Start by marking “Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]” as Want to Read:
Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]

Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Do you love to sew—or want to learn how? Then this book will have you in stitches in no time. There’s nothing like the feeling of completing a project using beautiful fabrics and great timesaving tools and then sharing it with your family and friends. Plus, learning to sew will save you money too! Before long, you’ll be stitching your own hems, repairing split seams, sewin ...more
Published 2008 by Wiley-VCH-Verl (first published 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]

If you are a fan of the "dummy" books, then you will like this one. I know very little about sewing so I checked out this book from the library and I have to say I was very overwhelmed. The book is packed with a lot of infomation; almost too much for a beginner to process. If you are a beginner, I would suggest purchasing the book for future reference and only read the basics at first. A DVD would have been lovely as I prefer to watch sewing techniques, than look at hand drawn pictures.
Easy to understand, and plenty in depth when you really want to figure out a technique. Projects are way outdated, though.
This really does start from the basics, which is totally what I need. This is the first 'for dummies' book I have read and I have to say, I'm a fan. It starts with describing all the tools and the basics like pinning a pattern to the fabric and how to cut the material, etc. So for those of you who have been sewing for awhile, you may not appreciate this like I did. It does have some tips and warnings that you may find interesting, but probably not worth purchasing.

I, on the other hand, got this
Really great on basic techniques and terminology. Some of the how-to's for things like lengthening the rise of pants, etc are very helpful. But most of the projects are weird, tacky, 80's crap. I would have preferred less of an emphasis on sewing for home decoration purposes. That said, it's a good reference book while learning to sew.
Sep 24, 2010 Abby rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any one who sews
Recommended to Abby by:
Shelves: sewing
Sewing for Dummies is a typical "For Dummies" book. It has everything for the sew-er; from Beginner to Expert.

It has information on everything from how to repair a button to how to make furniture covers.

Even if you already know a lot about sewing, it's a good reference tool to have on your bookshelf.
Andrea Alumbaugh-henry
Okay, not the best sewing companion.
Some of the pictures are a little unclear at times but this books fits the bill as a good beginners book and a refresher course/reference book for people who are out of practice. I read the relevant parts but I'm sure this will be a valuable tool to me for some time.
great book! i like the dummies books a lot better than the idiot books of their layout and starting from square one. i like that they assume you dont know a thing about the topic!
Good for people who aren't familiar with the fundamentals or for those who need a quick refresher. I'd recommend borrowing not buying it though since it's pretty basic
Tried to read, but I am less than a noob at sewing...and I need to take an actual class. I need to see someone doing all the stuff that is described in this book.
Paperback - I like this book a lot - wish there was a video with it - I guess I need some things demonstrated but good overall sewing book.
I have been reading this on and off for about a month now. I just wish they had pictures in color. But pretty basic, which is what I need.
Nov 02, 2012 Roy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Time for a refresh on high school sewing career didn't take off as much as I would have liked it too. Gettin' out the Elna...
A- Really informative and useful for new sewers; however, I wish some sewing books were written by people under 95 years old.
This is actually a really fantastic book, and pretty much all you need (in addition to supplies) to get started sewing.
Dawn Salyer
Apr 03, 2008 Dawn Salyer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sewing dummies
good technical advice, maybe not as detailed as it could be for a beginner. Wanted more info on alterations.
A great starting point for those about to start sewing or need a refresher
An amazing reference book. I consult it nearly every time I do a project.
i learned lots about sewing from this book!!!
Great way to start to learn the basics of sewing.
Angela Monaco
I am a dummy & this book is quite helpful.
Amanda and tony schmidt
I really need this book
Okay for beginners.
Shantika marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Marina Šimundić
Marina Šimundić is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2015
Premkumari marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Tera is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2015
  • Art for Dummies
  • Drawing for Dummies
  • Screenwriting for Dummies
  • New Complete Guide to Sewing
  • Dare to Be Square Quilting: A Block-By-Block Guide to Making Patchwork and Quilts
  • Nutrition for Dummies
  • Genetics For Dummies
  • Meditation for Dummies
  • Logic For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))
  • U.S. History For Dummies
  • Complete MBA For Dummies
  • Chess For Dummies
Home Staging For Dummies (For Dummies (Home & Garden)) Sewing For Dummies Speed Sewing: 103 Sewing Machine Shortcuts Jan Saunders' Wardrobe Quick-Fixes A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Bernina