Start by marking “Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #1-4)

Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars #1-4)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  5,653 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Among the mega mansions and perfectly manicured hedges of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, everyone has something to hide—especially four very pretty little liars.

High school juniors Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and Emily have been keeping secrets ever since their best friend, Alison DiLaurentis, disappeared three years ago. But when the girls begin receiving threatening notes from someon
Published October 27th 2009 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Little Liars Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Little Liars Box Set

Erin
Aug 27, 2010 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
I'm a 21 year old, English Lit major who's read Joyce's Ulysses to Milton's Paradise Lost and a million things in between. Yet, the Pretty Little Liars Series blew my mind. I'm not giving them any awards for literary merit or characterization, but the plot is truly unique and captivating until the very end. I was sucked in from the very first page and was eventually screaming "Who's A?!?!"
Sara Shepard definitely has a talent. She clearly put a lot of thought into the course of these novels a
Kat
Oct 20, 2011 Kat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Ages 14 and above, Mystery readers
Let's just say I have a very fickle relationship with this series. I could be frowning and despising it, then hurriedly getting the next book in a second. For one thing, there are a number of instances when the characters get on the edge of my nerves and irritate me. I'm not referring to the protagonists alone, but even the adults (No doubt with their immaturity, especially in neglecting their children and throwing those occasional trivial tantrums to their own kids).
Yet what made me give it a n
Rinoa Heartilly
Farfetched? Pretty much. Shallow? Kind of. Awesome? Totally.

The reason I gave these books 5 stars is that they sucked me in from the first page on. I learned to love every single one of the "pretty little liars", from sweet Emily over creative Aria and smart Spencer to "it girl" Hanna. Ali grew on me too, even though she was (probably)only in the flashbacks By the end of Pretty Little Liars, I found myself really invested in those characters, their problems and also the mystery of "A", although
Jzcotter03
I actually read books 1-8 but the whole series deserves one review. This is the story of four girls growing up in the affluent town of Rosewood, PA and the search for the truth behind the murder of their fifth best friend. I enjoyed the suspense and mystery involved in the series but didn't feel like all the loose ends were tied together in the end. Perhaps that is why the author is writing more books for the series. I honestly would have been perfectly happy with the ending in book 4 when every ...more
Mariel
These first books were enveloped in secrets, mystery and backstabbing. They were beautiful books, yet the fourth book was the most explosive of all. It was shocking and really open about some of the secrets from the three previous books. Note, I said SOME. Some still remain as mysteries, like who killed Ali? Is Ian truly the killer? What if someone else was coming after these liars. Well, Shepard has one answer to that.

Book 6- who the hell knows, she can stretch the story so far that it's hard t
Ashley
I loved Pretty Little Liars. Although the plot for it is slightly cheesy and childish, the way Sarah Shepard writes the series is surprising.
The books are written very well and they are relateable. They combine everything most teen girls want in a book: mystery, suspense, fantasy, romance, and inseperable friendship. Although the books aren't very good in the beginning, as you keep reading them they start to grow on you. I would suggest reading Pretty Little Liars!
Mumbojumbo Kumumjo
Jun 05, 2009 Mumbojumbo Kumumjo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody!!!
Recommended to Mumbojumbo by: Me
Hollie Smith
I actually read the first four books years ago, but recently a few friends and I decided to listen to the audio books. We listened to about three and a half of the novels and stopped. I seriously cannot stress how terribly written these books are. One thing in particular about the writing style that annoyed me is that a brand name is listed before almost any article of clothing, car, phone, etc. It didn't help that the girl reading the books had the strangest, most annoying inflections in her vo ...more
Carrol
I don't know what exactly keeps me reading these books. The chapters jump from character to character, sometimes leading to a bit of confusion for my aging brain. The word choice is simple and does not encourage much introspective thought while reading. And the characters themselves can be anything but lovable.

However...

The storyline! What an expertly woven chain of events showing action and consequence. The intrigue of knowing and then not knowing who "A" is. The incredibly stupid decisions th
Aggy
so, i watched the tv series first, what's the big deal?

the tv series are compromising, thrilling, make you feel curious in a way you waited crazily only for an episode to pop up. but the books?
i can't say i love the books more than the tv show. bad thing is; the books isn't nearly as good as the tv show--it was filled with boring details, boring storyline, not nearly as much as fun as the tv show was. but indeed; it's still a good reading because i can't put this book off until i finished them.
Bethany Glenn etheridge
This series follows a privileged group of teenagers through their days at Rosewood day. Each girl has their secrets, each dealing with a difficult problem. This book by having so many characters, deals with nearly every major issue teen girls have. The books jump around alot, often having you as the reader, realizing plot points before the characters. Interesting series, things were slightly more serious that I had planned for series written for young girls. The book opens with one girl missing, ...more
Anna
Aug 27, 2014 Anna marked it as to-read
does anyone know when season 5 is going to be out on netflix
Tori
Ok, I love this TV series... It's juvenile, shallow and a complete waste of time, but I love it!

