Start by marking “Little Women” as Want to Read:
Little Women

Little Women

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  514 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Meet the March sisters: the talented and tomboyish Jo, the beautiful Meg, the frail Beth, and the spoiled Amy, as they pass through the years between girlhood and womanhood. A lively portrait of growing up in the 19th century with lasting vitality and enduring charm.
Published January 1st 1995 by Brimax Books

Miyu Kojima
Nov 11, 2015 Miyu Kojima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. Oxford, level 4
2. 11/9=50 mins. 11/10=40 mins. 11/11=30 mins.
3. Four sisters, father, war, Meg, Jo, Laurie, Christmas
4. a: "It's so awful to be poor!"
b: Most people think rich people are better than poor people. However, there are many things which we cannot buy with money,
5. This book is famous in Japan, Actually, I have never read this book. There are four sisters and this family had not enough money. They were poor, so sisters were not interested in a Christmas. However, I think we can e
Mert Sevinç
Jan 04, 2015 Mert Sevinç rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
godd
Maho Asano
May 27, 2015 Maho Asano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1.Oxford level4
2.5/22=20min, 5/24=90min
3.Christmas, poor, four March girls, boy, love, father, civil war,
4.a. On Christmas Day, Laurie has brought in the presents and he opened the door to show another Christmas present for them as a surprise. Then, their father appeared, he came back home from the civil war.
b. I like this scene because they wanted him to come back home and Christmas that they had experienced didn't have lots of presents as Jo said.
5. This book taught me about importance of the
Mary M
Nov 01, 2009 Mary M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanting. Timeless. Wholesome. Real. Will reread often as spiritual tonic.
Momoko Fujigaki
Jan 07, 2015 Momoko Fujigaki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1, Oxford level 4
2, 1/2=30min, 1/7=120min
3, Marchs, Christmas present, party, Piano, Jo's writing, Mr Brooke, Love
4, a)'Let's each get her something and not get anything for ourselves,' said Beth.
b)The story around this sentences was warm, and I think their love to their mother was nice.
5, I really like this book because there is something makes my heart warm, and I think that is because of love among family. The scene of confession by Mr Brooke to Meg made my heart beating.
Yoko Sasaki
9/24 15min
26pages/73

1. family 2.poor 3.four girls 4.party
5. boy 6.fight 7.forgive

Q1.In this story, because father dead because of war, there are mother and four girls in the family. How many sisters or brothers do you have? What do your role in your family?
my answer: I have older sister and younger sister. I think my role in my family is that release my mother and older sisters stress because they have stressful life. When I come back to my home town, they
Shatha
Jan 21, 2015 Shatha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story and I felt like " I need some sisters in my life ", We took it at school actually, I felt very happy while reading it with my teacher and friends ...more
Cristi_Nika
Jan 04, 2016 Cristi_Nika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helping my little bro with his homework:)
Cute read, easy to understand, shorter version of the classic.
Ioana Zorbescu
Got this by accident instead of the real book; was rather disappointed; Needs more drama.
Nora Jk
Jan 22, 2014 Nora Jk rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Adapting novels this way must not be legal, it make no sense to me to press 449 pages novel into 74 pages! not for such a novel.. poor glossary and ugly illustrations. I definitely wish to read the full original series.
Jo March is one of my favorite literary heroines.. which in turn, leads me to believe that Louisa May Alcott and I would have been friends, had we been born in the same generation:) Or at least someone I would have found amusing. If you've seen the movie or read the book as a child, I highly suggest reading it again as an adult and take into consideration its timing in history and the relationship between the U.S. and England at this time. Alcott is a riot and ahead of her time on so many levels ...more
Jennifer Johnson
Jul 19, 2010 Jennifer Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I didn't listen to this version- but I did "read it" along with the Craftlit podcast. I love this book SO MUCH. I've read it dozens of times but it was fun to read it with Heather's insights and commentary.
Lizzie
Nov 23, 2009 Lizzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I put off reading this one for years, because I was told the follow up "Little Men" is a better read. After watching the movie though, I was curious about the differences. I like both books.
Katie
This book is a story filled with family, friendships, relationships, lessons, and emotions. Great to keep on hand in your classroom library. Recommended for grades 5 and up.
Rozina
I've read the whole set of the Little Women...a defining moment in time that capture the true families and friendship ties.
Aideen Dunne
Jan 21, 2010 Aideen Dunne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all the Little Women series when I was a teenager and adored them all. We used to act them out in high drama.
Kate
Oct 17, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a perfect story about a family and their adventures. I love all of the girls and their different personalities.
Neiley
Another childhood book that made me realize the simplicity and beauty of being a little girl.
Hanan Alqarni
It's amazing to have the desire of ganging the bad habits that those little women had
Melanie Derba arzilli
It is a lovely book, much longer than I remembered but still a classic.
Juliana
I love Little women, everytime I read I wish I had more sisters!!!
Alejandra
Nov 22, 2009 Alejandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leí este libro cuando tenía 9 años, me lo regaló una de mis tías.
Corinna
Nov 12, 2009 Corinna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
that my 7 year old loved it!!
Stephanie
I read this the first time in 3rd grade, i reread it again in 6th grade, i am now getting ready to read it to my nieces who are in 1st, 2nd, and 4th grade. I still love it and wish I was Jo
Lindsay
Nov 08, 2009 Lindsay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can you not love it.
Terri
One of my Favs!
Charlotte
Dec 05, 2009 Charlotte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mothers with daughters
i really enjoyed this book. it got a little too preachy at times, but overall a good read with lots of life lessons.
Liz
AMAZING AND HEART-WARMING. A VERY GOOD STORY
Karina
Karina is currently reading it
May 11, 2016
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four (Letts Explore Literature Guide)
  • Cliffscomplete Frankenstein
  • 해리포터와 불사조 기사단 [Part 4 of 5]
  • Gulliver's Travels
  • Autobiography
  • Oliver Twist
  • Michael Recycle
  • Hamlet (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 2)
  • Gumbo Ya-Ya: A Collection of Louisiana Folk Tales
  • The Great Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • Meerkat Mail
  • Three Men in a Boat (Oxford Bookworms: Stage 4)
  • Black Beauty (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Lorna Doone
  • Gandhi (The Oxford Bookworms Library, stage #4)
  • Shades of People
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Disaster!
John Escott started by writing children's books and comic scripts, but now writes and adapts books for students of all ages. He especially enjoys writing crime and mystery thrillers, and is a member of the British Crime Writers Association.

With Oxford University Press John has published London for the Oxford Bookworms Factfile series; Agatha Christie, Woman of Mystery, Star Reporter, Girl on a Mot
More about John Escott...