Start by marking “The King: Poems” as Want to Read:
The King: Poems

The King: Poems

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The King is a groundbreaking collection following a Self—a mother, lover, wife, thinker—in her fractured approach to the absolutes of pregnancy, postpartum depression, childrearing, belief, love, and epistemology. Here is a potent exploration of one woman’s coming together with the Other—her hard-won attachment to “the King.”
from “Deeply Psychological”

And then I surfaced

a
Published June 29th 2009 by W. W. Norton & Company

To ask other readers questions about The King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King

Caroline M.
I read this entire collection in one evening, thinking, "I'll just read one more" and then, as if it were a bag of chips, unable to put the book down. And when I was finished, I turned back to the beginning and started reading again. The poems are terrific -- sharp, funny, deeply felt but not at all sentimental.
Michelle
This book of poems I did a bit better with. Some of them are really raw and honest and I liked them quite a lot. Some of it, still, I had no idea about. But some of it. Was super.
Krista
Sometimes hard to engage, but very interesting and honest.
Terry Everett
Terry Everett marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Todd
Todd added it
Jul 24, 2014
Logan Floyd
Logan Floyd marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Cassandra Troyan
Cassandra Troyan marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
J.D. Scott
J.D. Scott marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Neal
Neal marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Poetry Readers Ch...: The King: Poems, by Rebecca Wolff 3 14 Dec 19, 2012 06:41AM
Rebecca Wolff is the editor of Fence and the author of Manderley, Figment and Continuum. She lives in Athens, New York, with her family and is a Fellow of the New York State Writers Institute.
More about Rebecca Wolff...
The Beginners Not For Mothers Only Manderley Figment A Best of Fence, The First Nine Years, Volume I