Start by marking “Forged (A Hammer Novel)” as Want to Read:
Forged (A Hammer Novel)

Forged (Hammer #8)

Simon is not sure he'll ever find the right sub for him. His last relationship ended badly, but he's determined not to let it rule his life, so he heads for the Hammer, his favorite members only club. A man never knows what will come his way at the Hammer, and at least his friends there know and love him. Big, buff cowboy Jeremy just got a job as a bouncer at the Hammer, a ...more
Published December 24th 2008 by Torquere Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Forged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forged

Daisiemae
Jan 05, 2009 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My friends who love a great M/M erotic romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I love the author
Wow! Can I rate this book higher? Forged: A Hammer Novel, surprised me in more ways than not. It takes an unexpected turn in the middle of it, that tests the physical and emotional connection between the characters. They both come through the situation will a love that is stronger and a bond is formed between them that will not be broken. I won't say what exactly happens because I don't want to spoil it, but do yourself a favor and don't miss out on this one!

When Jeremy takes a job as the new bo
Jack
Mar 11, 2009 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gay Romance with D/s relationship
What a wonderful novel! The passionate relationship between Jeremy and Simon made reading this book addictive. The book had a shocking twist to it from midway on. I love the Hammer series so far, and look forward to reading the next one.
Maggie
I'm becoming a Sean Michael Addict. Holy sh--! I loved this book! Simon and Jeremy were both cool heroes that I absolutely fell in love with. The book surprised the sh-- out of me midway with what happened, but I loved how they worked through it.
Now that's a fantastic couple!
Lily
The second book in the Hammer series features Simon and Jeremy. Simon is a Dom currently without a sub and Jeremy is looking for just the right man to submit to. From their first meeting there is an immediate spark which turns into a raging inferno as soon as things get physical between them.

This is a well written character driven story. Both Simon and Jeremy are a bit different from the typical Dom and sub. Jeremy is a big tall muscular 'he-man' looking guy while Simon is the smaller of the two
Natsroshan
Although i didn't liked "Bent" (the first one of the Hammer serie), i wanted to try another one because i really like Sean Michael's style.
And i was right!

With "Forged" i went on a journey: loving, having fun, laughing, loving, sharing, hurting, loving and loving....
A rollercoaster of emotions i shared with the two characters.
It's not all about sex (even if there is a LOT of sex in this story!!).
It is about a real relationship (one of the thing i did not like in "Bent" was that the relationship
Sophie
Mar 07, 2009 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sophie by: Daisie and Jack
Shelves: gay-romance, erotic
What a fantastic love story with the D/s theme. Characters had real problems they had to work through to be together. Can't wait to read the next in series.
Gabbi
Jan 06, 2009 Gabbi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gabbi by: Lindsay, Jack and Daisiemae
I loved the passion and romance between Simon and Jeremy. Who knew 2 people who were so different would find themselves in such a beautiful relationship? I was surprised by the accident that happened, but was so gratified to see Simon whip (no pun intended) Jeremy back to the land of the living.
Wonderful book!
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆
This was a surprisingly deep SM read. Lots of the sexin' you expect in a SM book, in fact, I was starting to skim and then bam! A major event happens to test Simon and Jeremy's burgeoning relationship and determines whether they're going to survive as a couple or not.

Jeremy has just begun working at the Hammer and he's looking for a strong man to push his boundaries. Simon goes to the club one Friday night and he's looking for the kind of sub he just hasn't found in the past. They click. T
Kaje Harper
Jul 22, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was 3/4 hot BDSM erotica, and 1/4 a sweet, well-written hurt-comfort story. I liked some of the details of that portion of the story very much, particularly Jeremy's reactions which seemed real and believable and not glossed over or minimized. The D/s was fairly light here, although consistently part of the story, and I really liked both MC's.
Angela
Mar 14, 2009 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: M/M , D/S
Wow! Lots of m/m action, but it was also a very heartfelt love story. It brought tears to my eyes when they were dealing with their "issue".
Charly
Oct 15, 2012 Charly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A different take on BDSM

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 8/10

PROS:
- I’m used to Michael’s sub characters being rather repressed and shy (not to mention physically smaller than their Doms), and I was disappointed at first when Jeremy came on so strong and confident in his desires. I grew to appreciate it, though: Jeremy is honest and open and unashamed, which makes for a different sort of story from this author. (see cons below also)
- Simon does push
Sharon
Jul 27, 2009 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
This book was the first full-length all male gay novel I think I have read (or at least that was memorable). I like gay male erotica, but there is usually threesomes or women involved somehow....at least in the books I can get from the library. This was a nice change and I really liked the relationship between the two men. I could have used more emotion from Jeremy since the story seemed to weigh in on Simon's thoughts more heavily. Don't get me wrong: I liked both characters and Simon's thought ...more
Beth
This book had such a huge tonal shift about halfway through that I felt I was suddenly reading a different book. There were some pretty hot scenes here and there, but the tone shift made me take this off the "erotica" shelf. The beginning of the book was so slight (read: I hated it) that the seriousness of the second half felt wrong. Two stars for the hot scenes, but this was not my fave.