The books are quite different from the show, but still have that same addictive quality. I will undoubtedly continue on through the series at some point.

My biggest complaint... Book #1 was NOT for a YA audience. The language was was horrible and the whole focus of the book was sex. Considering that YA readers usually start around 11 or 12, that was crazy. I'm sure that the author (or publisher) rece
Nadeen
iiii lloooovvveee tthhiiss book
Whitney
Loved it so much!!!! So interesting!!!
lisa_mrb
I love this series. I wanted to start reading this series because my sister was reading it. We love reading the same types of books and so I knew I was going to like it. This series is definitely an easy read, but very interesting from the first page. It grabs you and makes you not want to put the book down. If I wasn't working and going to school while taking care of my two children, I would have finished the first four books in one week or less. I would highly recommend reading this series. Ve ...more
Korra
I loved them!
مريم فريد
This is The one and only book series that I will always recommend people to read
it's a MUST MUST MUST!!
you know how you read books and reach a point where you just can't close it until you get to the end, well this is just like that but you will start turning from the first page and won't stop until you are done with the 8th part!!
if there is a book to read , it's this one!
start with the first part and I bet you won't stop till the whole series is over!
Highly addicted!
Vonnie
I loved the television series and decided to give the books a try. I love how each chapter is from a different perspective and how the plot is laid out to suck you right in. As the books continue, they get more and more complex and intriguing. They can be a little cheesy at times and frustrating when they don't let you in on "all the details right away" but that is part of the reason why you continue to read on because you want to gather all of the facts. I couldn't wait to pick up the next set!
Martii
Los cuatro primeros me gustaron mucho porque te mantienen atrapada e integrada en la historia.

Nai
I actually only red three out of the-- what, seven?-- book series, but I never lost interest in the characters. I continued to follow the intriguing tale of Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily in the ABC Family TV series. Like most TV series based off book series, the show took some pretty daring twists and turns of its own, branching off in different directions. I love both the depth of the TV series and the ever-darkening truth of the books. This series is a MUST READ!!
Annalisa
Libro veloce da leggere e carino, ma niente di così speciale.
Holly
OMG I must admit I love this series! I'm so excited the last one came out, and I can't wait to buy it! This series is so surprising and suspenseful! On average, it takes me 1-2 days to finish one of the books because of how much I can't put them down! Kinda sad that the TV Series is ENTIRELY different. :( But if you like the TV show, you'll fall madly in love with the books, so MUCH better!
Stephanie Labelle
This set of books really amazing! Teens and young adults will love these books. Even if you have seen the t.v series or is currently watching it, you still love the same characters in this book even if the adventures they undergo are different from the series. Basically, I loved all four, discovering how scary, malicious and manipulative this mysterious "-A" they talk about is...
Stacey Avis
Anne Glania
So, I watched the tv series first... bad idea.

The tv series are compromising, thrilling, make you feel curious in a way you waited crazily only for an episode to pop up, but the books?
Bad thing is; the books isn't nearly as good as the tv show. It was filled with boring details, boring storyline, not nearly as much as fun as the tv show was...
Marissa V
these books are all amazing. These books are about 5 girls who where best friends and one night one of them gets lost her names Allison. Now Allison new all there secrets and when she diapered that night they never found her body. Until 3 years later in her backyard. For the rest of this story you'll just have to read it your self!
Rihanna Nadeem
( Even though this is only 1-4, im just gonna speak for the series overall ) Overall, it was a fun and witty with some suspense. It was a fun read, and ill admit, the ending got a bit carried away with imagination of the series, but you know, it was interesting, funny, suspenseful, and really good :)
Victorious
I finished all 8 books in the Pretty Little Liars series in about 2 weeks- they were terribly addictive. Though somewhat flaky and hardly character-driven, these books were an instant guilty pleasure that looked into the lives of 5 spoiled girls living in the heart of Main Line Philadelphia.
I love this series! 2 3 Dec 28, 2011 10:14PM
  • Sarah Dessen Gift Set
  • The Clique Set (The Clique, #1-8)
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • Gallagher Girls Boxed Set (Gallagher Girls, #1-3)
  • Uglies, The Collector's Set (Uglies, #1-4)
  • A Private Collection (Private, #1-4)
  • Justin Bieber: The Unauthorized Biography
  • The Complete Gossip Girl Series (Gossip Girl, #1-11, Prequel)
  • Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1)
  • Spike vs. Dracula
  • The Pub Across The Pond
  • Fleischerhaus
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed (House of Night, #1-4)
  • Blue Bloods 3-Book Boxed Set (Blue Bloods, #1-3)
  • The Daughters Break the Rules (The Daughters, #2)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3) Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4) Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)

“That's immortality my darlings" Spencer said.” 117 likes