Start by marking “Um Momento Inesquecível” as Want to Read:
Um Momento Inesquecível

Um Momento Inesquecível

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  548,827 Ratings  ·  10,690 Reviews
O regresso do autor dos bestsellers O Diário da Nossa Paixão e As Palavras que Nunca te Direi com um romance terno e comovente acerca do verdadeiro significado da beleza, da generosidade, da perda e acima de tudo do poder mágico do amor. Nicholas Sparks conta-nos desta vez a história de dois adolescentes - Landon e Jamie Sullivan. Dois adolescentes com percursos antagónico ...more
Published August 17th 2004 by Editorial Presença (first published 1999)

Komal Mikaelson
Sylvia03
I like the book better than the movie.

the struggle of jamie and langdon for their love over death...sounds cliche, but i think the book is the second best romance story next to Love Story by Erich Segal.

try to read it at 2 am in the morning when all you hear is silent and you'll get into the story until you burst into tears...

i smiled.
i cried.

nice.
Blythe
May 24, 2012 Blythe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone! Especially people skeptical about reading Nicholas Sparks
This was my first book by Sparks, and let me tell you, it. was. perfect. It’s so hard writing reviews for books you absolutely love, and this review will not do this book justice, so just bear with me.

I was pretty unsure about this book at first, and when I was told by a friend to read a Sparks book, absolutely any of my choosing, I didn’t really want to. But, despite not wanting to read I book by him, because I was being stubborn and thought I would absolutely hate it, I went on my library’s w
Joanne Goon
Sep 01, 2007 Joanne Goon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone!
My all-time favorite movie turned out to be twice as good in literary form! I was thrilled to find scenes not included in the movie and descriptions that really brought you closer to the characters. Even though I already knew the storyline, I still could not stop the tears from coming. In fact, everytime I read the book, I fall in love with Landon all over again! Gosh, we've been having this affair for years now, it's ridiculous.
K.D. Absolutely
Oct 09, 2013 K.D. Absolutely rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-story, romance
"Promise me, that you won't fall in love with me" says Jamie Sullivan to Landon Carter at the beginning of the novel. Nicholas Sparks might as well be telling me that because I picked this book based on my friend Patrick who has been insisting that this is the best Sparks. You see this is my 6th Sparks. I stopped after reading Safe Haven (2 stars) because I got tired of his Hallmark-kind of storytelling. So, I decided to give Sparks another try with a big doubt whether I would like this. This is ...more
Jasmin
I'll always remember
It was late afternoon
It lasted forever
And ended too soon.
CRY, Mandy Moore

The song Cry, perfectly describes A Walk To Remember. It was short, but it would definitely be etched in my cranium for forever.

Who wouldn’t know Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan? In the movie, they were cast as Mandy Moore and Shane West.

[image error]

I remember it being a hit when I was in high school years ago. I watched the movie and loved it. I knew there was a book, but I only had a chance to re
Casey
Sep 16, 2007 Casey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sparks fans, but no one else
Shelves: your-book-sucked
A Walk to Remember details the story of Jamie Sullivan, a preacher's daughter who seems to know everything, and Landon Carter, the boy who would never be tempted by Jamie in real life. The plot is predictable enough, even if you haven't seen the movie. I won't spoil the ending here, but it leaves quite a lot to be desired.

I wanted to like this book, since so many people I knew enjoyed it, but I ended up hating it. The material was far too idyllic in some parts, and overly sanguine in others. I c
Rollie
Oct 21, 2011 Rollie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm Rollie... and now leaping over my bounded forte?

Romance is the least among the genres that I craved to try. Instead, I stumbled upon reading this love story book. A risk indeed to read a different genre especially when it exempts among the genres you always thinks about. Thus, it doesn't just take twenty gulps to risk for it but takes time and sweat to decide the dilemma whether to give it a shot or not. Lately, I decided to widen my braced genres and I thought this book is worth the risk to
KJ
Aug 31, 2011 KJ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think Nicholas Sparks is actually a 13 year old girl named Niki Sparkles. This story was so cliche, soooo very ridiculously predictable and bland that I am beginning to think this book was just something Miss Niki wrote up in a hurry for 7th grade English. Each character was so vanilla, boring and lacking in personality that they kind of blurred into each other. The one character falls in love with the other character but I have no idea why as they have the personalities of river rocks. If Nik ...more
Ash Reads
Jan 01, 2016 Ash Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
first book of 2016 is a reread! I haven't read this book in a really long time. I forgot how short it was, it took me about an hour and a half to get through.

