Start by marking “Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 1)

Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  819 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Takuma and Mayu's story began when they were only 8 years old. During his childhood, Takuma was constantly hospitalised due to his heart condition. He soon became friends with Mayu, the daughter of the doctor in charge of his case. Day by day they grew closer and closer. However, the summer when Takuma was 8, he made a promise to Mayu that he couldn't keep... Their story u ...more
Paperback
Published December 2005 by Shogakukan

Be the first to ask a question about Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love

Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
59th out of 284 books — 547 voters
Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
220th out of 656 books — 1,485 voters

More lists with this book...

Elie
Feb 29, 2012 Elie rated it it was amazing
I first heard of this story because of its adaptation into a film. To be honest, I didn't know it was a manga until I found this information on the internet.

Then which one would be my first try, the film or the manga? The original or an adaptation?

I decided to go with the manga and don't regret it at all.

The story is touching, and though the characters are sometimes annoying or too naïve for my liking I only wished them luck. I was in a hurry to know what would happen next, what would be their r
Luz
Nov 28, 2015 Luz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La historia es muy intensa y tiene giros muy buenos, el dibujo no me termina de gustar, es muy anguloso...
Lynanne Carroll
Jun 04, 2015 Lynanne Carroll rated it really liked it
3.5

**This is the rating/review for the entire series.

This series was an emotional roller coaster for me--specifically, the wooden kind that leaves you bruised and wondering whether you actually enjoyed the ride.

I enjoyed the premise and the characters, and, for the most part, enjoyed the plot. Ok, I really enjoyed the plot. I kept saying to myself, just one more chapter...which of course happened like seven times in a row...and then I gave up (it was futile) and read the whole series.

But there
Bethany
Nov 08, 2012 Bethany rated it it was amazing
I really loved this series. Kotomi Aoki is a great author and mangaka. Be prepared to cry when you read this. It is a heartbreaking love story between two childhood friends who struggle to deal with the guys heart problem -both in different ways.
Nur
Dari buku pertama ini aja, udah diliatin banget apa konflik paling gede yang akan dihadapi oleh para karakter utama nya :( Aslinya, Aoki Kotomi pandai banget ngeramu cerita. ASDFGHJKL. Berat... Perasaan karakter utamanya tersampaikan; kesedihan, kegalauan, risau... Apalagi itu harus dihadapi saat di karakter utamanya masih kecil. Ya Tuhan... :(

Dan, Aoki Kotomi bisaan banget bikin panel-panel yang bagus dan TEPAT untuk memperlihatkan ekspresi dan gerak-gerik si karakter. Aslinya lah, kalau aku pu
Brittany
Jul 24, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites
Hana
Sep 01, 2010 Hana rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, languages
WOO! Read it in Japanese!
Raquel Leite
Apr 06, 2016 Raquel Leite rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangá-comic, english
ecret Unrequited Love de Kotomi Aoki ganhou o 53º prémio de Shokakukan Manga na categoria de Soujo e eu finalmente pude ler tudo direitinho e seguidinho!!

A história de Takume e Mayu começou quando eles eram ainda novos, com apenas 8 anos de idade. Takuma já está mais que habituado a estar hospitalizado devido ao seu problema cardíaco, no entanto estando sempre nos hospital faz com que possa estar sempre com Mayu que é filha do seu médico e que está com ele constantemente.

O estado de saúde de Tak
Katie
Sep 02, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

I believe this story is one of the best drama/tragedy that I have ever read. The plot is not that unique, but how the author describes the feelings and emotions of characters that’s something worth reading! The author describes both Takuma’s and Mayu’s feelings as if it was her in their place. And you understand both points of view. You get why Takuma wants to keep Mayu away from him, I mean, he’ll die when he turns 20. And at the same time you understand Mayu, be
Theresa ♫
Mar 04, 2012 Theresa ♫ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a breathtaking childhood romance
I actually can't remember how much of this series I've read. :P

Let's see.....it's the sort of manga where it begins in childhood and it progresses through the story with gaps in between time periods.
So when the story first starts, I think they're six...or ten years old...I CAN'T REMEMBER!! But they're kids...

In the next time period, they're in junior high.

In the final time period, they're in high school. This is where most of the story takes place.

Now....I must absolutely, positively say
OH MY GO
nhf282
Aug 28, 2014 nhf282 rated it it was amazing
Im in cp 40. Im gald that i found this manga. Its chicky n funky. The mangaka really know how to use the element of surprise. Its a heart wrenchimg love story and innocent so far.

It has long chapter and solid plot. Drama drama drama. For those who love drama, once u start u will nver be able to leave this nvel until u finished it. Its a page turn over.

now im done. really sheds litres if tears for 10 lst chapters. too sad story n im glad it was a happy ending.
Sami C
Jul 14, 2014 Sami C rated it really liked it
I forgot how much this story moved me. I didn't get to finish reading this back then because I got caught up in other manga series and TV shows. But I remembered today, and I shall finish this!

