Start by marking “Beneath Bone Lake” as Want to Read:
Beneath Bone Lake

Beneath Bone Lake

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  407 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A child is missing, a body is found in Bone Lake, and a mother’s frantic search uncovers small-town corruption, dirty secrets and her own hidden desires.
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published May 26th 2009 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Beneath Bone Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath Bone Lake

Jan 26, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I honestly, am still speechless. I am not sure how to review this one.

5 Stars

It starts when we meet Ruby, who is coming home from Iraq. She was suppose to be greeted at the airport by her daughter and sister but things don't go as planned. Her bag gets stolen and her family never comes to greet her. She has to get a rental car to get herself home. When she arrives, a scene unfolds in front of her that she can't believe.

I don't want to give to much away so I will tell you about Sam McCoy. Sam
♣Tessa♣
Dec 31, 2014 ♣Tessa♣ rated it really liked it
Wow. Finished this in one day, it was so engrossing. Start to finish action that had very few (if any) slow parts. The romance (while I'm fine not having any) didn't distract from the story and was well handled considering this was definitely more of a mystery and suspense story then harlequin romance. I liked that the plot got more complex as you went along, as opposed to just being about who took the MC's family, it became more of who took them, why, how were these others involved, what else w ...more
Katy M
Jun 01, 2014 Katy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FABULOUS!!!!!!!

I don't put spoilers in my reviews. I just finished this book, couldn't put it down for long (have to eat, etc.) and read it in one day.
If you like Nora Roberts, you'll like Colleen Thompson. Superb storytelling, effectively weaving several strands into a rich tapestry of family, betrayals, intrigue, suspense, love of all kinds, never letting up or letting the reader go until the final, fabulous end. Sigh!
This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm buying every one I c
Cassandra Curtis
Apr 04, 2013 Cassandra Curtis rated it it was amazing
I read this book a couple of years ago when I was in the hospital and loved it, and not just because it helped me keep the pain at bay, so here's why: You have a strong heroine in the character of Ruby, a woman who worked in one of roughest urban battlegrounds in the world, and all she wants is to return to her beloved home in Texas and hold her 4 yr old baby daughter in her arms. It pulls at all those mother instincts we have. But when she finally sets foot on native soil, neither her sister Mi ...more
Ali
Oct 07, 2009 Ali rated it liked it
Beneath Bone Lake by Colleen Thompson starts out with a mystery as Ruby Monroe returns to her Texas hometown after a year spent in Iraq, working as a bus driver. She impatiently waits at the airport for the arrival of her sister, Misty, and four-year-old daughter, Zoe, holding with her a secret she's itching to get rid of. Only someone else seems to have gotten a hold of not only her secret, but her family, as well.

Arriving at her house with dangerous and drugged strangers in residence, Ruby cal
DE ANN ALLEN
Feb 13, 2016 DE ANN ALLEN rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thompson writes intriguing mysteries that keeps the reader wanting

Thompson is an excellent author that packs punch of surprise until the last.word is read. She keeps the reader wanting more. Great read.
Stacy
Dec 15, 2014 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't aware of the romance genre

Could have told the story with less details. Extra side plots were thrown in that didn't add to the story but seemed like excess unneeded info
Roulinda Kennedy
Nov 23, 2014 Roulinda Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

A combination of action, intrigue, suspense and romance. Good plot, somewhat drawn-out but author kept it interesting and unpredictable to the end.
Mary E O'Brien
Jan 09, 2016 Mary E O'Brien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Held my attention

I give this book a four star rating. It had drama, intrigue, love and shock ...I like to see the good guys win as well.
Lori Nardone
Apr 06, 2015 Lori Nardone rated it really liked it
Lots of suspense & action. Fast read and good storyline. I really enjoyed this book.
Holly Ables
Ok

The book is a bit predictable, but made for a decent who done it while sick in bed. Two stars.
Lindsey Ruppe
Jan 23, 2016 Lindsey Ruppe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stay up late finishing thriller!
Kim
Jun 25, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
It was a good book
Michelle
Jan 07, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Suspenseful story with plenty of action and a good twist at the end.
Liz Talley
Jul 03, 2013 Liz Talley rated it really liked it
Hard to put down. Very identifiable heroine and a hero you rooted for. Although the perpetrator came out of left field and didn't seem to have the creepy motive I thought he should - the glimpses into his character screams serial killer /sicko- I thought the read worthwhile.
Mary Gediman
Jun 24, 2013 Mary Gediman rated it really liked it
Good book. The suspense lasted throughout the book and kept my interest. I would recommend this book to any mystery or thriller lover.
Derry
Oct 10, 2013 Derry rated it really liked it
I couldn't put it down. Gripping right up to the end. Was surprised with the "who did it" ending. I recommend as a good and quick read.
Jennifer Parke
May 08, 2013 Jennifer Parke rated it liked it
Slow slow start but picked up in the middle. Took a few weeks to get into it but couldn't put it down once it picked up.
Apr 19, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
When you find yourself saying "blah blah blah" in your head while reading passages, you know the book gets two stars!
Marzena
Jul 31, 2010 Marzena rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Too ridiculous to make sense, too stupid to be humorous, too boring to make the reading enjoyable.
Nancy W.
Jul 18, 2013 Nancy W. rated it really liked it
Good read. Fast, fun and the price was right. Recommend
Jenetch
terrible...don't waste your time
Lori Shippy
Very good. nice suspense.
Mary Morris
Mary Morris rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Sheryl Bollmeier
Sheryl Bollmeier rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Loret
Loret rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Marguerite Avey
Marguerite Avey rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
gwen
gwen is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2016
Charlotte Lintz
Charlotte Lintz rated it did not like it
Jul 10, 2016
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Seeking Vengeance
  • Inner Moonlight
  • No More Running
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Kisses to Remember
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • A Place of Forgetting
  • Bird Brained (Rachel Porter, #3)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Justified (Madison Knight, #2)
  • Dirty Little Lies (Marisela Morales/Dirty #2)
  • Torn
  • Killing Bliss
  • Playing with Fire (Primrose, Minnesota, #1)
  • At Long Odds (Caspian Chronicles, #1)
  • An Island of Illusions (A Sarah Woods Mystery #3)
In 2004, Colleen Thompson's first romantic thriller, Fatal Error, launched Dorchester Publishing's new line of fast-paced, steamy romantic suspense. The book was nominated for the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense and won the Texas Gold for Best Mainstream Fiction. Other honors received by her books include a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, nominations from the Reviewers International ...more
More about Colleen Thompson...

“The sun, the moon and the stars would have disappeared long ago, had they happened to be within reach of predatory human hands.” 0 likes
“When you have a child, the world has a hostage.” 0 likes