Start by marking “In the Footsteps of Paul” as Want to Read:
In the Footsteps of Paul

In the Footsteps of Paul

Follow a trailblazer's path and see for yourself all the places that Paul visited . . .

Paul's missionary journeys are much more than mere dotted lines on rough maps at the back of your Bible. His travels changed the world, and when you, too, follow In the Footsteps of Paul, you'll experience those amazing journeys more powerfully than ever. The lens of renowned photograph
Published March 17th 2009 by Thomas Nelson (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about In the Footsteps of Paul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Footsteps of Paul

James Korsmo
In the Footsteps of Paul is a beautiful gift book that chronicles the life and ministry of Paul. The book is a mixture of photographs interspersed with quotations from Acts, brief reflections from Duncan, and quotations from well-known authors. Following the Acts narrative, the book weaves together the story of Paul's life both in word and picture. The images—mostly of landscapes and sites, but sprinkled with artifacts, and artwork—are of exceptional quality, and give life to the narrative. A ...more
Ruth
Mar 26, 2009 Ruth rated it really liked it
In the Footsteps of Paul is a beautiful coffee table book(or as the publisher refers to it, “gift book”) which combines photography and scripture. The author follows the journeys of St. Paul using the Act of the Apostles as his source material. The two page spreads generally begin with a quotation from Acts and have two (but sometimes one, or more) photographs showing the area referenced. There is also usually some narration by the author or a quote from someone famous.

The photography is absolu
Susan
Mar 18, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
In the Footsteps of Paul: Experience the Journey That Changed the World is beautiful. It's a "coffee table" type book - mainly photos, but with text also. It follows Paul's life from his days as Saul until his death.

It's full of wonderful photos of places he visited, and each page also has Biblical text to go along with the photo, and also other quotes from John Piper, Billy Graham, and others.

It helps Paul's journeys come alive, much more than they do when you look at the little red- and blue-d
Michael Brown
Apr 18, 2009 Michael Brown rated it liked it
In the Footsteps of Paul by Ken Duncan is a good coffee table book. As many have said before there is not much writing to this book but the photographs that Mr. Duncan has take are breath taking. It make me want to travel to the land of Paul and visit the sites. It brings to life some of the major places in Paul's life and ministry. You can easily imagine in your mind's eye Paul walking down the roads, sailing into the harbors, preaching the gospel to the crowds in the different city and ...more
Erin
Apr 30, 2009 Erin rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to review this book and I must say I’ve taken quite a bit away from it in my own walk with God. Some may say this is a great coffee table book (of which it is) filled with majestic pictures taken by renowned photographer Ken Duncan. It is an easy book just to pick up and flip through taking in the majestic artistic scenes from Paul’s journey in his life.

This books is what the title claims, it’s taking us in the footsteps of Paul as mush as it possibly can. Filled with beaut
Donna
Apr 10, 2009 Donna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone contemplating a spiritual journey
In the Footsteps of Paul, Duncan follows the footsteps of the apostle St. Paul, whom Duncan calls "one of the greatest examples of what it is to be a Christain." Duncan sets out to follow St. Paul's travels in Acts closely and bring them to life on film. I think he has succeeded in his quest.

The opening photo of the Old Roman Road, with brilliant red poppies growing through cracks in stones, sets the stage for St. Paul's journey. "I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia . . ." (Acts 22:3)

So
Jennifer Defoy
Mar 24, 2009 Jennifer Defoy rated it really liked it
I loved this book. The pictures alone would have made a great book, but the descriptions and the "story" behind the pictures gave them that much more meaning. Seeing places that Paul traveled during his many journeys was sort of surreal. I think that Ken Duncan should be awarded for his ability to capture the scenes of these places in a way that portrays that enormous role they played in the bible.

Being that I don't have an intimate knowledge of Paul's travels I thought that I may be a little l
Dennis Ticen
Feb 02, 2016 Dennis Ticen rated it it was ok
I made the mistake of tying to read the ebook version of this. Pictures are too small but beyond that, the formatting is absolutely horrible. Words are broken and the text can at times be nearly impossible to read. If you want this book, avoid the ebook version. You'll be better off.
June Lovell
June Lovell rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Viero
Viero rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Keith Lozon
Keith Lozon rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Janet Reeves
Janet Reeves rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Thomas Madachik
Thomas Madachik rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Vivian
Vivian rated it really liked it
May 12, 2009
Linda B
Linda B rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2009
Kl
Kl rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
ToniMerie
ToniMerie rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2009
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2010
Zeina
Zeina marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2011
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Becky B
Becky B marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Joey Kuras
Joey Kuras marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Linda
Linda added it
Mar 25, 2014
James Milford
James Milford marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Andy Kelly
Andy Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Tyler J. Collins
Tyler J. Collins marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016