Start by marking “Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)” as Want to Read:
Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)

Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)

KIDNAPPED AND FORCED TO ADMIT ... SHE'S PREGNANT!

Sexy millionaire aristocrat Luke Devereaux showed up at Louisa's office, marched her to a doctor and demanded she take a pregnancy test! Much to her complete shock and horror, it was positive!

Nearly three months before, Luke had shown Louisa a night of pleasure she could never have imagined --- and which would never be repea
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition

Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 19, 2012 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it it was ok
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Okay...how do you NOT know three months later that you're pregnant? Didn't the "light period" clue her in? I've actually read several books where this was the case. Okay. Maybe it's just me!

Another poor heroine confusing sex with love. When will we women learn?

Probably never in Harlequin/Romance novel land. Otherwise, there would be fewer books, eh?

I'm also starting to really get tired of the "marriage for the baby" line. Seriously? Get real. Oh, wait. These are fiction. Duh! Just kidding. I str
Paula Legate
Sep 30, 2015 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
This was a fun book. It was entertaining the way Louisa, and Luke sparred back and forth, and keep points for the augments they won. They argued about everything from party politics to which side of the bed to sleep on. They flirted back and forth, and made wild passionate love too many times to count. Luke took his responsibility's serious. But at the same time attempted to keep his heart guarded. Luke didn't think he could love, or didn't think he was worth loving. Louisa, and the baby she car ...more
Karyn
Mar 30, 2015 Karyn rated it it was ok
This one was a complete whaaaaa
The hero tells the chick that she's pregnant - convinces her really. She goes from absent minded & clumsy to this strong smart woman who makes up her own mind and stands up for herself...transformation in 1 week much - She could run one of those makeover shows
I've decided harlequin's aren't my thing. Now i only need to find a way to stop reading em.
Heather
If you want to read a realistic "love" story, then this isn't the book for you, but if you want to escape into a fantasy world and get absorbed into the love trysts of a couple who don't know "love" when it comes knocking then this a great book!

I did enjoy it and it was a good escape from the mundane of daily life!
Melissa Maxwell
Nov 30, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Seriously her books keep getting better. I love the fact that she interconnects the books even though realizing the order has got me. I keep reading the books out of order but its okay. I love Luke and Louisa and the fact she did not know she was pregnant. The relationship developed in a most wonderful way. I wish she did a book that brought together all her heroes and heroines to give like the ultimate update while also giving another HEA.
Tracie
Mar 30, 2012 Tracie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I really enjoy Heidi Rice's writing. This book was no exception. She has a knack for writing sassy heroines and steamy sex scenes.

I like that the relationship became the focus of this book rather than the pregnancy. I also liked that Louisa didn't immediately marry Luke. I like my heroines with backbone.
Gege86
May 16, 2013 Gege86 rated it liked it
Well , this novel was certainly entertaining, steamy, and funny. The hero got a lot of issues but in the end with the help of the heroine he find a way to resolve them.
And my favorite part without a doubt was ….. the epilogue, heart meltingly sweet.
Roanne
Sep 08, 2011 Roanne rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by one of my all-time favourite authors, Heidi Rice (love her!). It was a freebie off a website and from then on, I got stuck into everything she's written. The plot is great, with a devilishly gorgeous guy and a even greater gal. Definitely a must read.
A.M.
Mar 20, 2010 A.M. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to A.M. by: Jan Oda
Shelves: fiction, romance
Quite light-hearted and entertaining, a little cheesy.
YouKneeK
Nov 27, 2013 YouKneeK rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
First of all, I should confess that I’m not really much of a romance reader. It isn’t that I don’t enjoy a good romance story, but I like it when the romance is just one part of a much larger story. When I read a romance novel, it feels a little bit like somebody extracted the romance parts out of a book and threw the actual story away.

So, why did I read this book? Way back when I first got my Kindle, I would snap up nearly any free book I could find even if it wasn’t my usual genre. I figured,
John Marsh
Mar 23, 2015 John Marsh rated it liked it
Judith
Dec 05, 2013 Judith rated it it was ok
In a nutshell: By the end, Luke is willing to admit he wants to be around Louisa enough to even let her live with him *gasp* but he obviously can't love her. Duh. But she soon sits him down and has a 5 minute conversation with him and apparently everything is cured . . . well except for the fact he never once tells her he loves her, he keeps on standing by his line of being unable to love. Then we get an epilogue and still he doesn't say he loves her but he's attracted to her, even with her post ...more
Mariana Dell'Oca
Feb 14, 2016 Mariana Dell'Oca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Me sentí como si estuviese leyendo una telenovela muy cliché. Todo pasa demasiado rápido, el "estoy loca por ti pero finjo que no" a pesar de que ni siquiera se conocían resultaba irritante. Los personajes eran superficiales y predecibles, y a pesar del giro del final, acabó siendo muy cliché.
Rebekah
Dec 09, 2015 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
Lol, WHO DOESN'T KNOW THEY ARE PREGNANT AFTER A MILLION MONTHS LOL. Anywho, overbearing guy demands he be the boss etc etc.. of course I liked it ;)
Gail
Aug 10, 2016 Gail rated it it was ok
Shelves: category-romance
I would have given the book a slightly higher rating but she [author] lost me at - ehhh, never mind. If her editor didn't catch it and have her correct it, why should I let it bother me.
Maleka
Maleka rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Nat
Nat rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2010
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Dubaduba
Dubaduba rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
CA
CA rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Rae
Rae rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2010
Minnie Fonder
Minnie Fonder rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2014
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Camila
Camila rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 04, 2016 08:41AM
  • The Billionaire's Baby Negotiation
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • Adopted: Outback Baby
  • Pleasured by the Secret Millionaire
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • Ruthless Billionaire, Forbidden Baby
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
  • Untamed Billionaire, Undressed Virgin
  • The Sheikh's Innocent Bride
  • The French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (International Billionaires, #3)
  • The Greek Millionaire's Secret Child
  • Ruthless Husband, Convenient Wife (The Marriage Bargain, #3)
  • The Boss's Christmas Baby
  • Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife
  • The Billionaire's Bride of Convenience
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • Bought For The Sicilian Billionaire's Bed (Mistress to a Millionaire)
My name's Heidi Rice, I'm a USA Today Bestselling author. I'm married with two teenage sons (which gives me rather too much of an insight into the male psyche!). I also work as a film journalist and I was born in Notting Hill in West London (before it became as chi-chi as it is in the film starring Hugh Grant!) and I now live in Islington in North London - a stone's throw away from where they shot ...more
More about Heidi Rice...