Start by marking “The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Short Story)” as Want to Read:
The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Short Story)

The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  452 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Features an exclusive author interview—plus an excerpt from Steven Barnes’ new full-length Star Wars novel, The Cestus Deception

WHAT LIES BENEATH

Dispatched as a Republic envoy to the Outer Rim planet Ord Cestus—in a bid to halt the sale of potentially deadly “bio-droids” to the Confederacy—Obi-Wan Kenobi finds himself enlisted in a mission more desperate, and dangerous, t
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 18th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Hive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hive

Path of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynHeir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnDarth Plagueis by James LucenoRule of Two by Drew KarpyshynDynasty of Evil by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
125th out of 320 books — 888 voters
Into the Void by Tim LebbonPrecipice by John Jackson MillerSkyborn by John Jackson MillerParagon by John Jackson MillerSavior by John Jackson Miller
Star Wars Lit 1
70th out of 98 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jim C
This is an ebook novella that takes place during the novel The Cestus Deception. Obi-Wan is asked to recover royal eggs that have been protected for years.

I liked this short story better than the actual novel. This went straight to the heart of the matter. It was a nice adventure that required Jedi skills and intelligence. I also enjoyed the little twist at the end that fans will enjoy.

I didn't give this a four star rating because of its timeframe. This should have been included in the novel and
Mike Jozic
Marginally entertaining. I enjoy early stories of the Clone Wars so I honestly hoped for a little more than this.
McGooglykins
I'm rating this four stars because it did everything I wanted it to do for me as a short story - sufficiently amused me during a nightshift. That said, it's not particularly standout, and I found a couple of the "plot twists" a tad contrived. I may read it again, I may not - but I don't regret reading it or feel my time has been wasted by doing so.
Victor Orozco
Nice. A very good story in that it relates briefly to the events of the novel Cestus Deception. Obi-Wan Kenobi is tasked with the finding of a collection of eggs of the X'Ting people's royal family. Assisting him is a noble warrior who has his doubts on Kenobi but is surprised by the Jedi's character in the end. Short but sweet. B-
Angela
This is a short story/ novella set during the events of the Cestus deception. Obi wan is asked to retrieve royal eggs, this involves a quest into the depths of the planet. It's a lot of fun with many action sequences and some nice character interactions. A good read.
Matthew
A fun little adventure much more in the style of classic Star Wars than the full novel this was linked with. Monsters and puzzles and scary moments, and the ending made me chuckle.
Chris
Ended too fast. Was looking for more. Great addition to The Cestus Deception.
Hector
An interesting supplement to "Star Wars: The Cestus Deception."
Ricky Ganci
I never want to read about a X’ting again.
Jason Benfer
Jason Benfer marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Jim Pike
Jim Pike marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Lucille Haden
Lucille Haden marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Anders
Anders marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Hira Tariq
Hira Tariq marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Richard Shank
Richard Shank marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Barrett
Barrett marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Wendy Mills
Wendy Mills marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Michael Hegner
Michael Hegner marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
  • Star Wars: A Forest Apart
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Battle Surgeons (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #4) (Medstar, #1)
  • A Practical Man (Star Wars: Boba Fett)
  • Siege (Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit, #2)
  • Saboteur (Star Wars:  Darth Maul, #1)
  • Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)
  • The Ruins of Dantooine (Star Wars: Galaxies)
  • Jedi Trial (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #6)
  • Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #7)
  • Crosscurrent (Star Wars)
  • Scourge (Star Wars)
20058
Steven Barnes (born March 1, 1952, Los Angeles, California) is an African American science fiction writer, lecturer, creative consultant, and human performance technician.

He has written several episodes of The Outer Limits and Baywatch. He has also written the episode "Brief Candle" for Stargate SG-1 and the Andromeda episode "The Sum of its Parts". Barnes's first published piece of fiction, the 1
More about Steven Barnes...
The Cestus Deception (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3) The Invisible Imam (Assassin's Creed, #1) Lion's Blood (Lion's Blood, #1) Devil's Wake Zulu Heart (Lion's Blood, #2)