Start by marking “Discovering” as Want to Read:
Discovering

Discovering (Lily Dale #4)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  524 ratings  ·  39 reviews

After finally learning who was behind her mother’s death, Calla still doesn’t understand why it happened. Somewhere out there, someone seems to share the powerful psychic abilities that allow Calla to see not only into the past, but to the Other Side—someone who apparently doesn’t want to be found. Will Calla’s journey lead to the closure she's been searching for, or wil

Published October 13th 2009 by Walker & Company

To ask other readers questions about Discovering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovering

Katy H
Another installment of Lily Dale goodness. I gather that this was meant to be the last book in the series (since it was published about 4 years ago), but I wouldn't object to reading more. The vast majority of burning questions were answered, but I often wonder what happened after the end. (view spoiler)...more
Linda Munro
Although the other three books in this series were fairly awesome; this book wrapped too many things together, bringing the series to an abrupt conclusion and left the reader wondering WTF? It would be great if the author either continued the series to dismiss this last book or rewrote the last book. Extremely disappointing after the previous three books!
Barbara
This was the last of four books for young adults set in Lily Dale, New York, a community of mediums, clairvoyants, and other spiritualists, as well as some "mere mortals". The books center on teenager Calla Delaney. Her life in Tampa, Florida was destroyed the day she found her mother's broken body at the foot of the stairs. Devastated, her father sends her to live with her grandmother in Lily Dale "temporarily " while he flees to California to teach at a university and look for a new place to l...more
Discovering is the fourth book in the Lily Dale series and concludes the drama for Calla. These books have been fun to read – they are quick and the character were very likable to me. Straub does a good job weaving a little thrill and mystery into the high school drama for Calla and her friends. Books 1-3 in the series left you hanging at the end of each one, and I think this last book does a good job of finishing the series. Another fun YA read.
Sara
3.5 stars. Probably my least favorite book in this series but still enjoyable enough to read in one sitting. Calla, from a family of mediums, is learning how to use her psychic abilities while dealing with her dad moving nearby, trying to dig up the truth about her mother's past, and wanting to find the truth about what happened to her mom and why. I thought the mystery in this book was fairly predictable, although some of the details surprised me. Though this installment did tie up some loose e...more
Dana
I loved it although it was almost anticlimactic. Calla has the boy she wants Jacy..her father has come to live in Lilly Dale after the latest incident, where her mothers killer tried killing her. And still something is missing. As we get closure on many areas the one left open is her mom's and Darrin's past. And as we well know most secrets won't remain hidden.

In this final installment pieces start to fall in place. Friends solidify and places are found to put things we just don't know what to d...more
Connie
Since I have a strong interest in the metaphysical community, I really enjoyed this 4th volume in her Lily Dale series for Young Adults. I have now read the entire series and hope that she will continue to add more books to this series.

Even though this was a teen book written from a teen's perspective, I feel that adults could enjoy it as I did. It did not include the horror and violence of many of the metaphysical/suspense titles written for adults. I do not read these.

