Start by marking “Just a Bad Day (Little Golden Book)” as Want to Read:
Just a Bad Day (Little Golden Book)

Just a Bad Day (Little Critter)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,089 ratings  ·  10 reviews
It's a rainy day, and things keep going wrong, but Little Critter finds out that even the worst day can always change for the better.
Published April 1st 2001 by Golden books (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Just a Bad Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Bad Day

Melanie Bates
Just A Bad Day

Summary: This is a story about a little critter that had a few unfavorable events occur on the same day. Anything that could have gone wrong went wrong for him. The illustrations throughout the book were great. They were colorful and expressed the characters emotions.

Response: What I loved about this book was the message behind it. Although one may have a bad day something can always come along and turn it around. In this case the character’s dad coming home and surprising him with
Wvalice
Second graders did not like very much.
Nydia Munoz
This book teaches children to see the good in everything. The book teaches children to be positive and see the good in all the situations.

Learning Extension: The children can pretend that it is a rainy day and they can act out hat they would do at home.
Tori
PB 20: This book is very relate able because everyone has bad days. Once again, I love Mayer's illustrations. Very cute book for kids and would probably make a good read-aloud for a rainy day.
Lauren
This book is great for children especially when they learn to start reading. It teaches great morals and ideals for everyone to have and great general life lessons.
Laura Carby
I like this book because occasionally we all have a bad day. You are the only person who can get out of the bad mood. You have to focus on the positives!
Theresa
a cute story with a cute idea, using the stories of his daily life to teach children.
Sheila Read
everybody has a bunch of bad days this book will help a kid deal with all the bad days
Brandi Streeval
cute book read this to my daughter got this from the library.
Danny
Some days are just like that.
Ramya
Ramya marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Sam Turner
Sam Turner marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • D.W. the Picky Eater
  • Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
  • Amelia Bedelia Helps Out
  • Cap'n Smudge
  • Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory
  • The Turn-Around, Upside-Down Alphabet Book
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m
More about Mercer Mayer...

Little Critter (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • Just for You (Little Critter)
  • Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • All by Myself
  • I Was So Mad
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Me Too! (Little Critter)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter)
Just Go to Bed Just for You (Little Critter) Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter) I Was So Mad There's a Nightmare in My Closet