Start by marking “Denying Dare (Moon Pack, #4)” as Want to Read:
Denying Dare (Moon Pack, #4)

Denying Dare (Moon Pack #4)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,277 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Weretiger Dare longs for the attention of Steven. But the werewolf is searching for a mate among his own kind. Until Anthony douses his friend in a batch of catnip and the big kitty pounces. Book Four in the Moon Pack series. m/m sexual situations.
ebook, 1st Edition, 34 pages
Published March 5th 2009 by Literary Road (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Denying Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Denying Dare

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
68th out of 868 books — 1,168 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceWith Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
123rd out of 876 books — 687 voters

More lists with this book...

Ayanna
Mar 04, 2014 Ayanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, indulgence
COMMAS. GODDAMNIT. PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FUCKING USE COMMAS.

I really, really don't understand the appeal of clawfoot tubs.

And as for tigers purring...
Research led me here:
But apparently tigers can purr on the exhale...

But look:
There's a white tiger @2:20

And a bit of editing would have gone a long way...
Steven jerked away like he’d been struck. “You’re not pack.”
Dare nodded. “I’m not a tiger but Anthony declared me
Mackenzie
Nov 28, 2011 Mackenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And the award for Most Favorite Pairing in Moon Pack goes to...

I'm not going to lie: I'm more of a cat person than a dog person. So when I found out that Denying Dare is going to feature Dare, a tiger shifter, my imaginary cat whiskers tingled in anticipation. And because his designated mate is Steven, Anthony's best friend who appeared in the very first scene of the very first installment, I was mentally purring out of complete and utter joy.

Dare started out as the insecure one in this relation
Kira
Dec 03, 2013 Kira rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, vampires, shifters

I'm giving up on this series. It just seems so rushed and despite having actually read all these books as the new editions, they just aren't good enough for me.

Maybe I just expect more from the books I read, but these aren't my deal. Four books were enough to prove that. I kept going to each with "oh so maybe this one will be better" and they just aren't.

Amanda
3 stars

I like the storyline of this book and the previous three and I'm sure I'll like the next few in the series since I'm an Amber Kell fan, but I have some problems with each book. Each book needs a crap ton of editing. I mean a CRAP TON. There's so many run on sentences, misplaced punctuation. I'm thinking these books were some of her earlier works. Other than the editing issues they're not bad.

Honey
I wasn’t really able to enjoy the development of Dare and Steven’s relationship since it was always at the back of my mind how Steven for months had been screwing around knowing he had a mate and would have carried on doing so if Anthony hadn't intervened. The reason was pretty lame too. He only wanted to mate with a wolf, therefore cats were out of the picture, because he wanted to belong to a pack. And all along all he had to do was petition to become a member of Silver’s. What was supposed to ...more
Sandra
I read the first book in this series, Attracting Anthony, as a freebie and liked it pretty well. Unfortunately some of the negatives from the first book seemed compounded in this one. I'm not sure if that's because $2.99 for 47 pages is kinda pricey to begin with. Or if the addition of the menacing mutant werewolves tried to cram too much in. But the fact of the matter is, I just didn't feel any chemistry between Dare and Steven. I'm all for shifter insta-love, but the emotional transitions from ...more
Veronica /  V
Steven denied Dare as a mate for a few months because Dare is not a werewolf and Steven went out with different guys hopping that a werewolf was his real mate, one day thanks to Anthony intervention he finally pull himself together and claim Dare as his mate.
I think Dare forgave Steven to easily, I would have make Steve crawled and making sweat for much longer before I would forgive him.
Dare, you are a little bit of a wimp sweetheart, you need to grow a pair of balls and put Steve on his place.
AղցҽӀɑ W.
This is the fourth book in the series. And though all these stories are fairly short, they are all interlinked and we see the continuing struggle with Silver trying to keep the Anthony under control. I liked how he doused Steven with catnip knowing that Dare would go after him, which could have been dangerous if there were other kitties around. I felt that Steven's story should have been stronger than this I gave this book 2.5 because I liked hearing about they other player's in this series.
Julie Burns
These are so cute, but soooooooo short !!
Dare is so adorable, have watched him from the first book, and couldn't wait to read his story.
Steven on the other hand, I don't think deserved Dare, he knew they were mates, so stayed away from him !!! Luckily Anthony (love this guy) took charge.
And boy did he ..... I haven't laughed so hard for ages, in fact I had to re-read that chapter, one word .... CATNIP :-)
Saving for the next book, I know there are a few out, but I don't mind, I hate
Elisa Rolle
I bought this series as soon as it was out, but then I stopped reading it at the third enstallment; it’s a nice series, but sincerely, they are really short stories, and very similar one with the other, so, according to me, it’s better to take a break after a bit, to better enjoy the whole.

