Start by marking “Doctor Who: Orbis (The New Eighth Doctor Adventures)” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Orbis (The New Eighth Doctor Adventures)

Doctor Who: Orbis (New Eighth Doctor Adventures #3.1)

The Doctor has fallen to his death. His companion, Lucie Miller, has returned to her life on Earth, grief-stricken. Then, one night, an alien visitor arrives at her front door and shoots her.

Could it be that Lucie’s days with the Doctor are not over? She will only find the answer on the planet Orbis. A planet where all forms of life are facing violent extinction.
Published March 2009

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Jamie Revell
Dec 17, 2015 Jamie Revell rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-plays
As the kick-off for the "third season" of the 8th Doctor Adventures, this is a somewhat strange beast. I suspect it's intended to be a comedy, which seems a rather odd way to start a season off, even if there are clearly serious events going on as well.

There are undeniably funny bits in it, and I particularly liked the way that Lucie's re-uniting with the Doctor was written. The acting is also good, with Sheridan Smith once again doing a great job bringing Lucie to life. (She seems to me partic
Wendy
Mar 14, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
Season 3 of the New Eighth Doctor Adventures gets off to a heck of a start in this story. It really shakes up the Doctor and Lucie's relationship as well as taking the character of the Doctor to some interesting places. In fact, it shakes things up to such an extent that I'm a tad worried that subsequent stories won't follow through - that everything will be back to normal by the next episode.

This also sets up what looks to be an interesting plot arc involving the Headhunter.

Slightly marred by
Mel
Jun 06, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
This was definitely my favourite EDA so far. I really liked the jelly fish people and the Old Doctor having lived their for 600 years and forgotten everything. The Headhunter was even better than before, she reminded me a little of an evil River Song. Lucie was back to being brilliant and hilarious again, loved the slap. The reunion was emotional and it was funny and dark and sad at the same time. The only thing that let this one down was the Trans mollusc bad guy played for laughs. Apart from t ...more
Christopher Buchanan
A very weak resolution to a season ending cliff hanger. It felt like they were trying to bullshit their way out of a corner they'd written themselves into that aught not to have been that difficult. The story was at least palatable but was kind of ruined by really over the top ridiculous aliens. Oh, and look, the 8th Doctor has amnesia. That never happens. And time bullets? Really? Time bullets? Uhg. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in season 3.
Gayle
Feb 11, 2011 Gayle rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, doctor-who
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
This was a little bit confusing for me, since I wasn't familiar with the companion that shows up. But once I got over it, I was able to enjoy the story by itself. I already found the next in the series so I can continue on.

Counts as a book from OneClickDigital for my library summer reading challenge.
Nicholas Whyte
"Orbis has the Doctor suffering from amnesia yet again, and Andrew Sachs playing an evil invertebrate ruler for the second time in twelve months (OK, the first time he was playing Adric controlling the invertebrates). Sheridan Smith does well as Lucie, not having faced these situations before, but we the audience have and this didn't seem very new."
Tabitha
Oct 08, 2014 Tabitha rated it really liked it
It started right off with some action, which was great, but it was a little confusing at first.We get a little information, but it feels like we were dropped in halfway through the story. It doesn't take long to piece together, so I wasn't lost for long. The only thing that really annoyed me was the headhunter using Lucie's full name over and over.
Keiran Thegreat
Dec 19, 2014 Keiran Thegreat rated it really liked it
Lucie Miller and the Doctor are reunited on the planet Orbis, however he has been there for a while and is not keen on the idea of leaving.
A story that is interesting, funny, touching, sad and in places quite silly. A promising start to the third series of 8th Doctor adventures.
Clara
Mar 20, 2015 Clara rated it liked it
Ritchie
Jul 23, 2015 Ritchie rated it really liked it
Lucie finally reunited with Eight after thinking him dead. The thing is, he has no memory of her. Jellyfish people (Jelly Furtado!) vs. Clam people.
Colin
Aug 11, 2014 Colin rated it really liked it
The follow-up to a cliff-hanger, and not very satisfactory in that respect, but still, a very good story . . .
Janina
Dec 21, 2013 Janina added it
??????????????????????600 years????????????????????jellyfish???????????????????

who even are you doctor
why would you know you get amnesia every fifteen minutes
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre) rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2012
Scott Vandervalk
Scott Vandervalk rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2015
Tatiana
Tatiana rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2015
Richard Wawrzyniak
Richard Wawrzyniak rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2017
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2016
Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Blake
Blake rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
Piers
Piers rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Michal Zinowko
Michal Zinowko rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2009
Chad Shepard
Chad Shepard rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2009
Impqueen
Impqueen rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Steve Parkes
Steve Parkes rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2014
  • Doctor Who: Terror Firma
  • Doctor Who: Faith Stealer
  • Doctor Who: Seasons of Fear
  • Doctor Who: Spare Parts
Alan Barnes is a British writer and editor, particularly noted for work in the field of cult film and television. Barnes served as the editor of Judge Dredd Megazine from 2001 until December 2005, during which time the title saw a considerable increase in the number of new strip pages. Among other strips, Barnes originally commissioned The Simping Detective. He also wrote a handful of Judge Dredd ...more
More about Alan Barnes...

New Eighth Doctor Adventures (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Doctor Who: Blood of the Daleks, Part 1