Start by marking “Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)” as Want to Read:
Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)

Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  27,330 ratings  ·  857 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole enraptures again with this seductive tale of a fierce werewolf prince who will stop at nothing to protect the lovely archer he covets from afar.

A DANGEROUS BEAUTY...

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her -- and those she loves.

AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED...

Garr
Mass Market Paperback, 431 pages
Published February 16th 2010 by Pocket Books (first published January 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure of a Dark Prince, please sign up.

Lisa Fay It will spoil the other books for you. Also, you will miss out on other couples storylines and there are a LOT of subplots. Yes, you will be confused.…moreIt will spoil the other books for you. Also, you will miss out on other couples storylines and there are a LOT of subplots. Yes, you will be confused.
(less)
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
43rd out of 1,218 books — 10,695 voters
Lover Mine by J.R. WardSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisSilver Borne by Patricia BriggsMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Eagerly Anticipated Books Remainder of 2009 and 2010
19th out of 426 books — 1,465 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Mar 14, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series--this was a hot one!
I...loved...this...book! It was a fabulous thrill ride from the start all the way to the harrowing, grisly climax, and contained my favorite IAD hero (sorry, Sebastian), the Prince of the Lykae, Garreth MacRieve. Ahhh MacRieve... Scot... Wolf (all names that the heroine, Lucia the Huntress called him), I totally fell for your Scottish charm, your dogged determination, and your devotion to your lass, "Lousha". Your humor, your sexy brogue, your singlemindedness to claim your mate...you definitely ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I deliberately took a long hiatus on this series. Not because I didn’t love it, or that I was bored. No! Quite the contrary. I did it because it was doggone heartbreaking to run out of books after Kiss of a Demon King. Now, I have accumulated a nicely sizable stock of IAD stories, and I am good to go, if having to avoid spoilers like the plague doesn’t put a bit of a crimp in my style.

The Story:
It was quite fun to see besotted Lykae, Garreth MacRieve chasing after his reluctant (for the most par
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dear Sebastian,
You know I’m a vampire girl at heart, but I’ve been pleasured by a Dark Prince and now I can’t look back! A Scot has won over my heart and I’d be damned if I let him run off!

Sorry, love.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince is the ninth book in the IAD series. I have to stress the importance of reading the series in order. I made that mistake earlier on when I read the third book first! I’m totally kicking myself for being so foolish. Again, Cole writes Pleasure of a Dark Prince in parallel w
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 to 41/2 stars

My goodness! This book took me on an emotional roller-coaster ride like none of the other books in the series have. Right from the start, Pleasures of a Dark Prince had me experiencing an array of emotions–from sorrow, to exasperation, to trepidation, to elation. I was exhausted by the end.

Once again, I found myself captivated and in awe of the amazingly complex story arc, but flustered and annoyed with the book's romance. In all honesty, I continue reading this series not for the
Sammy Loves Books
"You're my woman, Lousha. Damn you, I'll never want another!"

Can I just say that I LOVED Garreth MacRieve!! He embodies everything that I love in an Werewolf Alpha.

description

Garreth was patient, kind, and strong as sin. I was in awe by what he was physically capable of. Garreth was also hell bent on protecting his woman at any cost. And did I say he was patient? These two didn't seal the deal until after page 300 and over a year (book time) of chase.

Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae
description

"You've maddene
Jessica Hatfield
Yummy Sexy Lykae Check
Kick ass Female Check
Awesome Story Check
Steamy Lovemakin Check and Check........
 photo damn_good_stuff_sir_zpsbaee9d2f.gif

Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae
 photo lucia1_zps205372a4.jpg

For real what is not to like about Garreth so hott, sweet chasing her for a year and still he protects her, forgives her of her crap and even gets her a gift that he know she will love when she is running from him and hurting him to keep him from following her. He is fun and truly wants to make her happy. loved him so much !

“You've maddened me for you...h
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 All for Garreth stars

"Nothing good ever came easy..."

Well Garreth hon, be prepared because Lucia is determined to make it as hard as it can get.

I like this book, just as I like most of KC's books but there was something about Lucia that rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't hate her but she did irritate me a lot at times. She protested too much, resisted too much. I like heroines who go after what they want(like most of the other Valkyries do) and Lucia saw what she wanted and ran the other way.
Eastofoz
Mar 21, 2010 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: IAD fans
Shelves: paranormal
Finally Cole puts out something decent again in her IAD series! It’s been a while and for me anyway the last few stories have been mediocre at best. If you like heroes with accents –and she did a fabulous job with Bowen and Cade’s stories— then you’ll love Garreth. You can’t hear his sexy Scottish brogue as much as you could Bowen’s I thought but she still does an excellent job and very few authors manage to do that well.

So there are two great main characters: Lucia the world’s best archer Valky
Fiction Fool
Rating: ( 1/2)
“Now three wounds marred his gorgeous body, three trails of blood tracking over the rises ad falls of rock-hard muscle. Gritting his teeth, he said, “This hurts like hell, lass, but it’s heartening.”

“How do you figure?”

