Start by marking “Cry for the Moon (The Last Werewolf Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cry for the Moon (The Last Werewolf Hunter, #1)

Read Book

Cry for the Moon (The Last Werewolf Hunter #1)

What would you do, if the people you loved wanted you to become a monster? What if they wouldn't take no for an answer? When Zach Trewick is faced with questions like these, there seems to be only one choice he can make. . . Run.

Sleeping under bridges and raking leaves to scrounge money, he gives up the only life he's ever known and goes in search of his uncle Justin, the
Published by Jeremiah Press (first published February 11th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cry for the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry for the Moon

Maria
May 05, 2009 Maria rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've ever read. I think readers of all ages will love this inspirational tale. I was hooked from the start. On the surface it is a humourous adventure and yet if you look deeper it is a story about life and searching for something more. Twelve year-old Zach comes from a family of loup garous (werewolves). He has now reached the age where he is ready to be initiated and become a 'monster' as he puts it. His family have already set the wheels in motion to turn him int ...more
Kevis Hendrickson
Jul 23, 2009 Kevis Hendrickson rated it really liked it
Zach is your typical kid who loves to read, play with his friends, and hike through the woods. However, Zach’s family has a dark secret. They are werewolves! Now that Zach has reached the proper age, his family wants to help him transform into a werewolf. But Zach refuses to become a monster and decides the only way to escape this grim fate is to run away from home. Here begins the adventure which will change Zach’s life forever.

Through an effective use of first-person narration, Woodall allows
Mary Findley
Apr 14, 2013 Mary Findley rated it really liked it
Sometimes You Just Can't Grow Up to Be Like Mom and Dad.

Move over, Harper Lee. William Woodall has created one of the most realistic child characters since Scout Finch. Zach's a real, simple, intelligent, determined boy. There are good reasons to run away from home and he's found one. His family's shifts from chilling to normal are very well done. Some things, like the silver bullets, seem skimmed over, even though the pacing of the book was almost slow, like life in the South, where the book is
Kristy
REALLY enjoyed this one. It's the perfect mix of survival story meets running from werewolves meets finding faith. I love the main character; he portrays the whole thing so well, and with a great sense of humor...and the hunt he goes on to find his long-lost uncle is full of unique twists and survival plots. This was a great lean-back-and-have-a-blast-reading-it book. :P
Georgia
Oct 19, 2013 Georgia rated it liked it
While this is presented as a supernatural story, it really didn't have a lot to do with the overall book except to set off the young character of Zach. Mostly it is a boy's adventure story, with Zach making his way from Tennessee to Texas in search of his uncle and his time on the road. The character of Zach is engaging and truthful which made it enjoyable read because the young man definitely had a tone of voice.

At the end though, it felt more like a book about religion and finding god. Now, I
Caleb Mcquade
Nov 05, 2014 Caleb Mcquade rated it really liked it

Great book for everyone
For my project read book I chose Cry For The Moon by William Woodall. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone because i really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed this book because it was really descriptive and very suspenseful. it was suspenseful because throughout the whole story the boy was trying to hide from his family that want to turn him into this mythical creature called a loup-Garou(werewolf).and the main dilema is that he doesn't want to be a monster like hi
Melissa Levine
Mar 16, 2013 Melissa Levine rated it did not like it
Peter  Younghusband
Mar 31, 2015 Peter Younghusband rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Despite it being targeted towards young adults, it has appealed to the young adult that still resides in me and is still very alive and wanting more in this genre and from William Woodall.

Now I look forward to accompanying Zach on his journey to becoming the Curse-Breaker and what God has in store for him.

Highly Recommended.

Full review, go here:

Sheryl
Jul 28, 2011 Sheryl rated it it was ok
I liked this until the last few pages, it was not all close to a resolution when suddenly the book ended very abruptly.
Kathy Harrington
Feb 21, 2013 Kathy Harrington rated it it was ok
Shelves: were
Meh
Debbie
Apr 08, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it
Cry for the Moon is the first part of a three-part trilogy, "The Last Werewolf Hunter". Cry for the Moon was published in 2009 and it is intended for young adults. It is a delightful fantasy adventure, told from Zach Trewick's twelve-year-old point-of-view. It details his very early transformation into a loup-garous, and his narrow escape before he can be expected to make his first kill as a loup-garous. Zach makes his way from Tennessee to Texas, to his uncle who has long been alienated from hi ...more
Irene
May 13, 2015 Irene rated it it was ok
Don't let the title fool you. This book has almost nothing to do with werewolves, and definitely nothing to do with hunting them. It's basically just a juvenile runaway story. But it was written by someone who can actually write and who actually ran a spell check, which is a nice change from most of the self-published ebooks I've been reading lately.

The story itself was interesting, though all the main character's problems were solved just a little too well for my taste. And I kept expecting som
Kami Dodson-Perry
Jun 03, 2012 Kami Dodson-Perry rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is a good story even though it is not what I expected. It is about Zach a 12 year old boy whose family is cursed as werewolves (and they like it). Zach considers them monsters & does not want to become one of them. He is tricked into the ritual but can avoid the kill on the night of the full moon which will transform him forever. But in order to avoid the kill & not get tricked again he will have to run away.

