Start by marking “Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)” as Want to Read:
Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)

Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)

4.41  ·  Rating Details ·  33,317 Ratings  ·  1,031 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole enraptures again with this seductive tale of a fierce werewolf prince who will stop at nothing to protect the lovely archer he covets from afar.

A DANGEROUS BEAUTY...

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her -- and those she loves.

AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED...

Garr
Mass Market Paperback, 431 pages
Published February 16th 2010 by Pocket Books (first published January 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure of a Dark Prince, please sign up.

Lauren Tancock I read it directly after reading A Hunger Like No Other. Some stuff was spoiled for me a little, but I wasn't confused at all. It mostly focuses on…moreI read it directly after reading A Hunger Like No Other. Some stuff was spoiled for me a little, but I wasn't confused at all. It mostly focuses on Garreth/Lucia and Cole explains anything not about them. I definitely want to go back and read the earlier books, but I wasn't lost.(less)

Auntee
Mar 18, 2009 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series--this was a hot one!
I...loved...this...book! It was a fabulous thrill ride from the start all the way to the harrowing, grisly climax, and contained my favorite IAD hero (sorry, Sebastian), the Prince of the Lykae, Garreth MacRieve. Ahhh MacRieve... Scot... Wolf (all names that the heroine, Lucia the Huntress called him), I totally fell for your Scottish charm, your dogged determination, and your devotion to your lass, "Lousha". Your humor, your sexy brogue, your singlemindedness to claim your mate...you definitely ...more
Exina
"Lass, I'm about to make you a widow--"

Kresley Cole is more and more merciless – with her characters and with her readers as well. So much blood, so much tension, pain, and death.

The first 16 chapters parallel the storyline of A Hunger Like No Other. The book starts with Lucia and Garreth’s first encounter, when Garreth realizes that Lucia is his mate, and ends when Lucia runs away from him, and Garreth vows he is going to have her back in two weeks.

We meet them one year later. Garreth spen
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I deliberately took a long hiatus on this series. Not because I didn’t love it, or that I was bored. No! Quite the contrary. I did it because it was doggone heartbreaking to run out of books after Kiss of a Demon King. Now, I have accumulated a nicely sizable stock of IAD stories, and I am good to go, if having to avoid spoilers like the plague doesn’t put a bit of a crimp in my style.

The Story:
It was quite fun to see besotted Lykae, Garreth MacRieve chasing after his reluctant (for the most par
Sammy Loves Books
"You're my woman, Lousha. Damn you, I'll never want another!"

Can I just say that I LOVED Garreth MacRieve!! He embodies everything that I love in an Werewolf Alpha.

description

Garreth was patient, kind, and strong as sin. I was in awe by what he was physically capable of. Garreth was also hell bent on protecting his woman at any cost. And did I say he was patient? These two didn't seal the deal until after page 300 and over a year (book time) of chase.

description

"You've maddene
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Dear Sebastian,
You know I’m a vampire girl at heart, but I’ve been pleasured by a Dark Prince and now I can’t look back! A Scot has won over my heart and I’d be damned if I let him run off!

Sorry, love.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince is the ninth book in the IAD series. I have to stress the importance of reading the series in order. I made that mistake earlier on when I read the third book first! I’m totally kicking myself for being so foolish. Again, Cole writes Pleasure of a Dark Prince in parallel w
~IreneOust~
Oct 13, 2016 ~IreneOust~ rated it it was amazing

Another winner! Not to sound like a broken record but Kresley Cole is one of my ultimate favorite authors and this series is my new addiction. Onto the next book ... Cheers!
Kristen
4 to 41/2 stars

My goodness! This book took me on an emotional roller-coaster ride like none of the other books in the series have. Right from the start, Pleasures of a Dark Prince had me experiencing an array of emotions–from sorrow, to exasperation, to trepidation, to elation. I was exhausted by the end.

Once again, I found myself captivated and in awe of the amazingly complex story arc, but flustered and annoyed with the book's romance. In all honesty, I continue reading this series not for th
P
Jul 14, 2014 P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“She’d been born for him. And I was born to find her…”

Pleasure of a Dark Prince gave me the same feelings and vibes as if I was reading A Hunger Like No Other again. I loved Garreth, he's Lachlain's brother and on a mission to claim his mate. The incidents he's thrown into is very much like his brother's. Lucia the Huntress never gives up so easily when it comes to her life, so she fights the temptation pulling her to him strongly, no matter how hard it gets.

“Fate has a way of getting what s
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Spoilers

Yummy Sexy Lykae Check
Kick ass Female Check
Awesome Story Check
Steamy Lovemakin Check and Check........
 photo damn_good_stuff_sir_zpsbaee9d2f.gif

photo lucia1_zps205372a4.jpg

For real what is not to like about Garreth so hott, sweet chasing her for a year and still he protects her, forgives her of her crap and even gets her a gift that he know she will love when she is running from him and hurting him to keep him from following her. He is fun and truly wants to make her happy. loved him so much !

“You've maddened me for
Stacia (the 2010 club)

Waitress : Weren't you just here last night?

