Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)

Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  16,796 ratings  ·  1,149 reviews
Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she's sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she's a professional woman--an accountant--and surely isn't a submissive...is she?

Master Z hasn't been so attracted to a woman in ye...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 155 pages
Published January 2009 by Loose Id

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

GET THIS NOW! It's free today on Amazon, and in my opinion, one of the best BDSM series, ever!!

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B1N3EBC

My review-

I wasn’t sure what to expect from Club Shadowlands because I’ve never read anything by Cherise Sinclair until now. The beginning wasn’t terribly creative, with Jessica’s car breaking down in a storm and she finding herself knocking on the front door of a mansion hoping to use their phone… you get the idea… But that’s where the lack of creativity e...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Well, since this book is pretty short, the review will be pretty short too...

Here are just some basic things you need to know, and some of my reactions to them...

Master Z
is a mind reader :D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yup, he can tell what emotions you are feeling, sometimes even your thoughts! He is the pefect master and knows what every sub needs and wants. And I was just about to say: Where can I get some of that?, but then thought... Ummm, I really DON'T want a guy who'll know every single thing I'm thinking/feeling AL...more
Lisa

3.5 BDSM Stars

This is all about how a sexy Dom.....

description

accidentally meets an insecure yet passionate woman....

description

Club Shadowlands is the first book in a BDSM series, Masters of the Shadowlands, by Cherise Sinclair. I have read Sinclair's Masters of the Mountain series and truly enjoyed those books so I thought I would give this series a whirl. No one writes a Dom like Cherise Sinclair. Her Doms all seem to be simply delish and Master Z in no exception!

Jessica Randall is in a pickle. After a horrendous...more
nd  - Master's lil-kitten
Every once in a while a book comes along that grabs at your the literary brain cells. That you read and immediately want to read again, that while you're reading it, you can't put it down, you don't want it to end, you want to shout to everyone you know that they MUST, MUST read this book! You think about where the story is going to go next when you aren't sitting down holding it in your hands... well this is one of those books for me... one of those authors actually. Everything I've read by Che...more
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
Sep 24, 2013 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie by: Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer
This was like being Alice in a very twisted Wonderland...

Holy hells was that steamy!

If your looking for a short, hot and entertaining read, look no further. Club Shadowlands pulled me in and kept me in a heat-filled daze. The writing was easy, the characters were interesting and this book was a perfect way to take a break from my depressing and masochistic reading.

Rough night, Kitten?

*sigh* I can never resist a man who calls his girl Kitten.
Master Z was one of my favorite characters. He w...more
Shurrn
This was a fun introduction to the Masters of the Shadowlands series...

If you follow my updates, you might have seen my surprise when I discovered that I had already read this book... I figured this out within the first few sentences and was more than a little surprised... Not that I had read a book that was published four years ago, but that I could barely remember anything about it...

Here is what I could remember:
After a car crash, a young woman takes shelter in a strange house,
Which turns out
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Whenever I ask for BDSM recommendations, I am told the same two words all the time: Cherise Sinclair. Curiosity got the best of me and I read an excerpt of this book online. I was instantly hooked and delved right into Club Shadowlands.

This is a novella so I was quite impressed by the story that bloomed between Master Z and Jessica. When Jessica finds herself stuck in her car in the middle of the storm, she seeks shelter in a private club for the night. Unbeknownst to...more
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)
Jun 09, 2013 Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of "The Scene"
Recommended to Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century) by: Angela
3.5 Stars

Your expectations going into this book will make or break it for you. Seriously. If you expect beautiful literature or in depth character development or rational human behavior you’re going to be pissed. You’re going to scream things like this:

“Haven’t you ever seen a scary movie? Do NOT go in there!”

But if you go into this book expecting a fully formed BDSM fantasy you may end up screaming things more along these lines:

“Yes. Yes. Give it to me. YES!”

Because I went into this prepared...more
Vishous
1.5

● things I liked in this book: .................

● things I didn't like in this book:

○ every single sentence on every single page;
○ heroine that is TSTL;
○ hero that feels other people's emotions and is a mind reader and obviously the smartest living creature on planet Earth;
○ did I mention extremely annoying heroine?!
○ did I mention a hero with super powers in his loins?!
Dina
This read was boring to me, as I didn't connect with Master Z (Zachary) and Jessica. Master Z was a caring, sensitive and protective Dom, Jessica was a nice and courageous (even if a bit TSTL) sub, but I didn't feel any chemistry between them. Everything was too rushed and their sexual encounters left me cold, which is saying a lot considering that BDSM usually ruffles my feathers - sometimes in a bad way, sometimes in a good way. This time, I couldn't care less.

This was only my 2nd book by this...more
 ~V~
**3 1/2 stars**

Hhhhmmmm...so at first, i have to admit, i was a little bit nervous to read this since BDSM is most definitely NOT my "thing" but after seeing all of my GR friends' ratings and reviews my interest was piqued and felt that i had to at least give the 1st one a shot.

