Start by marking “Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2)

Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  3,180 Ratings  ·  259 Reviews
Serving justice . . . and lunch!

Lunch Lady can sniff out something rotten like no one else—and there’s definitely something rotten going on in the library. The usually friendly librarians have become cold and secretive. Even Dee can’t seem to crack a smile out of them. What darkness may lurk in the hearts of librarians? Lunch Lady is on the case! And Hector, Terrence, and
Published July 28th 2009 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians

Alicia
Sep 24, 2009 Alicia rated it it was ok
I do not hate video games. I am not an evil librarian. Despite these blasphemous implications, I will recommend this book to second and third graders who enjoy graphic novels or would like to give one a try. Also, I will advise having snacks on hand. This book made me hungry.
Tricia
Finally! A book series that dismantles the common stereotypes of lunch ladies (except maybe those that would prefer to be called "cafeteria workers") as mean, horrid, child-hating purveyors of slop and doom. (Although gravy on pizza? Gravy on french fries? I hate gravy. Something must be done about that part.) Of course, pretty much every other adult in the school ends up in their stereotypical role (except the math teacher - would a math teacher really be in the running for most popular teacher ...more
Mary Ann
Action! Silliness! Pictures galore! It's no wonder that comic books and graphic novels are a big hit with kids. We've loved how authors artists are creating fun graphic stories for younger readers. This new series will find many fans among 1st through 3rd graders looking for a fun adventure in their comics.

In this second book of the series, our secret crime-fighting duo takes on the evil schemes of the school librarians. Kids will love the plot, as the librarians try to destroy all video games a
NicoleLynn (PopCrunchBoom)
Aug 13, 2016 NicoleLynn (PopCrunchBoom) rated it it was amazing
This is 5 stars because of the librarians
Terris
Jun 09, 2017 Terris rated it liked it
I needed to read a graphic novel for a Bingo challenge at our local library and I chose this one -- it was a fun read!
In this story the local librarians have formed the League of Librarians and that turns out to be a bad thing. So the Lunch Lady and a few kids from the school must come to the rescue. All very exciting! I can see how Grades 3-5 would eat this up :)
Sarri
Oikeudenpuolustajakeittäjättären seikkailut jatkuvat. Tämä jätti allekirjoittaneen melko kylmäksi, sillä en aivan pitänyt siitä asenteesta, millä kirjastonhoitajat oli tarinaan laitettu. Mutta kyllä tämä varmaan joitakuita huvittanee.
Wandering Librarians
Something strange is going on with the librarians. And it involves the Book Fair and the new X-Station 5000! Luckily, Lunch Lady, her trusty sidekick Betty and the Breakfast Bunch are on the case!

Adorable. Hysterical. I love the Lunch Lady series. I love the gadgets Betty makes, like the Taco-vision Night Goggles and Sonic-Boom Juice Boxes. Lunch Lady is dedicated to fighting crime, but doesn't let that get in the way of her duties as a lunch lady.

One problem: It sort of made me sad that even in
Alicia
Sep 26, 2009 Alicia rated it it was amazing
While some librarians might take umbrage with Krosoczka's depiction of librarians as mean and evil "shusher", I loved this book. Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians is one of two books in the Lunch Lady graphic novel series (two more books will be coming out in the next few months). In The League of Librarians the Lunch Lady and her sidekick Betty, who are undercover crime fighters, must foil the League of Librarians' plans to destroy a shipment of the newest video game consoles and games. W ...more
Inge
Nov 24, 2009 Inge rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels, kids
I will be the absolute first to agree that much darkness lurks in the hearts of librarians, but this second installment left me with a whole lot of "meh". The angry, crotchety librarian stereotype can be pretty funny, if executed properly. But a league of librarians trying to keep kids away from video games? Many libraries have gaming programs. Mine is one of them. We are NOT in the minority, which made this graphic novel feel a little out of touch.
I adored all the pun-ny humor and all of the lu
KerriRowland
Nov 07, 2013 KerriRowland rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians by Jarret J. Krosoczka is a cute and easy read for grades two through four. The staff in the library is mean and insensitive to the children of the school. The students suspect something is going on when they see all the library staff plotting together one day. The students involve the lunch lady when they discover the staff is trying to take away all the video games. The lunch lady saves the day.

I prefer this to the Babymouse book. I don’t think this has
Raina
Dec 18, 2009 Raina rated it liked it
Shelves: j, graphicnovel, funny
Second adventure of our hero, the undercover lunch lady. In this volume, she defeats the league of librarians in their quest to rid the world of video games. A few digs at librarians (or librarian stereotypes), and oh so very fun.
Jim
May 03, 2010 Jim rated it it was amazing
librarians wanting to take over the world, yet they call it fiction? the librarians are the evil doers in this book, but i was rooting for them. i bought the book.
series recommended by www.unshelved.com
Abi
Mar 19, 2012 Abi rated it liked it
Another fun installment of the Lunch Lady graphic novel series! I liked the new layers added and the importance of books (for good or for evil...) in this installment.
Kaitlin
Dear Ali,
I promise I will stop reading these now. I needed something to read over lunch the other day and I couldn't help myself.