Me : (indignant) No. It's been a few nights!

Waitress : Hmmm...I could've sworn...never mind. You must have a doppleganger.

Me : Let's cut the niceties. I already know what I want.

Waitress : (amused) Let me guess. Worship fantasy? Ten men with fans and grapes?

Me : No. When have I ever? *pause* Oh wait. I forgot about that night last year after quitting...never mind. That's neither here nor there. I'm leaving tomorrow for the Amazon. I'd like to order a
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 11, 2014 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, audio-2015
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

After listening to this installment, I now realize why the last few titles have made me cranky. It’s because I’ve been waiting for Garreth’s story since book 1, and the delay finally caught up with me. This series came highly recommended on account of its “sexy Scottish werewolves”, but they’ve been mostly MIA since WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER’S NIGHT, so the younger MacRieve’s romance was long overdue. All is right with the world again.

In PLEASURE OF A DARK PRINCE readers g
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 All for Garreth stars

"Nothing good ever came easy..."

Well Garreth hon, be prepared because Lucia is determined to make it as hard as it can get.

I like this book, just as I like most of KC's books but there was something about Lucia that rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't hate her but she did irritate me a lot at times. She protested too much, resisted too much. I like heroines who go after what they want(like most of the other Valkyries do) and Lucia saw what she wanted and ran the other way.
Fiction Fool
Rating: (♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2)
“Now three wounds marred his gorgeous body, three trails of blood tracking over the rises ad falls of rock-hard muscle. Gritting his teeth, he said, “This hurts like hell, lass, but it’s heartening.”

“How do you figure?”

“At fifty times the distance, you dispatched that ko-bold with three arrows to the neck. I’ve earned a trio to the chest. Seems you slapped him while you’re tickling me. You doona want to kill me, which is a good sign. Maybe this is your way of flirting?”

Ple
AJ
Oct 21, 2015 AJ rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC! I loved it!

Book number 9 in the Immortals After Dark series is full of all of the action, humour, romance, and sexy times; and general paranormal badassery that I love about these books.

This time, it’s shifter Garreth MacRieve and Valkyrie, Lucia the Huntress. The timing of this book takes us way back to the beginning of the series, with Garreth stepping in for his missing brother as King of the lycae. He is in New Orleans when he sees Lucia for the first time and his instinc
Eastofoz
Nov 21, 2009 Eastofoz rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: IAD fans
Shelves: paranormal
Finally Cole puts out something decent again in her IAD series! It’s been a while and for me anyway the last few stories have been mediocre at best. If you like heroes with accents –and she did a fabulous job with Bowen and Cade’s stories— then you’ll love Garreth. You can’t hear his sexy Scottish brogue as much as you could Bowen’s I thought but she still does an excellent job and very few authors manage to do that well.

So there are two great main characters: Lucia the world’s best archer Valky
Mel
Oct 04, 2009 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
Pleasure of a Dark Prince is the 9th in the Immortal After Darker series and – at the risk of sounding repetitive- Kresley Cole does not disappoint. The book was another fun and engaging read and a great addition to an already great series.

This time we see werewolf Garreth MacRieve and Valkyrie Lucia the Archer slowly but surely fall in love. Actually, the ‘slowly and surely’ part more goes for Lucia. Cause Garreth is in love the very moment he spots Lucia. She is his mate, he knows it, he feels
Bree
Feb 26, 2016 Bree rated it it was amazing

Lucia the Huntress

This series is a lot of fun. There are no love triangles and no cheating. Not that I've read, so far.
Garreth. Oh my goodness!! Lykae Prince. Super hot! Not only are they immortal, but they are extremely good-looking. Lucky! He is my favorite Lykae so far. Nothing gets him down. He is a sweetie. He did have one breaking point, but that didn't last long.
Lucia. Huntress. I actually liked her. Usually, the heroines in this series are pretty bi
Elifobeth
I had hard time finishing this book. I took a break for awhile. I just came back to finish it in a very short time. I must say this book quite plain. It bored to me to dead with amazon adventure. Do you think the evil god is too easy to kill? Never mind. lol
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Bu seriye bayılıyorum ya keşke her ay bir tane çıksa:)
Katie(babs)
May 16, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it it was amazing
I’m in total awe whenever I read a Kresley Cole novel because of her incredible world building skills and amazing cast of characters she has created. Her Immortal After Dark Series is filled with snark, humor and larger than life action and situations with enough smoldering sex and romance that if the pages were flammable, they would erupt in flames. The ninth book in this series, Pleasures of a Dark Prince, is about Garreth MacRieve, the dark prince of the Lykae (werewolves) and Lucia the Huntr ...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Wow, I just finished this and I am still staring into nothingness because of it. I may say that this exceeded Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. Or not! I don’t know, maybe they’re tied… Can’t make up my mind, I already have so many books from this series between my favorites so I find it difficult to set up a top five list. Maybe one day I will have the strength needed to do this difficult task!

I was hooked since the beginning of this book. I mean hello! Immortal rugby – HOT! I would give anythi
Robin (Bridge Four)
If Fate wanted her way, she’d figure out how to get it.