I still love it as much as I remember. Yes, its different than the movie, and I watched the movie first, many years ago...but the book is great, and its probably my favorite Sparks book to date.

come find me: IG: @ash.reads
Namratha
Oct 09, 2013 Namratha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I am not a Nicholas Sparks fan. I like my love stories with a little more pizzazz, wit and humour. I want the heroines to be headstrong and dripping with pithy comebacks. I expect the heroes to be unassuming to begin with and memorable by the time I shut the book. And most of all, I want...no, I DEMAND a happy ending. So, keeping all these requirements in mind, A Walk To Remember is not my cup of tea.

And yet, dare I use a dreadful pun? The books had it's occasional *sparks*. It helped that I r
Lara
Nov 16, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was my first Nicholas Sparks book and I must say that I am impressed. I wasn't expecting it to be this good. I really enjoyed A Walk to Remember. (If you watched the movie and didn't like it, you need to know that THE BOOK AND MOVIE (as usual) IS REALLY DIFFERENT). It was a short read so I fly through it in a day. If you're looking for a heart warming/breaking book to make you wanna feel the all the feels, then you should pick this one up.
Alexxy
Jan 17, 2016 Alexxy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
'It was, I remembered thinking, the most difficult walk anyone ever had to make.
In every way, a walk to remember.'

If I was to shorten the story in one sentence, I'd say A Walk to Remember is the story of bad boy Landon falling in love with sweet and innocent Jamie.

The writing was easy and the plot wasn't too complicated. Some things were also a tad bit cliché but I don't think that anything will ever be new in romance novels anymore.

At first, Landon's character really pissed me off but he g
Suraya (thesuraya)
Feb 19, 2016 Suraya (thesuraya) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tear-jerker
given that i have watched the movie multiple times before, this book is not what I expected to read. the are so many differences between both the movie and the book. the book is special but I love the movie way more. The movie meant a lot to me than the book did.
Suzanne
May 21, 2016 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rylee-reese, owned
Read prior to GR. I just bought this last week for my daughter, so you never know. I may re-read. Loved the movie too, the lesser known Shane West was a fave from my very most fave show ER. Sweet, innocent and hopeful. What's not to love about that?
Aisyah (≧◡≦) ♡
My first Nick Sparks book, a beautiful one too. At first I was kind of reluctant to read it since the story is set in 1958 and I thought it was going to be slow and well, boring. Boy was I wrong, this book was engaging and I feel that it's very entertaining to read the book in Landon's POV.

I particularly love the stark contrast between Landon, the bad boy gone good, and Jamie, the devout Christian girl who is everything nice on the surface and with closer inspection, a strong character whom I f
Teresa
Feb 01, 2012 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this book was. Once again, Nicholas Sparks outdone himself. When I first started reading this, I didn't expect much, seeing as how it was a tragedy and I don't really care for tragedies, after the disaster with Romeo and Juliet LOL. However, there was something more to this book than other sad books I've read in my life. For one, this book touched my heart-REALLY touched my heart- and made me ask myself all these questions about love an ...more
Sandy
I only picked up this book from the library because they didn't have the specific books I was looking for in, so I walked through the aisles and randomly selected a few so the trip wasn't a waste. When I saw it on the shelf, I remembered that someone a while ago had recommended that I read it and "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks, and because books are almost always better than the movie versions, I decided to give it a shot.

I actually liked the movie when I saw it. I am a sappy girl like that s
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
Just saw the movie last night, now I really want to read this book. Even though I'm not into contemporaries, I'm addicted to books with sick charactes, or opposite attraction (minus Fault in our Stars). The question is do I want an ebook, or a physical copy?

NadiaN99
معصوميتي كه توي اين داستان احساس ميشه خيلي وقته از داستان هاي عاشقانه محو شده(حداقل تا جايي كه من ديدم) خوبه همچين كتابايي رو بخونيم و به خودمون ياداوري كنيم كه همه ادما -توي هر وضعيتي كه باشن- ميتونن فرصت عشق و عاشق بودن رو داشته باشن
-و گريه كنيم،خيلي گريه كنيم-
Tanbanan
Jun 23, 2008 Tanbanan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, young-adult
My all time favorite Nicholas Sparks book! It was the first one that I read and remains the one I love the most!
Kyla Harris
Pace - 9/10 - fast
Ending - 10/10
86/100 = B+
4/5 stars

