On Our Way Home

On Our Way Home

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  27 reviews
This warm and heartfelt picture book celebrates the love between father and child. Together, Daddy Bear and Baby Bear walk through the forest, racing and resting and gazing at wonderful things on the way: golden leaves falling from the trees, the big yellow sun going down, and beautiful stars twinkling overhead.
When they arrive home, Daddy tucks his sleepy little bear into...more
Published May 5th 2009 by Boxer Books

To ask other readers questions about On Our Way Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Our Way Home

Kathryn
Four stars for the illustrations which, I think, really tell the story. The text is nothing special and seems almost unnecessary. When I stopped focusing on the words and went back through really soaking in the illustrations, the story truly touched me. There is a certain warmth and gentleness, with a touch of humor and whimsy, that match perfectly with this story of a young bear and his father going for a long walk before bedtime. They appreciate nature and one another; it's very loving and snu...more
Mark
A simple and charming picture book about a papa bear escorting his cub home, as night begins to fall. My own son immediately called the characters “daddy” and “Justin,” which personalized the story for him.
Alice
The illustrations are 5 stars! Wonderful, beautiful, I want to hang them on my wall! The words are simple and nice but nothing really special. I still loved reading it just to look at the pictures! I also liked the love between a father and son. Very nicely done!
Bethany Boutin
Great for storytimes about outdoor adventures with Daddy.
Rachel
Love the illustrations.
Kayla
When I look at childrens book that have been chosen for our kids program what I look for is the illustrations. That's what does it for me, the story can be great, even the charismatic character can be amazing, but if the illustrations are mediocre at best it's always a disappointment for me. This book however was no disappointment. The story was cute and the kids seemed to really like it. The illustrations were warm and soft toned, and overall pleasing.
Rachel
This is a great book for dads to read to their sons, or as a Father's Day storytime. A father bear and his cub are walking home together. On the way, they raced, counted falling leaves, and ate berries. They watched the sunset together and then watched the stars come out. I loved the illustrations which were so warm and inviting. Recommended for ages 1-6, 4 stars.
Ariel Cummins
Simple story about a kid and his dad spending a day together.

Very bright and vibrant pastel illustrations are the focus of this story. Each page bursts with color of the forest, the plains, or the mountains and the animals that live there.

Large, sparse text and the appealing illustrations make this an excellent candidate for Toddler Time.
Shawn
This beautifully illustrated, simple tale, celebrates the bond between a Dad and his adoring son. Brilliantly captures the unconditional love and unbridled joy that each finds in the other. Actually made Me a little misty, and I'm not a cryer.
Susie
Daddy Bear and his little one are on their way home. As they share the journey, they reflect on what they are seeing. The text is simple; the illustrations are beautiful. A great book for Toddler Storytime.
Sam Bloom
A simple story about a father bear and his cub, making their way home after a day out. Great pictures, easy text - a very sweet picture book.
Susan
A wonderful choice for Father's Day or any day celebrating Daddy love.
Especially smitten as it reminds me of my youngest and his Dad.
Jessie
This is adorable. It features a daddy bear caring for and spending time with his child which is all too rare in picture books.
Molly
A boy and his dad have fun on their way home. This will be a nice storytime book with large clear print. Ages 2+
Beth Chandler
Nice bear-daddy and child book. Good for Father's Day storytimes. Print is nice and big for reading!
Krista
Sweet story - print is big so it would be a great book for Every Child Read to Read.
Beth
Simple and sweet. Nice large print great for Print Awareness.
Lori
Sweet, comforting story that preschooler's will enjoy.
Alida
The illustrations alone make this book a joy to read.
Lindsay
A nice quiet picture book about adventures with daddy.
Mary
Sweet book with beautiful illustrations.
Zack
Everything a picture book should be.
Kim
Would be good for father's day
Nancy
Nice Fathers day read...
Tina
father and child, bears
Beautiful book about Fathers.
Angelo
Angelo added it
Aug 13, 2014
Ashlee
Ashlee marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
"I’m French and studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University.
I taught applied arts before becoming a freelance illustrator, first of all for editorial clients in Paris.
When I moved to London in 2000 I developed my illustrations for children and since then have been
working exclusively on children’s picture books.

If you’d like more information about my work, please drop me a line.
I’m a mem...more
More about Sebastien Braun...
Back to Bed, Ed Meeow and the Little Chairs Meeow and the Big Box I Love My Daddy Meeow and the Pots and Pans