Amber Kell plays a lot with the “tradition” of the M/M paranormal romance, even if, in this last story, both men are strong and independent, there is not the contraposition between Alpha and omega, and neither
Christy Duke
Funniest beginning ever when Anthony douses Steven in catnip! LOL I laughed a lot. Dare was definitely my favorite in this story and I'm still not so sure that Steven was worthy. But, they were good together and now I have more stories to look forward to, and more mystery about the mutant werewolves.
Karyn
Mar 30, 2015 Karyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010-13, mm
Its an Amber Kell weekend here as i zip through this series. My only problem is i feel like one mate seems to be portrayed in a better light than the other. That and the constant baby references. A whole group of people calling each other baby is just weird.
JenMcJ
Mar 30, 2009 JenMcJ rated it liked it
Another installment in the series. They are coming out quickly which is good because they are quite short and it would be easy for them to get lost in the shuffle.

I like these books. They are telling an interesting story...but the editing is still terrible.
May 02, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
3.5 overall, liked it better than book three but not sure if it was simply due to the fact I liked Dare better than either of the main characters from the previous book.

I especially like the matchmaking stunt pulled by Anthony! Found the bonding between main characters a bit trite after all the build up from their initial, though brief, introduction in book one. Still they were so likable that I did want to keep reading.

Still while the two main characters were engaging enough found increased di
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Et bien, depuis le temps qu’on voit ces deux-là se tourner autour, il était temps de passer aux choses sérieuses, chose possible grâce à Anthony. A croire qu’il va pouvoir ouvrir une agence de rencontres celui-là…Ceci étant dit, on découvre un nouveau genre de métamorphe dans une romance toujours aussi basique et un fond pas si poussé que cela.

Enfin bref, le tigre Dare arrive enfin à se faire remarquer de Steven et il n’y a pas été par 4 chemins, enfin surtout grâce à Anthony qui est toujours au
Lorraine Lesar
Jul 27, 2013 Lorraine Lesar rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the series and I have enjoyed them all. Though all these stories are fairly short, they are all interlinked (which I like)and we see the continuing struggle with Silver trying to keep the adorable Anthony under control (no chance!). The rogue werewolves are again a focus in this book and again the author gives us only hints about them and the reader is left in the dark about what they really are and how it happened and my imagination is running into overdrive with diff ...more
Ami
Nov 28, 2011 Ami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-short-stories
RE-READ NEW VERSION ON 28/11/11

Opinion on new version:

I find that the 4th story of Moon Pack series to be the most appealing. I enjoy the yearning that Dare feels towards Steven since Steven (that idiot werewolf! *grin*) is so determined to have another wolf as a mate, even if he has a feeling that the weretiger is actually his mate all along. I enjoy the hilarity of Anthony's matchmaking action, as he douses Steven with catnips, which makes Dare goes crazy, and pretty much drags Steven
Mandy Quinn
Apr 03, 2016 Mandy Quinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book and I love this series so far

