Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]

Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Do you love to sew—or want to learn how? Then this book will have you in stitches in no time. There’s nothing like the feeling of completing a project using beautiful fabrics and great timesaving tools and then sharing it with your family and friends. Plus, learning to sew will save you money too! Before long, you’ll be stitching your own hems, repairing split seams, sewin...more
Published 2008 by Wiley-VCH-Verl (first published 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about Nähen Für Dummies[Stich Für Stich Und Schritt Für Schritt]

Alicia
If you are a fan of the "dummy" books, then you will like this one. I know very little about sewing so I checked out this book from the library and I have to say I was very overwhelmed. The book is packed with a lot of infomation; almost too much for a beginner to process. If you are a beginner, I would suggest purchasing the book for future reference and only read the basics at first. A DVD would have been lovely as I prefer to watch sewing techniques, than look at hand drawn pictures.
Beckstarr
Easy to understand, and plenty in depth when you really want to figure out a technique. Projects are way outdated, though.
Sharon
This really does start from the basics, which is totally what I need. This is the first 'for dummies' book I have read and I have to say, I'm a fan. It starts with describing all the tools and the basics like pinning a pattern to the fabric and how to cut the material, etc. So for those of you who have been sewing for awhile, you may not appreciate this like I did. It does have some tips and warnings that you may find interesting, but probably not worth purchasing.

I, on the other hand, got this...more
Anne
A great starting point for those about to start sewing or need a refresher
Holly
Really great on basic techniques and terminology. Some of the how-to's for things like lengthening the rise of pants, etc are very helpful. But most of the projects are weird, tacky, 80's crap. I would have preferred less of an emphasis on sewing for home decoration purposes. That said, it's a good reference book while learning to sew.
Abby
Sep 24, 2010 Abby rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any one who sews
Recommended to Abby by: abbymorel1106@gmail.com
Shelves: sewing
Sewing for Dummies is a typical "For Dummies" book. It has everything for the sew-er; from Beginner to Expert.

It has information on everything from how to repair a button to how to make furniture covers.

Even if you already know a lot about sewing, it's a good reference tool to have on your bookshelf.
Andrea Alumbaugh-henry
Okay, not the best sewing companion.
Tommy
Some of the pictures are a little unclear at times but this books fits the bill as a good beginners book and a refresher course/reference book for people who are out of practice. I read the relevant parts but I'm sure this will be a valuable tool to me for some time.
Amy
great book! i like the dummies books a lot better than the idiot books of their layout and starting from square one. i like that they assume you dont know a thing about the topic!
Cecelia
Good for people who aren't familiar with the fundamentals or for those who need a quick refresher. I'd recommend borrowing not buying it though since it's pretty basic
Marianna
Tried to read, but I am less than a noob at sewing...and I need to take an actual class. I need to see someone doing all the stuff that is described in this book.
Fernanda
Paperback - I like this book a lot - wish there was a video with it - I guess I need some things demonstrated but good overall sewing book.
Nina
I have been reading this on and off for about a month now. I just wish they had pictures in color. But pretty basic, which is what I need.
Roy
Nov 02, 2012 Roy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Time for a refresh on this...my high school sewing career didn't take off as much as I would have liked it too. Gettin' out the Elna...
Cherie
A- Really informative and useful for new sewers; however, I wish some sewing books were written by people under 95 years old.
Emily
This is actually a really fantastic book, and pretty much all you need (in addition to supplies) to get started sewing.
Dawn Salyer
Apr 03, 2008 Dawn Salyer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sewing dummies
good technical advice, maybe not as detailed as it could be for a beginner. Wanted more info on alterations.
Alison
An amazing reference book. I consult it nearly every time I do a project.
Anna
i learned lots about sewing from this book!!!
Kate
Great way to start to learn the basics of sewing.
Angela Monaco
I am a dummy & this book is quite helpful.
Amanda and tony schmidt
I really need this book
Eldra
Okay for beginners.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Veronica Bellman
Veronica Bellman marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Lynnett
Lynnett marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Aaliya INGRAM
Aaliya INGRAM marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
  • Drawing for Dummies
  • Knitting For Dummies
  • Screenwriting for Dummies
  • Nutrition for Dummies
  • Digital SLR Cameras & Photography for Dummies
  • Meditation for Dummies
  • New Complete Guide to Sewing
  • U.S. History For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))
  • Yoga For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
  • Mythology for Dummies
  • Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts: Basic Techniques for Sewing, Applique, Embroidery, Quilting, Dyeing, and Printing, plus 150 Inspired Projects from A to Z
  • Sew Everything Workshop
  • Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics
  • Investing For Dummies
  • Spanish for Dummies
  • The Knitter's Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn
  • Chess For Dummies
  • Writing Fiction for Dummies
Home Staging For Dummies (For Dummies (Home & Garden)) Speed Sewing: 103 Sewing Machine Shortcuts Jan Saunders' Wardrobe Quick-Fixes A Step-By-Step Guide to Your New Home Sewing Machine A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Bernina