Muddypaws

Muddypaws

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When Ben gets a new puppy he wants to give him a name that's just perfect. Find out how this cute, bouncy dog gets to be called Muddypaws. This beautifully illustrated and heartwarming tale of a boy and his sidekick is fun for children of all ages. Kids will love engaging with the lively text and learning to read along with the story. Ideal for ages 3-8, Muddypaws makes a...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Parragon Books (first published September 1st 2008)

Sierra
This is a cute book especially for young ones who have pets at home! This book is about a little boy who gets a new puppy but has no idea what he is going to name his puppy! So after days and days of hunting for a name and several accidents of making muddy pawprints everywhere by tipping over a flower pot, jumping in the mud, falling in the pond and many more accidents, the little boy knows exactly what he is going to name his new puppy! Muddypaws!! I enjoyed the repeating line of "and that's ju...more
Shelli Gheen
In Muddypaws (2008), written by Moira Butterfield and illustrated by Simon Mendez, little boy Ben gets a new puppy but can't decide what to name him. The puppy gets bored with the search and does what puppies do...get in to things. Eventually, he earns his new name...Muddypaws.

Themes: Friendship; Puppies

Ways to use this book with children:
*Read to children when learning about pets. Describe how puppies might be different from kittens.
*Survey students about what types of pets they have. Graph the...more
Michael
Girls liked it, has a good story line, a boy and his dog, you can't go wrong.
Jess
Nov 03, 2010 Jess rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Puppy/dog/pet fans, K-2
Ben must name his new puppy, who's awfully interested in the dirt behind that pot, tree, backyard, etc. Oh that dog! He just keeps getting his paws muddy.

Cute book. Will be a hit with the K-2 animal/dog picture book fans. Friendly and nice. Although, the book's about Ben picking a name for his dog, so maybe it'd be nice if you didn't title the book the way you did. Just a thought.

Between 3/4 stars, depending upon how much you like dogs. Have you had a puppy and/or do you want a puppy? It's an a...more
Amanda Becker wood
The cutest book ever. A little boy gets a Golden Retriever puppy who gets into everything! There are muddy pawprints everywhere! No wonder he gets named Muddy Paw. My favorite thing about the book is that the picture of the little boy and his puppy look just like MY little boy and HIS puppy!
Lisa Haugen
My daughter told me to put this book on when I asked her about some of the good books we've read. I think she likes it because we have two new puppies at the house. :) I'm not sure it's "Award Winning," but it was a hit at our house.
Susan
An excellent picture book that tells the story of a young boy trying to find a name for his new puppy. I've read it to several school classes, and the students adored the book. I have a hard time keeping it on my shelves.
Lacey
Very sweet children's book that the kids enjoy at the preschool that I work at. I will be checking out more books like this from the library soon to read to them.
Shannon Rickert
how cute this book was!!!
Rosie
Lori
Lori added it
May 18, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Magdalen Rose
Magdalen Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

I wrote my first book when I was 8 years old. I glued photos of my cats in a blank book and wrote about them, too. Now I am an internationally-published children's author commended by the Library of Congress for my work encouraging children to read.
I write in a room between a deli and an art gallery on a small town street. I can see families walking by, and I can hear children laughing and playing...more
More about Moira Butterfield...
My Happy Book My Busy Book Polar Bear and the Rainbow (Glitter Books) Smile, Baby, Smile (Picture Books Large) Peek-a-who?