Forged (A Hammer Novel)

Forged (Hammer #8)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  638 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Simon is not sure he'll ever find the right sub for him. His last relationship ended badly, but he's determined not to let it rule his life, so he heads for the Hammer, his favorite members only club. A man never knows what will come his way at the Hammer, and at least his friends there know and love him. Big, buff cowboy Jeremy just got a job as a bouncer at the Hammer, a...more
Published December 24th 2008 by Torquere Press (first published 2008)

Daisiemae
Jan 05, 2009 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My friends who love a great M/M erotic romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I love the author
Wow! Can I rate this book higher? Forged: A Hammer Novel, surprised me in more ways than not. It takes an unexpected turn in the middle of it, that tests the physical and emotional connection between the characters. They both come through the situation will a love that is stronger and a bond is formed between them that will not be broken. I won't say what exactly happens because I don't want to spoil it, but do yourself a favor and don't miss out on this one!

When Jeremy takes a job as the new bo...more
Jack
Mar 13, 2009 Jack rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gay Romance with D/s relationship
What a wonderful novel! The passionate relationship between Jeremy and Simon made reading this book addictive. The book had a shocking twist to it from midway on. I love the Hammer series so far, and look forward to reading the next one.
Maggie
I'm becoming a Sean Michael Addict. Holy sh--! I loved this book! Simon and Jeremy were both cool heroes that I absolutely fell in love with. The book surprised the sh-- out of me midway with what happened, but I loved how they worked through it.
Now that's a fantastic couple!
Lily
The second book in the Hammer series features Simon and Jeremy. Simon is a Dom currently without a sub and Jeremy is looking for just the right man to submit to. From their first meeting there is an immediate spark which turns into a raging inferno as soon as things get physical between them.

This is a well written character driven story. Both Simon and Jeremy are a bit different from the typical Dom and sub. Jeremy is a big tall muscular 'he-man' looking guy while Simon is the smaller of the two...more
Natsroshan
Although i didn't liked "Bent" (the first one of the Hammer serie), i wanted to try another one because i really like Sean Michael's style.
And i was right!

With "Forged" i went on a journey: loving, having fun, laughing, loving, sharing, hurting, loving and loving....
A rollercoaster of emotions i shared with the two characters.
It's not all about sex (even if there is a LOT of sex in this story!!).
It is about a real relationship (one of the thing i did not like in "Bent" was that the relationship...more
Sophie
Mar 18, 2009 Sophie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sophie by: Daisie and Jack
Shelves: gay-romance, erotic
What a fantastic love story with the D/s theme. Characters had real problems they had to work through to be together. Can't wait to read the next in series.
Gabbi
Mar 22, 2009 Gabbi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gabbi by: Lindsay, Jack and Daisiemae
I loved the passion and romance between Simon and Jeremy. Who knew 2 people who were so different would find themselves in such a beautiful relationship? I was surprised by the accident that happened, but was so gratified to see Simon whip (no pun intended) Jeremy back to the land of the living.
Wonderful book!
Kaje Harper
This book was 3/4 hot BDSM erotica, and 1/4 a sweet, well-written hurt-comfort story. I liked some of the details of that portion of the story very much, particularly Jeremy's reactions which seemed real and believable and not glossed over or minimized. The D/s was fairly light here, although consistently part of the story, and I really liked both MC's.
Angela
Sep 13, 2009 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: M/M , D/S
Wow! Lots of m/m action, but it was also a very heartfelt love story. It brought tears to my eyes when they were dealing with their "issue".
Sharon
This book was the first full-length all male gay novel I think I have read (or at least that was memorable). I like gay male erotica, but there is usually threesomes or women involved somehow....at least in the books I can get from the library. This was a nice change and I really liked the relationship between the two men. I could have used more emotion from Jeremy since the story seemed to weigh in on Simon's thoughts more heavily. Don't get me wrong: I liked both characters and Simon's thought...more
Charly
A different take on BDSM

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 8/10

PROS:
- I’m used to Michael’s sub characters being rather repressed and shy (not to mention physically smaller than their Doms), and I was disappointed at first when Jeremy came on so strong and confident in his desires. I grew to appreciate it, though: Jeremy is honest and open and unashamed, which makes for a different sort of story from this author. (see cons below also)
- Simon does push...more
Beth
This book had such a huge tonal shift about halfway through that I felt I was suddenly reading a different book. There were some pretty hot scenes here and there, but the tone shift made me take this off the "erotica" shelf. The beginning of the book was so slight (read: I hated it) that the seriousness of the second half felt wrong. Two stars for the hot scenes, but this was not my fave.

