Start by marking “Beneath Bone Lake” as Want to Read:

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published May 26th 2009 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about Beneath Bone Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath Bone Lake

Katy M
FABULOUS!!!!!!!

I don't put spoilers in my reviews. I just finished this book, couldn't put it down for long (have to eat, etc.) and read it in one day.
If you like Nora Roberts, you'll like Colleen Thompson. Superb storytelling, effectively weaving several strands into a rich tapestry of family, betrayals, intrigue, suspense, love of all kinds, never letting up or letting the reader go until the final, fabulous end. Sigh!
This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm buying every one I c...more
Cassandra Curtis
I read this book a couple of years ago when I was in the hospital and loved it, and not just because it helped me keep the pain at bay, so here's why: You have a strong heroine in the character of Ruby, a woman who worked in one of roughest urban battlegrounds in the world, and all she wants is to return to her beloved home in Texas and hold her 4 yr old baby daughter in her arms. It pulls at all those mother instincts we have. But when she finally sets foot on native soil, neither her sister Mi...more
Ali
Beneath Bone Lake by Colleen Thompson starts out with a mystery as Ruby Monroe returns to her Texas hometown after a year spent in Iraq, working as a bus driver. She impatiently waits at the airport for the arrival of her sister, Misty, and four-year-old daughter, Zoe, holding with her a secret she's itching to get rid of. Only someone else seems to have gotten a hold of not only her secret, but her family, as well.

Arriving at her house with dangerous and drugged strangers in residence, Ruby cal...more
Kim
It was a good book
Liz Talley
Hard to put down. Very identifiable heroine and a hero you rooted for. Although the perpetrator came out of left field and didn't seem to have the creepy motive I thought he should - the glimpses into his character screams serial killer /sicko- I thought the read worthwhile.
Mary Gediman
Good book. The suspense lasted throughout the book and kept my interest. I would recommend this book to any mystery or thriller lover.
Derry Winch
I couldn't put it down. Gripping right up to the end. Was surprised with the "who did it" ending. I recommend as a good and quick read.
Jennifer Parke
Slow slow start but picked up in the middle. Took a few weeks to get into it but couldn't put it down once it picked up.
When you find yourself saying "blah blah blah" in your head while reading passages, you know the book gets two stars!
Marzena
Too ridiculous to make sense, too stupid to be humorous, too boring to make the reading enjoyable.
Nancy W.
Good read. Fast, fun and the price was right. Recommend
Jenetch
terrible...don't waste your time
Lori Shippy
Very good. nice suspense.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
CL
CL marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
In 2004, Colleen Thompson's first romantic thriller, Fatal Error, launched Dorchester Publishing's new line of fast-paced, steamy romantic suspense. The book was nominated for the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense and won the Texas Gold for Best Mainstream Fiction. Other honors received by her books include a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, nominations from the Reviewers International...more
More about Colleen Thompson...
Triple Exposure Fatal Error The Salt Maiden Head on Fade the Heat