Start by marking “Os Cinco nos Rochedos do Demónio” as Want to Read:
Os Cinco nos Rochedos do Demónio

Os Cinco nos Rochedos do Demónio (Famous Five #19)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  5,290 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Numa noite de tempestade, um sino toca nos Rochedos do Demónio... Uma luz brilha na torre do farol. E os moradores da beira-mar ficam alarmados. Haverá gente em perigo no velho farol, há tanto tempo abandonado? Quem conhecer os famosos Cinco logo supõe que eles não devem estar alheios ao caso. Sim! São mesmo os Cinco que se encontram no farol... os Cinco que procuram um te ...more
Published 1963 by Empresa Nacional de Publicidade (first published January 1960)

katie
This was one of my favourites. What struck me, re-reading this at the grand old age of 25, is how utterly condescending the Five are to EVERYONE, including each other! But I still felt some of the old thrills over gold coins and one-eared wreckers, and a lighthouse battered by the winds. I think my favourite thing about the Famous Five stories is that sense of cosiness amidst danger; wherever they go, whatever the adventures, there's always a little spot of golden torchlight, and plenty of hard- ...more
David Sarkies
Nov 29, 2014 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love these books
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: adventure
Monkey's, Lighthouses, and hidden treasure – what more can you want
30 November 2014

Well, I have just finished book 19 which means that there are only two more Famous Five books to go before I have completed my re-read of the series (though there are still six Secret Seven books which I will be reading in between those two, even though the Secret Seven is not actually a reread). This time the Famous Five are joined by a young boy, who occasionally thinks that he is a car, and his monkey. Mind yo
Joana
Jul 20, 2016 Joana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These are so fun but I guess it's different when you're an adult :(
Kirsti
Nov 18, 2011 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Go to Demon's rocks, one of the later in the five series. By now, we know the formula well. Something happens that ensures the kids are out of the way and out of parental control, adventure ensues. This time, it's because of Uncle Quentin again. He arranges for a learned friend of his to stay with his son, but the five are also home for the holidays, and there isn't room for them all in Kirrin cottage. So they're packed off to a lighthouse owned by Tinker, and hear of a lost treasure.

Now, o
Srivardhan Ramesh
Mar 03, 2011 Srivardhan Ramesh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow! these people are GREAT! the mystery is..........unspeakable and dumbfounding. i suspect timmy is real cute. :)
May 04, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find it hard to think that Enid Blyton keeps coming with new adventures for the famous five to go on.
Rayan Abujazar
Nov 08, 2014 Rayan Abujazar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Five Go to Demon's Rocks” is the 19th book of the famous series. It was first published in 1961 and has been illustrated by Eileen A. Soper. It has all the ingredients of a classic Enid Blyton books with absent-minded professors, mischievous pets, long lost treasures, underground caves, some bad guys and of course the Famous Five.

The book begins with George’s father inviting his scientist friend to Kirrin Cottage so that the two of them can work together on some top secret invention. The guest b
Robin Rowles
Mar 10, 2015 Robin Rowles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: influence
The Famous Five meet up with Tinker and his pet monkey, Mischief. Tinker owns an old lighthouse at Demon's Rocks - so they all go there to spend an exciting holiday. They soon meet a great character called Jeremiah Boogle (an old sailor) - and he tells them a fascinating tale about The Three Wreckers. The children are excited when Jeremiah talks about some undiscovered treasure!
It's not long before The Famous Five sense another mystery! This is another fabulous and entertaining story, in this wo
John
As with all Famous Five books, this is of the same trusted and successful formula.

I loved these books as a child and I am delighted that my girls loved them as children too.

The stories are adventures of a byegone age, yet still hold the attention of children, around the world...... they have stood the test of time well - and for a great reason.

The stories are plausible, fun, adventurous and contain an excellent mix of young characters... with a little bit of everyone in each of them - something
Dani Noviandi
Jan 05, 2015 Dani Noviandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: it-s-mine

#19 & #20 dari Lima Sekawan ciptaan eyang Enid Blyton.

Karang Setan, si # 19. Episode ini memberikan sebuah hiburan baru bagi para pecinta Lima Sekawan, MercuSuar! Yup, di buku yang ini anak-anak membawa para pembacanya berpetualang di sebuah mercusuar sebagai tempat tinggal atau tepatnya tempat anak-anak menghabiskan liburan. Mercusuar ini kepunyaan si Utik, anak dari seorang profesor kawan dari ayah George yang mendadak menginap di Pondok Kirrin. Karena keadaan rumah yang sempit dan gaduh,
David
I loved the Famous Five books when I was a kid. I don't recall much about them anymore though. This one involves a lighthouse during one of their numerous holiday adventures.

