Start by marking “Say You're Mine (Spellbound, #1)” as Want to Read:
Say You're Mine (Spellbound, #1)

Say You're Mine (Spellbound #1)

Not even magic will save her from falling for the one man she shouldn’t.

Book one in the Spellbound Series

There are two things Violet Calder knows. Magic and that cops and witches don’t mix. Fantasizing about sexy detective Reece Prescott doesn’t help matters, especially when her own clumsiness lands her in the middle of his undercover assignment.

Forced to pretend the go

Published (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Say You're Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say You're Mine

Feb 23, 2015 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Say You're mine is the in The Spellbound Series by Sydney Somers. It's a paranormal romance that fits well into Contemporary with just a few witchy elements.

As soon as you start the story you can feel the sparks that fly between Reece and Violet. Reece is a detective with the police force and Violet works with her family running a Private Investigator business. They have crossed paths for a while now and both are attracted to one another but due to circumstances have never acted on their feelin
Diana Reeves
Oct 17, 2016 Diana Reeves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different kind of story

This story was a little different that what I normally read but it was a good one. Violet works in her family private investigation business and is always meeting new people and detectives. One particular detective named Reece makes her have goosebumps and butterflies but she tries to avoid him.

Violet is off limits to Detective Reece, or so her brothers keep reminding him. While on a dangerous case, he runs into Violet while coming to her rescue after she falls. Reece has
May 30, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book I've read by Sydney and I must say it will not be the last. If you like romance with a little magic this one is for you. This is the first installment in the series Spellbound. We first met Violet Calder in the private investigation office her family owns. Also in the office is Detective Reece Prescott. Who has one eye out for her brother and one eye on her. After a brief conversation with the hot detective and a late evening meeting with a client, fate throws Violet into o ...more
Trish R.
Jun 29, 2015 Trish R. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice read..

This was a really cute story. The magic was fun and was always just in time and very, very confusing For Reece, since he had no idea how it happened but was beginning to suspect that had something to do with Violet.

They were a wonderful couple without a bit of angst and no misunderstandings and that’s always nice. It was marvelous.

There other players were good also: Sloan (Reece’s partner) was worried about him being happy. Leslie (Violet’s best friend) had some pretty funny lines. Fi
Jan 17, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This first installment of a new series has a little bit of everything: cops, PIs, drug dealers, murders, dog-nappings … oh, and don’t forget the witch. Say You’re Mine is a fast placed cop romance that doesn't take itself too seriously.
PI Violet Calder accidentally stumbles into the middle of Detective Reece Prescott’s first meeting with a local drug lord while she is working on a routine case of her own. In order to get her away from the bad guys, he introduces her as his girlfriend. It’s not
Jan 12, 2015 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh the chemistry between Violet and Reece was a whole lot of fun! From start to finish their foreplay, whether verbal or physical, was smoking. There were a lot of fun scenes for this story. And Violet being the witch and her self confidence had me smirking in several places. She was a fun character. Then there is Reece, smoking hot Reece. What a man to have nearby. I enjoyed their interactions as well as the secondary story. I am glad it was not too intense. Finn and Dante are interesting chara ...more
Probably a 3.5. I really enjoyed most of it. Fun banter and situations between Reece and Violet. If they were a bit better developed, and if they sensual moments had not gotten a bit repetitive/purple prosey, and if not for a few typos I wood have given it a solid 4.

Worth a read.

He pushed her hair behind her ear, keeping his mouth close to her cheek. “Undercover operation. Tim’s brother deals in Meth. And the name is Reece. Calling me ‘detective’ right now could get us both killed.”

Her lips s
Shannon Ferguson
I loved this quick sexy paranormal read.

Reece is a sexy detective who always seems yo butt heads with the Calder family. Violet is an awesome heroine who I could definitely imagine being besties with. The sexual tension between Reece and Violet is crazy, even when it seems they want to strangle each other. The suspense in this book was fantastic, and I never would've imagined the shocking twist this book took towards the end. I would definitely recommend one clicking this!!
Sep 24, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun book! The only thing I didn't like was the fact it was too short! I wanted to read more of Reece and Violet. I could get used to a whole series of them working together, lol. For a short book everything was perfect. The characters were great together and I loved their banter. The story line was nice and flowed together well. This is the first book by this author and I look forward to reading more by her. Highly recommend.
Bookgyrl J (Janet)
I really liked this one. It has got a hot detective and a beautiful witch, so I was fast to buy. The only complaint is that the story seemed so short. I was just getting into it and expecting some more and.. The end.

