Start by marking “Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen, #3)

Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,165 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). Asuka takes Ryo to an amusement park where he plans to confess his feelings to her. Too bad all the rides Ryo wants to go on frighten Asuka! Can he overcome his fear for the sake of love?
Published August 4th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 19th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Otomen, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otomen, Vol. 3

Sesana
Apr 17, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I'm still enjoying Otomen. It's so fluffy and silly, but I can't help myself. I think it's because I like Asuka so much. When Ryo is actually allowed to do something, she can be pretty interesting, but the manga is so much more about Asuka that she's really on the outskirts.
Rachel A.
So this is the third book of the series Otomen by Aya Kanno. I enjoyed reading it more than the other ones, mainly because of the characters in this story. There are spoilers in this review so please at least have read the first book before reading this or if you aren't planning on reading the series.

So as a quick overview: Asuka is a cool, stoic guy who is hiding something. He, in fact is an Otomen! This means that he is a very girl guy, who loves knitting and sewing and baking and cooking! How
Sophia F
Jul 05, 2015 Sophia F rated it it was amazing
Minor spoilers...
Strangely enough, I really want to read "Love Chick," just because of seeing these tiny sections of the storyline.
Asuka helps Ryo with daycare and learns he doesn't need to be the cliche father figure. Then he finally gets the courage to ask Ryo out, (but that still doesn't seem to have changed anything), and makes a truce with another effeminate kendo captain, and finally we follow the beloved Juta in his mysterious ways.
I have to admit, Juta Tachibana is my favorite character
Jo
Oct 17, 2009 Jo rated it liked it
Oh Otomen, I know you're not technically *good* but you're such bad candy. My fondness for you will keep me buying even though I know it's just 45 reading minutes of pure fluff and silliness. Bless your perfectly starched and frilly apron strings.
Alex
Jul 10, 2015 Alex rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Some more secrets have come out and revealing their true colours! Not much progress on the romantic front which is good. I can see all the TV series' actors as I read which is also fun,
Marsha
Aug 08, 2012 Marsha rated it it was ok
Asuka is thrown into a children’s nursery where once again he gets to show his nurturing nature along with his tough-guy machismo. He also goes to an amusement park, urged on by the ever-present Juta, in order to spur his lagging romance with Ryo. As usual, nothing goes quite as planned.

However, this volume shifts attention in the middle from Asuka’s nowhere relationship with Ryo to the supposed fifth wheel in their triumvirate: the sassy, flirtatious Juta. There is an air of mystery about Juta
Charlotte
Oct 03, 2013 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
*Spoilers*

I find Otomen to be a heartwarming read. We're introduced to Hajime Tonomine, Asuka's kendo rival, who in fact happens to be more similar to him than what he appears! Tonomine and Asuka dress as samurai (who look kinda like power rangers) to entertain the kids at a beauty event and then they help transform a girl in a makeover because Nikko sensei is running late. Asuka alters the outfit to look more interesting and Hajime is like a stylist doing her hair and makeup. It was hilarious w
Georgina Howlett
Jun 26, 2013 Georgina Howlett rated it it was amazing
I loved this volume. Everything was just so perfect and a really like the character development going on - we're really starting to learn stuff now about the three main characters. I loved all of the new people we're meeting, too; there have been some truly interesting introductions. I liked Asuka's kendo rival, especially - though he claimed that Asuka was his enemy, the two of them actually have quite a lot in common and it's great to see.

The only part which confused me in the volume was the p
Susan
Nov 09, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
I still can't figure out why Asuka is so head over heels for Ryo. Obviously there's supposed to be something there, because a whole nation is swooning over the manga based on their "romance", but I just don't see the connection. I think you could replace Ryo with almost any other girl and the story would stay the same. They don't know much about each other; Ryo doesn't seem to be too interested in learning more and Asuka is too reserved or shy or whatever to even ask her out without a lot of pro ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This one was really good. The art is very well drawn and the food Asuka makes looks so good. I kept thinking, ask her out, confess your feelings. Reminds me of Kimi ni Todoke a little bit. Shyness part anyway. Still liking the series so far. What will happen next?
Jessica
Apr 25, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
I feel like with this volume I'm finally hooked with this series. I just love all the stories in this volume especially.
Alyssa
Apr 29, 2016 Alyssa rated it really liked it
super funny! love that they made a story for juta and an introduction of a new character! ryo and asuka though
Kristen
Jan 02, 2015 Kristen rated it liked it
I liked this one more than the 2nd volume, but I'm still not totally sure what I think about it as a series.
Rebecca Sneade
Aug 17, 2015 Rebecca Sneade rated it really liked it
So good!! Im loving this series
Amber Binion
I liked it. Volume 3 is the first volume that I've read (I need to check out 1 and 2).

