Start by marking “Dragon Tide (Adventures in the Liaden Universe, #13)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Tide (Adventures in the Liaden Universe, #13)

Dragon Tide (Adventures in the Liaden Universe #13)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Kareen yos'Phelium Clan Korval has always done everything that was proper, rising by study and by example to become the foremost scholar of the Liaden Code of Proper Conduct on Liad - and perhaps in the galaxy.

Indeed, it seems that the only people she cannot influence to seemly action are the members of her own Clan.

Now, wit Plan B in effect, Kareen must act. Is she mere
Published November 28th 2007 by SRM Publisher Ltd. (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Tide

Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

The first story, Daughter of Dragons, was kind of a surprise to me. It shows Kareen yos'Phelium, during the implementation of Plan b, finally exhibiting some 'Clan Korval-ish' behavior. She is almost caught in the net of the Department of the Interior but manages to extricate herself with the help of Anthora and Jeeves. I still don't like her character much but it was interesting to see her in a better light.

The second story, Dragon Tide, is a snippet of ancient history when the
Kathleen
Two short stories in the Liaden Universe, light science fiction/ space opera. The first story is great. I have never liked Kareen yos'Phelium until now, so late in the series, with this story, Daughter of Dragons (5-stars).

First off, it's very well written. Coherent plot, solid character development, and suspenseful. It is also straightforward, without the nonstop head-hopping these authors embrace. There is some scene shifting, but not too much.

Plot: Set somewhere early in I Dare, Kareen must
Kerry
Oct 22, 2014 Kerry rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014, ebooks, sf, 8
It was lovely to have a story about Kareen. Having always seen her through the eyes of others before, I hadn't properly considered how much of a misfit she is in her own Clan. We're used to seeing Korval as misfits, so to see that she was an outsider among the outsiders was kind of odd and eye-opening. I have a lot more sympathy for her than I ever did before and I'm very glad to have read her story.

I skimmed the dragon story as I'd read it before and it is couched in a lovely, off kilter way, b
gremlin
I enjoyed both stories in this chapbook, though the first more than the second.

Daughter of Dragons - We get a little more background on Kareen yos'Phelium, including remembering the conversation with her mother here she was told she was not Delm material for Korval. During Plan B she's approached by an old friend, who turns out to be part of the group that's now an enemy of Korval. She has to figure out how to get herself out.

Dragon Tide - The name of this second story as well as the Chapbook. T
Coyora Dokusho
I gotta admit... I only read Daughter of Dragons... XD
Donlee
Donlee marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
David Navratil
David Navratil marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
D
D marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
K. Caffee
K. Caffee marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Rowan
Rowan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Mishael Higgins
Mishael Higgins marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Miles, Mutants, and Microbes (Vorkosigan Omnibus, #5)
  • The Stars Blue Yonder (The Outback Stars #3)
  • The Price of the Stars (Mageworlds, #1)
  • White Star (Epic of Palins, #2)
  • Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers, #1)
  • Blood of War (Red Dragon Rising, #4)
  • Elfhome (Elfhome, #3)
  • Beginnings (Worlds of Honor, #6)
  • Until Again: The prequel novella to Blue
  • Pointblank (Starfist: Force Recon, #2)
  • Interstellar Patrol II: The Federation of Humanity
  • Galactic Bounty (Sam McCade, #1)
  • Your Planet or Mine? (Otherworldly Men #1)
  • The Trikon Deception
  • Starhawk (The Academy, #7)
  • The Last Mortal Man: Book One Of the Deathless
  • Bolo Strike
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
Sharon Lee has been married to her first husband for more than half her lifetime; she is a friend to cats, a member of the National Carousel Association, and oversees the dubious investment schemes of an improbable number of stuffed animals.

Despite having been born in a year of the dragon, Sharon is an introvert. She lives in Maine because she likes it there. In fact, she likes it so much that she
More about Sharon Lee...
Agent of Change (Liaden Universe, #9) Conflict of Honors (Liaden Universe, #8) Fledgling (Theo Waitley, #1; Liaden Universe, #12) Local Custom (Liaden Universe, #5) I Dare (Liaden Universe, #13)