This story is about two childhood sweethearts. Takuma has a heart condition that might not make him live longer than twenty years. Mayu, the daughter of Takuma's doctor, is devoted to keeping Takuma alive.
Winter
Jan 16, 2015 Winter rated it did not like it
No... simplemente no.
Todo demasiado exagerado y un romance algo tonto, trata de darle un buen trasfondo ya que el protagonsta masculino solamente vivirá hasta los 20 años, pero todo se tira a la basura rápidamente, centrándose en lo cursi y poniendo una protagonista cansina y unas situaciones que no me han agradado.
Chule
Apr 20, 2015 Chule rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't read comics, mangas or any kind of graphic novels, but I had to find one for a Book Challenge I'm following. I bought this book to my sister a few years ago and she leant it to me for the task.
I enjoyed the plot, but I would've liked it better if it had been a long book with more detail and description.
Nina Fonteneau-Fuentes
Jan 07, 2015 Nina Fonteneau-Fuentes rated it did not like it
I LOVED the movie they adapted from this but wow she was so whiny in the books and just ugh still don't know what happened in the end in the movie or the book so if you want a tragedy then well you get it or if you love happy endings you get it, it's so unclear so meh. WATCH THE MOVIE
Meilany Lim
Mar 05, 2016 Meilany Lim rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I could give the 5 stars if the story didn't a bit draggy.

But this comic made me cry A LOT!!! I MEAN AAAAA LLLLLLOTTTTTTTTT!!
Ju
Aug 18, 2015 Ju added it
I loved it :) my heart cried and all but still i loved it... I would want to see if Kou-kun lived :)
Leanne
Nov 13, 2014 Leanne rated it it was amazing
It's really good! Like wow...ending still has me mind blown... Amazing
Jessica
Apr 05, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
My heart is being rip to pieces. ><
Tony Kudo
Sep 18, 2014 Tony Kudo rated it liked it
It alright so far
Nada
Jan 24, 2014 Nada rated it really liked it
Well written story and makes you believe the characters struggle ... enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
I rolled my eyes at the summary for this story, but I will definitely say that this is very well written. I really felt the characters pain and reasoning and I believed every word they said. I also think this is perhaps the first time that I've seen a male MC who is both cool and very insecure at the same time. I really like Takuma's character. He was very well created, complicated and real. He was my favourite character.
Violet Sakura
Aoki-sensei's art is not to my best liking, but I love the way she writes down the thoughs of the characters, the feelings she inflicts them.
As always very strong feelings in this manga too.
I'm sooo glad I've already watched the film, the only aspect, that made me start this manga. I just hope I won't take this as bad as I did th movie (though it became one of my favourites).
I'm on the 2nd one...
Jenna
May 31, 2015 Jenna rated it it was ok
Read the first volume and I'm not really in the mood for a dramatic, angst-filled romantic tearjerker. Just not my cup of tea. Also, as I didn't really care for the drawing style (maybe it'll improve later on, and does seem to get better as the characters age, even in this single volume), it made it harder to get into.
Andrea Monterrosa
Jan 16, 2015 Andrea Monterrosa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I cannot believe how cruel this was. I cried my eyes out over this. From the first chapter till the end it was all so beautiful, so freaking touching. I have been touched like this before and I mourned him for over a month but this you don't even know what happened! I am so shaken up right now. It was simply BEAUTIFUL.
Roan
Jun 29, 2012 Roan rated it really liked it
I found this really really 'weird!' at first. I mean, they're siblings! And they love each other -- a different kind of love. And I've read this when I was fifteen. Weird stuff with a really sad story. And definitely, one of the most unforgettable manga for me, ever.
Ercsi91
Aug 15, 2011 Ercsi91 rated it really liked it
Well this isn't the best love story I read,it's sad and romantic one,BUT I could easily sympathize with both main characters:) And I really loved the way how the bond between them remained after so many years:D If your a romantic lover, You should try it:D
Jessica
Feb 14, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is n unique story within the shoujo manga genre. A story of first love filled with heartbreak and triumph that will really have you rooting for Takuma and Matu, Also I think a more accurate translation of the title is I'll Give My First Love To You.
Alejandra
Dec 26, 2013 Alejandra rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fiction
I really enjoyed this manga, though the story was so very typical and overused and the ending was left so open. Still better than the movie though.
Kushnuma
Jun 25, 2015 Kushnuma rated it really liked it
This story was really touching and heartbraking. I think I may have even cried a little.
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Nosatsu Junkie, Volume 1
  • Happy Café, Volume 9
  • Koizora (Love Sky), Volume 1
  • We Were There, Vol. 1
  • Cat Street, Vol. 1 (Cat Street #1)
  • The Beads Club
  • The One, Volume #1
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 03 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #3)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • たいようのいえ 1 [Taiyou no Ie 1]
  • Princess and the Three Beasts 1
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • You're My Girlfriend
  • Stardust Wink 01
Blood type: B
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 154.5 cm
Kotomi Aoki (青木琴美) once shared an apartment with fellow Sho-Comi manga artist Iori Shigano.
She received the 2008 Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu.
More about Kotomi Aoki...

Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 2)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 3)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 4)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 5)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 6)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 7)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 8)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 9)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 10)
  • Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu - Secret Unrequited Love (Volume 11)