Start by marking “The Bride's Survival Guide: 150 Mistakes You Should Avoid for the Perfect Wedding” as Want to Read:

Everyone knows how overwhelming planning a wedding can be, so what's a bride-to-be to do? It's much easier to learn what not to do, and let everything fall into place for a lovely, unforgettable wedding. This guide tells you what not to do with plenty of etiquette and money-saving tips.

Included in the book is advice like: Mistake #11: Getting bossed into inviting too many
Published January 17th 2009 by Adams Media (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride's Survival Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride's Survival Guide

Joie_Fatale
Oct 28, 2011 Joie_Fatale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wedding
If like me you are a push over, and never had the dream of have a wedding, but have now found your prince charming, this book is a MUST READ THE MOMENT YOU ARE ENGAGED!!!

I bought this at a used bookseller halfway through planning. I wish I had had it before.

recommended for pushover, NON-BRIDEZILLA brides.
Iris Robinson
Jul 28, 2011 Iris Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I think the book is very helpful, especially if you've really never helped plan a wedding before. Gave really good, honest advice. It covered pretty much every aspect. I'd recommend to anyone planning a wedding!
Jul 28, 2011 Sarah added it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book blows. Seriously. If you haven't already paid for it, put it down, and back away slowly. Basically this is a big waste of money. I got it from the library so I didn't pay for it, but this is still valuable time spent out of my life reading this crap that I can never get back.

Basically this book can be divided into two types of advice: generic information you could have gotten somewhere - anywhere - else and advice that will make you want to chuck the book across the room. You if are u
May 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Planning a wedding can may you a little crazy, this book has perfect, common sense tips for every bride to be.

Most people have their idea of a "Dream wedding", and this book was helpful and keeping all of those dreams based in some sense of reality.

One of the better examples of common sense advice in this book talks about; Yes, every bride wants to look stunning on her wedding day and this means taking the makeup up a notch or 2. However if you have never worn false eyelashes, or do not wear th
Kara
Jan 10, 2011 Kara rated it liked it
This book seemed to contradict itself on more than one question of etiquette, but it did make some good points. In the end, your wedding is your day and you shouldn't feel pressured to make others happy, so I don't take books like this very seriously.
Stacy
Jan 31, 2010 Stacy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
A fair bit of common sense, but also some useful pointers on dealing with tricky scenarios that aren't as obvious. Tips are clearly laid out for easy browsing.
Abigail (Abbe)
Mar 24, 2013 Abigail (Abbe) rated it liked it
good for wedding planning big or small. most important tip: don't forget to thank everyone and make rounds at the reception.
Kana
Summary
The Year of Bridezilla Read List:
Michelle
Jul 31, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Some things were helpful, some things were a little obvious, but overall I think this was a good book and gets you thinking about a lot of different phases of the planning and of the big day!
Roni
Jul 14, 2015 Roni rated it really liked it
Planning a wedding is stressful, but I found this book to be very helpful. I even found a few things that I hadn't even considered in my planning so far.
Jyris
Jyris rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Jillian
Jillian rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Sharon Naylor
Aug 20, 2009 Sharon Naylor rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Camille
Camille rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Brianna
Brianna rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2009
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2010
Kitanya
Kitanya rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Hayley
Hayley rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
Isha
Isha rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2010
Alyson
Alyson rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2011
Nissa
Nissa rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Ally
Ally rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2011
Sonie
Sonie rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2017
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Sharon Naylor is the bestselling author of over 35 wedding books for brides, bridesmaids and the mothers of the bride and groom. Her titles have spent time in the #1 book, e-book and wishlist spots on Amazon and BN.com for their categories, and Publisher’s Weekly named three of her books among the best of the best. She is often excerpted on many of Bride Tide’s Top 100 Wedding Blogs, and she has b ...more
More about Sharon Naylor...