Start by marking “The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3)

The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3)

Power is back. No one is prepared
The Dawning of Power includes three books: Call of the Herald, Inherited Danger, and Dragon Ore.

Echoes of the ancients' power are distant memories, tattered and faded by the passage of eons, but that is about to change. A new dawn has arrived. Latent abilities, harbored in mankind's deepest fibers, wait to be unleashed. Ancient evils awak
Kindle Edition, Omnibus Edition, 698 pages
Published October 24th 2008 by White Wolf Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Dawning of Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dawning of Power

Ryan Snyder
[Omnibus- all three books]

I apologize for the length of the following review. I find that the longer a book is, the shorter my reviews tend to get. It makes no sense, but I tend to just give the bare minimum for larger works and ramble on about shorter ones. Sort of like I am rambling now..

Book one book did a pretty fair job setting up Catrin as a character in my mind. For a female MC, she is very relate-able and can be tough if the situation calls for it- though she has her annoying moments (as
Sherry Hoernig
Jan 30, 2014 Sherry Hoernig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brian Rathbone, captures your attention from page one & keeps it until the last page of the 3rd book. He has built a world filled w/interesting characters, & never ending action. The twist & turns that the story takes leaves you filled w/wonder, & fascination & leaves you ready for the next steps in Catrin's story. Definitely a must read for fantasy lovers of all ages!!!
Jeanne Johnston
Feb 14, 2015 Jeanne Johnston rated it liked it
I'm not sure how the YA escaped me. I guess I was glad to see a freebie that was a "complete" trilogy (heads up--it's NOT a complete series...)

Disappointed to find "YA" must mean half-grown, as this left me wondering where the rest of the story was. Yes, all the requisite elements are here, as though the author followed a careful script, but... I dunno. It seemed to lack life or a sense this was a real world. Maybe it was the POV or the fact no one spoke or behaved like real people. You couldn't
Cheryl
Feb 21, 2009 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Young Catrin Volker was just a normal girl…that is till that fatal day. All Catrin remembers is walking home from school and trying to help her friend, Osbourne from being pummeled to death by a group of townies. One moment Catrin feared that she would soon breathe her last breath and the next moment she was waking up in what can only be described as some kind of nightmare. Osbourne and Catrin were alive and so were the townies…barely.

All of the townsfolk are now looking at Catrin like she is so
Ginny  Gallagher
I have been listening to The Dawning of Power on audio and have about 7 hours left to finish up. I’m undecided yet if I would have rather read the books. There is a lot that goes on in the story and in many parts you really need to pay attention or you might miss a major point in the story. Since, I usually listen while I'm working on other things there were a few times when I found myself having to rewind and catch back up.

The narrator does a good job of giving the multiple points of views thei
Vincent Hobbes
Jun 23, 2010 Vincent Hobbes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s hard for me to get into fantasy, even though I like to write it.
Yet, though I don’t read much of it, it seems lately I’ve read more than my norm.

My publisher suggested I read The Dawning of Power. He even let me borrow his copy. I’ll admit, I nearly put this book down. At the start, I was lost. I wasn’t into it. A bit bored. Perhaps it was reading too late at night. Perhaps it was just my mood. No matter, I sat the book down for a week.

Usually, it’s over at that point—off to the cemetery of
Linda Clarke
Dec 15, 2010 Linda Clarke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legend says that a Herald will be born who will save the land of Godfist from invaders. This Herald will fight for their freedom. To some it is only a legend but to others it is a prophecy, waiting to be fulfilled. The Zjhon are ancient enemies and are planning an attack but no one takes heed of these warnings until it is too late. Now it is up to the Herald to save them. The question is... will the Herald realize her destiny in time to save Godfist?

But that’s not all…the Zjhon believe in the pr
Thomas
Aug 10, 2011 Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like fantasy even if its done over and over again. This books plot line and charcters wree good. The author is an indie author and I was impressed with his talent. There were times it was hard to get into in the beginning but as I went on the story kept my attention. The writing was good but needed polished in my opinion and sometimes I felt it was long winded and even a bit to long. The story unfolded and I hope that doesn’t hurt the author because the story and the writing got better. It was ...more
Dalene
Dec 11, 2013 Dalene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2013
First, I would like to thank the author Brian Rathbone for giving me this book for an honest review. This is the first three books of the World of Godsland. I was completely engrossed from beginning to end. The characters are strong and they all make up the many characters that keep this story going. The story keeps you wanting more, for me so much more that now that I am finished I am wanting the next three books of the world of Godsland - The Balance of Power. Brian has done a great job with t ...more
Jairus Reddy
Sep 13, 2010 Jairus Reddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book in its entirety. The descriptive style in the book really made you feel like you were involved in the story as the description made the scenes easy to imagine. While the story was slow in some places, the characters became easy to identify with, both positively and negatively, which is an important aspect of developement which is often overlooked. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy.
therices1
This is a three book series. I started reading it because it was the only book on my ipad. It started out really slowly and if I wasn't desperate, I wouldn't have continued. The writing is rather amateurish although the story is good. As I continued, I started liking it more and more and finished the three books in the series. Sometimes the characters need more fleshing out and the book needs a good editor. However, the story is good and it was an enjoyable summer read.
Valerie
Dec 17, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this was an intense..very deep book. You really need a quiet place to be able to dive in without interruption and go in with an open mind. Loved the characters in this book.. and felt they were given much attention.. still at times.. I'd say a bit over characterized which made me lose some time. Was a great suspense and very fulfilling adventure.
Capri Komprood
The end of this trilogy was more like the start to the next trilogy. It was quite good that I went ahead and got the next trilogy. This is the second series to do this to me. a trilogy is three books unless I'm mistaken. They are so good and nicely written though that I will let my 9 year old read them.
Sue
Apr 29, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going with an overall rating here - for all three of these books in the first trilogy in this series. The Call of the Herald; Inherited Danger; Dragon Ore.

