Start by marking “Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous, #1)” as Want to Read:
Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous, #1)

Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous #1)

Can a bad witch go good in thirteen steps? Not if Lucifer has his way with her!

A Tickle My Fantasy story.

Amy Atwood is a witch. Not the harm-none kind the Satan-worshipping, devil-made-me-do-it kind. But after catching Lucifer in a particularly wicked hex act with her goodie-two-shoes Wiccan sister, Amy does what every self-respecting witch would do. She pops a Dove chocol
Published February 24th 2009 by Samhain (first published September 9th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Witches Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witches Anonymous

Natasha
Mar 27, 2011 Natasha rated it really liked it
'Witches Anonymous' is the first installment in the Witches Anonymous series by Misty Evans. If your in the mood for a hot, fast paced, light comedy then this is the novel for you. From page one I was drawn in and I couldn't get enough.
First lines:
-"In a room full of witches, you’d think I wouldn’t stand out.
You’d be wrong."

I really enjoyed Amy's character. She's a hard attitude witch that signed her soul over to the wrong side. She may be good, but she likes bad. And how could she not, when
WildAboutBones
Jul 16, 2011 WildAboutBones rated it really liked it
Shelves: read4bbpr-review
A very cute and funny paranormal romance short story which features Lucifer and a very small part for the Archangel Gabriel. It was originally published as part of the Tickle My Fantasy anthology. At 88 pages, it is a very quick read; I read it in about an hour.

Amy, "Not one of those goodie-two-shoes Wiccans. No, I’m a Satan-worshiping, Devil-made-me-do-it witch" type witch, is now attending WA (Witches Anonymous) because Lucifer has betrayed her with her sister. She's being good now, normal,
Gabriella
Witches Anonymous is the first installment in the Witches Anonymous series by Misty Evans.

Amy Atwood is a witch. She is now attending WA (Witches Anonymous) because Lucifer has betrayed her with her sister. Now she wants to be normal. Human. Even if it means no more fun...

Lucifer wants Amy back and he isn’t taking no for an answer. To make matters worse, the angel Gabriel is now on Amy’s case with an agenda as his own.

This was a quick, fun and sexy read!

All in all, this was a truly fun book to r
Edie Ramer
Nov 07, 2010 Edie Ramer rated it it was amazing
What's a bad witch to do after she catches her lover - who happens to be Lucifer - making out with her sister? In Amy Atwood's case, she decides to go good, and she starts attending Witches Anonymous meetings. She even meets a sexy firefighter who gets her heat level up. But Lucifer is still after her, trying to woo her with the one item he knows she finds irresistible: Dove chocolates. And her skanky sister appears. Now that she's gotten Amy's man (or so she thinks), she wants her Manolos and h ...more
Ellen
May 05, 2009 Ellen rated it it was amazing
This book is for anyone who wants to fall out of their day to day problems and into a wonderful world filled with equally wonderful people and some of the best laugh out loud funny moments I've had in a very long time. Don't pass up Witches Anonymous by Misty Evans!!!
Sabrina
Oct 07, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
I loved this Novella! It’s cute, fun and sexy read. Amy decides to turn her life around when her man candy Lucifer makes his own decision to dip his pitchfork in the wrong girl. She drops magic and makes an oath to never use it again. But what’s a girl to do when Luc keeps using his Satan-ly charms to try and win her back after she meets the handsome, dark chocolate flakes in ice cream loving, firefighter Adam? Both are as delicious as the Dove chocolate she keeps in her pocket, but little does ...more
Myvampfiction
Nov 22, 2011 Myvampfiction rated it really liked it
review by Megsly

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

When my lovelies at MVF asked if I’d like to do reviews for new authors who submit their novels to us for review, I jumped on the chance! I love reading the works of author’s whom I’ve never read before! It’s like making a new friend and you never know what kind of little jewels you will unearth when diving into an unknown book by an author you’ve never read before! And very fortunate for me, my very first book, which is Witches Anonymous by Mis
Kimberly
Oct 06, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/A...

Witch Amy Atwood isn’t your stereotypical Glinda the Good Witch. No, she’s a Satan-worshipping, wicked witch through and through, and is quite happy about it until she catches Lucifer in bed with her sister. Then it’s off to Witches Anonymous and a renouncing of her powers for Amy. When she meets sexy firefighter Adam Foster, Amy figures he’s a delicious compliment to her new, normal lifestyle.