This story follows Zach on his journey to find his uncle that he has never
S.M. Spencer
Oct 26, 2015 S.M. Spencer rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book - REALLY liked it. And yet it was not the sort of book I was expecting, nor the sort I generally read. This book reminded me of some of the Ray Bradbury books I read as a kid - with the entire story being told by a rather clever 12 year old boy. It was sort of slow ... but not, if that makes any kind of sense. And really, not a lot happened ... but it was HOW it happened that I liked - how it unfolded and how it was narrated.

If you are looking for a fast paced action pa
J K
Jul 28, 2014 J K rated it it was ok
Not badly written but not really about very much either. Things sort of happen to the character but he's quite dull and every so often there's a 'shucks God is so gosh-darned great isn't he?' In a depressingly unquestioning way.

Also would like to point out that there are almost no werewolves at all, and they are called loup-garou when they are mentioned. It's a very very safe book, perfect for an undemanding reader. Like, literally, nothing happens. Second book preview shows a bit more happenin
Deborah
Jun 03, 2012 Deborah rated it really liked it
The graphic detailed depiction of the werewolf leads the reader into thinking they are going to get a horror story. Instead they get a twelve year old named Zack. His family members are loup-garou or werewolves. It is time for Zack to be initiated into the pack and be come a loup-garou. Only Zach does not want to become a monster and realizes he must do something to save himself. Zack decides to runaway and find his uncle Justin in Texas. And so begins Zack's journey for redemption and a better ...more
Wilma
May 25, 2009 Wilma rated it really liked it
Hallowed_soul
Apr 18, 2013 Hallowed_soul rated it it was amazing
This book is about a boy named Zach whose entire family is a bunch of werewolves. When he chooses that he doesn't want to become one, he runs away, and goes for the help of his uncle Justin, who he's never met. This is an extremely good book! I didn't want to stop reading! I recommend this book to any werewolf fans!
Ella Rose Brunton
Nov 03, 2015 Ella Rose Brunton rated it really liked it
I enjoyed having a story told from a child/young teenager's point of view, it kept things nice and fresh. As far as the story went it was average. The werewolf thing seemed to be quite random, didn't exactly fit.
Bonnie Hilligoss
Dec 24, 2012 Bonnie Hilligoss rated it it was ok
I'm not a fan of first-person narratives, so maybe that is why I didn't particularly care for this book. Also, no one questioned why a 12 year old boy was on his own everywhere. Parts just seemed a little implausable and NO werewolves! Maybe things take off in the next two books.
K.M. Carroll
Sep 13, 2013 K.M. Carroll rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
This was an okay book. Well written and everything, and the characters are good. It's just that there's no climax. It's like the whole thing is a teaser for the Real Deal which starts in book 2.
Angi
Apr 21, 2013 Angi rated it liked it
Cute story...liked Zack, his journey and his resourcefulness. Didn't really feel like a whole book, but I liked it.
Alexandra Storm
it was an interesting story. told from the POV of an almost teenager. However, to finish the story you have to read part 2 and part 3. Writing style is quite interesting. Even for an adult.
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2013
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Shay Hardman
Shay Hardman rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Carla
Carla rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2011
Brandi Robinson
Brandi Robinson rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2016
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
shannon
shannon rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • I Wish... (The Witches of Desire #1)
  • Dead Spell
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Illegal Magic
  • Ashlyn's Radio
  • Prowlers (Prowlers, #1)
  • Phantom Universe (Summer Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound By Blood
  • The Psych Ward Killer (James Wilks Thrillers)
  • Creating Merry Hell (Natural Charm, #1)
  • Cranwood
  • Sundial
  • Attack Of The Sugar Plum Fairies
  • Dark Matter Heart (Cor Griffin Bloodsuckers, #1)
  • Attack of the Giant Octopus (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #6)
  • The Scent of Jade
  • Avowed (Preordained, #3)
I am the author of several adventure novels for young adults and middle graders, mostly within the fantasy and science fiction genres.

All my stories contain mild Christian themes. They are inspirational and heartwarming tales, without being preachy.

Almost every reviewer has said my work is unlike anything else they've ever read. It's hard to judge my own work, so give it a try and see if you agr
More about William Woodall...

The Last Werewolf Hunter (4 books)
  • Behind Blue Eyes (The Last Werewolf Hunter, #2)
  • More Golden Than Day (The Last Werewolf Hunter, #3)
  • Truesilver (The Last Werewolf Hunter, #4)

“You can never have the same thing twice, and it’s hopeless to try. It never works like that, and all you end up doing is breaking your heart against a solid rock. That’s why when you lose things you have to let them go instead of trying to get them back again. You can’t do it, and you only hurt yourself worse if you try. Never cry for the moon. ” 23 likes