Start by marking “My Cousin Caroline (The Pemberley Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
My Cousin Caroline (The Pemberley Chronicles, #6)

My Cousin Caroline (The Pemberley Chronicles #6)

Sixth in the bestselling Jane Austen sequel series from Australia

In this installment of The Pemberley Chronicles series, Mr. Darcy's cousin Colonel Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth's cousin Caroline Gardiner take center stage.

The daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner, Caroline develops from a pretty young girl into a woman of intelligence and passion, embodying some of Austen's own v
Published September 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published October 2001)

To ask other readers questions about My Cousin Caroline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Cousin Caroline

Gaby
Aug 25, 2009 Gaby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, summer-reading
Synopsis:

My Cousin Caroline builds on two well liked characters in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Colonel Fitzwilliam, cousin to Fitzwilliam Darcy, who had been portrayed as an agreeable and attractive gentleman who only lacked wealth to be considered an eligible bachelor discovers, woos and marries Caroline Gardiner, cousin to Elizabeth Bennett Darcy.

In Pride and Prejudice, the Gardiners stood out as a sensible and refined middle class family, the family that Elizabeth enjoyed visiting and
Jess Swann
Jun 21, 2015 Jess Swann rated it did not like it
La première chose qui me vient à l'esprit après cette lecture c'est : pourquoi ?

Pourquoi me suis-je infligée ce roman alors que les 5 premiers m'ont déplu ?

Pourquoi l'auteure a-t-elle cru bon de faire un tome axé sur Caroline et qui reprend tout ce qu'elle nous a déjà fait subir dans les 5 tomes précédents sans rien apporter de nouveau ? (pardon, les 10 dernières pages avancent l'histoire)

Et surtout, pourquoi fait-elle ça aux personnages de Jane Austen ?

Vous l'aurez donc compris, je n'ai pas
Annette
Oct 01, 2012 Annette rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read in The Pemberley Chronicles. It is book six in the series.
The main character is Caroline Gardiner and she is a cousin of Elizabeth Bennet Darcy. Her father has a lucrative business. She has two brothers named Richard and Robert, a sister named Emily.
Colonel Fitzwilliam is an "amiable and obliging man." He was stationed in India and Ceylon, he has recently returned to England. Fitzwilliam is the cousin of Mr. Darcy. He is several years older than Caroline, but aft
Samantha
Sep 20, 2009 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009, austenesque, own
My Cousin Caroline is the sixth in the Pemberley Chronicles series by RAC. I think, out of all the novels in the series so far, I fell in love with this one.

Caroline Gardiner, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs Edward Gardiner (of Pride and Prejudice) is the main focus of this novel, following her from the age of fifteen years old. My Cousin Caroline drew me in so much; a think more than the other novels. I think in many ways this is because I have always been interested in the life of Caroline, sinc
Sherry
Aug 03, 2016 Sherry rated it really liked it
#6- Unlike the previous novels in the series, My Cousin, Caroline, goes back and reiterates past events as it follows Elizabeth Bennet Darcy's cousin Caroline Gardiner's life from her falling in love with Darcy's cousin Fitzwilliam through their marriage, children, Caroline's increasing assistance in her Father, Mr. Gardiner's business affairs running the Trading Company of which Darcy and Fitzwilliam are Partners. When Caroline's youngest brother Robert returns from working in Ceylon as had ...more
Kendall McCurdy
May 11, 2012 Kendall McCurdy rated it really liked it
Pride & Prejudice is a favorite of mine, so I read lots of "sequels." This is part of a series, one of the better ones I have read. It focuses on Caroline Gardiner, one of the children of Elizabeth's Uncle Gardiner in P&P.
Roxanne
Jan 22, 2015 Roxanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: austenland
Fantastic! I loved every moment of this story. Caroline is a woman after my own heart, as is Isabella. Yet another page turner from Ms. Collins. And, I must admit, I think dear Jane Austen would have been very much a fan of Ms. Collins' series.
Rebecca
Jan 04, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
One of the better P&P spin offs. It started out slow but the story progressed nicely and was written in true Austen style. I enjoyed it very much.
Lee
Oct 13, 2013 Lee rated it did not like it
“It was not horrible, but rather tedious and covered too many years and people too fast so that you could not much care about the characters.”
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 03, 2013
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Leanne
Leanne rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Kaelee Newton
Kaelee Newton rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Merilyn
Merilyn rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Roberta
Roberta rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
LeOta
LeOta rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2010
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2012
Ramona Drozek
Ramona Drozek rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
Scott Roberts
Scott Roberts rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Linda Holway
Linda Holway rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Claire Loades
Claire Loades rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Jane
Jane rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2014
Celia Kennedy
Celia Kennedy rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2010
Jaylene
Jaylene rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2010
April Thornton
April Thornton rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Sandra R. Barnes
Sandra R. Barnes rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Mr. Darcy's Great Escape: A Tale of the Darcys & the Bingleys (Pride and Prejudice Continues, # 3)
  • Darcy's Temptation: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  • Darcy and Fitzwilliam: A Tale of a Gentleman and an Officer (Darcy and Fitzwilliam, #1)
  • In the Arms of Mr. Darcy (Darcy Saga #4)
  • More Letters from Pemberley: 1814-1819: A Further Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  • The Darcy Cousins
  • Caroline Bingley
  • Mr. Darcy's Little Sister
  • Longbourn's Unexpected Matchmaker
  • An Unequal Marriage
Rebecca Ann Collins is the pen name of a lady in Australia who loves Jane Austen’s work so much that she has written a series of sequels to Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, following Austen’s beloved characters, introducing new ones and bringing the characters into a new historical era.
More about Rebecca Ann Collins...

The Pemberley Chronicles (10 books)
  • The Pemberley Chronicles (The Pemberley Chronicles, #1)
  • The Women of Pemberley (The Pemberley Chronicles, #2)
  • Netherfield Park Revisited (The Pemberley Chronicles, #3)
  • The Ladies of Longbourn (The Pemberley Chronicles, #4)
  • Mr. Darcy's Daughter (The Pemberley Chronicles, #5)
  • Postscript from Pemberley (The Pemberley Chronicles, #7)
  • Recollections of Rosings (The Pemberley Chronicles, #8)
  • A Woman of Influence (The Pemberley Chronicles, #9)
  • The Legacy of Pemberley (The Pemberley Chronicles, #10)