Fortunately, there are more stories in this series. But I still wished for some extra pages!
The premise is so great and I wished there was more info on Violet's powers.
Nicole Smith
Jan 07, 2015 Nicole Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I so enjoyed this one. Reece is just yummy and alpha. Violet is a witch and she needs to keep her family's secret, but the man she has been crushing on and trying to avoid is going to get a lot more cozy. I enjoyed the quirks of the characters and how everything flowed so well. Can't wait to check out more on the Cadler family.
Sep 22, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute book

A misspelling about half way through, but it actually made me laugh when I saw it. The book itself was great, with a lot of humor and love wrote into it. This poor detective didn't know whether to get his eyes checked or bed the woman. Good story.
Deb Diem
May 02, 2015 Deb Diem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Say You're Mine by Sydney Somers is a well written book. I enjoyed the characters and humor. This book has a bit of action and a bit of heat. Say You're Mine is a short read, perfect for those with limited time for reading. This book is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Feb 22, 2015 Shay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A funny and steamy romance with some light suspense thrown in. This is the start to what looks like a good series based on a family of witches. I look forward to reading the next book about Violet's brother Finn.
Michelle Bledsoe
Mar 01, 2015 Michelle Bledsoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Sydney Somers's books.

I have always enjoyed reading books by Ms. Somers. SAY YOU'RE MINE is no exception. The love story is hot and the adventures are exciting. Her books are definitely keepers.
Sep 27, 2016 Krys rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sassy, quirky and full of fun

Loved loved loved the Calder's this one book has officially got me hooked on Sydney's books I cannot wait to read more.
Rachael Rahn
Feb 22, 2015 Rachael Rahn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Seemed quick and for a first in the series as if you're starting in the middle of the story. The plot was cute and simple.
Romancing Mama
Feb 18, 2015 Romancing Mama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not usually a fan of paranormal Romancw but Syndey Sommers books are the exception...witches...cops... the combo are magic. READ THIS BOOK!!
Tracy Zullo
I couldn't seem to get into the book. I didn't find the attraction between the two main characters believable for me.
This was a super fun read. The energy and characters went well together.
Alexa Rowan
Feb 22, 2015 Alexa Rowan marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 14%.
Cathy Geha
Dec 08, 2013 Cathy Geha rated it really liked it
A short fun romp of a story that has witch Violet Calder falling into an undercover operation while out looking for a stolen pet. Her encounter with Reece, the undercover cop, leads to more undercover work that is much more pleasurable than the one she becomes entangled in by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. A bit of magic to solve a few dicey situations and magic between the sheets then magic as a potential disrupter of love all go together to make this a delightful read written by S ...more
Kimberly Hutchins
Sep 14, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short

Loved the story but it was too short. I thought the story could have been developed more. I loved the characters. I hope. I hear more about them in the next books in the series.
TRASHY. I marked this in my read pile, but I really only made it until the second chapter until there were f-bombs and graphic sex...definitely skip this one.
Cathy Knuth
Cathy Knuth marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Rhonda Stolte Darnell
Rhonda Stolte Darnell rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Kristin Kinman
Kristin Kinman marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Dawn Raker
Dawn Raker rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
  • Taking the Cake (The Strip Series)
  • Worth Waiting For
  • In the Dark (Children of Night, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Konigsburg, #4)
  • After Midnight (Denver After Dark, #1)
  • Wild Girls Rule (Everly Brothers, #1)
  • A Perfect Match
  • Make Me a Match
  • Witched At Birth (A Paris, Texas Romance, #1)
  • Just Right (The Bradfords, #1)
A born and raised Maritimer, Sydney Somers fell in love with writing when she finished her first story, Jenny and the Glowing Green Mittens. After attempting her first book in high school, she set writing aside to focus on school. While getting her degrees in psychology and education, Sydney tried her hand at journalism between part time jobs before finally returning to her love of writing.

More about Sydney Somers...

Spellbound (5 books)
  • Don't Let Go: A Calder Witch Romance (Spellbound Book 2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Spellbound, #3)
  • Must Be Magic (Spellbound, #4)
  • Going Wild (A Sapphire Falls Kindle World Novella)