot about her faith, and to rely on prayer and God to help her through the struggles.
Becky Willis
Oct 12, 2009 Becky Willis added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Becky by: I stumbled on this series years ago.
I have loved all of the Yada Yada books. I finished this one today and cried for the last 100 pages. What an inspiration these books have been for me. I have followed many of the practices including studing the names of some of my students. Keep them coming. I cannot wait until June 2010.
Sep 25, 2009 Amy rated it liked it
Got this one for my birthday from Trever. Have been waiting months for its release. It was good, but I hate when I book leaves a lot of loose ends that force you to wait for the next one to wrap it all up. Especially when it won't be released until June of 2010. *sigh*
Oct 24, 2014 Sheila added it
this is an awesome series I cant wait for next book when I finish the last in this book it hit me because I lost my husband 6 months ago and Gabby lost her mother the same way. I cant wait to see what God has in store for her next.
Jun 25, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
listened to the book on cd - LOVE this narrator! good book, too.... I think I need more of this Christian focus in my life... good reminder!
Pam Beaton
Jul 25, 2013 Pam Beaton rated it really liked it
The second book in the series gave more insight into Gabby's family life and showed her being more appreciative of family and friends through good times and bad/sad times.
Sharon Garrison
Sep 01, 2015 Sharon Garrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping story

The story continues and, once again, I didn't want to put the book down nor did I want it to end. On to the next. Thankfully, I bought all three at once.
Nov 10, 2011 Tay rated it really liked it
Great book! I thought the first one in the series was great, but this one is slightly better. It's nice to see Gabby finally start sticking up for herself and grow as a person.
Ellie Revert
Dec 07, 2009 Ellie Revert rated it liked it
Recommends it for: women of faith
I cannot get enough of these books, Yada Yada Prayer Group, and now the House of Hope series---book 3 due out in June 2010--it's on my calendar!
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling: Party Edition with Celebrations and Recipes
  • Sisterchicks Down Under (Sisterchicks, #4)
  • Quaker Summer
  • Spring Broke (86 Bloomberg Place, #3)
  • A Little Help from My Friends (Miracle Girls, #3)
  • Healing Waters (Sullivan Crisp, #2)
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Take One (Above the Line, #1)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Third Time's a Charm (Sister-to-Sister, #3)
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)

Yada Yada House of Hope (4 books)
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
  • Who Do I Lean On? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #3)
  • Who Is My Shelter?