Start by marking “Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ: Talks from the 2008 Byu Women's Conference” as Want to Read:
Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ: Talks from the 2008 Byu Women's Conference

Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ: Talks from the 2008 Byu Women's Conference

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The cause of Jesus Christ is the most demanding and inspiring of all causes. Drawing on Moroni s exhortation to Awake, arise, and come unto Christ, the theme for the 2008 BYU Women s Conference invites us to awake to who we are and to the expansive reach of our influence as women of God, to arise by making of our lives a ministry as the Savior did, and to come unto Christ ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ

Shawna
I buy the BYU Women's conference compilation every year, and there are always at least a few gems that stick with me. This year it was these two talks:
Loose the Fear, Keep the Faith (John Bytheway)
Awake, Arise, and Come Unto Christ (Sheri Dew)

John Bytheway's talk came at a time when I really needed to ponder the idea of trusting the Lord's timing in my life, and the way he presented his thoughts really resonated with me.

Sheri Dew's talk was a call to action, to find spiritual power in my life,
Cherie
Some of these chapters (talks) were very good, helpful to me . Many of them were directed at young mothers. They made see more clearly how I should have been more consistent in holding good, meaningful Family Home Evenings and family scripture study. I am so grateful when I see my daughters doing so well with their families.
Ruth Ann
I love John Bytheways talk in this compilation. I buy these each year because I can't go to the Conference. These Saints inspire me every year. I want to go to one sometime in the future. Each talk is relatively short and is a great way to extend the General Conference experience.
Keri
I really enjoyed reading this book as part of my gospel study. It is nice to read talks that apply directly to the challenges faced by Latter-day Saint women. I found many fresh perspectives and uplifting principles that were applicable to my life and family situation.
Lisa
I love going the ed week, women's conference, and other uplifting, inspirational retreats...so, of course, I love all of the "best of" women's conference talk books.
Amy
This was a fabulous book compiled of talks from Women's Conference. A great pick me up.
Colleen
Great talks from Women's Conference.
Marjorie Norman
Marjorie Norman marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Fiatele Aiono
Fiatele Aiono marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Jenni Call
Jenni Call marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Sue Barnum
Sue Barnum marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Sadie Cluff
Sadie Cluff marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Tyson
Tyson marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Holly Mears
Holly Mears marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Alyce
Alyce marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Kari Campbell
Kari Campbell marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Barbara Thompson...
Weight Loss Surgery: Finding the Thin Person Hiding Inside You Black Womanhood: Images, Icons, and Ideologies of the African Body The Victorian Home In Cross Stitch Game & Fish Cookbook: Your Home in Cross Stitch