The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #3)

The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Features an exclusive author interview—plus an excerpt from Steven Barnes’ new full-length Star Wars novel, The Cestus Deception

WHAT LIES BENEATH

Dispatched as a Republic envoy to the Outer Rim planet Ord Cestus—in a bid to halt the sale of potentially deadly “bio-droids” to the Confederacy—Obi-Wan Kenobi finds himself enlisted in a mission more desperate, and dangerous, t...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 18th 2004)

Mike Jozic
Marginally entertaining. I enjoy early stories of the Clone Wars so I honestly hoped for a little more than this.
McGooglykins
I'm rating this four stars because it did everything I wanted it to do for me as a short story - sufficiently amused me during a nightshift. That said, it's not particularly standout, and I found a couple of the "plot twists" a tad contrived. I may read it again, I may not - but I don't regret reading it or feel my time has been wasted by doing so.
Victor Orozco
Nice. A very good story in that it relates briefly to the events of the novel Cestus Deception. Obi-Wan Kenobi is tasked with the finding of a collection of eggs of the X'Ting people's royal family. Assisting him is a noble warrior who has his doubts on Kenobi but is surprised by the Jedi's character in the end. Short but sweet. B-
Angela
This is a short story/ novella set during the events of the Cestus deception. Obi wan is asked to retrieve royal eggs, this involves a quest into the depths of the planet. It's a lot of fun with many action sequences and some nice character interactions. A good read.
Matthew
A fun little adventure much more in the style of classic Star Wars than the full novel this was linked with. Monsters and puzzles and scary moments, and the ending made me chuckle.
Chris
Ended too fast. Was looking for more. Great addition to The Cestus Deception.
Hector
An interesting supplement to "Star Wars: The Cestus Deception."
Ricky Ganci
I never want to read about a X’ting again.
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Jeffrey Newman
Jeffrey Newman marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Jimmy Kaldor
Jimmy Kaldor marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Swiggles
Swiggles marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Stephen Marquez
Stephen Marquez marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Willie Thomas
Willie Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
  • Star Wars: A Forest Apart
  • A Practical Man (Star Wars: Boba Fett)
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Battle Surgeons (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #4) (Medstar, #1)
  • Saboteur (Star Wars:  Darth Maul, #1)
  • Siege (Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit, #2)
  • The Ruins of Dantooine (Star Wars: Galaxies)
  • Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)
  • Riptide (Star Wars)
  • The Final Showdown (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #10)
  • The Wrath of Darth Maul (Star Wars)
  • Knight Errant (Star Wars)
20058
Steven Barnes (born March 1, 1952, Los Angeles, California) is an African American science fiction writer, lecturer, creative consultant, and human performance technician.

He has written several episodes of The Outer Limits and Baywatch. He has also written the episode "Brief Candle" for Stargate SG-1 and the Andromeda episode "The Sum of its Parts". Barnes's first published piece of fiction, the 1...more
More about Steven Barnes...
The Cestus Deception (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #2) Lion's Blood (Lion's Blood, #1) The Invisible Imam (Assassin's Creed, #1) Devil's Wake Zulu Heart (Lion's Blood, #2)