Start by marking “The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets: Easy Techniques for Drawing People, Animals and More” as Want to Read:

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This is the book that can teach anyone to draw (yes, even you!)If you're not getting the kind of true-to-life results you want in your drawings (or if you can't even draw a straight line), Carrie and Rick Parks can help. As award-winning teachers, they have a proven game plan for helping artists of all levels overcome common problems and see immediate improvement in their ...more
Published June 13th 2009 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets

Nicki Markus
I am very keen on drawing but have only ever learnt from my own experience. Just lately, I've been thinking it's about time I worked on improving my technique and so I grabbed this book to start me off.

On the whole, I've been very pleased with my buy as this book offers some great tips that will help beginners and more experienced artists alike. I loved the simple explanations, accompanied by clear pictures illustrating each point.

This book has definitely set a new standard for me to aspire to
Carin
Sep 27, 2014 Carin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: art, 2014
I have been drawing on and off since I was a child and am for the most part self-taught. This year I am focusing on learning to draw realistic portraits with the help of this book.

"The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets" is written by a husband and wife team of forensic artists. It walks you through how to make great realistic graphite drawings from photos- what materials to use to get the best results, how to use your reference photo to make great drawings, how to draw facial features and t
Breeaedwards
as someone who has been self taught this book is full of tips on tools and how tos that have been very useful. I have been reading it with my 8 year old now who wants to learn to draw and after we finished the first chapter said, "wow it's like they read my mind and were taking directly to me!" & is even more determined to stick with drawing!
Angela
Realism isn't really my style. While I'm sure the techniques presented would be good for me to practice and useful in my artwork, I gradually lost interest in the book and now it has been sitting untouched for several months. I can borrow it from the Kindle owners' reading library again in the future if I need to.
R
R marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Zanie
Zanie marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Sanho
Sanho added it
Nov 08, 2014
Tessie
Tessie added it
Oct 08, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Arnold
Arnold marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Doug
Doug added it
Aug 07, 2014
Carolyn Jones
Carolyn Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Krupa
Krupa marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Carrie Stuart Parks is an award-winning fine artist and internationally known forensic artist. Along with her husband, Rick, she travels across the US and Canada teaching courses in forensic art to law enforcement as well as civilian participants. She has won numerous awards for career excellence. Carrie is a popular platform speaker, presenting a variety of topics from crime to creativity.
More about Carrie Stuart Parks...
Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces A Cry from the Dust Secrets to Realistic Drawing Secrets to Drawing Realistic Children A Cry from the Dust (A Gwen Marcey Novel Book 1)