Start by marking “The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets: Easy Techniques for Drawing People, Animals and More” as Want to Read:

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This is the book that can teach anyone to draw (yes, even you!)

If you're not getting the kind of true-to-life results you want in your drawings (or if you can't even draw a straight line), Carrie and Rick Parks can help. As award-winning teachers, they have a proven game plan for helping artists of all levels overcome common problems and see immediate improvement in their
Published June 13th 2009 by Northlight (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets

Nicki Markus
Jan 27, 2013 Nicki Markus rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-non-fiction
I am very keen on drawing but have only ever learnt from my own experience. Just lately, I've been thinking it's about time I worked on improving my technique and so I grabbed this book to start me off.

On the whole, I've been very pleased with my buy as this book offers some great tips that will help beginners and more experienced artists alike. I loved the simple explanations, accompanied by clear pictures illustrating each point.

This book has definitely set a new standard for me to aspire to
Carin
Sep 27, 2014 Carin rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-and-design
I have been drawing on and off since I was a child and am for the most part self-taught. This year I am focusing on learning to draw realistic portraits with the help of this book.

"The Big Book of Realistic Drawing Secrets" is written by a husband and wife team of forensic artists. It walks you through how to make great realistic graphite drawings from photos- what materials to use to get the best results, how to use your reference photo to make great drawings, how to draw facial features and t
Breeaedwards
Mar 05, 2014 Breeaedwards rated it it was amazing
as someone who has been self taught this book is full of tips on tools and how tos that have been very useful. I have been reading it with my 8 year old now who wants to learn to draw and after we finished the first chapter said, "wow it's like they read my mind and were taking directly to me!" & is even more determined to stick with drawing!
Shelly
Jun 22, 2015 Shelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: factual
This book gives me so much information from types of tools to use, different ways to use them and info on how to go about drawing different types of scenes, animals and people. It's one I keep handy to refer to.
Angela
Realism isn't really my style. While I'm sure the techniques presented would be good for me to practice and useful in my artwork, I gradually lost interest in the book and now it has been sitting untouched for several months. I can borrow it from the Kindle owners' reading library again in the future if I need to.
Leonie
Oct 17, 2011 Leonie rated it liked it
See my brief review here: http://uuuinfinity.blogspot.com/2011/...
Ruthanne
Ruthanne rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Christina Schuhbeck
Christina Schuhbeck rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Amani AlAli
Amani AlAli rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2016
Mary
Mary is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2016
مصطفى حمزة
مصطفى حمزة marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Dawn Maurice
Dawn Maurice rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Erez
Erez marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Jenifer
Jenifer rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Amy Altman
Amy Altman rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Michael Loranc
Michael Loranc is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2016
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Aleida Drozdowicz
Aleida Drozdowicz rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Fletcher Thorne-thomsen,
Fletcher Thorne-thomsen, rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Livia Quinn Moran
Livia Quinn Moran rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Dasha
Dasha is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2016
Kenna
Kenna added it
Dec 19, 2015
X
X added it
Dec 06, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Carrie Stuart Parks is an award-winning fine artist and internationally known forensic artist. Along with her husband, Rick, she travels across the US and Canada teaching courses in forensic art to law enforcement as well as civilian participants. She has won numerous awards for career excellence. Carrie is a popular platform speaker, presenting a variety of topics from crime to creativity.
More about Carrie Stuart Parks...