p.s. This is more of a personal preference, but I found the constant endearments annoying at the beginning. W
Brie
Feb 19, 2010 Brie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I never really like bitter with my sweet, and this is what the story contains. Jeremy gets hurt and has to overcome his new obstacle with his partner Simon(which he does, and quite wonderfully). The relationship is wonderously steamy and intense and I like the BDSM mix that seems to revolve around the Hammer Novels written by the one and only Sean Micheal. The dialogue,interaction with each other, and the people they meet make this an excellent read (nothing beats Bent yet though)
Dreamer
3.5 stars. This couple are sickeningly perfect for each other. Buff cowboy Jeremy is a bouncer and a trainee blacksmith who finds the perfect Dom in the beautiful Simon. Lots of bondage and bdsm ensues, yadda, yadda.. The book is saved by the occurrence of a tragic event which challenges their relationship.
M.A.
Oct 09, 2012 M.A. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've recently found this author, and I've enjoyed everything he's written. But this one-this one really got to me. This may be my fav of his, so far. *Laugh* I'm still making my way through his huge backlist. :)

~M
Marsha Spence
May 04, 2011 Marsha Spence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm-dd, contemporary
LOVED this one! The major turn in the storyline was so well done. Simon is a great dom and I love his sensitivity. Wanting Jeremy to cuddle with, loving that Jeremy could pick him up. And Jeremy, wow, his handling of the results of the accident was just really well written. I loved it!
Felicia
Oct 24, 2011 Felicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-i-have
Out of all the Hammer series by Sean Michael I have to say this one was my favorite so far. It was touching and a little heartbreaking but in the end there was a happy ever after for the main characters. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.
Small Creek
Dec 29, 2012 Small Creek rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
nopenopenope
Sarah_loves_books
A lovely story that shows what real love means.
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
I'm having a hard time deciding how to review this one. Because I seriously skipped over about 25% of the book to where everyone that reviewed it was saying it started to get really good. The last 30% of the book was great. The first part wasn't at all. I didn't really like Jeremy and Simons relationship. It was weird for a D/s book. It was like Jeremy was the dom everywhere but scenes. Then Simon would take over. It just was strange. I also hated how from practically the beginning Jeremy called ...more
Danielle
Nov 15, 2013 Danielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, masters, 2014
Of the Hammer stories I've read this one was not my favorite or even close to that. To be honest I found the beginning and most of the middle excruciatingly boring. I almost felt like they were fillers for the ending.

Now, I would have given this 2 stars if I hadn't FINALLY recognized the characters. Apparently, I've read Jeremy and Simon's short stories, but had never gotten to the full length novel. Truth be told I only realized his after (view spoiler)
Rebecca
This book is so hard to rate... 3.5 stars?

It feels a little unbalanced (ha). The first 2/3s are basically just sex scenes (albeit EXTREMELY HOT sex scenes), then something major happens about 60% in and the rest of the book shifts dramatically.

Granted, it's a good final third, the ending just feels a little rough and I think it may have worked better if the pacing were adjusted.

The book is also terribly formatted on kindle and was obviously not proofread...

However, even with these issues, the se
Tamela
I've read a few shorts starring Jeremy and Simon, so I was really happy to be able to find out how they met and what had happened. This was a great story. Jeremy is such a warm, straight forward person, it's sometimes hard to realize that he is a submissive. But he suits Simon to a T. Or should it be "tie" :)

Jeremy is such a loving person, and happily, Simon is able to reach him following his accident and make him realize that though Jeremy has been injured, it in no way changes how Simon feels
My Dichotomy Life
This is one of my favourite books of all time. I loved every moment reading it.

Jeremy and Simon meet at the Hammer and are instantly attracted to each other. Simon, the Dom, especially realises very quickly that Jeremy is the one for him, and their relationship works beautifully from the start.

When a terrible accident changes their lives they rely on friends from the club and learn to cope with the change.

Their love is special and they cherish that.

It's wonderful and I love happily recommend
Julia ♥Duncan♥
This was really not my type of book. Way way too much sex. The first 65% was nothing but sex. No plot or conflict whatsoever. I would have given up on it, except I absolutely hate not finishing things. The last 35% was better, but not enough to make me actually enjoy the book. Also I had a really hard time telling which character's head we were in or who was speaking. There were lots of sentences missing words or with extra words. And the constant one word sentences drove me crazy.
Kristina
This has been one of my favorites in the series. I really liked the growth of the relationship between the two characters. The kinkiness was all there but the icing on the cake was how the author dealt with this newly formed couple and the sudden onset of a disability for one of them. Sean Michael did a great job of disproving the thought that bdsm and disabilities can't work together in a relationship.
Katy Beth Mckee
Nov 24, 2011 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-books, bdsm, m-m, drama
This story was a combination of a sweet love story of two men realizing how much the cared for each other and how one met the needs of the other and a story with a very dramatic turn of events that meant that the relationship was challenged and the hard work that went into saving the relationship and each other.
Melanie~~
Mar 04, 2011 Melanie~~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: format-pdf
Pretty solid story. I enjoyed it a lot. Loved Jeremy and Simon. So amazed at the support that Simon provided Jeremy.

The only thing that brought it down from a 5 star is Jeremy's dialogue. Something about it just struck me a bit off. Otherwise a really great story and one I'll definitely re-read.
Carolyn88
Reading a Sean Michael book feels like old home week. I love all of his characters and everything they do in their book. There is always such strong love between the Master/sub. It is amazing to read about such strong relationships.
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Beyond the Norm
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • Bound to Him
  • And a Smile - Season One (Roughstock, #2)
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Left of Centre
  • Precious Ache
  • Letting In the Light
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Alternative Treatment
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...

Hammer (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Bent (Hammer, #1)