Start by marking “Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)

Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow #5)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  2,793 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
Rani doesn't fit in. Ever since she had to cut off her wings to save Mother Dove, she doesn’t feel like she belongs with the water talent fairies. In fact, without wings, she doesn’t feel like she belongs with any fairies at all. Rani sets off on a perilous journey to find a home, a journey that leads her underwater, deep into the lagoon, where the mermaids live. Maybe the ...more
Published April 25th 2006 by A Stepping Stone Book (first published January 1st 2006)

Elizabeth
Jul 06, 2009 Elizabeth rated it liked it
My little friend, Lexie, loaned me her "Fairies" books. This is the first one I've read. It is a sweet, easy story. Rani isn't like other fairies, so she feels left out and lonely. She runs away and ends up at the Mermaid Lagoon. Here she finds out that life isn't as bad as she thought it is, and that no matter how nice different things are, and how exciting adventures are, there just isn't any place as sweet as home. I enjoyed reading this book. I will be reading more of the Fairies series in t ...more
Rachel
Mar 14, 2017 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2017
I loved this!! Delightful.
Ashley
Dec 10, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
By:Ashley Matias
TITLE:Rani in the mermeaid lagoon
AUTHOR:Lisa Papademetriou

This book is about a fairy names Rani. Long ago Rani gave up her wings to save Pixie Hallow. One day Rani felt left out and went somewhere far away. Rani meet mermaids . Oola was one of the mermaids. I lost my ring in a deep hole. Rani got the ring for Oola. At the end Tink and all the fairies found Rani and took her bck home.
From this book I like how the author Lisa Papademetriou used fancy whriting and caching word
Dolly
Apr 28, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a decent tale in the Disney Fairies collection (Tales of Pixie Hollow). Our oldest borrowed it from her school library and really enjoyed the tale. Our youngest got bored with it a bit, but stuck in there for most of the story. It's an encouraging tale of developing and sharing your own talents, having self-confidence and not letting a disability or difference get you down. We read it fairly quickly, over the span of a couple of evenings.
Danielle
Feb 06, 2016 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-read
I WANT ALL OF THESE
Delani
Jun 05, 2017 Delani rated it it was amazing
I read this first after the Quest for the Egg. Even though I bought the others from Scholastic too. Man this takes me back a decade and some. It was a great story, to young me. A bit below my reading level, but good for the age I was. I wish she had gotten a movie, honestly.
Taylor
Feb 26, 2017 Taylor rated it it was amazing
Holy Bejesus the artwork in this
*inhales*
/excellent/
Conan Tigard
Nov 16, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
Having previously worked for Disney twice, and having a daughter that is totally into fairies, I find myself enjoying all of the Disney Fairies books immensely. The illustrations in them are quite fantastic and the stories are fun and generally all have a hidden message. In this case, Rani runs away from her problems and does not face the head on, like she needs to do. She learns in the end that she should have stayed and worked out her problems and everything would have been just fine.

Rani is
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the Fairies series and is about Rani, the fairy who had to sacrifice her wings in order to save Mother Dove in an earlier work. In this one she feels she's no longer complete, that she's somehow inadequate since she no longer has her wings. She accidentally damages a fountain during a party and basically runs away.

She ends up at the mermaid's lagoon and, being a water-type fairy, has no problem swimming with the mermaids and visiting them. They treat her almost like a p
Rachel
Dear sweet Rani is off for another adventure, this time under the sea in the Mermaid Lagoon! Rani's sacrifice of her wings causes her both joy's and sorrows, and when the fairies of Pixie Hollow begin to wonder if she's lost her talent, Rani decides to run away. Her unique capabilities as the only fairy who swims sends her on her way to the lagoon seeking a place where she can use her water talents in remarkable ways and finding her own new adventures, whether helping a new friend, or creating a ...more
Joey
Jun 28, 2016 Joey rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted at http://3kidsreviews.com/?p=41 book reviews by kids for kids by Rosie age 6

This is one of my favorite Disney Faires books. I like all of these books because they do job helping you understand how the characters feel. You can also pick up any book in the series and it makes sense without reading the others. Rani is a main character in all three of the Disney Faires illustrated novels but this is the first one of the smaller books I’ve read that is about her. I
Jack Bates
May 20, 2008 Jack Bates rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young kids
I read this book before I sent it to my niece for her birthday. This way I hope to be able to talk to her about it. It was a very cute story that included fantasy adventures with fairies in a land that is well known to most people who were once kids, Neverland. The dialog was well written for the age group 5-8yrs of age. The topics of friendship, loyalty, courage, and perseverance are woven very well in to the story. The story isn't about these qualities, but lessons are definitely learned about ...more
Theresa
Oct 06, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it
Rani gave up her wings to help Mother Dove and save Neverland, and now she doesn't quite fit in. Sure she has Brother Dove to help her fly, but if she can't dance in the sky or help with the fountain, then where does she fit in?

So after a little mishap, she runs away. She almost gets eaten by a snake and falls over a waterfall. She is found by typically vapid Neverland mermaids.

Once she starts looking around the sea, she starts seeing all of the things that are similar to Pixie Hollow and starts
Twyla
Aug 02, 2011 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Shannon McGee
Sep 08, 2008 Shannon McGee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faeries
I think we have all had our own times where felt left out or just plain useless. Rani goes on an adventure to find where she fits into the world of the faeries. She wants to feel she can make a difference in Pixie Hollow, but, because she is different from the others, now they only see her differences. In some ways they see her as incapable of using her talent as she always has. Rain comes to understand that her talent is just fine, and she learns to be creative along the way. So on the outside ...more
Wirya
Jan 08, 2009 Wirya rated it liked it
Rani tahu tidak mudah menjadi satu-satunya peri tanpa sayap.. tetapi, dia begitu menyesal karena tidak bisa membuat air mancur sesuai kebiasaannya.. Rani memutuskan untuk pergi ke Mermaid Lagoon..tempat terindah di seluruh penjuru Never land.