I must say though, that the manga artist really needs to work on her expressions. It's like reading a festival of dead faces and barely visible emotions. The story and concept itself seems interesting, just the characters facial expressions seem severely deadpan. Asuka is adorable!
scarlettraces
Apr 27, 2010 scarlettraces rated it liked it
Shelves: loaners, manga-manhwa
i have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Otomen. i really like some bits and find other bits more than ordinarily irritating. (on consultation with people who unreservedly like it, turns out i tend to like the bits they aren't so keen on. so i'm clearly missing something.) about half of this volume was pretty good, which is a better ratio than some manga i've read.
Coleen (bookismahmiddlename)
Sep 11, 2012 Coleen (bookismahmiddlename) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
*5/5 starts!* ((Again. XD))
I just love this manga so much!'i love the characters, the story, EVERYTHING! :D
It was kinda predictable at some parts, but I think I don't have the strength to give this a lower rating. It's soo good. T.T
Rebecca Ann
Feb 16, 2013 Rebecca Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
:), love this series. It is repetitive, but never fails to make me laugh. I like how all the traits I find most impressive in men are the ones this character is ashamed of (cooking, creativity, childcare...).
Mariah
Aug 19, 2015 Mariah rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Asuka would be a wonderful mother. It's a treat to see him watching all those kids and displaying his talents. tonomine, cosmetics extraordinaire with a grudge against Asuka considering him his enemy.
Michael (Mai)
Jan 19, 2016 Michael (Mai) rated it really liked it
This series is just so cute. I love Asuka and Ryo. We finally see a development in their relationship. This may be my favorite volume so far. I'm also digging the new character and effeminate rival.
Lydia Smedry
Oct 09, 2011 Lydia Smedry rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Gosh. Did anyone else get what they were wearing at the end?!?!?! Probably not... It was a historical Japanese groups of swordsmen's uniform!!! AAIIEEE~! Shinsengumi made it in!
Kereesa
Dec 24, 2013 Kereesa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of OHC and this series
Recommended to Kereesa by: Isabel
Still loving the art, loved the dynamite and daycare plots. Not a big fan of the rival plot, mostly because he ended up being quite similar to another character.

Seriously?

4/5
ArdnAskelA
Sep 13, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, bibli-paris
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Qu'est-ce qu'il est mignon Asuka entouré de tous ces petits gamins! *ç*
Haha, et Juta qui sèche pour son manga à cause du couple qui n'est pas tout à fait XD
Cindy
Nov 11, 2010 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is about a touching feeling about his childhood live that made him into a girl.
Andrew
Sep 21, 2011 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
More role reversal silliness that includes a school girl crush that almost ends up in matrimony.
Meleofa
Make-over Samurais! What!?!
Awesomeness
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca bulan Januari 2009.
Becky
Jan 11, 2010 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-manga
I freaking love this series...it's too darn cute!
rabbit-heart
Apr 01, 2014 rabbit-heart rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, 2014
Read Oct 4, 2012
Read Feb 16, 2014
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 5
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 5
  • High School Debut, Vol. 06 (High School Debut, #6)
  • Cat Street, Vol. 3 (Cat Street #3)
  • Happy Café, Volume 14
  • Basara, Vol. 2
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 10
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 2 (Butterflies, Flowers, #2)
Aya Kanno (菅野 文; Kanno Aya) is a Japanese shōjo manga artist. She is the former assistant of mangaka Masashi Asaki of Psychometrer Eiji fame. Her debut was in the January 2001 issue of Hana to Yume with Soul Rescue. Thus far, her work has only been serialized in Hakusensha's shōjo manga anthologies: Hana to Yume, The Hana to Yume, Hana to Yume Plus, and now primarily in Bessatsu Hana to Yume, in w ...more
More about Aya Kanno...

Otomen (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Otomen, Vol. 1 (Otomen, #1)
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Otomen, Vol. 4 (Otomen, #4)
  • Otomen, Vol. 5 (Otomen, #5)
  • Otomen, Vol. 6 (Otomen, #6)
  • Otomen, Vol. 7 (Otomen, #7)
  • Otomen, Vol. 8 (Otomen, #8)
  • Otomen, Vol. 9 (Otomen, #9)
  • Otomen, Vol. 10 (Otomen, #10)
  • Otomen, Vol. 11 (Otomen, #11)