Start by marking “Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)” as Want to Read:
Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)

Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  25,987 Ratings  ·  1,510 Reviews
Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she's sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she's a professional woman--an accountant--and surely isn't a submissive...is she?

Master Z hasn't been so attracted to a woman in ye
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 155 pages
Published January 2009 by Loose Id

Lisa
Jun 03, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it

3.5 BDSM Stars

This is all about how a sexy Dom.....

description

accidentally meets an insecure yet passionate woman....

description

Club Shadowlands is the first book in a BDSM series, Masters of the Shadowlands, by Cherise Sinclair. I have read Sinclair's Masters of the Mountain series and truly enjoyed those books so I thought I would give this series a whirl. No one writes a Dom like Cherise Sinclair. Her Doms all seem to be simply delish and Master Z in no exception!

Jessica Randall is in a pickle. After a horrendous
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Well, since this book is pretty short, the review will be pretty short too...

Here are just some basic things you need to know, and some of my reactions to them...

Master Z
is a mind reader :D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yup, he can tell what emotions you are feeling, sometimes even your thoughts! He is the pefect master and knows what every sub needs and wants. And I was just about to say: Where can I get some of that?, but then thought... Ummm, I really DON'T want a guy who'll know every single thing I'm thinking/feeling AL
Shurrn
This was a fun introduction to the Masters of the Shadowlands series...

If you follow my updates, you might have seen my surprise when I discovered that I had already read this book... I figured this out within the first few sentences and was more than a little surprised... Not that I had read a book that was published four years ago, but that I could barely remember anything about it...

Here is what I could remember:
After a car crash, a young woman takes shelter in a strange house,
Which turns out
nd ♥ (Master's kitten) ♥
Every once in a while a book comes along that grabs at your the literary brain cells. That you read and immediately want to read again, that while you're reading it, you can't put it down, you don't want it to end, you want to shout to everyone you know that they MUST, MUST read this book! You think about where the story is going to go next when you aren't sitting down holding it in your hands... well this is one of those books for me... one of those authors actually. Everything I've read by Che ...more
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
Sep 24, 2013 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie by: Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer
This was like being Alice in a very twisted Wonderland...

Holy hells was that steamy!

If your looking for a short, hot and entertaining read, look no further. Club Shadowlands pulled me in and kept me in a heat-filled daze. The writing was easy, the characters were interesting and this book was a perfect way to take a break from my depressing and masochistic reading.

Rough night, Kitten?

*sigh* I can never resist a man who calls his girl Kitten.
Master Z was one of my favorite characters. H
Steelwhisper
...give me a day to recuperate...

After a few days to recuperate, and thanks to Loederkoningin some absolutely wonderful pansexual BDSM to read, I get back to this here.

Where to start? A vanilla woman drives her car into a ditch in the middle of the night in a thunderstorm, and enters a BDSM club to get help. This reads a bit like the great opening scenes of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", with a Jessica instead of a Janet and Brad, and a Sir Z instead of a Frank N. Furter. While this book stays
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

3.25 STARS

This was quite the short read, but it was full of steam. It was a pretty good start to the series, but it wasn't without any flaws.

The story starts off with the Jessica leaving a horrible date, and her car stranding her on a street in the pouring rain alone. She goes in search for some help when she comes across Club Shadowlands. She has no idea the nature of this club or that that night is BDSM night. This is where she meets Master Z, a Dom, she is immensely attracted to.

"But a Dom
Navessa
Jun 09, 2013 Navessa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "The Scene"
Recommended to Navessa by: Angela
3.5 Stars

Your expectations going into this book will make or break it for you. Seriously. If you expect beautiful literature or in depth character development or rational human behavior you’re going to be pissed. You’re going to scream things like this:

“Haven’t you ever seen a scary movie? Do NOT go in there!”

But if you go into this book expecting a fully formed BDSM fantasy you may end up screaming things more along these lines:

“Yes. Yes. Give it to me. YES!”

Because I went into this prepare
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Whenever I ask for BDSM recommendations, I am told the same two words all the time: Cherise Sinclair. Curiosity got the best of me and I read an excerpt of this book online. I was instantly hooked and delved right into Club Shadowlands.

This is a novella so I was quite impressed by the story that bloomed between Master Z and Jessica. When Jessica finds herself stuck in her car in the middle of the storm, she seeks shelter in a private club for the night. Unbeknownst to
Dina
This read was boring to me, as I didn't connect with Master Z (Zachary) and Jessica. Master Z was a caring, sensitive and protective Dom, Jessica was a nice and courageous (even if a bit TSTL) sub, but I didn't feel any chemistry between them. Everything was too rushed and their sexual encounters left me cold, which is saying a lot considering that BDSM usually ruffles my feathers - sometimes in a bad way, sometimes in a good way. This time, I couldn't care less.

