Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen, #3)

Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  724 ratings  ·  24 reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). Asuka takes Ryo to an amusement park where he plans to confess his feelings to her. Too bad all the rides Ryo wants to go on frighten Asuka! Can he overcome his fear for the sake of love?
Published August 4th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 19th 2007)

Sesana
I'm still enjoying Otomen. It's so fluffy and silly, but I can't help myself. I think it's because I like Asuka so much. When Ryo is actually allowed to do something, she can be pretty interesting, but the manga is so much more about Asuka that she's really on the outskirts.
Jo
Oh Otomen, I know you're not technically *good* but you're such bad candy. My fondness for you will keep me buying even though I know it's just 45 reading minutes of pure fluff and silliness. Bless your perfectly starched and frilly apron strings.
Marsha
Asuka is thrown into a children’s nursery where once again he gets to show his nurturing nature along with his tough-guy machismo. He also goes to an amusement park, urged on by the ever-present Juta, in order to spur his lagging romance with Ryo. As usual, nothing goes quite as planned.

However, this volume shifts attention in the middle from Asuka’s nowhere relationship with Ryo to the supposed fifth wheel in their triumvirate: the sassy, flirtatious Juta. There is an air of mystery about Juta...more
Charlotte
*Spoilers*

I find Otomen to be a heartwarming read. We're introduced to Hajime Tonomine, Asuka's kendo rival, who in fact happens to be more similar to him than what he appears! Tonomine and Asuka dress as samurai (who look kinda like power rangers) to entertain the kids at a beauty event and then they help transform a girl in a makeover because Nikko sensei is running late. Asuka alters the outfit to look more interesting and Hajime is like a stylist doing her hair and makeup. It was hilarious w...more
Georgina Howlett
I loved this volume. Everything was just so perfect and a really like the character development going on - we're really starting to learn stuff now about the three main characters. I loved all of the new people we're meeting, too; there have been some truly interesting introductions. I liked Asuka's kendo rival, especially - though he claimed that Asuka was his enemy, the two of them actually have quite a lot in common and it's great to see.

The only part which confused me in the volume was the p...more
Susan
I still can't figure out why Asuka is so head over heels for Ryo. Obviously there's supposed to be something there, because a whole nation is swooning over the manga based on their "romance", but I just don't see the connection. I think you could replace Ryo with almost any other girl and the story would stay the same. They don't know much about each other; Ryo doesn't seem to be too interested in learning more and Asuka is too reserved or shy or whatever to even ask her out without a lot of pro...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This one was really good. The art is very well drawn and the food Asuka makes looks so good. I kept thinking, ask her out, confess your feelings. Reminds me of Kimi ni Todoke a little bit. Shyness part anyway. Still liking the series so far. What will happen next?
Amber Binion
I liked it. Volume 3 is the first volume that I've read (I need to check out 1 and 2).

I must say though, that the manga artist really needs to work on her expressions. It's like reading a festival of dead faces and barely visible emotions. The story and concept itself seems interesting, just the characters facial expressions seem severely deadpan. Asuka is adorable!
scarlettraces
i have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Otomen. i really like some bits and find other bits more than ordinarily irritating. (on consultation with people who unreservedly like it, turns out i tend to like the bits they aren't so keen on. so i'm clearly missing something.) about half of this volume was pretty good, which is a better ratio than some manga i've read.
Coleen (bookismahmiddlename)
*5/5 starts!* ((Again. XD))
I just love this manga so much!'i love the characters, the story, EVERYTHING! :D
It was kinda predictable at some parts, but I think I don't have the strength to give this a lower rating. It's soo good. T.T
Rebecca Ann
:), love this series. It is repetitive, but never fails to make me laugh. I like how all the traits I find most impressive in men are the ones this character is ashamed of (cooking, creativity, childcare...).
Mariah
Asuka would be a wonderful mother. It's a treat to see him watching all those kids and displaying his talents. tonomine, cosmetics extraordinaire with a grudge against Asuka considering him his enemy.
Lydia Smedry
Oh. My. Gosh. Did anyone else get what they were wearing at the end?!?!?! Probably not... It was a historical Japanese groups of swordsmen's uniform!!! AAIIEEE~! Shinsengumi made it in!
Kereesa
Dec 24, 2013 Kereesa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of OHC and this series
Recommended to Kereesa by: Isabel
Still loving the art, loved the dynamite and daycare plots. Not a big fan of the rival plot, mostly because he ended up being quite similar to another character.

Seriously?

4/5
ArdnAskelA
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Qu'est-ce qu'il est mignon Asuka entouré de tous ces petits gamins! *ç*
Haha, et Juta qui sèche pour son manga à cause du couple qui n'est pas tout à fait XD
Cindy
I think that this book is about a touching feeling about his childhood live that made him into a girl.
Andrew
More role reversal silliness that includes a school girl crush that almost ends up in matrimony.
Meleofa
So cute and sweet.
Dorcas
SPOILER
Make-over Samurais! What!?!
Awesomeness
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca bulan Januari 2009.
Becky
I freaking love this series...it's too darn cute!
Ashley
Read Oct 4, 2012
Read Feb 16, 2014
Shawna
Juto is especially cute in this one.
Sarah Evans
This series is slowly growing on me.
Izmy
endingnyaaa @.@
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 4
  • High School Debut, Vol. 06 (High School Debut, #6)
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 7
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 10
  • キャットストリート Vol. 2 [Kyatto Sutorīto] (Cat Street, #2)
  • Butterflies, Flowers (Butterflies, Flowers, #2)
  • Basara, Vol. 2
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 3
Aya Kanno (菅野 文; Kanno Aya) is a Japanese shōjo manga artist. She is the former assistant of mangaka Masashi Asaki of Psychometrer Eiji fame. Her debut was in the January 2001 issue of Hana to Yume with Soul Rescue. Thus far, her work has only been serialized in Hakusensha's shōjo manga anthologies: Hana to Yume, The Hana to Yume, Hana to Yume Plus, and now primarily in Bessatsu Hana to Yume, in w...more
More about Aya Kanno...
Otomen, Vol. 1 (Otomen, #1) Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2) Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4) Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5) Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)