The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells

The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells (Element Encyclopedia)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells is an authoritative treasure to the trove of spells and rituals rooted in magical and spiritual traditions from all over the world. Featuring centuries-old magic as well as modern rituals to help you improve the quality of everyday life, it includes essential spealls for love, luck, success, enhanced psychic wealth, spiritual peach...more
Published November 28th 2004 by Harper Element (first published 2004)

Christopher
Loads of spells to read and add to you collections. Some are a bit naff but others such as the candle spells could really be used to build some energy when wishing. The extra information in the book is interesting giving you a bit of background on where the spell originated from and what it was used for. A good book to have in your collection, if your into this sort of thing that is.
V
This book is a very detailed guide to spells that has actual spells in it. Now I myself don't believe, but I find it fun to pretend. The detail with which this book has been written really allows the magic to come alive.
Ashmedai
Clear away the neo-pagan fluff and there's a halfway decent formulary and traditional Hoodoo. Not 100% authentic nor complete (which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars), but a good basic reference book in a pinch.
Connie
I will be referencing this book for years to come! Spells, how to make them, things to use and in different ways. This has it all!
The only set back is there are no pictures of things such as herbs.
Dupsie Oriyomi
My reference book for all thingsw magical. A must have in every practioners library.
Savana
Savana marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Angeleen Doyle
Angeleen Doyle marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Shanice Hodges
Shanice Hodges marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Leanne Machado
Leanne Machado is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2014
Emily Ann
Emily Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Infamous
Infamous marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Suela
Suela marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Rowena
Rowena added it
May 14, 2014
Abhilash
Abhilash marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Apr 27, 2014
Born in New York City, my metaphysical career began early: My first encounter with tarot cards at age six was also my first experience of love at first sight! That passion still burns true. Although I do practice other forms of divination, tarot remains the foundation of my practice.

A lifelong pursuit of metaphysical wisdom followed and continues: astrology, mythology, Kabbalah, the Egyptian myst...more
More about Judika Illes...
The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft Encyclopedia of Spirits: The Ultimate Guide to the Magic of Fairies, Genies, Demons, Ghosts, Gods & Goddesses Pure Magic: A Complete Course in Spellcasting The Weiser Field Guide to Witches: From Hexes to Hermione Granger, from Salem to the Land of Oz The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts