Start by marking “Witching Moon (Moon #3)” as Want to Read:
Witching Moon (Moon #3)

Witching Moon (Moon #3)

A Georgia swamp is the perfect place for forest ranger Adam Marshall to hide his werewolf nature. But when he finds himself irresistibly drawn to biologist Sara Weston, their future is threatened by a coven of witches with a score to settle with the locals.
Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published October 7th 2003 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Witching Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witching Moon

Rachel
May 07, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Doranna Durgin
May 10, 2010 Doranna Durgin rated it liked it
Ohhh, I wanted to rate this one a four-star...but I just can't. This third book in the series explores yet another mythos (including elements from the first book), but the plot is a little too convenient, and the macguffin allowing the hero/heroine to connect while still ostensibly denying their attraction is recycled from #2. I love elements of the writing, but it just feels as though this wasn't done with the care of the first book, which I still love. It's a good fast read, strong and capable ...more
steen
Aug 14, 2009 steen rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
Wow. Sara Weston is one of the worst female leads I've seen in awhile. This novel dipped a little too much into the romance genre for me, with her wishy-washy dialogue and mewling attitude. I don't demand a super heroine out of her but she just came off as really uninteresting and stereotypical. The overall plot was decent, although pretty predictable.
Linda
Jul 11, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
What Happens When a Witch Meets a Werewolf?

In Witching Moon, the result is Rebecca York's trademark blend of action, adventure, mystery, danger, and steamy romance.

HIGHLY recommended!
Paperback_hussie
May 28, 2008 Paperback_hussie rated it it was amazing
This was my 1st York book and really did enjoy it!!! And I will be looking for her others as well
Kathy
Setting: Wayland, Georgia, Nature’s Refuge - Olakompa swamp – tourist buildings, his cabin, guest cabin, boat dock ; Historic Downtown Wayland; Foster’s cabin, near the Refuge, 25 years ago partially burned and rebuilt after townspeople attacked a young woman, they believed was a witch, now rebuilt and a rental; Barnette’s mansion with historical items; Wayland Historical Society, in old church off Main Street; abandoned homestead being rebuilt by the witches’ offspring;

One Sentence Summary: A m
Theresa
Apr 04, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it
This connects back to ‘Killing Moon’. Adam is Ross’s brother and a lot of the story points are similar to the book. Just a different danger. We even have a Sherriff helping them: Paul Delacort.

Adam Marshall is the new head ranger for a private nature refuge in Georgia swamp. It seems like the perfect place for a wolf shifter, but the previous head ranger had been found murdered in the swamp and there’s a strange secret in the local town’s history. The very first night he comes across a primitive
Dharia Scarab
May 25, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it did not like it

4 sta
Judith
Oct 27, 2012 Judith rated it liked it
There's not much I can say about this book. It was just okay. If you don't like soul mate type books then this one probably won't appeal to you. Sara and Adam's relationship developed way too fast for my taste. One minute they're just lusting after each other, then the next Adam's turned from a gruff forest ranger to a big mushy lovestruck werewolf. The plot was alright, I liked some aspects of it, but I think there could've been more about what exactly the witches powers were and maybe a bit mo ...more
Emily
Feb 16, 2010 Emily rated it did not like it
I really don't know why I keep reading these books (actually, I do know, it's because we ordered all four at the same time and I hate sending them away not having read them). But really, this one was so bad I don't know if I can bring myself to read the fourth.

It's quite predictable, often cliche, and the writing is rather remedial for someone who's apparently written as much as this author. The characters weren't the worst I've read, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Don't bother. If you want
Trina Duvall
Sep 24, 2013 Trina Duvall rated it liked it
I usually am not a big fan of books when the relationship between two characters develop basically over night. But this one was okay with me. I liked there relationship. In a way it reminds me of mine and my husbands earlier relationship granted we got to know each other longer but married quite earlier into being together. I wish I could say I loved this book. I really am a big fan of the authors but it just wasn't for me. The relationship of the two main characters really reminded me of book 2 ...more
Gail
Nov 06, 2011 Gail rated it liked it
Werewolf book—Hero was born a werewolf, had a semi-dysfunctional family—mom was a doormat—and wants better for himself. He’s working as a park ranger at a private nature preserve and finds a group of people doing what just might be witchcraft naked in the park in the middle of the night, but the drug they’re using affects his senses. Then there’s the botanist who’s come to study the plants in the swamp. He can’t understand why she affects him so or how they can dream exactly the same dreams. Thi ...more
Wendy
Sep 22, 2009 Wendy rated it it was ok
Not a bad book. The plot moves along nicely and the characters are developed. While not the best book I've read, it did manage to keep my interest. It was a little heavy on the supernatural for me and some of the descriptions were a little sexually graphic. A friend loaned this to me and I didn't realize that this is part of a trilogy until after I read it. I would probably read the other books in the series if someone loaned them to me but I wouldn't buy them.
The BookWhisperer
Nov 13, 2009 The BookWhisperer rated it liked it
Following the same lines as the last two books. Rebecca York has made another awesome book. This is Ross's brother, that is alike in the life style of he feels that he must stay alone not to hurt anyone else. Then he meets Dr. Sara Weston, and can not continue the attraction that begins. Little do Sara and Adam know that this is not a coincidence. Sara has been brought here on purpose, and Adam's gift may be the only thing that keeps them alive.
Jessica Grant
Jun 30, 2015 Jessica Grant rated it it was ok
Honestly I am not really interested in romance novels, but this one was okay. If you are looking for a focused grouping to put this book in good luck. If you are into romance novels you are going to find it a little hard to understand since there are breaks in it continuously for the mystery and other view points. I would have liked it to flow a little bit better though since the breaks are just that, breaks in the story which doesn't quiet blend back in.
Heather Tisdale
Jan 05, 2011 Heather Tisdale rated it liked it
My conclusion on this series so far is that it's not one you should try and read all at once. A book here and there is fine, but reading them all at once gets repetative fast. I'll keep reading, but once I'm done with what I've gotten from the library I'm going to start taking my time with them and use them as filler books between other series.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
The first book had a werewolf and an ordinary serial killer (if you can use ordinary for a serial killer). The second book had a normal cop, a sort of a demon, lots of dreams and a wizard serial killer. This one has witches, a werewolf and fanatics and it is better than the first two.
Samantha
Mar 10, 2009 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Ok... I admit. I stayed up all night reading this one. I really liked that she had issues going on as well so it wasn't all about him and his background. But I was on the edge of my seat the WHOLE time! I loved it. Much better than "Edge of the Moon" by far.
Amanda
Jan 18, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
This book was ok..It was very predictable. I knew what was going to happen probably in the first 1/2 of the book.
Kathryn
Feb 15, 2010 Kathryn rated it it was ok
I still think York is a talented writer but her characters and the story arc in this book are generic cookie cutouts. I may try the next in the series eventually, but not any time soon.
Kathy Davie
Feb 04, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Terrible. I kept trying to remember that I was reading the same author. Her first two were so good.
Dolores
Feb 01, 2013 Dolores rated it liked it
Enjoying the series so far. Has a typical style of writing for each book. So they are getting predictable, but still enjoy reading them.
Desiree
Mar 21, 2013 Desiree rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book at all. I like her writing, but this book was stupid. Tedious. Boring. And looong
Corryn
Mar 19, 2016 Corryn rated it liked it
This one took me a while to get into. It didn't hold my attention as much as the first book until about half way through. By the time I finished it, I did enjoy the book for the most part.
SJuhl4
Mar 22, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Were and a "witch", can't go wrong. Good story set in GA swamp. The Were aspect is back and the rituals in the area set up a good story.
Becky
Sep 29, 2008 Becky rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranomal Romance/Werewolf Fans
Though I liked this book, it's one of those that make witches sound like a completely different race.
Emily Awes
Emily Awes rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Shirley Bennett
Shirley Bennett rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
Tricia
Tricia rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2008
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2009
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
  • Elemental Magic (Moon #6.5; Rai-Kirah #0.5 )
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • Moon's Fury (A Tale of the Sazi, #5)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
  • To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack
More about Rebecca York...

Moon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Killing Moon (Moon #1)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • Burning Moon (Moon, #3.5)
  • Crimson Moon (Moon #4)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • Huntress Moon (Moon, #6.5)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)