Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous, #1)

Witches Anonymous (Witches Anonymous #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Can a bad witch go good in thirteen steps? Not if Lucifer has his way with her!

A Tickle My Fantasy story.

Amy Atwood is a witch. Not the harm-none kind...the Satan-worshipping, devil-made-me-do-it kind. But after catching Lucifer in a particularly wicked hex act with her goodie-two-shoes Wiccan sister, Amy does what every self-respecting witch would do. She pops a Dove choc...more
Published February 24th 2009 by Samhain (first published September 9th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Witches Anonymous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witches Anonymous

Natasha
'Witches Anonymous' is the first installment in the Witches Anonymous series by Misty Evans. If your in the mood for a hot, fast paced, light comedy then this is the novel for you. From page one I was drawn in and I couldn't get enough.
First lines:
-"In a room full of witches, you’d think I wouldn’t stand out.
You’d be wrong."

I really enjoyed Amy's character. She's a hard attitude witch that signed her soul over to the wrong side. She may be good, but she likes bad. And how could she not, when...more
WildAboutBones
A very cute and funny paranormal romance short story which features Lucifer and a very small part for the Archangel Gabriel. It was originally published as part of the Tickle My Fantasy anthology. At 88 pages, it is a very quick read; I read it in about an hour.

Amy, "Not one of those goodie-two-shoes Wiccans. No, I’m a Satan-worshiping, Devil-made-me-do-it witch" type witch, is now attending WA (Witches Anonymous) because Lucifer has betrayed her with her sister. She's being good now, normal, h...more
Edie Ramer
What's a bad witch to do after she catches her lover - who happens to be Lucifer - making out with her sister? In Amy Atwood's case, she decides to go good, and she starts attending Witches Anonymous meetings. She even meets a sexy firefighter who gets her heat level up. But Lucifer is still after her, trying to woo her with the one item he knows she finds irresistible: Dove chocolates. And her skanky sister appears. Now that she's gotten Amy's man (or so she thinks), she wants her Manolos and h...more
Ellen
This book is for anyone who wants to fall out of their day to day problems and into a wonderful world filled with equally wonderful people and some of the best laugh out loud funny moments I've had in a very long time. Don't pass up Witches Anonymous by Misty Evans!!!
Sabrina
I loved this Novella! It’s cute, fun and sexy read. Amy decides to turn her life around when her man candy Lucifer makes his own decision to dip his pitchfork in the wrong girl. She drops magic and makes an oath to never use it again. But what’s a girl to do when Luc keeps using his Satan-ly charms to try and win her back after she meets the handsome, dark chocolate flakes in ice cream loving, firefighter Adam? Both are as delicious as the Dove chocolate she keeps in her pocket, but little does...more
Myvampfiction
review by Megsly

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

When my lovelies at MVF asked if I’d like to do reviews for new authors who submit their novels to us for review, I jumped on the chance! I love reading the works of author’s whom I’ve never read before! It’s like making a new friend and you never know what kind of little jewels you will unearth when diving into an unknown book by an author you’ve never read before! And very fortunate for me, my very first book, which is Witches Anonymous by Mis...more
Kimberly
My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/A...

Witch Amy Atwood isn’t your stereotypical Glinda the Good Witch. No, she’s a Satan-worshipping, wicked witch through and through, and is quite happy about it until she catches Lucifer in bed with her sister. Then it’s off to Witches Anonymous and a renouncing of her powers for Amy. When she meets sexy firefighter Adam Foster, Amy figures he’s a delicious compliment to her new, normal lifestyle.

But the devil...more
Marlene
Witches Anonymous, by Misty Evans, is almost as deliciously tempting as the Dove chocolate square that the main character keeps promising herself if she manages to resist all of the other temptations that keep getting thrown her way. Poor Amy, most of us find Dove chocolate difficult enough to resist!

Amy Atwood is the witch in Witches Anonymous, and we meet her as she is about to attend her first meeting of the self-help group. Yes, WA is modeled on AA, complete with 12-step program. Amy used to...more
Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)
This was a really fun novella! Smoking hot for a short read, but definitely grabbed my attention and the vice-like grip didn't let up until the very end! I devoured it! I wasn't sure what to expect going in. The premise really had me hooked when Misty asked me to review it and when I finally opened it up, I was beating myself over the head for not putting it on top of the pile.

There are some yummy guys in this novella. Adam and Luc (aka The Devil aka Lucifer). Two delicious men, opposites of eac...more
Catherine Coffman
Amy Atwood sold her soul to the Devil a long time ago… But when she finds Lucifer seducing her sister, she decides to go “normal” cold turkey, and joins Witches Anonymous. Unfortunately, while her promise to never use witchcraft again is sincere, no one else seems to have a problem with trying to manipulate her into using her powers.

I loved how this book took a completely normal and almost mundane dynamic (sisters fighting over the same guy anyone?) and made it something unique and different – a...more
Felicia
What I LOVED/LIKED: This book was a really cute read. Believe it or not it included Adam (yes that Adam), Luc (Lucifer), Gabriel (yep that one), and Amy (what you thought I would save Eve?). It was a clever, quick read with a pretty good little message to boot: You are responsible for your own choices: good and evil.

What I thought was So-So: The evil sister thing just isn't my cup of tea but it really didn't distract from the story.

