Start by marking “Wretched: (This Is My Sorry)” as Want to Read:
Wretched: (This Is My Sorry)

Wretched: (This Is My Sorry)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Shane loves her but is afraid of her sickness. They've been together for years, but have grown apart. Even though they constantly fight, he clings to her as much as he can, because he's afraid to let her go. Drew loves her because she seems to understand him. She's beautiful and open, exciting, and his best friend. But he knows her heart belongs to Shane, no matter what sh ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Wretched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wretched

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling
Best Male Character
442nd out of 2,872 books — 2,716 voters
The Bridge To Caracas by Stephen DouglassShadow Hills by Anastasia HopcusThe Secret Magdalene by Ki LongfellowKerri's War by Stephen DouglassThe Tainted Trust by Stephen Douglass
Lesser Known Authors
303rd out of 3,606 books — 4,253 voters

More lists with this book...

Kevis Hendrickson
Aug 14, 2009 Kevis Hendrickson rated it it was amazing
Wretched (This is My Sorry) by Katherine Marple is one of the most beautiful stories I’ve ever read. I cannot recall the last time I felt for a character in a book as I did in this one. Wretched is more than a love story. It contains many elements that are somewhat biographical, but always emotional. But the beauty of it is that this is not a story that you read, but rather feel.

In Wretched, a young woman is suffering from diabetes mellitus. Her disease has taken over her life and affects her re
Tara Chevrestt
Aug 08, 2010 Tara Chevrestt rated it it was amazing
As a woman who has my own disability, I could relate to the heroine of this book. She suffers type 1 diabetes. She is young and tired of fighting her disease. This is a disease that can take over your life. It's not a simple matter of changing your diet. (Note, there are different kinds of diabetes. The kind the heroine has is not talked about in infocommericals. The more common diabetes is type 2.)....

For full review and helpful information about type 1 diabetes, please click the following link
Amber Lehman
Mar 31, 2010 Amber Lehman rated it it was amazing
Maria
May 07, 2009 Maria rated it really liked it
I would recommend 'Wretched' to anyone who wants a quick, entertaining read. It certainly is a page-turner.
'Wretched' is the story of a young girl suffering from 'type one' diabetes and goes some way to educating people who do not know about the disease. It is also a story of love and loss, as the young girl battles between her feelings for the man she has loved for most of her life, and a new man on the scene. It's written in the first person from the young girl's viewpoint (I don't think we ev
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Melanie Foust for TeensReadToo.com

She loves Shane, but Shane is afraid of losing her. When they're together, they fight, hurling the meanest insults they can imagine. When they're apart, they pine for the other's company.

She works with Drew at her job as a waitress. She finds herself falling for him, as he falls for her, but they both have pasts neither can get over. Shane remains at the back of her mind and in her heart, just as a girl remains in Drew's.

All the while, her disease ra
Lizmari
Jul 16, 2013 Lizmari rated it really liked it
Many folks will never become intimately familiar with diabetes, outside of the usual TV commercials, or TV news segments. They might be familiar with conversations on diet, or high blood glucose, or the occasional need to lose weight, but diabetes is more than just an umbrella term: it comes in various 'flavors,' and is a much more multifaceted condition than meets the average medical textbook. Diabetes is a life altering disease; a psycho-social disease which often colors our view of the world, ...more
Sara
Nov 03, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
Finally a book with characters that feel real, make decisions that feel honest, and capture the complicated nature of those of us who think deeply about life. I loved this book. I especially liked that the journey with the main character that was both emotional and physical. The poetry mixed with prose was beautiful. The end was so heartbreaking. However I felt joy in the message: don't take love and life for granted.
Christy Stewart
This story is about a girl who has diabetes written by a girl who is very diabetes minded.

It would be best for someone who has, or is close to, someone with diabetes. It is too chicken-soup-for-the-soul for anyone that would go into the story with a clinical distance from the problem. Although, in the same respect, it might soften your heart to it.

Marple mixes the story with poetry and charts and quotes; which I was happy to see. It makes great use of self-publishing, gives it a real character.
Cindy
Jun 03, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
A very sad story and you can guess what happens at the end. I can identify with what the narrator was going through; however, she did nothing to help her diabetes (she smoked, drank, and was constantly eating ice cream!).

I do applaud the work Marple is doing to find a cure for diabetes.
Suzanne
Aug 09, 2010 Suzanne rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but had a hard time relating to the main character.
Mary
Jan 03, 2010 Mary rated it it was ok
It was not well written and it was very hard to care about the main character
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Adhiyat Najam
Adhiyat Najam marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Victoria Darkins
Victoria Darkins marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Giovanni Ciacchella
Giovanni Ciacchella marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Stephanie Lingenfelter
Stephanie Lingenfelter marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Wan Rathna
Wan Rathna marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Megan Girod
Megan Girod marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Lía
Lía marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Allice Brownfield
Allice Brownfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Hesham
Hesham rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Amanda Bracken
Amanda Bracken marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
  • The Black Minute (John Santana, #2)
  • The Cutting Edge
  • To Kill an Armchair Husband: A Dark Comedy
  • Second Chances
  • Spent: Memoirs of a Shopping Addict
  • Nobody Does It Better
  • Leyla's Locket (Sera Chronicles, #1)
  • To Touch the Stars
  • The Fallen
  • My Love Eternal
  • Here Comes Your Man
  • Vampire Transgression (Vampires, #3)
  • Stand
  • Persephane Pendrake and the Cimaruta
  • Valantinus: Blood Brothers
  • No Hope for Gomez!
  • The Secret to Lying
  • The Awakening (Chrysalis #1)
Katherine Marple has been writing since the ripe age of ten. In her elementary school yearbook, she wrote simply: "I want to be an author when I grow up." She used to spend her summers reading and writing so much that her fingers grew calluses and paper cuts.

At the age of fourteen, "I even took time to bind my first books - murder mysteries, if you'd believe it- with glue and construction paper. I
More about Katherine Marple...

“Love never comes when you're ready for it... As soon as you're ready for it, it's too late, and it's gone.

15 likes