In the beginning i was STILL having doubts simply because Jessica was stupid, plain and simple!...she enters a house with two strange men...signs a contract even though she hasn't read through it and really has no clue w...more
Steelwhisper
...give me a day to recuperate...

After a few days to recuperate, and thanks to Loederkoningin some absolutely wonderful pansexual BDSM to read, I get back to this here.

Where to start? A vanilla woman drives her car into a ditch in the middle of the night in a thunderstorm, and enters a BDSM club to get help. This reads a bit like the great opening scenes of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", with a Jessica instead of a Janet and Brad, and a Sir Z instead of a Frank N. Furter. While this book stays...more
Vilda
I'd been curious about Club Shadowlands for quite some time, so when it was picked for me in a challenge I decided that it was finally time to give it a try! I'm really glad I did, as it was a very quick and steamy read that was just enough to get me out of my minor reading slump.

I really loved Master Z! He's one of those guys I always end up pining after (both he and Cullen had me at hello). They were both such wonderful Doms that clearly had their subs best interest at heart and even I felt co...more
Katherine Sommers
Sort of the standard BDSM thing of an accidental introduction to the lifestyle. Girl is driving in storm, girl's car breaks down, she goes to castle to use the phone, but castles don't have phones a******, so she has to stay the night. Everyone does the time warp and she's introduced to the world of kink.

I have read this book before. I love reading this book.

Except it doesn't turn out to be that book. Before she's done much more than look, she breaks a rule and because she's signed a member ag...more
Sandra
*Note: Review unedited*.

This story is fucked up, my friends. Like, fucked up along the lines of Fifty Shades of Grey.

I brought this book cause it was a freebie. I didn't even read the synopsis. The cover looked hot though so i picked it up, haha. That was a few months ago, so i decided to actually read it and give it a go. It was a really short read i read in a day.

It's about BDSM, and this girl who stumbles upon the club that is all about BDSM sex. She meets the owner, instant 'oh he is hot,...more
Jen
May 28, 2013 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jen by: Kyra Storm
Another book of Cherise's that I couldn't put down!!! So far all her books that I have read I really enjoy and can't put them down!! Once again the "steam factor" is off the charts!
The book starts off with Jessica arriving at Club Shadowlands on a dark and stormy night!! Her car is off the road and she is cold so she ends up there. Master Z (Zachary) is a dom who finds Jessica interesting..She ends up learning about being a sub and sees for the first time different scenarios that go on in the cl...more
Rebecca
I should point out I am reviewing the series, not this particular book. But it would essentially be the same for all books anyway.

I read these when I don't want to think, when I'm bored and just wanting light entertainment.

They are basically the same thing. Everybody is awesome, what are the chances! Single Sexy Girl stumbles into BDSM club, Perfect Dom of her dreams sees girl and has to have her, turns out it what she needed all her life! Everybody has millions of orgasms, everybody falls in l...more
Jo ★  The Book Sloth★
You should know before reading my review that BDSM isn't my thing. It is way out of my comfort zone and although I may believe that everyone has a right to get off however they want I still cringe every time S&M is mentioned. So, you probably realize what a surprise it was to me that I enjoyed this book so much. If it had more of a plot it would be a solid 5.

**************SPOILERS**************

Master Z

Z was so damn hot. He had this overly protective personality combined with a bit of an edg...more
Duchess Nicole
All right, I'll begin by saying that while I'm fairly new to the BDSM scene, I thought that I had a fairly good idea as to what to expect. I've never felt uncomfortable with anything that I've read thus far in the erotica/BDSM genre. Seems to me that most of the authors that I've read have been very careful to give the sense of a very distinct line between consent and non-consent. Hence safe words and constant reassurance. I definitely did not get that from this book. I was really uncomfortable...more
AH
Dec 22, 2010 AH rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults Only/contains BSDM
Thanks to Allromance.com and their 12 days of Christmas, I was able to sample a genre of books that I would not have necessarily sought out.

Do any of you remember The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Do you remember how it started on that dark and stormy night? Brad and Janet’s car broke down and the only house in the area was the spooky mansion? They arrive soaked and are told that there is a private party going on?

Well, this ebook had a very similar start. Jessica skids off the road and walks over...more
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
**3.25 stars**

Good opener to the series....nice quick read. I would have enjoyed the book more if Jessica wasn't so insecure and close-minded about alternative lifestyles. It was hard for me to look over the "OMG this feels SO good, but oh no this is wrong!" aspect of her thinking. You have a hot protective Alpha male who is basically willing to center his attention on bringing you nothing but pleasure...the problem here would be?????