I really enjoyed reading this book this is a good series of books. I loved the relationship between Dare and Steven. I love the comedy, the twists and turns, and the edge of the seat action in this book. I will recommend this book and this series to everybody I know and to all my friends too.
Nile Princess
This series is one that I keep coming back to and everytime I do I remember why I took a break in the first place. I do enjoy it but it's full of everything wrong with this genre. Cringe worthy dialogue, over the top sappiness (for such uber alphas they really do get sickeningly flowery) and an uber alpha who is so whipped it's not even funny...ok, it kind of is. And yet, I keep coming back! There's something about the characters that I love and the stories are funny and lovable in parts. The al ...more
Wax
Oct 04, 2015 Wax rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, borrowed
Probably one of my favorite Moon Pack stories because Dare is one of my favorite characters. Yes, I hate that Steven refused to acknowledge him as a mate because he wasn't a wolf, but how funny was it when Anthony used catnip on him?
Staceyr
Oct 19, 2009 Staceyr rated it really liked it
The set up of Dare the weretiger and Steven the werewolf is one of the funnest shotgun hookups I've ever read. A mutual friend sees the need for intervention and neither knows what hit them as Steven is literally dragged to Dare's bed. A fun, fast read with some nice suspense and mystery mixed in. Also enjoyed seeing more of Anthony (the hook-up artist) and Silver.

My only complaint, one word--PROOFREADER--Ms Kell is in serious need of one. The story flows, and I can ignore the many standard for
Maggie
Feb 01, 2015 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sigh...

Another good book in this series. I really like all the characters, the storyline is intriguing and carries well through each story. I am enjoying this series!
Melanie~~
This was a solid 3.5-star story. I'm rounding down because I've been rounding up a bit on the previous 3 stories.

I like the world and the overall story arc for the series.

I've prefer if the mates are versatile that we get to see them both topping. It's not likely that we'll be revisiting any of these couples in the bedroom, so I'd like to see the switch dynamic when it's there.

Like I said in a review for a previous book in this series, comfort read. Quick and easy on the angst.

There are a coupl
Lys
Apr 16, 2015 Lys rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un debut dur les chapeaux de roues et très vite c'est une chute vertigineuse sans fin.
Quelques chose me pousse à continuer cette série malgré le côté répétitif des épisodes.
Fi Brit
Mar 29, 2015 Fi Brit rated it it was ok
This series is getting worse. Not even my interest in Anthony's story makes it worth reading on, especially as I see that there are 12 books already.
Lila Hunter
Both MCs were good, as well as their chemistry. I loved the opening scene and enjoyed the fast paced. Short, overpriced, but a good read.
My Dichotomy Life
I love the weretiger Dare, this is one of the better books in this series so far.
Sandra
Jul 29, 2015 Sandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
carino e breve come tutti i libri di questa autrice.
lettura di evasione
Carrie
Jan 21, 2015 Carrie rated it really liked it
Well, so far each short story seems to be more like a chapter of Anthony & Silver's story; all really quick reads & the angst of the books usually seem forced. I think it would actually be better if read all at once, instead of like a serial with each chapter coming out every few months. However, the main plot is interesting, so I keep following it.
I love Dare!!!!! He's so sweet and cute & funny! Steven is an idiot, IMO (really? You'll deny that Dare is your mate because he's not a w
Phaney
Mar 30, 2015 Phaney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
2015 Re-read:

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to write something up about these volumes. Seems boring to just reiterate what I said before.

So Steven was being an idiot at first, then less so, and finally things were kinda cute between him and Dare.
It is certainly true that the characters here are far from perfect beings. They bumble along more often than not, at least when it comes to interaction with others. In a weird way that lends a flair of reality in the midst of this adult fairytale o
  • Allergies (Preters, #1)
  • Chance's Vindication (Lost Shifters #13)
  • Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1)
  • Midnight (Dance with the Devil, #3)
  • Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings #12)
  • Joshua's Law (Brac Pack #18)
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Necessary Temptation
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings #5)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

Moon Pack (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1)
  • Baiting Ben (Moon Pack, #2)
  • Courting Calvin (Moon Pack, #3)
  • Enticing Elliott (Moon Pack, #5)
  • Finding Farro (Moon Pack, #6)
  • Getting Gabe (Moon Pack #7)
  • Hunting Henry (Moon Pack #8)
  • Inflaming Inno (Moon Pack #9)
  • Judging Jager (Moon Pack #10)
  • Keeping Kylen (Moon Pack #11)