This was only my 2nd book by this
Vishous
1.5

things I liked in this book: .................

things I didn't like in this book:

every single sentence on every single page;
heroine that is TSTL;
hero that feels other people's emotions and is a mind reader and obviously the smartest living creature on planet Earth;
did I mention extremely annoying heroine?!
did I mention a hero with super powers in his loins?!
Vina
Oct 20, 2015 Vina rated it liked it
I really liked the cover.I loved the synopsie , but Master Z was what really did it for me.I loved that for once , the hero was a grown men with black hair silvering at the temples,and have two grown children.I've always had an extra thing for older men. When my school friends were busy swooning over Taylor lautner, I had a crush on liam neeson or pierce brosnan. Sadly, most heroes in novels are 20 ish.So yeah.. that with him being a Dom,Zachary is definitely on my top 5 favorite males.

A nice, l
Kat Fletcher
Aug 14, 2012 Kat Fletcher rated it did not like it
Sort of the standard BDSM thing of an accidental introduction to the lifestyle. Girl is driving in storm, girl's car breaks down, she goes to castle to use the phone, but castles don't have phones a******, so she has to stay the night. Everyone does the time warp and she's introduced to the world of kink.

I have read this book before. I love reading this book.

Except it doesn't turn out to be that book. Before she's done much more than look, she breaks a rule and because she's signed a member ag
 ~V~
May 14, 2012 ~V~ rated it liked it
**3 1/2 stars**

Hhhhmmmm...so at first, i have to admit, i was a little bit nervous to read this since BDSM is most definitely NOT my "thing" but after seeing all of my GR friends' ratings and reviews my interest was piqued and felt that i had to at least give the 1st one a shot.

In the beginning i was STILL having doubts simply because Jessica was stupid, plain and simple!...she enters a house with two strange men...signs a contract even though she hasn't read through it and really has no clue w
Vilda
I'd been curious about Club Shadowlands for quite some time, so when it was picked for me in a challenge I decided that it was finally time to give it a try! I'm really glad I did, as it was a very quick and steamy read that was just enough to get me out of my minor reading slump.

I really loved Master Z! He's one of those guys I always end up pining after (both he and Cullen had me at hello). They were both such wonderful Doms that clearly had their subs best interest at heart and even I felt co
Sandra
*Note: Review unedited*.

This story is fucked up, my friends. Like, fucked up along the lines of Fifty Shades of Grey.

I brought this book cause it was a freebie. I didn't even read the synopsis. The cover looked hot though so i picked it up, haha. That was a few months ago, so i decided to actually read it and give it a go. It was a really short read i read in a day.

It's about BDSM, and this girl who stumbles upon the club that is all about BDSM sex. She meets the owner, instant 'oh he is hot,
Duchess Nicole
All right, I'll begin by saying that while I'm fairly new to the BDSM scene, I thought that I had a fairly good idea as to what to expect. I've never felt uncomfortable with anything that I've read thus far in the erotica/BDSM genre. Seems to me that most of the authors that I've read have been very careful to give the sense of a very distinct line between consent and non-consent. Hence safe words and constant reassurance. I definitely did not get that from this book. I was really uncomfortable ...more
Jen
May 28, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jen by: Kyra Storm
Another book of Cherise's that I couldn't put down!!! So far all her books that I have read I really enjoy and can't put them down!! Once again the "steam factor" is off the charts!
The book starts off with Jessica arriving at Club Shadowlands on a dark and stormy night!! Her car is off the road and she is cold so she ends up there. Master Z (Zachary) is a dom who finds Jessica interesting..She ends up learning about being a sub and sees for the first time different scenarios that go on in the cl
Rebecca
May 31, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, romance, fave-fluff
I should point out I am reviewing the series, not this particular book. But it would essentially be the same for all books anyway.

I read these when I don't want to think, when I'm bored and just wanting light entertainment.

They are basically the same thing. Everybody is awesome, what are the chances! Single Sexy Girl stumbles into BDSM club, Perfect Dom of her dreams sees girl and has to have her, turns out it what she needed all her life! Everybody has millions of orgasms, everybody falls in l
Kristen
Club Shadowlands is NOT one of my favorite Cherise Sinclair books, that's for sure. I did like Master Z's character but I never fully warmed up to Jessica's character. I also had a hard time believing Jessica to be a submissive. The heroine remained to obstinate and dubious throughout this book for me to buy into her submissive nature. Not to mention, for someone described as level-head and critical thinking, she sure did some really stupid things.

Club Shadowlands is well written and insightfu
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR STARS!

If you've ever had to walk a mile in the rain and cold after losing your car in a ditch, then you probably are having the worst day ever, and I'm going to guess that your name is Jessica.

Club Shadowlands opens up with our heroine, Jessica Randall, a no-nonsense accountant currently down on her luck and searching for some road-side assistance. She stumbles across a private club where she meets the swoon-worthy Master Z, who leads her on a gentle exploration of the kinky side of sex an
AH
Dec 22, 2010 AH rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults Only/contains BSDM
Thanks to Allromance.com and their 12 days of Christmas, I was able to sample a genre of books that I would not have necessarily sought out.

