Start by marking “The Big Potty Book” as Want to Read:
The Big Potty Book

The Big Potty Book

2.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Everybody needs to use the potty, including Josh and all the animals. Some need one for their big bottom, while others need one for their thin bottom. Some need one for their green bottom, while others need one for their furry bottom. Josh needs one for his bare bottom—well done, Josh! This book makes potty time a fun, pressurefree activity.
Board Book, 20 pages
Published April 1st 2009 by Clavis (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Potty Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Potty Book

Dettie Leestafel
Het boek is 10 jaar geleden uitgebracht en is nu nog steeds geliefd en inmiddels een van Genechtens succesvolste prentenboeken gebleken. Daarom is het nu als klassieker op groot formaat herdrukt.

Het waarom van dat succes is goed te begrijpen. In dit boek zien we namelijk, verspreid over de eerste twee bladzijdes, paginagroot, kleine Jos afgebeeld die een plasje moet doen. Het jochie heeft een leuke, olijke snoet. Het mooie rode potje staat naast hem en Jos roept om zijn mama, zij moet hem even
Heather
Mar 01, 2015 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
We read "The Big Potty Book", the board book version of this book. Simply book about everyone going potty. If read with different voice you can get some pretty good laughs... After all there are some big bottoms on some tiny potties. If you can't laugh about bodily functions.... Well then you are just reading a book about pee and poop.
Athena
Oct 10, 2014 Athena rated it it was ok
All these different animals take turns sitting on the same small red little kid potty. Well, I like animals, and the style of the pictures was neat, like you could see newsprint peeking out from under the paints, but I probably won't check it out from the library again, or even remember reading it.
Milo
Dec 23, 2012 Milo rated it really liked it
Recommended to Milo by: Found it at the library.
**UPDATE** Now I am potty trained. I think that this book played a role in getting me ready to use the potty. Mama and Papa checked it out again for me to read.

Even though I am not ready for potty training, I love to sit on my frog potty and read this book. When we get to the elephant sitting with a "thump", I sit down with a thump too. I love to grab the book and say, "Mama, it's potty time!" When Papa reads the book he does funny voices for each of the animals. This makes me smile. I call the
Mindy
May 14, 2009 Mindy rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
At first glance, I thought this book was about how everyone finds a potty that is "just right." At least that's the impression I got from the product description on Amazon. But it's actually a silly comedy in which big animals are on small potties and small animals are on big potties. Kids would probably find it funny, but I'm not sure my starting-to-potty-train toddler would get it yet. Disappointing, since it's kinda cute.
Alley Denney
This was an interesting children's book. I'm not really sure what to think about it. It was mainly pictures but it stressed the idea that everyone is big or small and uses different sizes of potties when they use the bathroom. I would use caution when reading this book to a class. They must be a very young group that has just started to learn about reading, their alphabet, etc.
Tanika
Apr 16, 2011 Tanika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: potty
This book is about a lot of animals and a boy named Joe who all went to the potty. I think it would be an interesting book for beginners to read. It makes a child feel like if everyone and everything is going to the potty, then why not me. Good for preschoolers.
Dylan Reisz
Big elephant butts on little potties and teeny mice butts on big potties, etc. Actually, the potty stays the same size. It's the perfect size for Joe. Not a very exciting book, but it helps pass a little time.
Kate
Apr 16, 2013 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storytime
I loved this book. Again, I'll be using this as part of a French storytime book to help kids get used to basic French vocabulary. I was initially squeamish about the subject matter but I got over it. Cute.
Amber Pangburn
This is a book about going to the bathroom. I would use this in a preschool setting to show that it is important to go to the bathroom on a toliet.
Samantha Shank
Read this to a 2 year-old who likes animals today. If you have a stubborn toddler who likes animals, this may be good.
DuPar
Oct 21, 2012 DuPar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: potty-books
Another simple potty favorite at 2. Many animals try to use the potty, but the potty is the perfect size for Joe.
Adele
Sep 05, 2011 Adele rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a potty for every bottom. Good job, Joe.
Kelly
Apr 01, 2013 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
There are a lot of bottoms in this book.
Hanne
Hanne added it
Jul 28, 2016
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Aaliyah Hopkins
Aaliyah Hopkins rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Apr 04, 2016
Clémence
Clémence rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Shayna Stanfield
Shayna Stanfield rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Tracey
Tracey added it
Nov 16, 2015
Florie
Florie rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Guido Van Genechten is een Vlaamse schrijver en illustrator.

Guido Van Genechten in de Nederlandstalige Wikipedia

Guido Van Genechten is a Flemish writer and illustrator.
More about Guido Van Genechten...