Start by marking “B Is for Baseball: Running the Bases from A to Z” as Want to Read:
B Is for Baseball: Running the Bases from A to Z

B Is for Baseball: Running the Bases from A to Z

Filled with fascinating baseball facts and lore, B Is for Baseball is an alphabet book about America's favorite pastime. Chock full of incredible vintage photographs from the world-renowned American Baseball Hall of Fame, as well as distinctive line drawings, this volume covers intriguing details about the sport—from the number of stitches on a baseball to the three histor ...more
Published March 4th 2009 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about B Is for Baseball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about B Is for Baseball

Donald
Nov 20, 2016 Donald rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book, and a great introduction to the game for young ones! And the vintage photographs are amazing! I highly recommend it!

(On a personal note, however, there is waaaaay tooooo much New York in this! I recognize my own prejudices toward that town's teams, and I totally understand how much the Yankees have dominated the game and are in many ways, the faces of MLB. Still, I don't like either team, and they are way to overrepresented in this book. There are at least 9 pictures re
Cheryl Malandrinos
Mar 13, 2009 Cheryl Malandrinos rated it it was amazing
Batter up! From Chronicle Books comes an alphabet primer that is sure to be a home run with young baseball fans. From autograph to knuckleball and from left field to zinger, this book filled with vintage photos from the American Baseball Hall of Fame and illustrations from David Habben, is one that should be on the shelves in every young baseball lover's home.

Babe Ruth, Yogi Berra, Joe Dimaggio, Jackie Robinson, and other baseball greats fill the pages of this primer alongside terms like error,
Ina
Apr 09, 2012 Ina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
We had a ball (no pun intended) with this book at story time. With breathtaking old photos on bright, almost scrapbook like backgrounds, this alphabet book was a big hit with my story time audience. Beginning with "autograph" and going through field positions and famous players and even hot dogs ("One of the favorite snacks found at baseball parks") through "Zinger" ( "A nickname for a grounder") this book is wonderful for all ages.
Haydee Romero
This is an alphabetical book about baseball. Each letter in the alphabet represent something that has to do with baseball. I would use this text with younger children to introduce informational text but also reinforce the alphabet. B is for baseball can be used to reinforce fact vs opinion. The book contains only facts and it can be compared to a story about someone’s like or dislike for baseball.
Courtney
Apr 07, 2014 Courtney rated it it was amazing
This is the book I will use to teach my kids the alphabet someday! The book uses baseball to teach the alphabet. The photographs are gorgeous and the layout is beautiful and easy to follow. I even learned a few things about baseball!
Teacher.
May 07, 2012 Teacher. rated it really liked it
Vintage photographs with details about players, fan, and the baseball experience all work together in this picture book.
Angie  Moore
Mar 27, 2016 Angie Moore rated it really liked it
Love that this A-Z book focuses on the history of baseball and features the All -American Girls league and amazing B&W photos throughout. Will definitely be adding this to the library!
Annalisa
Annalisa rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Habbenink
Habbenink rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2010
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Bapee
Bapee rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Janie Kantner
Janie Kantner rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2012
Janette
Janette rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
BrocheAroe
BrocheAroe rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 24, 2011
Ruth-Anne
Ruth-Anne rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2010
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2010
Courtney Lynn
Courtney Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2011
Lisa Rose
Lisa Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2012
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Riana
Riana added it
Jun 04, 2014
Anne Finucane
Anne Finucane marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Lisa McGuinness is the mother of a 13-year-old daughter as well as a freelance editor and writer who has been working in the children's book publishing field for many years. She lives in Northern California.
More about Lisa McGuinness...