“At fifty times the distance, you dispatched that ko-bold with three arrows to the neck. I’ve earned a trio to the chest. Seems you slapped him while you’re tickling me. You doona want to kill me, which is a good sign. Maybe this is your way of flirting?”

Pleasur
Mel
Jun 29, 2010 Mel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
Pleasure of a Dark Prince is the 9th in the Immortal After Darker series and – at the risk of sounding repetitive- Kresley Cole does not disappoint. The book was another fun and engaging read and a great addition to an already great series.

This time we see werewolf Garreth MacRieve and Valkyrie Lucia the Archer slowly but surely fall in love. Actually, the ‘slowly and surely’ part more goes for Lucia. Cause Garreth is in love the very moment he spots Lucia. She is his mate, he knows it, he feels
Exina
"Lass, I'm about to make you a widow--"

Kresley Cole is more and more merciless – with her characters and her readers as well. So much blood, so much tension, pain, and death.

The first 16 chapters parallel the storyline of “A Hunger Like No Other”. This part starts with Lucia and Garreth’s first encounter, when Garreth realizes that Lucia is his mate, and ends when Lucia runs away from him, and Garreth vows he is going to have her back in two weeks.

We meet them one year later. Garreth spent
♥ Sarah ♥
I'm pretty sure that Kresley Cole doesn't know how to write a book I don't like. At this point, it's pretty impressive that going into book #9, I'm still squealing like a school girl when I get to read the next one. She has hit the nail on the head with this series, and it's only getting better and better!

This book, sort of like the last book, took place over the span of the other books (starting from "A Hunger Like No Other"). Although it wasn't as obvious as "Untouchable" (in the "Deep Kiss of
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
This installment was a welcomed step back to what first got me hooked on this series—Valkyrie & Lykae. Full review to follow.
Robin (Bridge Four)
If Fate wanted her way, she’d figure out how to get it.

I’ve been waiting for Lucia and Garreth’s story since A Hunger Like no Other and finally it is here and did not disappoint. It seems that the Valkyrie women are notoriously hard to catch and Lucia isn’t any different. She made a pact with a goddess to save her life and give her the gift of her bow skills, but it came with a high price, swear off all men forever. Never has Lucia even been tempted but Garreth MacRieve it temptation incarnate
Zeek
Almost from the moment he spies her on the sidelines of the bone crushing rugby match he's participating in, Garreth MacRieve- prince and soon to be King of the Lykae (that's werewolves to you and me)- knew the luscious, blond Lucia was meant for him. Lucia, Valkyrie and best dang archer the Lore has ever seen, is not so sure. Oh she feels the pull too, she just can't allow it.

Garreth will not let her go, however, for he knows she's his destiny and though she escapes him this time, he knows he w
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Wow, I just finished this and I am still staring into nothingness because of it. I may say that this exceeded Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. Or not! I don’t know, maybe they’re tied… Can’t make up my mind, I already have so many books from this series between my favorites so I find it difficult to set up a top five list. Maybe one day I will have the strength needed to do this difficult task!

I was hooked since the beginning of this book. I mean hello! Immortal rugby – HOT! I would give anythi
Katie(babs)
I’m in total awe whenever I read a Kresley Cole novel because of her incredible world building skills and amazing cast of characters she has created. Her Immortal After Dark Series is filled with snark, humor and larger than life action and situations with enough smoldering sex and romance that if the pages were flammable, they would erupt in flames. The ninth book in this series, Pleasures of a Dark Prince, is about Garreth MacRieve, the dark prince of the Lykae (werewolves) and Lucia the Huntr ...more
Penny Watson
How To Mix a Werewolf-tini

Take one super sexy, incredibly protective, hunky Scottish werewolf named Garreth,
Add a gorgeous, tortured, secretive Archer named Lucia,
Throw in a fabulous adventure in the Amazon rain forest,
Don't forget the vampires, demons, Skathi, Shapeshifters, and Evil Gods,
Add a nice hefty heaping portion of totally hot sex,
An intense emotional connection between the hero and heroine,
Great humor, pacing, and secondary characters,
Scary-ass climatic scene,
And totally satisfying en
Jan
Wow. This book was amazing. I think it might be my favorite so far. Garreth is super hot and super wolfy,, a true alpha male that will protect his mate from anything, including himself. And I absolutely adore Lucia. She's strong and stubborn, but not annoyingly so.
I want to say so much more, but I'm afraid I will spoil something. One thing I will say is that there is a brief and AWESOME epilogue, which I believe is meant to be a hint as to the identities of the main characters of the trilogy co
Denise
9 down. Literally. I still oddly enjoy this series. It is pushing my buttons on stuff though. I mean some of these creatures are millennia old and act like sophomoric idiots. Ack. It pisses me off. But what pisses me off more? I still effing like this series. I wish I could get a glimpse at some of them having babies and the papas being cuhrazy. Who typed that? I DONT EVEN RECOGNIZE MYSELF ANYMORE!!! Bread crumbs, Denise. Leave bread crumbs behind as you read this series so hopefully you can fin ...more
Poet Gentleness
Jul 15, 2014 Poet Gentleness rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal erotic romance lovers
Recommended to Poet Gentleness by: Random choice
Kresley Cole has an incredible imagination. Pleasure of a Dark Prince is just one more of her good books.
She created a whole world for the Immortal series - The Lore - of mythical creatures that live in our "normal" world.