I am going to call it a "...more
Natalie
Another really good book to the series. It wasn't as "edge of my seat" but then it was concluding everything so it was supposed to move a bit slower. It is definately a young adult read, but I like that. It was easy to move through and I cared about the characters and was eager to see what would happen next. what more could ya ask for in a book! Hmm... not sure what I will dive into next.
Kathy
Jan 23, 2010 Kathy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
This was definitely my least favorite book in the series. Understandably, it was slower paced since it was basically wrapping up all the loose ends. However, it was repetitive and by the end, I was really sick of Calla. There were also some small inconsistencies from the previous book. Not a big deal, but annoying. On the whole, I enjoyed the series but I am glad it is over.
Alayna
I cannot get over these books! This last book tied up everything perfectly in a way that kept me hanging on every word. I seriously could not put any of these four books down, and they weren't like some sequels where everything slows down after the first book... In fact, I think things might actually pick up! BEWARE: Once you start to read these books, you're not going to want to stop!
Cathy Rodriguez
I've had a sinus infection so I haven't felt like doing anything but reading. That's why I finished the Lily Dale books so quickly. I really don't know if this finished the series or not. It seems like Staub has left open the story line for more sequels, but didn't see anything about any upcoming books on her website. She did finally tie the main story line to a close.
Erin
This was a great end to the series. Wendy tied up a lot of loose ends with Calla and her family. I am sad to see the series end but will be reading more by this author. This book kept me on my toes the whole time I never knew what the characters were going to do or experience.
Mandie
wow,was so caught up with all the psychics etc.really wanted to get to the end to read that calla really did get to see her mum and find out what really happened to her mum and tom. brilliant series. wasnt my usual read so well done wendy on getting me hooked.
Paula Vaughn
I was skeptical to read the series because it was YA and paranormal. I became engrossed in the books immediately. I'm sad to see the series end but sometimes that can be good. I wouldn't want to read the same stories over again again with different titles.
Dascha
Book 4 of the Lily Dale series. What Calla is finding out about her mother's past is shocking and confusing all-the-way to the end. Makes you want to check out the place Lily Dale is based on! Intriguing read.
Victoria Shepherd
The final book in the Lily Dale series, this book shares the unadorned, forthright storytelling of its predecessors. Economical and entertaining, if somewhat workmanlike. But the series is great fun to read.
Kristie
This book series just grabbed a hold of me and didn't let go until i was finished with all 4 books. i really liked the books i almost wish there were more books about Calla and her half sister Laura
Sydney
my favorite book series ever, i am praying for another book about calla and jacy! i will be highly disapointed if this was the end of the series. it left me wanting much, much, more. haha.
Rhiannon Torres
Loved the final book in the series. I really hope another book is in the works. Great tie of the loose end of the story. As much as its about mediums it's also about family.
Ellen Stenzler

A quick read, and I liked how it wrapped up the storyline of the preceding 3 books. Personally, I was expecting more of a twist at the end, but I still enjoyed it.
Erin
I love this YA series. I wish it were more readily available as I think lots of kids/teens would like it. Definitely one to check out!! Can't wait for the next one!
Caroline
The writing was ok. the story was good. But the best part was the depiction of the Spiritual Community of Lily Dale in New York (near Buffalo.)
Afsana
I loved this series. They were quick reads but in a good way and I read the whole series one after another in about 3 days

all 4 books

Jamie Brooks
Awesome 4th installment. Definitly answered a lot of questions I had about Calla's family. Can't wait to see what comes next in the series.
Cetta Hartman
This was probably the weakest of the series, but I can see how it was needed to wrap up some story lines and set the stage for new ones.
Christina Reeder
I enjoyed this series. To me each book was a page turner, wanting to know what was going to happen next. Yep, enjoyed for sure.
Bonnie
I really enjoyed this series! I want to read more from the author. Sad that it's over.
Emma Lairson
I love how it ends. It's a closure that the readers and the characters need.
Silvia
Loved the story line. Hope this isn't the end of the story.
Dawn Ramage
Loved this serious, although the ending was too quick!
  • The Circle of Blood (Forensic Mysteries, #3)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • The Guidance (Ghost Huntress, #2)
  • Ghost in Trouble (Bailey Ruth, #3)
  • To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)
  • Jane on Her Own (Catwings, #4)
  • Revenant (Zoe Martinique, #4)
  • The Intruders
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • Girl Meets Ghost
  • December 1941: The Month That Changed America And Saved The World
  • The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney
  • Project 17
  • Broken Date
  • Mercy Kill (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2)
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • The Hanging Hill (Haunted Mystery, #2)
  • The Mystery on Stage (The Boxcar Children, #43)
Here's my Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/corsistaub

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/WendyCorsiStaub

New York Times bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub is the award-winning author of more than seventy-five published novels and has sold more than four million books worldwide. Under her own name, Wendy achieved New York Times bestselling status with her single title psychological sus...more
More about Wendy Corsi Staub...
Awakening (Lily Dale, #1) Don't Scream All The Way Home Kiss Her Goodbye Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1)