I'd recommend this series for kids who love adventure stories coupled with mystery and detective elements. It's like a younger version of the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew.
Neja
Apr 03, 2016 Neja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Devina Martha Safira
I didn't remember what my first book that I read. But, Jacqueline Wilson and Enid Blyton's books always become my favorite. My seatmate in my class was showed me Enid's book and the title is Famous Five in Kirrin Island. I think I should read this book, that was I thank. Then I came home and I infatuted with this book so I decided ask to my friend what another Famous Five book he had. Finally, he borrowed me all his Famous Five collection.
This one, Famous Five and Demon's Rocks was the last ser
Jake Collins
Tinker and his lighthouse make good guest-stars, although I could do without the monkey. I wish I could give this book one more star, but the inconsistencies produced by Enid Blyton's ever less lucid mind are just slightly too annoying.
Manasi Pandey
Famous Five ! They have been my heroes as wells as fictional friends when I was a kid. Absolutely love the series. Reading this book all over again brings back good old sweet memories of childhood.
Launa Rissadia
Kisah yang sangat seru! Enid Blyton mengisahkan petualangan Lima Sekawan dengan sangat apik dan menarik. Membuat pembaca seakan-akan seperti ikut berpetualang bersama Lima Sekawan ke Karang Setan. Kekonyolan Iseng si monyet dan Timmy si anjing membuat cerita yang ada dalam buku ini semakin seru. Kecilnya ukuran buku ini membuat pembaca bisa membawanya ke mana pun sehingga kapan pun dan di mana pun pembaca bisa membaca buku ini. Hanya satu kekurangan buku ini yaitu endingnya yang kurang greget. N ...more
Frida
Sep 25, 2015 Frida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
I found it in the library, and was too nostalgic not to read it again. I can't even count how many times I've read the books in this series.
Lili
Feb 22, 2014 Lili rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Book I loved and since children and grandchildren adore, everyone of Blyton's books are enjoyable readable and loved by all
Aidan Michael
Apr 25, 2016 Aidan Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, demon's rocks sounds pretty scary.
Maria Elmvang
I don't know if I've ever read this before - my Dad had the entire series, but when I reread it a couple of years ago, I couldn't find this one - now I wonder if it's because he didn't have it in the first place. Regardless, I was thrilled to find it at a second-hand book sale recently and am glad to have read it. It's not quite as good as many of the others, and I especially found Mr. Kirrin absolutely insufferable, but it was still a fun read.

But reading Famous Five books always makes me so hu
Gurnam Sodhi
Dec 02, 2015 Gurnam Sodhi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lot of excitement this time... :)
Jureshka Naidoo
Oct 10, 2014 Jureshka Naidoo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nice book
Krithigakannan
a good book to hang out
Veera
Jan 22, 2016 Veera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hurina ja Hurinan apina <3
Andrea Hickman Walker
Not bad, but too obvious for words. The whole thing with the wreckers made me think of the time they went to Cornwall (Five go down to the sea), (view spoiler). Still, a fun story, though I thought Tinker rather annoying and the stereotypical absent-minded scientist with a bad temper gets ridiculous very quickly.
Brenda
Aug 08, 2010 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton, all-age
gw suka sama penggambaran enid blyton sama buku-bukunya yang begitu nyata rasanya. dlm buku ini gw juga suka bgt tak-tik dan rencana-rencana lima sekawan yang bener2 cerdik meskipun kadang2 ada juga yang mungkin ngak mungkin terjadi. pada waktu Julian and Dick dihujani emas dari atas terowongan bawah laut, bener-bener menyenangkan gw jadi membanyangkan apa rasanya ya?>_<
Lise
Feb 06, 2016 Lise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic Famous Five children's mystery. Part of series. My favourite
Pujiyanto stiffy
Jan 11, 2014 Pujiyanto stiffy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enid Blyton emang penulis jempolan.. seri Lima Sekawan berkali-kali dibaca tetep menarik.
A. Moses Levitt
Jan 04, 2014 A. Moses Levitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: infantil, oh-begitu, drama
Di Indonesia belum ada yang menyaingi Blyton. Clara NG? Barangkali hanya setengahnya saja.
Bukan meremehkan talenta lokal, tapi memang daya tarik Blyton itu menyenangkan sekali loh.
Nayanasree H.Lal (Zeus's daughter)
George's father's friend comes to stay and guess what? He brings his son Tinker and a Monkey of a pet too. The story gets interesting as Tinker says he owns a LIGHTHOUSE all for himself. Things Get more exciting as they have to go and stay at the LIGHTHOUSE........
My Review 1 5 Feb 05, 2015 05:02PM
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • O Olhar do Dragão
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)