But the devil
Marlene
Feb 05, 2012 Marlene rated it really liked it
Witches Anonymous, by Misty Evans, is almost as deliciously tempting as the Dove chocolate square that the main character keeps promising herself if she manages to resist all of the other temptations that keep getting thrown her way. Poor Amy, most of us find Dove chocolate difficult enough to resist!

Amy Atwood is the witch in Witches Anonymous, and we meet her as she is about to attend her first meeting of the self-help group. Yes, WA is modeled on AA, complete with 12-step program. Amy used to
Aimee
Aug 23, 2011 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
This was a really fun novella! Smoking hot for a short read, but definitely grabbed my attention and the vice-like grip didn't let up until the very end! I devoured it! I wasn't sure what to expect going in. The premise really had me hooked when Misty asked me to review it and when I finally opened it up, I was beating myself over the head for not putting it on top of the pile.

There are some yummy guys in this novella. Adam and Luc (aka The Devil aka Lucifer). Two delicious men, opposites of eac
Catherine Coffman
Jan 02, 2012 Catherine Coffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
Amy Atwood sold her soul to the Devil a long time ago… But when she finds Lucifer seducing her sister, she decides to go “normal” cold turkey, and joins Witches Anonymous. Unfortunately, while her promise to never use witchcraft again is sincere, no one else seems to have a problem with trying to manipulate her into using her powers.

I loved how this book took a completely normal and almost mundane dynamic (sisters fighting over the same guy anyone?) and made it something unique and different – a
TheGeekyBlogger
What I LOVED/LIKED: This book was a really cute read. Believe it or not it included Adam (yes that Adam), Luc (Lucifer), Gabriel (yep that one), and Amy (what you thought I would save Eve?). It was a clever, quick read with a pretty good little message to boot: You are responsible for your own choices: good and evil.

What I thought was So-So: The evil sister thing just isn't my cup of tea but it really didn't distract from the story.

Why I gave it a 3: It was a quick read and like I do with most
Tara SG
Nov 02, 2010 Tara SG rated it it was ok
* * 1/2

--This book in 6 words:

good storyline too rushed missing heat

--Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I came across this via Felicia @ Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog (she gave it 3 stars). It was a quick read to a fault. While I enjoyed the overall storyline, I could help but finish it wishing I had more time to spend with the characters. I don’t want to go into the plot too much because even though it is fairly predictable I don’t want to give anything away.

I liked Amy and Luc and even Adam
Michelle
Aug 16, 2011 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011-reads
I was looking forward to a light, enjoyable read, but not this light! I felt a little cheated since I was looking for a novel, and what I ended up with was a short story.

The plot is cute, the characters are fun, and the style is terrific, but there is so much missing backstory that the reader is left scratching her head since very little is explained. I felt as if I was dropped into the middle of an ongoing drama, yet this is the very first book in the series. Also, the plot moves so quickly tha
Jeanie Jackson
Mar 21, 2016 Jeanie Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a tantalizing taste of what is sure to be another amazing series. I adore Misty Evan's books but I haven't jumped into the Witches yet. When Amy turns her back on her evil magic she never imagines how hard it will be or all that she has coming into her life. Would you believe she is supposed to help Adam, yes THE Adam resist temptation when he gets a second chance. This is the ex-girlfriend of Satan! She is having enough trouble not using spells to clean her house! Of course things are not ...more
Karyogini
Jun 12, 2015 Karyogini rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-on-2015
This is a novella... It's so short... I don't know how to react to it... I'm not invested at all into the characters. :/
Melissa
Mar 31, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
My Review

This was a quick, fun and sexy read! I was aware that it was a novella before I started reading it so I was not expecting a lot of history on the characters. Ms. Evans easily draws the reader in with her humor and sexy men in the story, albeit one of which is the devil. All the characters were unique and fun in their own ways. The more I read the more I found myself wanting more. I highly recommend this book to those that are looking for a light, quick and truly entertaining read!

My Rat
Anika
Apr 11, 2016 Anika rated it it was ok
It was a quick read ok.
Julie Swarth
Jan 09, 2012 Julie Swarth rated it really liked it
I got turned onto this series by a friend. Can you tell I just got a Kindle for Christmas? Lol. I liked it. The main character Amy is a hoot. She's trying to stop her witchy ways with a 12 step program. She's lovable and loyal, everything you want your heroine to be. And she's got two men to choose from. Who wouldn't want that? I knew it was a novella when I bought it, but I really wish it was a little longer like a series length book. Otherwise, it was a great find. I'll definitely read the res ...more
Krista
Jul 11, 2011 Krista rated it really liked it

