Hellbourne: Lost and Found (Hellbourne, #1)

Hellbourne: Lost and Found (Hellbourne #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  579 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Luc Hellbourne is dumped by his werewolf boyfriend for a girl. When he goes to drown his sorrows with drinks at a local bar the powerful vampire master claims to have just what he needs. Warning: There is hot man/man action.
ebook, 1st Edition, 44 pages
Published March 20th 2009 by Literary Road (first published 2009)

With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
75th out of 651 books — 894 voters
Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview With The Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
56th out of 350 books — 487 voters

More lists with this book...

Chris
2.5 stars. Ok short paranormal m/m romance about a half-fae who was dumped for a woman by his werewolf boyfriend. This is actually one book split into three very short books, which I find annoying.
Elisa Ramblings
HellBourne series is not exactly a romance but more a discovery journey. It's the story of Lucifer "Luc" Hellbourne, half-fae half-devil, who is trying to find his place in the human and otherworldly world. After 20 years spent as Alpha male's lover of a werewolf pack, Luc is on the loose; his werewolf lover dumped him to marry a woman and have kids, a thing that even Luc, with all his special power, can't have. Wandering alone after so many years living in a pack is disconcerning and when Luc s...more
JenMcJ
This is definately a serial style story. No final ending. The next adventure is clearly in the works at the conclusion of the story. It was a good story though and put me in mind of J. Lane's Soulmates series, much shorter and less explicit but it looks like all the paranormal players are at the table.

I must say I did not notice the spelling errors and switched words in this book that have plagued A. Kell's previous books from Literary road.
Deanna
This story was amazingly hilarious - which I was not expecting. Luc Hellbourne is such a unique character & the whole story arch is interesting and kept me guessing.
Elizabetta
(I am re-reading some of my very early forays into the M/M genre to see how they hold up)

Lucifer Hellbourne, son of the devil, is gorgeous and fey which means he’s delectable to vampires. He’s also just been dumped by his long-time alpha were lover and is drowning his sorrows in Nikko’s bar. Nikko, alpha vamp of all vamps, desires him at first site and bite. There is a face off between the two alphas for Luc and so it goes.

This did not hold up as well to a second read, the syntax was odd and th...more
Lexi Ander
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
This is a story filled with so many twists and turns you're constantly wondering what will happen next. Once you think you know what the main conflict is, you discover it is only one of many.

Luc Hellbourne is the youngest son of the devil but that’s only half of his problems. He has just been cast aside by his werewolf lover Bran... for a woman. Feeling heartbroken over the rejection he seeks solace in the arms of a powerful vampire. Nikko is instantly attracted to Luc and wants to keep the you...more
Ana
Amber Kell is one of my "guilty pleasure" authors. Some of her stuff is short and some of her stories involve a little WTF but they are always fun. I like her sassy characters and the fact that even when one of the men is physically weaker than the other, the relationships are balanced out by magical ability, creativity, intelligence or a combination of the three.
Hellbourne is a good example. The main character isn't some wimpy guy who is willing to put up with his boyfriend jilting him for *ga...more
Pia Veleno
I may add more to this later, but for now I'm having trouble writing down my thoughts without spoilers. Overall, the world in this story had great potential, but I was disappointed that there was no romance or HEA/HFN, just lust. This story feels like the first few chapters to a bigger work rather than a stand alone book.

For a M/M romance, I'd give this two stars. If it had been categorized as urban fantasy, then four.

Update

I read the collection of all three Hellbourne stories (Hellbourne) and...more
Byron
A great paranormal m/m romance... with some REALLY good character descriptions. I just started to get get to know them. I think the couple of books by Amber Kell are all like that where the people/s are so well developed - yet I don't have to wade through chapters to get to know them.

This one brings us to the demonic side of paranormal and I guess I have to admit that it's a nice break from shifter/vamp stuff..
Lala
Cherie Noel
I really enjoy Amber Kell's writing. The only thing that stopped this story from having a higher rating of 4 was the large number of editing errors that kept pulling me out of the story. Still, well worth the read, and (!) I hear she's coming out with a freshly polished, more throughly edited version soon!!
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
Vampires, and Weres, and a half Demon/half Fae - oh my! What a cast of characters in this delightful series which is really one book broken into three segments. That means you'll have to check out the remainder of my review in each of the next two installments as well!!
Danielle
This book was pretty good. I like Luc, and his alphas are both attractive characters. I mainly had problems with the editing. It could be cleaner; sometimes this made certain parts hard to follow.
D
Fucking hilarious! I love Lucifer Hellbourne. One fierce fae.

"Don't fall for me beautiful. I'm all about headache."

Laughed through the whole thing. Off to read the next installment.
Carolyn88
Loved the book. I bought book 2 and 3 right after I finished. I guess the only thing I would say it that it was too short and ended abruptly.
Clerah
Demons, Fea, Werewolves, and Vampires all show up in this story. It sort of reminded me a little of LKH Anita Blake series.
Nene
What a great short one! Luc is a fascinating character. I can't wait to read more about him in the next book.
Di
3,5 Stars for Hellbourne 1-3.
the 1/2 star addition is for the minor pairings on the end of book 3, love them ^^
Brittney Bower
things are just getting interesting.
Melanie
A nice short story.
Tracy's Place
3.5 out of 5 stars
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Niki
Niki marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
  • Mark of the Beast
  • Liquid Crimson (Neo's Realm, #1)
  • An Unnatural Worth
  • Claimed by Darkness
  • Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)
  • Midnight Howl (Hoosier Werewolf, #1)
  • Rapture (Blood Eclipse, #2)
  • Toy Box: Biting
  • Forever Broken
  • Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters, #4)
  • Long Black Cadillac
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Fluid (Channeling Morpheus, #8)
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • My Vampire and I (My Vampire and I, #1)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1)

“I'll murder a basketful of kittens in a playground full of kindergarteners if it will send me to hell to be by your side.” 8 likes