Start by marking “Feltique: Techniques and Projects for Wet Felting, Needle Felting, Fulling, and Working with Commercial Felt” as Want to Read:

What can you make from felt? What can’t you make from felt! Feltique shows you step by step how to master this versatile material. In one simple guide, you’ll have everything at your fingertips to create charming projects using a variety of felting techniques: wet felting, needle felting, fulling, and sewing commercial felt.
You’ll learn:
•Wet felting, a process involving he
Published May 19th 2009 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Feltique, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feltique

jess
Jul 26, 2009 jess rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, craft
This hardcover, colorful book is a great introduction to working with felt. There are sections on wet felting, needle felting, commercial felt, natural fibers, acrylic fibers, and various projects incorporating each of these techniques - and then some projects that combine multiple felt techniques. The projects are pretty cute, mostly. There are several good basic templates you could take in a lot of directions. The instructions are clear and they make sense. I would probably check this out from ...more
Jo
Beautiful photos and nice variety of projects. Although the various techniques for felting are explained, they are not explained in detail or with stepped out instructions - more of a refresher than an intro for beginners. The specific projects are varied & numerous but again most of them are self described as intermediate or advanced and a few require specialty equipment (like a die cutter) to be accomplished properly. Recommended for those already familiar with felting as beginners may ...more
Emily
Apr 08, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
I'm new to felting, and haven't actually done anything yet. These instructions look pretty clear, and there are projects I might try. I'm still not seeing a whole lot on the kind of needle felting I want to do, though, which is on basically flat surfaces,not free form. The projects I may make are the dog coat on page 29, the mittens on page 117, and the cap on page 119.
Andrea Paterson
Dec 15, 2011 Andrea Paterson rated it it was ok
Not what I was hoping for based on the reviews. I found that this book required you to use a ridiculous amount of materials for what should have been simple projects. The saving grace was a fairly decent tutorial on basic wet felting which I found useful, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend this as a felting primer.
Marsha
Jul 11, 2011 Marsha rated it liked it
The projects seemed very do-able and that's huge since I don't know a thing about feltique. Mother wanted to make some cup cozies for Christmas presents. This book had a pattern that seemed within our capabilities.
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2009
Michelle Hansendaberkow
Michelle Hansendaberkow rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Kathi
Kathi rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2011
Leah
Leah rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2013
Aki
Aki rated it it was ok
May 14, 2016
Amy
Jan 17, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
Great projects for all levels of crafters.
Janie Zekkou
Janie Zekkou rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Leila-Amiirah
Leila-Amiirah rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2009
Aldene
Aldene rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Karen Wyon
Karen Wyon rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Hexad Studio
Hexad Studio rated it it was ok
May 14, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Ariana
Ariana rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Toni Prekker
Toni Prekker rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2015
Jodi Anderson
Jodi Anderson rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2011
Janelle
Janelle rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Traci Sumner
Traci Sumner rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Meagan
Meagan rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2010
Mandy
Aug 17, 2010 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts
Do I want to make my own felted mary janes? yes. yes I do. Also has quick easy projects.
Patti
Patti rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2009
Meta
Meta rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2011