The Biggest and Brightest Light: A True Story of the Heart

The Biggest and Brightest Light: A True Story of the Heart

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This timely new book will inspire children and give them a real understanding of the feelings that come from giving. When six-year-old Amanda wanted to help her teacher who had a problem, she wondered what could she do? She thought of great ideas like making holiday decorations, baking cookies, and entering a contest. Through Amanda's efforts to help her teacher, she disco...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Robert Reed Publishers (first published March 10th 2004)

Becky
Another random WeGiveBooks read.

This one was a little better than the last one, I think, but only in that it actually had a story. But honestly, I liked it less, and what story was there, I think could have been much better.

I know that this is for kids (the age range is 4-7), but I felt like there were a lot of issues with this one. Not only were there missing commas all over the place, but this was nothing but tell, tell, tell, and the story jumped around quite a lot.

For example: The book start...more
Stephanie
Mar 22, 2013 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stephanie by: wegivebooks.org
Shelves: children-s
This is a wonderful book - based on a true story - about the example of a loving and kind 6 year old. You are never to young to be of service to those in need. This is a great book to teach young ones, to be thoughtful and creative in helping others.
I plan to read this one several times to my young children.
You can read it for free to your wee ones on wegivebooks.org, all at the same time as giving some service to ensure young children around the world can have access to good books!
Alexandra Chauran
Unexpectedly amazing. This story is terrific because it shows a six year old girl thinking up her own ideas to make a difference. Even though she works hard, there isn't necessarily a perfectly happy ending. There are ups and downs, triumphs and disappointments. This book would be ideal for a child experiencing the death of a friend. It is available on We Give Books for free right now.
Terry