Witching Moon (Moon, #3)

Witching Moon (Moon #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  712 ratings  ·  33 reviews
A Georgia swamp is the perfect place for forest ranger Adam Marshall to hide his werewolf nature. But when he finds himself irresistibly drawn to biologist Sara Weston, their future is threatened by a coven of witches with a score to settle with the locals.
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published October 7th 2003 by Berkley

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsShiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Shapeshifter/Werewolf books
220th out of 873 books — 1,274 voters
The Whip by Karen KondazianThe Luck of the Weissensteiners by Christoph FischerFrostbite by Richelle MeadShadow Kiss by Richelle MeadMarked by P.C. Cast
Books that should be made into a movie/tv show
354th out of 967 books — 1,144 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel
Doranna Durgin
Ohhh, I wanted to rate this one a four-star...but I just can't. This third book in the series explores yet another mythos (including elements from the first book), but the plot is a little too convenient, and the macguffin allowing the hero/heroine to connect while still ostensibly denying their attraction is recycled from #2. I love elements of the writing, but it just feels as though this wasn't done with the care of the first book, which I still love. It's a good fast read, strong and capable...more
Christine
Wow. Sara Weston is one of the worst female leads I've seen in awhile. This novel dipped a little too much into the romance genre for me, with her wishy-washy dialogue and mewling attitude. I don't demand a super heroine out of her but she just came off as really uninteresting and stereotypical. The overall plot was decent, although pretty predictable.
Dharia Scarab

4 sta...more
Judith
There's not much I can say about this book. It was just okay. If you don't like soul mate type books then this one probably won't appeal to you. Sara and Adam's relationship developed way too fast for my taste. One minute they're just lusting after each other, then the next Adam's turned from a gruff forest ranger to a big mushy lovestruck werewolf. The plot was alright, I liked some aspects of it, but I think there could've been more about what exactly the witches powers were and maybe a bit mo...more
Gail
Werewolf book—Hero was born a werewolf, had a semi-dysfunctional family—mom was a doormat—and wants better for himself. He’s working as a park ranger at a private nature preserve and finds a group of people doing what just might be witchcraft naked in the park in the middle of the night, but the drug they’re using affects his senses. Then there’s the botanist who’s come to study the plants in the swamp. He can’t understand why she affects him so or how they can dream exactly the same dreams. Thi...more
Emily
I really don't know why I keep reading these books (actually, I do know, it's because we ordered all four at the same time and I hate sending them away not having read them). But really, this one was so bad I don't know if I can bring myself to read the fourth.

It's quite predictable, often cliche, and the writing is rather remedial for someone who's apparently written as much as this author. The characters weren't the worst I've read, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Don't bother. If you want...more
Trina Duvall
I usually am not a big fan of books when the relationship between two characters develop basically over night. But this one was okay with me. I liked there relationship. In a way it reminds me of mine and my husbands earlier relationship granted we got to know each other longer but married quite earlier into being together. I wish I could say I loved this book. I really am a big fan of the authors but it just wasn't for me. The relationship of the two main characters really reminded me of book 2...more
Wendy
Not a bad book. The plot moves along nicely and the characters are developed. While not the best book I've read, it did manage to keep my interest. It was a little heavy on the supernatural for me and some of the descriptions were a little sexually graphic. A friend loaned this to me and I didn't realize that this is part of a trilogy until after I read it. I would probably read the other books in the series if someone loaned them to me but I wouldn't buy them.
The BookWhisperer
Following the same lines as the last two books. Rebecca York has made another awesome book. This is Ross's brother, that is alike in the life style of he feels that he must stay alone not to hurt anyone else. Then he meets Dr. Sara Weston, and can not continue the attraction that begins. Little do Sara and Adam know that this is not a coincidence. Sara has been brought here on purpose, and Adam's gift may be the only thing that keeps them alive.
Heather Tisdale
My conclusion on this series so far is that it's not one you should try and read all at once. A book here and there is fine, but reading them all at once gets repetative fast. I'll keep reading, but once I'm done with what I've gotten from the library I'm going to start taking my time with them and use them as filler books between other series.
Irena
The first book had a werewolf and an ordinary serial killer (if you can use ordinary for a serial killer). The second book had a normal cop, a sort of a demon, lots of dreams and a wizard serial killer. This one has witches, a werewolf and fanatics and it is better than the first two.
Samantha
Ok... I admit. I stayed up all night reading this one. I really liked that she had issues going on as well so it wasn't all about him and his background. But I was on the edge of my seat the WHOLE time! I loved it. Much better than "Edge of the Moon" by far.
Kathryn
I still think York is a talented writer but her characters and the story arc in this book are generic cookie cutouts. I may try the next in the series eventually, but not any time soon.
Dolores
Enjoying the series so far. Has a typical style of writing for each book. So they are getting predictable, but still enjoy reading them.
SJuhl4
Were and a "witch", can't go wrong. Good story set in GA swamp. The Were aspect is back and the rituals in the area set up a good story.
Amanda
This book was ok..It was very predictable. I knew what was going to happen probably in the first 1/2 of the book.
Becky
Sep 29, 2008 Becky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranomal Romance/Werewolf Fans
Though I liked this book, it's one of those that make witches sound like a completely different race.
Kathy Davie
Terrible. I kept trying to remember that I was reading the same author. Her first two were so good.
Desiree
I didn't like this book at all. I like her writing, but this book was stupid. Tedious. Boring. And looong
Paperback_hussie
This was my 1st York book and really did enjoy it!!! And I will be looking for her others as well
Jenny
My mom recommended this book to me. While I found it a decent read, it was also very predictable.
Chris Guiliano
Im going to half to look for others books by this chick she got it going on great horror book
Erotic Horizon
Witching Moon (The Moon Series, Book 3) by Rebecca York (2003)
Morgan Sibbett
it was sooo good i loved the romance and the thrilling action
elissa
My least favorite of the first 3 in the Moon series, but still good.
bluetyson
Witching Moon (Berkley Sensation) by Rebecca York (2003)
Ehlizabeth (Liz)
Another good book in this series, I like it :)
Zoya
it is an amazing book
Elizabeth
Dec 06, 2008 Elizabeth marked it as to-read
TBR
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
  • Elemental Magic (Includes: Moon, #6.5)
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
  • Wild Wolf (The Pack #9)
  • To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack...more
More about Rebecca York...
Killing Moon (Moon, #1) Edge of the Moon (Moon, #2) Crimson Moon (Moon, #4) New Moon (Moon, #6) Shadow of the Moon (Moon, #5)