Do any of you remember The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Do you remember how it started on that dark and stormy night? Brad and Janet’s car broke down and the only house in the area was the spooky mansion? They arrive soaked and are told that there is a private party going on?

Well, this ebook had a very similar start. Jessica skids off the road and walks over
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
You should know before reading my review that BDSM isn't my thing. It is way out of my comfort zone and although I may believe that everyone has a right to get off however they want I still cringe every time S&M is mentioned. So, you probably realize what a surprise it was to me that I enjoyed this book so much. If it had more of a plot it would be a solid 5.

**************SPOILERS**************

Master Z

Z was so damn hot. He had this overly protective personality combined with a bit of an ed
Rin W. Vitale
Jun 02, 2015 Rin W. Vitale rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!

"I do. And I think it's time you gave me your number."
"What would you do with my number?"
"Call you and ask you out to dinner. Talk to you somewhere besides in bed, much as I enjoy having you here."
"Do I call you Sir at a restaurant?"
"No, kitten." ..."I'm Zachary until we reach the club...or the bedroom."

Been a while since I read some BDSM genre! Wasn't so bad! This one was enjoyable read. And, OH MAN, the sex was..

Melanie
As of September 29th, 2015 this book is free on Amazon.

This book was dramatically better than I was expecting. I was so pleasantly surprised. Cherise Sinclair completely won me over. I have never read a book about BDSM that was so careful to protect its readers from real life BDSM gone wrong.

She even prefaces the whole book with this:

How amazing, right? She completely won me over.

Zachery was exactly what people should look for if they are interested in the BDSM world. He always put the needs
La-Lionne
Feb 26, 2013 La-Lionne rated it liked it
Shelves: own, bdsm
That's the story the notorious Master Z gets? I'm disappointed.

Nothing new, nothing special. Rushed, no decent beginning, no buildup, straight to the sex.
Heroine was very annoying. A lot of " I uhm.. But I... What are you... No, I'm uh...".
In this story, it felt like I have been in that club a thousand times. Same surroundings, same people, nothing exiting.

I know that Sinclair could have done better than this. Mediocre at best.
P.A. Lupton
Oct 09, 2014 P.A. Lupton rated it it was amazing
I’ve read this book before (a few times) but I thought I would write something quickly about why I love the Masters of Shadowlands series so much. In my opinion this series is the best in the BDSM genre. Cherise Sinclair does an amazing job of pulling you into her characters (I love them all) and showing the internal struggles of the not only the Subs, but the Doms as well.

I love Master Z, the relationship between him and Jessica is fun and yet still hot. Jessica gets them into some humorous pre
Tekla
May 19, 2012 Tekla rated it did not like it
I was in the mood for some hot real BDSM book after Fifty Shades of Grey ... But oh boy, picking this book was such a mistake.

Shortly after you start reading, they tell you the moto is SAFE, SANE AND CONSENSUAL. Keep that in mind, mm'k?

Main girl's car crashed in the middle of nowhere in a cold, rainy night. She found a lone house and went inside without knowing it was a bondage private club. They told her she had to sign some paper to join and be able to get inside, and she fucking did because s
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
**3.25 stars**

Good opener to the series....nice quick read. I would have enjoyed the book more if Jessica wasn't so insecure and close-minded about alternative lifestyles. It was hard for me to look over the "OMG this feels SO good, but oh no this is wrong!" aspect of her thinking. You have a hot protective Alpha male who is basically willing to center his attention on bringing you nothing but pleasure...the problem here would be?????

Lower rating due to Jessica's character and what feels like an
Angela
I've re-read this book many times over the years since it was first released. Cherise Sinclair has become the go-to author I read and recommend when I'm looking for good erotic, BDSM, romance. Her Masters of the Shadowlands series continues to get better and better and I almost can't help but love it.

See my full review at my blog or booklikes
Who's your Favorite 'Master' 161 611 May 15, 2016 10:47AM
Who is your favorite sub? 14 92 May 14, 2016 07:07AM
Master Z and Jessica 5 128 Nov 13, 2015 07:54PM
Other books in the series 7 83 Apr 08, 2014 01:48PM
looking for more BDSM club books 10 180 Feb 11, 2014 01:33PM
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1.5)
  • Comfort Object (Comfort, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Ice Queen (Nature of Desire, #3)
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • Masters at Arms (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5)
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Pushing Limits (Bondage Ranch, #2)
  • Siren Beloved (Texas Sirens, #4)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
Whenever I ask for BDSM recommendations, I am told the same two words all the time: Cherise Sinclair. ~ Under the Covers Reviews

Authors often say their characters argue with them. Unfortunately, since Cherise Sinclair’s heroes are Doms, she never, ever wins.

A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, devastati
More about Cherise Sinclair...

Masters of the Shadowlands (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4)
  • Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)
  • To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands, #6)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands, #9)
  • Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10)
  • Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11)

“What the heck kind of name was Sir?” 41 likes