Start by marking “The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Short Story)” as Want to Read:
The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Short Story)

The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Features an exclusive author interview—plus an excerpt from Steven Barnes’ new full-length Star Wars novel, The Cestus Deception

WHAT LIES BENEATH

Dispatched as a Republic envoy to the Outer Rim planet Ord Cestus—in a bid to halt the sale of potentially deadly “bio-droids” to the Confederacy—Obi-Wan Kenobi finds himself enlisted in a mission more desperate, and dangerous, t
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Hive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hive

Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnPath of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnRule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn
Best Star Wars Books
138th out of 313 books — 815 voters
Into the Void by Tim LebbonPrecipice by John Jackson MillerSkyborn by John Jackson MillerParagon by John Jackson MillerSavior by John Jackson Miller
Star Wars Lit 1
70th out of 98 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Jim C
This is an ebook novella that takes place during the novel The Cestus Deception. Obi-Wan is asked to recover royal eggs that have been protected for years.

I liked this short story better than the actual novel. This went straight to the heart of the matter. It was a nice adventure that required Jedi skills and intelligence. I also enjoyed the little twist at the end that fans will enjoy.

I didn't give this a four star rating because of its timeframe. This should have been included in the novel and
Leonardo
Really short story.

Obi-one has a solo quest on a world populated by a species of ant-sapiens. This story is chronologically placed between the Chapther III and the Chapther II motion pictures.

Just action packed. Not much of anything else.
Curtis Sylvia
A bit slow at first but turned out to be great!
Mike Jozic
Marginally entertaining. I enjoy early stories of the Clone Wars so I honestly hoped for a little more than this.
McGooglykins
I'm rating this four stars because it did everything I wanted it to do for me as a short story - sufficiently amused me during a nightshift. That said, it's not particularly standout, and I found a couple of the "plot twists" a tad contrived. I may read it again, I may not - but I don't regret reading it or feel my time has been wasted by doing so.
Victor Orozco
Nice. A very good story in that it relates briefly to the events of the novel Cestus Deception. Obi-Wan Kenobi is tasked with the finding of a collection of eggs of the X'Ting people's royal family. Assisting him is a noble warrior who has his doubts on Kenobi but is surprised by the Jedi's character in the end. Short but sweet. B-
Angela
This is a short story/ novella set during the events of the Cestus deception. Obi wan is asked to retrieve royal eggs, this involves a quest into the depths of the planet. It's a lot of fun with many action sequences and some nice character interactions. A good read.
Matthew
A fun little adventure much more in the style of classic Star Wars than the full novel this was linked with. Monsters and puzzles and scary moments, and the ending made me chuckle.
Chris
Ended too fast. Was looking for more. Great addition to The Cestus Deception.
Hector
An interesting supplement to "Star Wars: The Cestus Deception."
Ricky Ganci
I never want to read about a X’ting again.
Brii
Brii added it
May 22, 2015
Honnah
Honnah marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Marti
Marti added it
May 14, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Dana Williams
Dana Williams marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Krista Murdock
Krista Murdock marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Joey Lester
Joey Lester marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
  • Star Wars: A Forest Apart
  • Jedi Healer (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #5) (Medstar, #2)
  • A Practical Man (Star Wars: Boba Fett)
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Siege (Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit, #2)
  • Saboteur (Star Wars:  Darth Maul, #1)
  • The Ruins of Dantooine (Star Wars: Galaxies)
  • Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)
  • Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #7)
  • Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #3)
  • The Force Unleashed II (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, #2)
  • Against the Empire (Star Wars: Last of the Jedi, #8)
  • Riptide (Star Wars)
  • Jedi Trial (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #6)
20058
Steven Barnes (born March 1, 1952, Los Angeles, California) is an African American science fiction writer, lecturer, creative consultant, and human performance technician.

He has written several episodes of The Outer Limits and Baywatch. He has also written the episode "Brief Candle" for Stargate SG-1 and the Andromeda episode "The Sum of its Parts". Barnes's first published piece of fiction, the 1
More about Steven Barnes...

Star Wars: Clone Wars (7 books)
  • Shatterpoint (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #1)
  • Legacy of the Jedi (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #2)
  • The Cestus Deception (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3)
  • Battle Surgeons (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #4) (Medstar, #1)
  • Jedi Healer (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #5) (Medstar, #2)
  • Jedi Trial (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #6)
  • Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #7)
The Cestus Deception (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3) The Invisible Imam (Assassin's Creed, #1) Lion's Blood (Lion's Blood, #1) Devil's Wake Zulu Heart (Lion's Blood, #2)