Love,
Katie
Kacy
Feb 17, 2016 Kacy rated it liked it
funny
Donalyn
Mar 15, 2010 Donalyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
The negative messages about reading really bugged me. I was rooting for the librarians!
W.H. Beck
Sep 28, 2009 W.H. Beck rated it liked it
This new series is going to be popular at my library--a lunch lady superhero who uses food and cooking utensils as gadgets to defeat the bad guys!
Mary Lee
Jan 24, 2010 Mary Lee rated it liked it
Oh, those evil librarians who want to get rid of all the video games in the world! They can learn a thing or two from Lunch Lady!
Linwuschotmail.Com
Feb 23, 2017 Linwuschotmail.Com rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Krosoczka, Jarrett. Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians. New York: Random House Inc., 2009.

Character : Lunch Lady, the superhero; Betty, Lunch Lady’s sidekick; Breakfast Bunch students: Dee, Hector, and Terrence; Villain librarians: Mrs. Page, Vivian, Edna, Jane

Setting: On a school campus

Theme: good vs. evil

Plot/Summary: This funny graphic novel series is about two Lunch Ladies who are also secret crime fighters. In this episode, Mrs. Page, the school librarian is acting strange lately with
Katie Claussen
Read this book with my reading buddy (4th grade). She loved it, and she can't wait to read the next one. This is a great book for reluctant readers and those who struggle reading. (2-5th grade). A silly book as well as a little suspenseful.
Aterra Lowe
Quick easy read. I was looking for easier reads for middle school students that would be high interest, and this wouldn't be one. Reading level is good for a low reader, but it won't hold the attention of a 6th or 7th grader. Probably a great read for early elementary.
Mom2triplets04
Read this for #mglit. It's a cute graphic novel made for elementary school children. This one takes place at a book fair and the librarians are doing something illegal. I didn't find it as fun as the first book but still an enjoyable read.
Debbie
May 08, 2017 Debbie rated it liked it
Lunch Lady, book 2.

For fans of Captain Underpants who suspect that their school lunch lady just might be a secret superhero.

I was torn on this one--I kind of wanted to join the League of Librarians. I have a hard time seeing librarians who want kids to read more as the bad guys.
Kelsey
Mar 17, 2017 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Evil librarians, magical books, and book puns galore! What more do you need?
Lauren Moses
Mar 07, 2017 Lauren Moses rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-s-lit
Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians is book 2 of the Lunch Lady graphic novel series. When I first started reading this book I was quite skeptical because I had never read a graphic novel before. I was pleasantly surprised once I began reading at how much I actually enjoyed the book. It took me a few pages to get the hang of the graphic novel style and which section you read after the first. Despite my slight confusion at the beginning I found the rest of it to be a very quick and easy read. ...more
Eli Ramirez
Mar 04, 2017 Eli Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Un còmic on surten bibliotecaris? Obviàment li poso 5 estrelles xD!
Katie Fitzgerald
The Lunch Lady series is so popular at my library, they’re almost never checked in. To read them, I had to put myself on the ILL list and wait for copies to be returned. Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians is both the first one that I read, and - for obvious reasons - my favorite.

In this adventure, the school librarian, Rhonda Page, is preparing for the book fair, and she won’t allow any students in the library while she sets up. As it turns out, this is because she is in a secret meeting wi
Kay Ray
May 01, 2013 Kay Ray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-talk
This is a book that elementary students will enjoy reading, not only from the story line, and pictures but because they might suspect something similar is happening in their very own school!! We met a group that called themselves the Breakfast Bunch. They were attending a book fair to get the new x-station 5000 game system. However they get suspicions and think the librarians are up to something fishy so they decide to investigate. When not serving up French fries and gravy to students, Lunch La ...more
Dustin Roberts
Feb 14, 2012 Dustin Roberts rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Dee, Hector, and Terrence, known as the Breakfast Bunch, are all set for the upcoming book fair, not to mention the release of the new "x-station 5000" game system. When Dee senses something peculiar is going on with the school librarians, she wants to investigate. The Lunch Lady, a secret crime-fighting hero, and her sidekick/co-worker Betty over hear the children's suspicions, only confirming their own. When the spying strategies of the Lunch Lady and Betty are a success they discover that the ...more
Cheryl Wright
Nov 05, 2012 Cheryl Wright rated it liked it
1. Genre: Graphic Novel
2. Summary: Lunch Lady suspects something strange is going on in the school library. The librarian, who was typically a nice person, has become less friendly and appears to be hiding something. Determined to get down to the bottom of her mysterious behavior, Lunch Lady along with her sidekick Betty decide to investigate.
3. Critique:
(a.) Color choice for illustrations
(b.) In this book, a little is better than a lot. Although this book is limited to black, white, grey, and
  • Brave New Pond (Squish, #2)
  • And Then There Were Gnomes
  • Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Menace (Frankie Pickle, #3)
  • Fashion Kitty
  • The Battling Bands (Knights of the Lunch Table, #3)
  • Owly, Vol. 5: Tiny Tales (Owly, #5)
studiojjk.com
punkfarm.com
lunchladycomics.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarrett J. Krosoczka used to be a goofy kid that liked to draw. Now, he is a published author/illustrator with many books to his credit. Growing up in Worcester, MA Jarrett drew relentlessly and always had a cast of characters that he wrote stories for. In 9th grade, Jarrett won a contest with The Worcester Telegram & Ga
More about Jarrett J. Krosoczka...

Lunch Lady (10 books)
  • Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute (Lunch Lady, #1)
  • Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3)
  • Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Lunch Lady, #4)
  • Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5)
  • Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Fiasco (Lunch Lady, #6)
  • Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)
  • Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril (Lunch Lady, #8)
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle (Lunch Lady, #10)