These books grabbed my imagination from the beginning and I devoured them. I LOVED the heroine and all her family and friends. I completely enjoyed the dragons. I despised the enemies. All in all, I got lost in the fantasy!!
Mark Mihevc
This book consists of a bunch of recycled bits from other better fantasy series. My favorite plagiarized line was when the the guy (can't remember his name) says, "You wouldn't deny an old man his staff?" Please
Arun Andhavarapu
May 20, 2013 Arun Andhavarapu rated it liked it
Was hoping it would be a little more adult in plot and complexity, but it was more YA. However, i enjoyed the book...some interesting twist of cosmic power - power from a comet. This power can be stored like a battery does in noonstone and dragon ore.
Totoro25
Mar 26, 2016 Totoro25 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a really good fantasy series to read this is it.

If you are looking for a really good fantasy series to read this is it. There is also a great female protagonist for a change and has great character growth. I look forward to the authors next book.
Mike
This was book was good enough to finish and I would consider reading more by this author. That about sums it up, it wasn't spectacular but it also wasn't horrible; it was readable. If you are looking for a cheap read this isn't your worst choice. In fact it is a pretty good choice for free.
Rajeshwari
Sep 07, 2013 Rajeshwari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mind blowing...
Arthur
May 24, 2011 Arthur rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was "ok." Needed an editor. Needed, for lack of a better word, a point. Probably won't read the inevitable next one...
Jodi
Jul 22, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: podcast
Awesome quality podcast, as was book #1. I definitely would recommend this story to anyone who hasn't heard or read it yet.
Ciaran
Aug 04, 2010 Ciaran rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
How i got through this i dont know. it wasnt bad it was just...dull.
so much happens in this book and i still found it too dull. the characters were so 2-dimensional!
Rhonda
Sep 08, 2009 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is turning out to be a fantasy fiction reader dream come true. Emmersion in another world, Great charactars and I don't want it to end.
Theodore
Apr 12, 2013 Theodore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. Interesting story. A few typos.
May 29, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2
Rob
May 29, 2013 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than average YA fantasy series.
April Bonds
Nov 01, 2012 April Bonds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended by my bother in law, Kris, I finally got around to it and found it difficult to put down. I related to the characters and felt the sense of world that they discovered.
Nice read!
Samantha
3.5 stars.. the audio detracts a bit... but I enjoyed the story and probably would have enjoyed it more in my own head voices..
Shayne
Shayne rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2012
Ktmae Petross
Ktmae Petross rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Vampires, Ghosts, and God (Five Novel Box Set)
  • Renegade (Devoncroix Dynasty, #3)
  • The King of Blades
  • Embers (The Guild of the Cowry Catchers, #1)
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • The Afterlife Series Box Set
  • Dark Fae (Celtic Legacy, #3)
  • Spring (Lakebridge #1)
  • Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)
  • The Seventh Seal
  • The Fifth Avenue Series Boxed Set
  • The Hungering Saga Complete (The Hungering Saga, #1-3)
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • High Moor
  • Muse
  • The Mortician's Wife
  • Superhero
Fantasy author Brian Rathbone
A former horse trainer and computer programmer, Brian Rathbone used his old world knowledge and love of fantasy fiction to create The World of Godsland fantasy series, which begins with The Dawning of Power trilogy.

The World of Godsland fantasy series includes:

Regal
The Fifth Magic
Dragonhold
The Seventh Magic
More about Brian Rathbone...

World of Godsland (10 books)
  • Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power, #1)
  • Inherited Danger (The Dawning of Power, #2)
  • Dragon Ore (The Dawning of Power, #3)
  • Regent (The Balance of Power, #1; World of Godsland, #4)
  • Feral
  • Regal (World of Godsland #6; The Balance of Power #3)
  • The Fifth Magic: Book One of the Artifacts of Power Trilogy
  • Dragonhold: Book Two of the Artifacts of Power trilogy
  • The Seventh Magic: Book Three of The Artifacts of Power (The Artifacts of Power Trilogy 3)
  • Godsland Bundle: Godsland Series Books 1 through 9 (Godsland Series Bundle)

“Darkness, no matter how powerful it may seem, can be driven back by the tiniest spark.” 19 likes
“We appreciate most that which we have lived without.” 13 likes