Lower rating due to Jessica's character and what feels like an...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Club Shadowlands is NOT one of my favorite Cherise Sinclair books, that's for sure. I did like Master Z's character but I never fully warmed up to Jessica's character. I also had a hard time believing Jessica to be a submissive. The heroine remained to obstinate and dubious throughout this book for me to buy into her submissive nature. Not to mention, for someone described as level-head and critical thinking, she sure did some really stupid things.

Club Shadowlands is well written and insightfu...more
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
Jun 14, 2013 Aure `Reading With The Dark` rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: BDSM lovers
Recommended to Aure `Reading With The Dark` by: Aly (Mircea) Basarab

Ok so you see my 4 stars..

The thing about this book.. hmm.. where should I start.
From beginning, duh!
Well I was frustrated from the start.. so much cheese things happened that I actually considered dropping it(like it's hot). I didn't. Thought, ah, what the hell, it's not like it's long.
And I'm glad now that I finished reading it.
From the start there were things so far from reality I couldn't help but face-palm A LOT!

Jeeez I thought, cause I always saw good ratings for this series, and my fr...more
Angela
I've re-read this book many times over the years since it was first released. Cherise Sinclair has become the go-to author I read and recommend when I'm looking for good erotic, BDSM, romance. Her Masters of the Shadowlands series continues to get better and better and I almost can't help but love it.

See my full review at my blog or booklikes
Jill
3.5 stars.
I did really like this introduction to the Shadowlands series. Master Z was a very sexy man. I do have to say that I was expecting a little bit more in the bdsm department. But I have heard the first in this series was quite mild compared to the rest, so I maybe already had the notion in my mind.
All in all a steamy little number that got me all excited.....now just for the next in the series. I really can't wait for Master C and Master D too! *totally fanning self*
La-Lionne
That's the story the notorious Master Z gets? I'm disappointed.

Nothing new, nothing special. Rushed, no decent beginning, no buildup, straight to the sex.
Heroine was very annoying. A lot of " I uhm.. But I... What are you... No, I'm uh...".
In this story, it felt like I have been in that club a thousand times. Same surroundings, same people, nothing exiting.

I know that Sinclair could have done better than this. Mediocre at best.
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Oh, the beginning is such a cliche. It's cliche of the cliche. But, then again, those car/phone/whatever malfunctions are pretty good starting points. And, you've gotta start somewhere, right?
Since this is quite a short story, there wasn't a lot of space to explore, wander, develop... So, yeah, I wish it was just a teensy-weensy longer.
And, that would be that - when it comes to my "didn't like it" section.

I did like Club Shadowlands, on the overall. The BDSM part is way beyond light. And, althou...more
Jill Myles
Well! *fans self* That was really, reeeeeally hot. At first I thought the heroine might be a bit of a, well, okay, a dummy. She's a straightlaced accountant that finds herself at a BDSM club and when they present her with the rules, she doesn't read them. This is the second book in a row that I've read where some CPA doesn't read the rules of the club and then gets all surprised. I haven't read a lot of BDSM stuff, so maybe this is common? Either way, I kind of rolled my eyes at the heroine.

But!...more
P.A. Lupton
I’ve read this book before (a few times) but I thought I would write something quickly about why I love the Masters of Shadowlands series so much. In my opinion this series is the best in the BDSM genre. Cherise Sinclair does an amazing job of pulling you into her characters (I love them all) and showing the internal struggles of the not only the Subs, but the Doms as well.

I love Master Z, the relationship between him and Jessica is fun and yet still hot. Jessica gets them into some humorous pre...more
MsRomanticReads
What a time for her car to break down, right in the middle of a tropical storm out in the middle of nowhere. Muddy and wet, Jessica tries to find help, and she eventually ends up on the doorstep of a mansion (I heard the Rocky Horror Picture Show theme running through my head, lol). When she realizes that her shelter is actually a private BDSM club, it's too late. She's in the middle of it, and Master Z has set his sights on her.

Master Z is intrigued by the little newcomer. Her wide-eyed innocen...more
Who's your Favorite 'Master' 144 507 Jun 27, 2014 09:03AM
Who is your favorite sub? 6 50 Jun 23, 2014 08:06AM
Other books in the series 7 73 Apr 08, 2014 01:48PM
looking for more BDSM club books 10 140 Feb 11, 2014 01:33PM
Master Z and Jessica 4 94 Sep 04, 2013 07:48PM
  • Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2.5)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #1)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Submissive Beauty
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Training Amy (BDSM Erotica)
Having to wear glasses in elementary school can scar a person for life. Dubbed a nerd at an early age, Cherise Sinclair has been trying to live up to the stereotype ever since. And what better way than being an author?

Known for writing deeply emotional stories, the USA Today Bestselling Author has penned sixteen erotic romance novels, most with a BDSM theme. (Please do not mention the phrase momm...more
More about Cherise Sinclair...
Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3) Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1) Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5) Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4)

“What the heck kind of name was Sir?” 30 likes