Start by marking “The Google Way: How One Company Is Revolutionizing Management as We Know It” as Want to Read:
The Google Way: How One Company Is Revolutionizing Management as We Know It

The Google Way: How One Company Is Revolutionizing Management as We Know It

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Shortly after World War I, Ford and GM created the large modern corporation, with its financial and statistical controls, mass production, and assembly lines. In the 1980s, Toyota stood out for combining quality with continuous refinement. Today, Google is reinventing business yet again-the way we work, how organizations are controlled, and how employees are managed.

Manage
Published April 17th 2009 by No Starch Press

To ask other readers questions about The Google Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Google Way

Steve Jobs by Walter IsaacsonHackers by Steven LevyGhost in the Wires by Kevin D. MitnickThe Cuckoo's Egg by Clifford StolliWoz by Steve Wozniak
Silicon Valley
203rd out of 212 books — 238 voters
I'm Feeling Lucky by Douglas EdwardsIn the Plex by Steven LevyHow Google Tests Software by James A. WhittakerAre You Smart Enough to Work at Google? by William PoundstonePlanet Google by Randall E. Stross
Books About Google
13th out of 14 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Jack
I started reading this book expecting that it would strengthen my idealization of Google, but it has instead revealed a lot of flaws and organizational weaknesses. This book does not go into much detail in terms of the history of Google's development, but instead focuses on its strategic and institutional organization. It declares Google's management approach to be revolutionary, and that the main novel components thereof are small teams, creative flexibility (in the 80/20 rule which provides ti ...more
Raj
So many thought provoking management concepts, plus the story behind google, should be compulsory reading for technocrats. Google's success is due to its focus on users and automation. eCommerce has profoundly changed the relationship between businesses and their customers, for the first time giving customers an important role to play in a major corporation's growth.
Naomi
Unbearably boring. This book read like a poorly written undergraduate textbook, and I would not read it again or recommend it to a friend as an inside look into Google.
Lori Grant
A should-read company profile for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
D.J. Webber
This was one of the most disappointing books I have read. I was drawn in by the great book cover and because it had "Google" in the title. However there is very little information in this book that you couldn't find out by googling, and that is probably how Girard did his research.
Keith Clark
A really depressing book when I compare it to my current job. We're just grateful for paper towels and hand soap. How can we even think about catered meals and rewards. We're more of a stick company than a carrot company.
Caroline Gordon
Now I'm actually going to read the Google ads and see what they actually say about me, if anything. So many thought provoking management concepts, plus the story behind google, should be compulsory reading for technocrats.
Abo 7aneen
was very good one. talking about google's model , and how the co-founders have built the decent empire. I strongly recommend it.
Sunil Surendar
Liked the section on Ad sense and google's cost per click strategy.
Vishanta
Sep 09, 2012 Vishanta marked it as to-read
The start is good and lets see how it goes till the end...
Noviyanti Selviani
confuse about this book
Kenneth Weston Simbaya
Kenneth Weston Simbaya marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Husam
Husam marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
dave
dave marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Chris Ascher
Chris Ascher marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Iamxfc
Iamxfc marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Michael Lesniak
Michael Lesniak marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Moussa
Moussa marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Raul Nevarez
Raul Nevarez marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Joseph Abraham
Joseph Abraham marked it as to-read
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Mark Reid
Mark Reid marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Siddharth Khimsara
Siddharth Khimsara marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
  • The Wikipedia Revolution: How a Bunch of Nobodies Created the World's Greatest Encyclopedia
  • Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World
  • Amazon.com: Get Big Fast
  • Empire of Debt: The Rise of An Epic Financial Crisis
  • In-N-Out Burger: A Behind-the-Counter Look at the Fast-Food Chain That Breaks All the Rules
  • Gusher of Lies: The Dangerous Delusions of "Energy Independence"
  • Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy
  • The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
  • Google Speaks: Secrets of the Worlds Greatest Billionaire Entrepreneurs, Sergey Brin and Larry Page
  • Powerdown: Options and Actions for a Post-Carbon World
  • The Public Domain: Enclosing the Commons of the Mind
  • Drugs, Oil & War: The United States in Afghanistan, Colombia & Indochina
  • Planet Google: One Company's Audacious Plan To Organize Everything We Know
  • A Century of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order
  • Who Controls the Internet?: Illusions of a Borderless World
  • The Googlization of Everything: (And Why We Should Worry)
  • New Rules for the New Economy
  • The Apple Way
El Modelo Google: Una Revolución Administrativa The Google Way Une Révolution Du Management: Le Modèle Google Cool Jade Une révolution du management