I’ve been waiting for Lucia and Garreth’s story since A Hunger Like no Other and finally it is here and did not disappoint. It seems that the Valkyrie women are notoriously hard to catch and Lucia isn’t any different. She made a pact with a goddess to save her life and give her the gift of her bow skills, but it came with a high price, swear off all men forever. Never has Lucia even been tempted but Garreth MacRieve it temptation incarnate
Jane Stewart
Feb 29, 2012 Jane Stewart rated it it was ok
Not good. Not fun. All the conflict is based on the heroine keeping secrets from the hero which she doesn’t need to keep.

STORY BRIEF:
The Valkyrie Lucia was captured by the evil demon Crom. She escaped but was near death. The goddess Skathi brought her back to life and gave her great archery skills. Lucia was told she must never have sex or she would lose these skills. Crom has been imprisoned but is about to break free. If he does, he will cause an apocalypse. Crom controls people’s minds. Lucia
Zeek
Almost from the moment he spies her on the sidelines of the bone crushing rugby match he's participating in, Garreth MacRieve- prince and soon to be King of the Lykae (that's werewolves to you and me)- knew the luscious, blond Lucia was meant for him. Lucia, Valkyrie and best dang archer the Lore has ever seen, is not so sure. Oh she feels the pull too, she just can't allow it.

Garreth will not let her go, however, for he knows she's his destiny and though she escapes him this time, he knows he w
Penny Watson
Feb 23, 2010 Penny Watson rated it it was amazing
How To Mix a Werewolf-tini

Take one super sexy, incredibly protective, hunky Scottish werewolf named Garreth,
Add a gorgeous, tortured, secretive Archer named Lucia,
Throw in a fabulous adventure in the Amazon rain forest,
Don't forget the vampires, demons, Skathi, Shapeshifters, and Evil Gods,
Add a nice hefty heaping portion of totally hot sex,
An intense emotional connection between the hero and heroine,
Great humor, pacing, and secondary characters,
Scary-ass climatic scene,
And totally satisfying en
Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick
Aug 14, 2009 Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book was amazing. I think it might be my favorite so far. Garreth is super hot and super wolfy,, a true alpha male that will protect his mate from anything, including himself. And I absolutely adore Lucia. She's strong and stubborn, but not annoyingly so.
I want to say so much more, but I'm afraid I will spoil something. One thing I will say is that there is a brief and AWESOME epilogue, which I believe is meant to be a hint as to the identities of the main characters of the trilogy co
Sombra
No sé ni por dónde empezar a valorar el libro!!!! Dios mío, esta lectura ha sido una continua lucha de voluntades entre mi tiempo libre y el tiempo que podía dedicarle.

Kresley Cole ya era una de mis escritoras paranormales favoritas a raíz del tercer libro, pero tras unas dos historias pasables, ha vuelto a hacerlo. Me ha hecho pelearme con mi tiempo y engancharme como si no hubiera un mañana a la historia de Garreth y Lucía. Sí, son fan de los hombres lobo definitivamente.

La historia de Garreth
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
When it comes to Kresley Cole, there's no such thing as "too much of a good thing". In fact, it only gets better and better. I love Cole, I love this world she's created, I love her characters, she always cheers me up and makes me laugh, makes me feel, and has me on the edge of my seat.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince begins at about the same time as the first (full-length) book does, A Hunger Like No Other. It's been a few years since I read that one but Cole artfully slips in enough details of that p
Tara
Nov 09, 2009 Tara rated it really liked it
Kresley Cole is fun to read. This is the 9th story from the Immortals After Dark series and finally the Accession that has been talked about for every book has started. I am convinced that Kresley Cole must have a wall devoted to time lines in her house or office. We once again revisit the beginning of the series and see the other side of scenes we have read. As a device I don't mind this. Although it was odd to me that she left out all mention of Nikolai Wroth since he was there as well. Not a ...more
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Lately these immortals are tangled after dark! I'm getting used to the intertwined storylines though and I'm giving this a solid 5 stars because of both the characters and Kresley Cole's incredible ability to link her past books with the new ones.

Sexy Lykae Garreth, whom we know from way back in Lachlain's book, is pursuing his mate Lucia The Archer in this one.

Now, I've been back and forth with who I'd prefer, vampire of Lykae, and it seems whichever book I'm reading I want that species but I
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)

“Have you ever fought an opponent you had no defense against? Like a fire breather or an acid spitter?"
"Once I faced a female with diamond skin," Nix said breathlessly. "I was transfixed - even as she was choking the life out of me."
"Really?"
"No, I saw that character on X-Men. I just wanted to commiserate. Alas, I have no weaknesses.”
596 likes
“Wolfy, is it? And what do you know about my turning?"
"I asked around when I figured out I was your... mate."
He stood, crossing to her. "Well, let's hear it."
"Basically, you'll lose your mind, turning animalistic, hunting me down until you claim me repeatedly, biting my neck and marking me as your possession. Nothing will stop you- no cage can hold you. Did I miss anything?
"Aye, Lousha." His gaze raked over her and his voice deepened. "The fact that you're going to like it.”
215 likes