Akan tetapi Rani juga tidak merasa cocok di Mermaid Lagoon, jadi dimanakah tempat Rani?

(kita seeing merasa bahwa kita tidak pants berada di suatu tempat.. Lalu dimanakah tempat kita? jawaban yang pasti dan sebenarnya sudah kita ketahui: disamping orang yang
Ava L
Oct 10, 2014 Ava L rated it liked it
This book is about a fairy who just does not fit in. She has chopped off her wings heroically to save Pixie Hollow. She gets lost and uses a bubble necklace to breath underwater. As she meets mermaids she goes on a wild adventure of getting back to pixie hollow.
I liked this book because I am into fantasy and mythical creatures. I would not recommend this to someone who does not like fairies or mermaids. You would have to like fantasy to read it. There is adventure in it but not the most exciting
Gina
Mar 05, 2009 Gina added it
Briana
Oct 07, 2009 Briana rated it it was ok
I didn't not like this book because it was to childish for me and the lettering was HUGE so I felt like a kid reading this book. This book is about a pixie named Rani that feel left out because she hasn't got her wings yet. So, she runs away to Mermaid Lagoon and meets mermaids, thens run away again and goes back to Pixie Hollow and then after her journey she gains her wings. Werid story right? Well if you like it ask me and I would let you borrow this book.
Isabelle.n.c
Sep 13, 2009 Isabelle.n.c rated it it was amazing
Taralen
Jul 10, 2011 Taralen rated it liked it
I haven't read the previous books that better explain the situation of Rani losing her wings but the passage before the first chapter explains well enough for me to understand her loss. I am able to sympathize with the character but her predicaments are expected. There are no plot twists that surprise me and the message is elementary.
I can't expect much from a child's book but it's not horrible enough to give me displeasure during the reading process.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Story: 3/5
Stacie
I like reading the fairy stories. They are sweet stories that kind of have a lesson to be learned.

Rani was a mermaid who lost her wings in another story we read, so we simply had to find out what happened to her. This was a story about finding your place in the world you live in, even with all your faults and differences. Rani was not only searching for her place with her new identity, but also searching for her own self-worth.

It was a sweet story that both Sunshine and I enjoyed.
Amanda R
Jan 06, 2008 Amanda R rated it really liked it
This is the second Disney Fairies book I've read - the first being Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. I think it's a cute series! It was nice reading something light and easy, after the last book that I read. This story was about feeling like you belong and sometimes not being able to see the people who care the most are right in front of you. I love the artwork in these books too!
Rebecca
Jul 27, 2016 Rebecca rated it liked it
This was a very pleasant surprise - Rani's story is well-told and presents a nice lesson about being different without getting the least bit preachy, and the book is written so as not to be excessively "girly," like some other early chapter books. I'm not a huge fan of the franchise in general, but I'll definitely check out other Disney Fairy books.
Claire Hua
Mar 24, 2015 Claire Hua rated it it was amazing
Have you ever imagined a fairy without wings? It's hard for Rani to be the only fairy in never land that doesn't have wings! She feels like she DOES NOT belong where she is. Rani has a mysterious adventure! She finds herself in the mermaid Lagoon! She meets new friends! But Rani still doesn't feel she's home.
Abigail
Aug 19, 2016 Abigail rated it really liked it
Such a cute story! In the Disney Fairies realm, there's a struggle to align these short stories to Gail Carson's Levine's epic stories while not ignoring the films. I felt like this author did a great job staying in Levine's Pixie Hollow. Cute premise, cute ending. Rani is still one of my favorite pixies.
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
As the Tales of Pixie Hollow books tend to do for me, I felt immersed in the story, curious about how it was going to unfold, and that it was easy to make connections about the struggle of the character as a metaphor for real-world obstacles. Rani's backstory, in general, is one of the most interesting and unique pieces of this series. I feel almost unjustified in only giving it 3 stars.
Mindy
Aug 19, 2011 Mindy rated it really liked it
My daughter and I read this book together! We LOVE reading this series of books and enjoy learning about the FAIRIES, as well as the lessons that each book teaches. This book is 112 pages and kept my 7 year old daughter's interest enough for us to read the entire book in one setting!! It is a delightful read and very imaginative. We also enjoy the beautiful illustrations throughout the book!!
Nataliewf
May 08, 2013 Nataliewf rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2nd-grade
In Pixie Hollow Rain felt like she was useless because she cut her wings off to swim and brother dove had to carry her places and she couldn't be part of her talent. I liked that Rani found some friends at the mermaid lagoon when she was traveling away from pixie hollow.
Amycheng741
Sep 24, 2010 Amycheng741 rated it it was amazing
It's about a fairy that don't have wings as a normal fairy. She when on a journey looking for a places that she belongs in and on the journey she would learn why she really belongs and meet new friends.
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg (Disney Fairies #1)
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
Bestselling author Lisa Papademetriou is the author of the 'Confectionately Yours' series, 'Middle School: Big, Fat Liar' and 'Homeroom Diaries' (both with James Patterson), and many other novels for middle grade and young adult readers. Her books have appeared on the Bank Street Best Books of the Year list, the NYPL Books for the Teen Age, and the Texas Lone Star Reading List, among others. A for ...more
More about Lisa Papademetriou...

Tales of Pixie Hollow (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)