p.s. This is more of a personal preference, but I found the constant endearments annoying at the beginning. W...more
Brie
I never really like bitter with my sweet, and this is what the story contains. Jeremy gets hurt and has to overcome his new obstacle with his partner Simon(which he does, and quite wonderfully). The relationship is wonderously steamy and intense and I like the BDSM mix that seems to revolve around the Hammer Novels written by the one and only Sean Micheal. The dialogue,interaction with each other, and the people they meet make this an excellent read (nothing beats Bent yet though)
Dreamer
3.5 stars. This couple are sickeningly perfect for each other. Buff cowboy Jeremy is a bouncer and a trainee blacksmith who finds the perfect Dom in the beautiful Simon. Lots of bondage and bdsm ensues, yadda, yadda.. The book is saved by the occurrence of a tragic event which challenges their relationship.
Marsha Spence
LOVED this one! The major turn in the storyline was so well done. Simon is a great dom and I love his sensitivity. Wanting Jeremy to cuddle with, loving that Jeremy could pick him up. And Jeremy, wow, his handling of the results of the accident was just really well written. I loved it!
Felicia
Out of all the Hammer series by Sean Michael I have to say this one was my favorite so far. It was touching and a little heartbreaking but in the end there was a happy ever after for the main characters. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.
M.A.
I've recently found this author, and I've enjoyed everything he's written. But this one-this one really got to me. This may be my fav of his, so far. *Laugh* I'm still making my way through his huge backlist. :)

~M
Danielle
Of the Hammer stories I've read this one was not my favorite or even close to that. To be honest I found the beginning and most of the middle excruciatingly boring. I almost felt like they were fillers for the ending.

Now, I would have given this 2 stars if I hadn't FINALLY recognized the characters. Apparently, I've read Jeremy and Simon's short stories, but had never gotten to the full length novel. Truth be told I only realized his after (view spoiler)...more
Rebecca
This book is so hard to rate... 3.5 stars?

It feels a little unbalanced (ha). The first 2/3s are basically just sex scenes (albeit EXTREMELY HOT sex scenes), then something major happens about 60% in and the rest of the book shifts dramatically.

Granted, it's a good final third, the ending just feels a little rough and I think it may have worked better if the pacing were adjusted.

The book is also terribly formatted on kindle and was obviously not proofread...

However, even with these issues, the se...more
Tamela
I've read a few shorts starring Jeremy and Simon, so I was really happy to be able to find out how they met and what had happened. This was a great story. Jeremy is such a warm, straight forward person, it's sometimes hard to realize that he is a submissive. But he suits Simon to a T. Or should it be "tie" :)

Jeremy is such a loving person, and happily, Simon is able to reach him following his accident and make him realize that though Jeremy has been injured, it in no way changes how Simon feels...more
Sam
This is one of my favourite books of all time. I loved every moment reading it.

Jeremy and Simon meet at the Hammer and are instantly attracted to each other. Simon, the Dom, especially realises very quickly that Jeremy is the one for him, and their relationship works beautifully from the start.

When a terrible accident changes their lives they rely on friends from the club and learn to cope with the change.

Their love is special and they cherish that.

It's wonderful and I love happily recommend...more
Julia ♥Duncan♥
This was really not my type of book. Way way too much sex. The first 65% was nothing but sex. No plot or conflict whatsoever. I would have given up on it, except I absolutely hate not finishing things. The last 35% was better, but not enough to make me actually enjoy the book. Also I had a really hard time telling which character's head we were in or who was speaking. There were lots of sentences missing words or with extra words. And the constant one word sentences drove me crazy.
Katy Beth Mckee
This story was a combination of a sweet love story of two men realizing how much the cared for each other and how one met the needs of the other and a story with a very dramatic turn of events that meant that the relationship was challenged and the hard work that went into saving the relationship and each other.
Melanie~~
Pretty solid story. I enjoyed it a lot. Loved Jeremy and Simon. So amazed at the support that Simon provided Jeremy.

The only thing that brought it down from a 5 star is Jeremy's dialogue. Something about it just struck me a bit off. Otherwise a really great story and one I'll definitely re-read.
Kia Shiru
Amazing story! I love Michael's strong bottoms, both this one and the one from the Velvet glove series, they truly are something else.
Were a couple of errors in the story, words and stuff like that, but nothing to take away from the pleasure of reading.
Carolyn88
Reading a Sean Michael book feels like old home week. I love all of his characters and everything they do in their book. There is always such strong love between the Master/sub. It is amazing to read about such strong relationships.
Logan
Again, the potential was there but never fully realized. The first half dragged on and on. Then once the content started to get engaging, the writer rushed through it. Could have been better but certainly not terrible.
Timeforme
This book is one of my favorites of the Hammer series. So impressed with the handling of Jeremy losing his legs and the aftermath with Simon's support.
Phoenix Hell
  • Beyond the Norm
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Domination (Deviations, #2)
  • Call Me Sir (Sir, #1)
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Alternative Treatment
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Letting In the Light
  • Cherry On Top
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours...more
More about Sean Michael...
Bent (Hammer, #1) Daddy, Daddy and Me Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1) Found (Hammer, #3) Secrets, Skin and Leather (Secret, #1)