This book can be read as a stand-alone, but I would advise you to start with the first one of the series. It gives the reader a bit more comprehension - and enjoyment - of the hundreds of secondary characters that appears here and there along the story.

The main characters:
Garr
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Lately these immortals are tangled after dark! I'm getting used to the intertwined storylines though and I'm giving this a solid 5 stars because of both the characters and Kresley Cole's incredible ability to link her past books with the new ones.

Sexy Lykae Garreth, whom we know from way back in Lachlain's book, is pursuing his mate Lucia The Archer in this one.

Now, I've been back and forth with who I'd prefer, vampire of Lykae, and it seems whichever book I'm reading I want that species but I
Jane Stewart
Not good. Not fun. All the conflict is based on the heroine keeping secrets from the hero which she doesn’t need to keep.

STORY BRIEF:
The Valkyrie Lucia was captured by the evil demon Crom. She escaped but was near death. The goddess Skathi brought her back to life and gave her great archery skills. Lucia was told she must never have sex or she would lose these skills. Crom has been imprisoned but is about to break free. If he does, he will cause an apocalypse. Crom controls people’s minds. Lucia
Tara
Kresley Cole is fun to read. This is the 9th story from the Immortals After Dark series and finally the Accession that has been talked about for every book has started. I am convinced that Kresley Cole must have a wall devoted to time lines in her house or office. We once again revisit the beginning of the series and see the other side of scenes we have read. As a device I don't mind this. Although it was odd to me that she left out all mention of Nikolai Wroth since he was there as well. Not a ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
**Few Spoilers! because I went fangirl all over this review:

Wow.

Kresley Cole is definitely one of my favorite authors. This installment in her Immortals After Dark series has the most action we've seen outside of the Talisman's Hie! Not only was it one of my favorites in the series, but the coordination of the timeline was incredible.

KC begins this one right as the first one, A Hunger Like No Other, began. We meet up with Garreth, Lachlain's brother, as he's playing (soo super hot) rugby with
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
When it comes to Kresley Cole, there's no such thing as "too much of a good thing". In fact, it only gets better and better. I love Cole, I love this world she's created, I love her characters, she always cheers me up and makes me laugh, makes me feel, and has me on the edge of my seat.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince begins at about the same time as the first (full-length) book does, A Hunger Like No Other. It's been a few years since I read that one but Cole artfully slips in enough details of that p
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Jul 12, 2011 Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: IAD readers, People who are decently familiar with this series
5 Star Read: Great Kresley Cole Read ( No surprise there)one of the more casual books in the series

Quick Review

Great book. This is a very relaxing read. It was not a very tense one and out of all the IAD books I have read so far this one is the chillest one. I usually feel the need to read these books in like a day because I am anxious to see what happens. However, with this book I was able to calmly read it at a slower pace over two days. This was a nice coupling and well written. This may not
Aly is so frigging bored
Jul 07, 2014 Aly is so frigging bored rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone, fans of Kresley Cole and IAD
Shelves: paranormal, favorites
Re-read July 2014
Group read with League of Lusty Ladies

I loved both Lucia and Garreth!

Quote I loved:
"I told you I wouldn't leave. Don't you trust me?"
"Aye, but I chased you for the better part of a year. Old habits die hard. It actually feels odd no' to be running after you. Welcome, but odd."
She tilted her head at him. "In all that time, did you... did you ever think about giving up?"
"Never."
"Not once?"
His voice was so deep as he said, "Lousha, you're my lass." He shrugged, as if he spoke an ir
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
"AMAZING,AMAZING,AMAZING! besides the second book in this series "No Rest for the Wicked" The is the second best book that I sooooo really,really like!LOLZ! I'm not gonna give spoiled details about this series,but I can say it's really well worth reading, so if ur interested than, "HAPPPY READING" =)
Natasha
Another one for the shelves!
Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series is one hell of a series. Honestly, I haven't read a book from this series that I wouldn't recommend to others, and this one isn't any different.

I was excited to read Lucia's story. She was known as the emotionless archer from the previous books. She's the best in the world and never misses a target.. To miss a target, means the horrible pain, that lasts on for a few days. What we didn't know was how horrible and sad her past
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)

“Have you ever fought an opponent you had no defense against? Like a fire breather or an acid spitter?"
"Once I faced a female with diamond skin," Nix said breathlessly. "I was transfixed - even as she was choking the life out of me."
"Really?"
"No, I saw that character on X-Men. I just wanted to commiserate. Alas, I have no weaknesses.”
563 likes
“Wolfy, is it? And what do you know about my turning?"
"I asked around when I figured out I was your... mate."
He stood, crossing to her. "Well, let's hear it."
"Basically, you'll lose your mind, turning animalistic, hunting me down until you claim me repeatedly, biting my neck and marking me as your possession. Nothing will stop you- no cage can hold you. Did I miss anything?
"Aye, Lousha." His gaze raked over her and his voice deepened. "The fact that you're going to like it.”
202 likes