why are nicolous sparks endings so perfect??! he's the king at writing them. I want to cry. I did feel like there should have been more development in their relationship I felt a little bit like insta-love. I also dislike how he left out his friends and school in the second half of the book when the was a big part in the first. it felt unnatural because we didn't know wha
Maddie
Jun 11, 2008 Maddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good. It is for sure one of my favorites. The book and movie are not exactly the same. Jamie's character is inspiring. She is such a good person and changes Landon's character for the better.- A miracle- This is the first book that I couldnt read at times because my eyes were filled with tears. A Walk to Remember is a fantastic, quick read that is worth your time.
Jess
Dec 04, 2016 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, rereads
I fall in love with this book more and more each time I read it :) This is my favorite book and I'm glad I made it a tradition to reread it every year :)

Read for the first time: 2002? 2003?
Read for the second time: 2009?
Read for the third time: December 9, 2013
Read for the fourth time: December 3, 2014
Read for the fifth time: November 19, 2015
Read for the sixth time: December 4, 2016
Ahmad
Jun 15, 2015 Ahmad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is beautiful.
It's so heart warming and wonderfully written.
This is my first Nicholas Sparks book and it was truly wonderful.
I really enjoyed this book a lot.
Amazing
Bridget
Aug 08, 2008 Bridget rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hated it. First and last Sparks book for me. Tried way to hard to go for the tear jerking moments.
Maede
کلیشه در داستان ها همیشه وجود داشته و مخصوصاً در رمنس از همیشه بیشتر خودش رو نشون میده. ولی کلیشه باید از جایی شروع بشه و بعضی کتاب ها کلیشه سازند، این هم یکی از اون کتاب هاست؛ با توجه به نویسنده و اینکه در 2004 چاپ شده و تعداد داستان ها و فیلم هایی که بعد از این سال با این موضوع خوندم و دیدم، البته که خودش هم کلیشه های زیادی رو استفاده کرده

عشق بین دختری بسیار خوب و فرشته وار و پسری به اصطلاح "بد". خانواده های متفاوت که از هم دل خوشی ندارند، تقابل دین دار معتقد سنتی و پولدار سیاست مدار. زندگی 19
Novel
This is the nth time that I re-read this book and I'm sure it wont be the last. A Walk to Remember is the first N. Sparks book I read and will always be one of my favorites.

The story begins with Landon Carter reminiscing his senior year in Beaufort High. The year where Landon, a politician son fell for Jamie Sullivan, a pastor's daughter. Destiny brought these two different personalities together which changed their lives and the people around them forever.

Likes: Everything! When I first read th
Book Lover
Aug 05, 2007 Book Lover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this is the one that started it all for me. It was the first book I had read in a very long time and I loved it!! I cried at the end and my heart just broke for the two of them. I can't say I liked the movie much. As far as I am concerned, it strayed way too much from the storyline. They made it too modern and the whole appeal of the book was the time that it was set in. This one made me wonder if any of the others was any good. I was very impressed with "Message..." (that one made me cry to ...more
Anne
Nov 13, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a truly beautiful and simple love story
Recommended to Anne by: Sarah - Thornton's girl
I love A Walk to Remember. Simply love it.

And I don't often say this, but the movie was better. I loved this book, and it had many wonderful elements that the movie lacked, but somehow it didn't come get me the way the movie never fails to do. I never cry at movies, as in never (ask Becca - she'll gladly give you a ready confirmation!), but A Walk to Remember usually makes me tear up a few times.

I've seen it countless times and love it so much that I thought it was finally time to give the boo
Which is better the movie or the book? 23 108 2 hours, 22 min ago
Crazy for Young A...: Pair #3: Ashlyn and Leah (January Besties) 16 19 Jan 17, 2017 07:30PM
The Book Was Better: A WALK TO REMEMBER 29 107 Nov 20, 2016 08:10AM
How do you interpret the ending? 45 1197 Sep 09, 2016 09:03PM
http://healthflyup.com/tvolve/ 1 2 Sep 08, 2016 11:50PM
  • Finding Noel
  • Sam's Letters to Jennifer
  • The Angels Trilogy (Angels, #1-3)
  • The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • Echoes
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
  • The Smoke Jumper
  • The Christmas Shoes (Christmas Hope #1)
  • Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1)
  • Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly #2)
  • The Last Valentine

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the n

More about Nicholas Sparks...

“Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.” 21150 likes