Start by marking “The Bride's Survival Guide: 150 Mistakes You Should Avoid for the Perfect Wedding” as Want to Read:

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Everyone knows how overwhelming planning a wedding can be, so what's a bride-to-be to do? It's much easier to learn what not to do, and let everything fall into place for a lovely, unforgettable wedding. This guide tells you what not to do with plenty of etiquette and money-saving tips.

Included in the book is advice like: Mistake #11: Getting bossed into inviting too many...more
Published January 17th 2009 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride's Survival Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride's Survival Guide

Joie_Fatale
If like me you are a push over, and never had the dream of have a wedding, but have now found your prince charming, this book is a MUST READ THE MOMENT YOU ARE ENGAGED!!!

I bought this at a used bookseller halfway through planning. I wish I had had it before.

recommended for pushover, NON-BRIDEZILLA brides.
Iris Robinson
I think the book is very helpful, especially if you've really never helped plan a wedding before. Gave really good, honest advice. It covered pretty much every aspect. I'd recommend to anyone planning a wedding!
Jul 28, 2011 Sarah added it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book blows. Seriously. If you haven't already paid for it, put it down, and back away slowly. Basically this is a big waste of money. I got it from the library so I didn't pay for it, but this is still valuable time spent out of my life reading this crap that I can never get back.

Basically this book can be divided into two types of advice: generic information you could have gotten somewhere - anywhere - else and advice that will make you want to chuck the book across the room. You if are u...more
Planning a wedding can may you a little crazy, this book has perfect, common sense tips for every bride to be.

Most people have their idea of a "Dream wedding", and this book was helpful and keeping all of those dreams based in some sense of reality.

One of the better examples of common sense advice in this book talks about; Yes, every bride wants to look stunning on her wedding day and this means taking the makeup up a notch or 2. However if you have never worn false eyelashes, or do not wear th...more
Kara
This book seemed to contradict itself on more than one question of etiquette, but it did make some good points. In the end, your wedding is your day and you shouldn't feel pressured to make others happy, so I don't take books like this very seriously.
Michelle
Some things were helpful, some things were a little obvious, but overall I think this was a good book and gets you thinking about a lot of different phases of the planning and of the big day!
Stacy
Jan 31, 2010 Stacy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
A fair bit of common sense, but also some useful pointers on dealing with tricky scenarios that aren't as obvious. Tips are clearly laid out for easy browsing.
Abigail (Abbe)
good for wedding planning big or small. most important tip: don't forget to thank everyone and make rounds at the reception.
Kana
Summary
The Year of Bridezilla Read List:
Jennifer is currently reading it
Sep 06, 2014
Loonieliz
Loonieliz marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
aryn
aryn added it
Jul 17, 2013
Hannah
Hannah is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2013
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Lula Demars
Lula Demars marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Wendy
Wendy added it
Mar 08, 2013
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2012
It's Not My Wedding: But I'm in Charge The Bridesmaid Handbook It's My Wedding Too 1001 Ways To Save Money . . . and Still Have a Dazzling Wedding Your Wedding, Your Way: Break with Tradition and Create a One-Of-A-Kind Celebration You'll Never Forget!