Ana
Jan 14, 2014 Ana rated it liked it
Elisa Hordon
Jul 25, 2016 Elisa Hordon rated it it was amazing
Just brilliant Amy is sweet unlike her sister who is the complete opposite no wonder Lucifer wants Amy so much her sweetness is good for him but Adam also wants Amy and his chance at redemption, Gabriel wants Adam and Amy to rewrite history so he can become god and Amy just wants to live a quiet life, not use her powers and eat ice cream and chocolate.
A sweet, funny paranormal mystery with a sizzling side of romance.
(yikes)
Sep 21, 2011 (yikes) rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This was a fun light read, although I felt the plot was too rushed, and I KNEW WHO ADAM WAS THE MOMENT HE COMMENTED ON THE FIG LEAVES.
This book would be more interesting if the plot was given time to develop.
There are quite a number of loose threads that didn't made me quite annoyed, so thus the three stars.
Although I have to ask- Where did Amy have to go to find the Witches Anonymous meeting? hmmmmm, queer...
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
Great quick read. 3.75 STARS

I was dying to read this one, as I love all things witch! It is a really good short read.
I am not a huge fan of the short novella series. That being said this was a great book and I can not wait till I have the time to read the rest of the series. A little bit of heat, a little bit of magic, a whole lot of hot and some saving the world. Pretty great!
Amy R
Mar 11, 2012 Amy R rated it really liked it
This was a fun book. I don't normally enjoy the paranormal romance books, but I like other books by Misty Evans so I thought I would try this series out. I love all the Bible references in this book. It was a fun, cute, clean, romantic read and I plan to read the rest of the series!
Linda
I liked the story. I mean Witches Anonymous so you can quit using your magic. What a concept?? Cute. The devil was clever and all the characters fun to learn about but it didn't grab me the way a series needs to for me to read the whole thing. I liked the writing style because I like Misty Evans but I'll stick with her other series for now.
Vicki
Dec 20, 2013 Vicki rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish the book. There was no real adventure or conflict. Nothing to hold the interest of this reader. I had to move on. Other books to read. I apologize to the author. It may just be that I'm not really into your topic. However, I did like other books along that genre. Maybe I'll just put it aside and pick it up again. Maybe it was my mood.
Rachel Maloney
I'm undulating here between 1-2 stars. It was sooo short (basically a short story), and the plot was choppy and a bit confusing, but it was also funny at times and a little unpredictable. So I guess I'm saying... read at your own risk?
Michelle Miles
Jun 20, 2011 Michelle Miles rated it it was amazing
I love this story. It's full of fun moments with a heroine you just adore from the very first page. If you like wicked good fun, you'll love this book. Misty is a rising star and an author to keep your eye on!
Anne-claire
Mar 02, 2011 Anne-claire rated it liked it
It's an okay book, typical chick-lit. One of which you need to read once in a while.

And ladies, having Lucifer telling you he loves you is absolutely delicious... llike chocolate ;)
  • The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant (Karmic Consultants, #1)
  • Cat's Wolf (A Shifter Romance Novella, #1)
  • Caught Forever Between (Hoodoo, #2.5)
  • Entangled
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • To Love a Witch (Novel Nibbles)
  • The Agency, Volume 1
  • One Knight Only (Realm of Honor, #1)
  • Witch is When My Heart Broke (A Witch P.I. Mystery #9)
  • Finding Magic (Downside Ghosts, #0.5)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Being Familiar With  a Witch
  • Haruspex (Marla Mason, Prequel #2)
  • Air: Merlin's Chalice (Children of Avalon, #1)
  • Death Is My Friend With Benefits (Death Is My BFF, #4)
  • Chaos Bound (Chronicles from the Applecross #2)
  • Zombie Moon
  • The Devil Was an Angel (Niki Slobodian, #4)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author Misty Evans has published forty stories and writes romantic suspense, urban fantasy, and paranormal romance. As a writing coach, she helps other authors bring their books – and their dreams of being published – to life.

The books in her Super Agent series have won a CataNetwork Reviewers’ Choice Award, CAPA nominations, the New England Reader’s Choice Bean Pot Award fo
More about Misty Evans...

Witches Anonymous (7 books)
  • Jingle Hells (Witches Anonymous, #2)
  • Wicked Souls (Witches Anonymous, #3)
  • Dark Moon Lilith (Witches Anonymous, #4)
  • Dancing with the Devil (Witches Anonymous, #5)
  • Devil's Due (Witches Anonymous, #6)
  • Dirty Deeds (Witches Anonymous, #7)