Why I gave it a 3: It was a quick read and like I do with most...more
Tara SG
* * 1/2

--This book in 6 words:

good storyline too rushed missing heat

--Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I came across this via Felicia @ Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog (she gave it 3 stars). It was a quick read to a fault. While I enjoyed the overall storyline, I could help but finish it wishing I had more time to spend with the characters. I don’t want to go into the plot too much because even though it is fairly predictable I don’t want to give anything away.

I liked Amy and Luc and even Adam...more
Michelle
I was looking forward to a light, enjoyable read, but not this light! I felt a little cheated since I was looking for a novel, and what I ended up with was a short story.

The plot is cute, the characters are fun, and the style is terrific, but there is so much missing backstory that the reader is left scratching her head since very little is explained. I felt as if I was dropped into the middle of an ongoing drama, yet this is the very first book in the series. Also, the plot moves so quickly tha...more
Melissa
My Review

This was a quick, fun and sexy read! I was aware that it was a novella before I started reading it so I was not expecting a lot of history on the characters. Ms. Evans easily draws the reader in with her humor and sexy men in the story, albeit one of which is the devil. All the characters were unique and fun in their own ways. The more I read the more I found myself wanting more. I highly recommend this book to those that are looking for a light, quick and truly entertaining read!

My Rat...more
Julie Swarth
I got turned onto this series by a friend. Can you tell I just got a Kindle for Christmas? Lol. I liked it. The main character Amy is a hoot. She's trying to stop her witchy ways with a 12 step program. She's lovable and loyal, everything you want your heroine to be. And she's got two men to choose from. Who wouldn't want that? I knew it was a novella when I bought it, but I really wish it was a little longer like a series length book. Otherwise, it was a great find. I'll definitely read the res...more
Krista

Ana
Vanessa
This was a fun light read, although I felt the plot was too rushed, and I KNEW WHO ADAM WAS THE MOMENT HE COMMENTED ON THE FIG LEAVES.
This book would be more interesting if the plot was given time to develop.
There are quite a number of loose threads that didn't made me quite annoyed, so thus the three stars.
Although I have to ask- Where did Amy have to go to find the Witches Anonymous meeting? hmmmmm, queer...
Amy R
This was a fun book. I don't normally enjoy the paranormal romance books, but I like other books by Misty Evans so I thought I would try this series out. I love all the Bible references in this book. It was a fun, cute, clean, romantic read and I plan to read the rest of the series!
Vicki
I couldn't finish the book. There was no real adventure or conflict. Nothing to hold the interest of this reader. I had to move on. Other books to read. I apologize to the author. It may just be that I'm not really into your topic. However, I did like other books along that genre. Maybe I'll just put it aside and pick it up again. Maybe it was my mood.
Rachel Maloney
I'm undulating here between 1-2 stars. It was sooo short (basically a short story), and the plot was choppy and a bit confusing, but it was also funny at times and a little unpredictable. So I guess I'm saying... read at your own risk?
Michelle Miles
I love this story. It's full of fun moments with a heroine you just adore from the very first page. If you like wicked good fun, you'll love this book. Misty is a rising star and an author to keep your eye on!
Anne-claire
It's an okay book, typical chick-lit. One of which you need to read once in a while.

And ladies, having Lucifer telling you he loves you is absolutely delicious... llike chocolate ;)
Louise
this wasn't very good. Too much plot crammed into too little text. also neither main character was particularly interestingly, and the remaining cast was a joke.
Kimmarie
Fun and Light Novella's I'm usually not a short story type of girl. But these are REALLY fun and well written - I don't feel cheated from the story at all.
Katherine
This was a short read, it was cute and quirky. Nothing special I would want to search out the author for in anything else.
Beth
I loved the book but it was too short I would of liked to explore the characters in more depth get to know them better.
Mary Gertz
really fun book to read about witches!
  • Entangled
  • The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant (Karmic Consultants, #1)
  • To Love a Witch (Novel Nibbles)
  • Caught Forever Between (Hoodoo, #2.5)
  • Sebastian: Secrets (Sebastian, #1)
  • Ink, Red, Dead (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #3)
  • Apocalypse Happens (Phoenix Chronicles, #3)
  • A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge
  • Bought (The Auction, #2)
  • The Dark God's Bride (The Dark God's Bride, #2)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Heavenly Hell (Heavenly Hell, #1)
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Heaven to Wudang (Journey to Wudang #3)
  • Blood Prophecy: Kallen's Tale  (Witch Fairy, #2.5)
  • Dirty Secrets (Romantic Suspense, #4.5)
  • Moon of the Terrible (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #3)
USA Today Bestselling Author Misty Evans writes the award-winning Super Agent series as well as urban fantasy and paranormal romance. She likes her coffee black, her conspiracy theories juicy, and her wicked characters dressed in couture. When her muse lets her on the internet to play, she’s on Facebook and Twitter. Read more about her stories at www.readmistyevans.com.

website: http://www.readmis...more
More about Misty Evans...
Operation Sheba (Super Agent, #1) Revenge is Sweet (Kali Sweet, #1) Deadly Pursuit (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #1) Stealing Justice (Justice Team, #1) Jingle Hells (Witches Anonymous, #2)