Missin' (Novel) (Box Set)

Missin' (Novel) (Box Set)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  6 reviews
L to R (Western Style). How far can you go to get what you want before you lose your mind?Enter best-selling author Novala Takemoto's world, where music and the lost art of maidenly virtues walk hand-in-hand with madness. His characters stress, obsess, and sometimes get what they want...but often the life they thought they wanted is not always what they expected!
Published August 18th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Missin' (Novel), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missin' (Novel)

Rafaela
Caroline
The Lost Lola
Aug 04, 2010 The Lost Lola rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Kamikaze Girls
Let me start by saying that I absolutely love Novala Takemoto as an author. I thought Kamikaze Girls was an amazing novel, and I had really high hopes for this collection, which is his only other work to be published here in the US. Now, Missin' 1 was awesome. I thought he did an exceptional job of blurring the line between love and obsession, particularly in the disturbing story about the Shop at the End of the World. The titular story also blew me away, especially the ending, and I really felt...more
Gabriel Strange

PUNK ROCK? ROMANCE? JAPAN? Ha, critics eat your heart out. This collection speaks in volumes to me.

Heartwarming stories filled with melancholy or should that be reversed? Melancholy filled stories with heartwarming moments.

Yes this could be labelled as the "pop-culture" of reading and some would dismiss it as not being truly "literary" akin to Banana Yoshimoto. At least I enjoyed this compared to her works. It all boils down to finding the right demographic in the end.

An in-depth review?...more
Sofía Aliciel
The stories have a few interesting aspects, but his style of writing is hard to follow and a bit strange.
Eric
Two books, one ISBN. No review this time since I edited one of the stories.
Ozgun Sonmez
Ozgun Sonmez marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Thea
Thea marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Trini Vo
Trini Vo marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Vivi
Vivi added it
May 31, 2014
Galina Donevska
Galina Donevska marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Krystle
Krystle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Souhă Taouili
Souhă Taouili marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
t.
t. marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Rebeca
Rebeca marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Mac Onie
Mac Onie marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Nyuel
Nyuel added it
Feb 05, 2014
Gabbe Carmody
Gabbe Carmody marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kamikaze Girls Kamikaze Girls (Manga) Emily

“Most people are full of themselves and speak only the obnoxiously superficial, in other words they're annoying as hell” 78 likes
“Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity” 72 likes