Start by marking “Portrait of a Lady (Leonardo da Vinci Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Portrait of a Lady (Leonardo da Vinci Mystery, #2)

Portrait of a Lady (Leonardo da Vinci Mystery #2)

The legendary Renaissance man and amateur sleuth is back in this exciting follow-up to The Queen's Gambit. As court engineer to the Duke of Milan, Leonardo da Vinci turns his superior mind to a variety of pursuits-from painting to solving the occasional murder. After the deaths of two female servants, Leonardo asks his apprentice, Dino, to go undercover disguised as a woma ...more
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Portrait of a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Portrait of a Lady

Laura Mitchell
Oct 15, 2013 Laura Mitchell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four tarot cards are found at the top of a tower from which a maidservant has fallen to her death. What role do they play in the woman's fate? Soon after, the death of another serving woman from the same household suggests foul play is once again afoot, and the great master engineer and artist Leonardo da Vinci is back solving mysteries. This is the second of the "Leonardo da Vinci" mysteries, and involves Leonardo's apprentice Dino very intimately. I really enjoy the way this author paints pict ...more
Shiela
Loved this book and it was certainly a lot better than the first in the series. Stuckart is able to move forth with the storylines and the characterizations in her sophomore novel featuring Dino/Delfina and the Master, Leonardo da Vinci.

When maidservants of the beautiful contessa start turning up dead, da Vinci suspects foul play. He employs his young apprentice Dino (not knowing that "he" is really a "she" pretending to be a "he") to assume the identity of Delfina, Caterina's new maidservant i
Luisa
Mar 14, 2011 Luisa rated it it was ok
A very fast read but not memorable. Being used to books with a lot more substance this book did not make the cut. Being this was the first book I read from this author, I will not be reading any more from her. She lacks the delicacy of say Philippa Gregory or the detailed artistry of Sharon Kay Penman.
Denise
Nov 25, 2011 Denise rated it it was ok
A passable mystery. It was just so-so for me. I expected it to be more interesting with its unique setting in Italy and having Leonardo Da Vinci as one of its cental characters. It just didn't do it for me. I don't think I will read the others.
Martadellenevi
May 03, 2013 Martadellenevi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una milano del xv secolo, incantevole e pericolosa è al centro di questo splendido romanzo con protagonista Leonardo da Vinci....
Assolutamente da non perdere...
Pam
Mar 26, 2010 Pam rated it liked it
It was ok. The pace didn't pick up until the middle of the book by which time you knew how the plot was going to play out. I don't think I will read any more of the series.
Kathleen
Nov 24, 2009 Kathleen rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
not a bad little book with Leonardo de Vinci as a Sherlock Holmes type.
Megan
May 14, 2009 Megan rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but was able to put it down anytime I needed/should. There is a book before this one and I wish I had read it first but overall it was very good.
Susan
May 08, 2010 Susan added it
loved it!
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2017
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
May 11, 2009
Ofelia
Ofelia rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2010
Theresa Leonhard
Theresa Leonhard rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Erin Reavis
Erin Reavis rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Ron Jenkins
Ron Jenkins rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Tung
Tung rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
Kayla Milam
Kayla Milam rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Daihlia Del Principe
Daihlia Del Principe rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2017
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2009
Joe Bolten
Joe Bolten rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Desiree reilly
Desiree reilly rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2010
Victoria Calderon
Victoria Calderon rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Sara Wieck
Sara Wieck rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Keith
Keith rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2011
Tiffany Odom
Tiffany Odom rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Erinp
Erinp rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Hilary Williams
Hilary Williams rated it liked it
May 12, 2017
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Bobbie N
Bobbie N rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Poison, Your Grace (Simon & Elizabeth, #2)
  • Death Rides Again (Jocelyn Shore #3)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • India Black and the Widow of Windsor (Madam of Espionage, #2)
  • The Herring Seller's Apprentice
  • The Cavalier of the Apocalypse (Aristide Ravel, #1)
  • Much Ado About Grubstake
  • Evan Only Knows (Constable Evans, #7)
  • The Killing Art (Kate McKinnon, #3)
  • Maia of Thebes (Life and Times)
  • A Diamond in the Rough (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
  • Katherine: Heart of Freedom (Hearts and Dreams, #1)
  • Children of Wrath (Willi Kraus, #2)
ALI BRANDON is the New York Times bestselling author of the Black Cat Bookshop Mystery series from Berkley Prime Crime. Featuring Hamlet the Cat and his bookstore-owner caretaker, Darla Pettistone, the pair don't pussyfoot around when it comes to solving murder.

Writing under her real name, DIANE A.S. STUCKART, she is the author of the popular Leonardo da Vinci historical mystery series, also from
More about Diane A.S. Stuckart...

Leonardo da Vinci Mystery (3 books)
  • The Queen's Gambit (Leonardo da Vinci Mystery, #1)
  • A Bolt from the Blue (Leonardo da Vinci Mystery, #3)