El Señor de los Anillos. El arte de El retorno del rey

El Señor de los Anillos. El arte de El retorno del rey

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  5,383 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Desde los visionarios bocetos de Alan Lee y John Howe hasta los asombrosos dibujos digitales en mate, Gary Russell nos ofrece un recorrido privilegiado por el arte que inspiró a Peter Jackson. De Minas Tirith al Monte del Destino, del Ejército de las Sombras a la monstruosa EllaLaraña, descubriremos todos los lugares y criaturas principales. Además, cada sección está reple...more
Published 2004 by Minotauro

Be the first to ask a question about El Señor de los Anillos. El arte de El retorno del rey

Sandra
This is the review I wrote for the Art Of The Two Towers, but it still very much applies. My favourite parts in this book were Gondor, the Mûmakil, Éowyn as a warrior/Éowyn defeating the Witch King & the Epilogue.

Fabulous fast read, though this is not a book to be read in the most literal sense. This book is filled with over 500 concept sketches for the Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers. The only text are the short explanations by the artists, and the fore- and afterword.

But what a beauti...more
Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

The Art of The Two Towers is one of the three art books for The Lord of the Rings. The other two being The Art of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Art of The Two Towers. Also available in one condensed edition of these three art books is The Art of the Lord of the Rings.

The review you read here will be roughly the same as the ones for other books.

The three volume collects over 500 images each, consisting pencils sketches, paintings and sculptures. These are th...more
Violetta
The final installment of The Lord of the Rings saga, The Return of the King, was the culmination of around 7 years of work for the cast and crew. With approx. 500 illustrations in this companion volume, fans can get a sense, not only of how much work went in to the final film, but also that no one involved was giving any less than their all to the process. No one stood back and said, "Well, we've got a bunch of stuff already done for the previous movies, let's just rehash some of that and finish...more
Rose
I really enjoyed reading all three of these books focusing on the talented artists and the tireless work they did to help make Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movie trilogy a reality! If you didn't get enough in the first two books, then get excited because this book is the LONGEST of them all! There are detailed sections on Ithilien, Minas Tirith, Dunharrow, the Paths of the Dead, Minas Morgul, the Siege of Gondor, Shelob's Liar, Cirith Ungol, the Pelennor Fields, the Black Gates, Mordor, and...more
Rebecca
One of the most satisfying book endings, I especially enjoyed the "Scouring of the Shire" chapter.
Peter
May 30, 2011 Peter rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy artists, movie concept artists
Shelves: high-fantasy
From Ithilien to Shelob's Lair, From Minas Tirith to Mordor, this book contains hundreds of sketches, designs, sculptures, maquettes, digital matte painting and storyboard used in the making of the 11 oscar winning movie.

Being an artist and illustrator this is one of the greatest, most invaluable resource I could find. Bought it at a discount price for earlier print only make me even happier ^^
Kristy
Again, I am seriously amazed at how much behind the scenes work went on with this movie. I mean of course, I knew it was a lot of work, but NEVER did I imagine all of the countless pictures and paintings and ideas that led up to the finished product that we all know and love.
Michael
The film's increasingly uniform designs and insistence on "historical accuracy" really decreased my overall enjoyment with the sole exception being the beautiful architecture of Minas Tirith.
Samantha
This is one of the better "art of" books, but there are a lot of interesting designs that are shown too small. And the text is minimal. That said, if you like LOTR, you'll like the book.
Kate
Wonderful collection of concepts, characters, and enviroment designs. Makes me really want to strive in illustrations and concept art seeing this lovely art compiled book.
Miss Clark
Any fan of the films will enjoy looking at the sketches and concept art of the weapons and costumes and sets.
Mason
this is a book that rely tells and shows tha great artistic movement both in the book and movie
Kirk
I got this book for Christmas. It is a very cool book.
Kione
Re-reading again and again...
Jeffrey
Nothing to say. Should I?
Lady Dragonbat
beautiful artwork
Julius Canon
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Visual Companion
  • The Lord of the Rings Official Movie Guide
  • Gollum: How We Made Movie Magic
  • The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Chronicles I: Art & Design
  • The Complete Tolkien Companion
  • The Rough Guide to the Lord of the Rings: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Middle-Earth
  • The Magical Worlds of Lord of the Rings: The Amazing Myths, Legends and Facts Behind the Masterpiece
  • The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook
  • The Art of the Matrix
  • The Art of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
  • Myth and Magic: The Art of John Howe
  • The Art of Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
  • The Art of How to Train Your Dragon
  • The Origins of Tolkien's Middle-Earth for Dummies
  • The Complete Making of Indiana Jones: The Definitive Story Behind All Four Films
  • The Art of Tangled
  • The Art of George R.R. Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire
Gary Russell is one of the script editing team for Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, and the author of many novels and reference books in the Doctor Who range. A former editor of Doctor Who Magazine, he also was the producer of Doctor Who audio dramas for Big Finish Productions for eight years. He was also an actor and is best known for his role as Dick in the 1978 television se...more
More about Gary Russell...
The Lord of the Rings: The Art of The Fellowship of the Ring The Lord of the Rings: The Art of The Two Towers Doctor Who: Beautiful Chaos The Twilight Streets (Torchwood, #6) Doctor Who: The Glamour Chase

“A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.” 304 likes