Start by marking “Lancelot Du Lethe” as Want to Read:
Lancelot Du Lethe

Lancelot Du Lethe (Arthurian Triptych #2)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Arthurian epic that began in Mad Merlin continues in Lancelot du Lethe, the story of the greatest knight, paramour, and traitor the Round Table has ever known.

The story of Lancelot is one of striving for perfection only to fall short due to the sins of the flesh. But in Lancelot du Lethe the knight is only partially of the mortal realm. He and Guinevere share a mystic
Published December 14th 2001 by Tor Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lancelot Du Lethe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lancelot Du Lethe

Lindsey Sablowski
This book I absolutely adored. I have read many stories about Lancelot and the knights of the Round Table. Many of us probably know what the original story goes as. Though in the original legend, Lancelot is the knight who betrays King Arthur and is ultimately the reason for the ending of Camelot, I believe this novel showed another side.
The story is told from Lancelot's eyes; it starts at the very beginning when Lancelot is born. We become so involved in his dreams to be a knight --to be someth
Melissa Johnson
Don't know if I can get past the author's description of Queen Elaine having to disguise herself in peasant clothing as "she seemed a woman being raped." Highly questionable metaphor there. Also can't get past the staccato sentences like "her ears roared with wind. Her mouth burned with brine. Her skin stung with rain."

Annoyed enough at this point not to read much further. Honestly, it's why I've nearly given up on the genre to begin with.
Nikki
Carleen
Re-read this book recently, and it was my absolute favorite thing in high school, but now...not so much. Still a lovely story, a different twist than the usual Arthur/Gwen/Lancelot story, but it all just feels...rushed. As though it were a summary written about an entire series of books.
Joy
While looking at new books by authors I've read I had to mark this old read as worth remembering. A new take on an old story. Arthurian rewrites are a favorite of mine and I've read some very good new takes, this being one of them.
Sara Rebecca
Sara Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Aria Sedai
Aria Sedai marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Justin
Justin added it
Mar 06, 2015
Pearl Norrington
Pearl Norrington marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Bernadine Landl
Bernadine Landl marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Elwing
Elwing marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Dianna Salts
Dianna Salts marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 22, 2015
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Brittany Hobday
Brittany Hobday marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Margo White
Margo White marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Lola Bunting
Lola Bunting marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Amberger
Amberger marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • The Story of Sir Launcelot and His Companions
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • The Serpent and the Grail (Arthor, #4)
  • King Arthur
  • Percival's Angel (Merlin's Harp, #3)
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • Shalott (Shalott, #1)
  • Merlin's Mirror
  • The Killing Way (Arthurian Mysteries, #1)
  • King Arthur
  • The Return of Merlin
  • The Death of King Arthur
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • Mordred's Curse
  • Guardian of the Balance (Merlin's Descendants, #1)

Arthurian Triptych (3 books)
  • Mad Merlin
  • Le Morte D'Avalon
Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1) Edge of Destiny (Guild Wars, #2) Realms of Magic (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #3) Heart of Midnight (Ravenloft, #4) Time Streams (Magic: The Gathering: Artifacts Cycle, #3)