Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail #8)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  3,925 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Gajeel is a dragon slayer who can shoot huge iron pillars from his body with crushing precision, while dragon slayer Natsu fights with devastating flame attacks. Their fierce battle began when Gajeel’s wizard guild, Phantom Lord, assaulted rival guild Fairy Tail–but can either headquarters withstand two such destructive forces?
Published October 27th 2009 by Del Rey (first published January 17th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail, Vol. 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tail, Vol. 08

Connor
Feb 06, 2016 Connor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
[4.5 Stars] Cliff hanger! Again, I love it.
Sep 12, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic action packed volume, and ....cliffhanger!!
Feather Mista
Este manga pasa de momentos sumamente delirantes e impredecibles a otros menos delirantes y más predecibles. Pero el nivel medio sigue siendo muy bueno, y la diversión está asegurada.
Shala
Apr 04, 2016 Shala rated it it was amazing
Still loving it! Time to purchase the next volume!
Jamar
Sep 14, 2016 Jamar rated it it was amazing
natsu beat up Gajeel
Jeni
Nov 27, 2016 Jeni rated it really liked it
I liked learning more about Juvia and Gajeel. I also enjoyed Lucy helping Natsu win his fight rather than him just being so powerful. But my favorite part was the glimpse into the past that we got (and I hope we get more of) as well as the old man recovering and showing everyone why he's the master.
Caroline
Nov 15, 2016 Caroline rated it really liked it
FairyTail has captured my heart since the beginning of it. It will never lose me now. 5000 stars.
Strangerealms
Jul 21, 2015 Strangerealms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas-and-lns
My review is for the whole manga so far (50 volumes). Fairy Tail is set in a fantasy world where wizards join guilds to make a living, and help the population who have no magic and cannot face certain threats. Lucy is such a wizard looking for a guild, and after meeting Natsu she joins his guild Fairy Tail. I watched the anime first and I prefer the anime look, but the drawings do get better after some volumes. The regions do look pretty, and the cities as well. The manga is packed with humor ...more
Cornerofmadness
Dec 03, 2010 Cornerofmadness rated it liked it
Wickedshizuku
Mar 03, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime Insider Magazine
Still in the Phantom Lord Arc starting off with Chapter 57: Fair-Weather Charm.
It's a fight between Rain and Ice. As Grey and Juvia clash a hysterical mishap occurs, and embarassment ensues. Grey makes anoffhand comment that the rain is gloomy. Juvia is reminded of her many years as an outcast due to her magic rain. Angered at being reminded of this, she attacks with boiling water which Grey counters with Ice-Make: Ice Geyser. Juvia faints from her adoration of Grey and there being clear skies.
C
Amber
Jun 17, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it
This volume was just what I needed to hang on. For the past couple of volumes I felt that the story was pretty "meh," but was trudging through it because I have been recommended the series multiple times. This book made all that trudging worth it. This volume highlighted some new antagonists and brought great elements to the existing characters. I appreciated the deeper storyline that revolved around the guild and the sense of friendship these guys have.

Overall I look forward to sticking with th
Reem Alshatti
Apr 23, 2012 Reem Alshatti rated it really liked it
What can I say? I love Fairy Tail!

The manga was a great addition. Loved the battle sequences between Natsu and The iron dragon slayer Gajeel. he is so far my favorite character in the series. although when comparing this issue with the animated series, I would have really appreciated it if the animators would have kept the phantom lord's master Jose's appearance the way it is the manga. He looks like a ridiculous joker/clown in the anime.

Would love to see more of Hiro Mashima's work.
Ashley
Oct 17, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
Gabriel Wallis
Jan 28, 2014 Gabriel Wallis rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
In this volume of Fairy Tail, the guilds Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord are still at war with each other. Gray fights Juvia, Erza fights Aria, Natsu fights Gajeel, and Makarov fights Jose, all to save Lucy from her father's clutches. I really enjoyed this volume of Fairy Tail, and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Stewart Tame
Jun 07, 2015 Stewart Tame rated it liked it
The battle reaches the "Now you shall taste my true power!" stage. I'm still liking this series, but I think I'm getting impatient for the whole Phantom Lord battle to be over. Maybe I need to read some other manga for as while as a pallette cleanser or something.
Dies Irae
Jan 27, 2013 Dies Irae rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fairy-tail
Lo scontro Natsu vs. Gajil si risolve - ancora una volta - fin troppo rapidamente, con un twist davvero sempliciotto. Molto meglio il finale con due forze della natura contrapposte fra loro. Bella la devastante sequenza incentrata su Fairy Tail.
Jesus Flores
Aug 20, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, ensanluis
So it start with Gray fighting the rain Lady, Juvia, Then Natsu fighting the Air guy, Erza arrives to help him, and they cancel the big spell, The phantom clan chief is to fight them, and he Fairy tail boss arrives.

Lots of fighting, lots of fun
Vitor Frazão
Nov 09, 2012 Vitor Frazão rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Bom volume, com direito até a capítulo extra. O único defeito digno de nota foi a alteração repentina na personalidade de Aria, que não fez muito sentido.
Scott Lee
Mar 27, 2016 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing
This Phantom Lord vs. Fairy Tail arc is fantastic. Great stuff with Erza and Natsu especially and Makarov has his moment as well...well done, Mashima, well done!
Citybones
May 12, 2015 Citybones rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
"Un gremio es más que un edificio, es la suma de sus miembros" Makarov
La gran magia del Faery Law... Que recuerdos.
Karl Kindt
Dec 07, 2009 Karl Kindt rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009
After the first few volumes of silly humor and slapstick, this volume is a real let-down. Too much dumb wizard fighting, not enough silly.
Lisa
Apr 11, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
I love how so many things happen and it all still works out in the end. There is humor and fun in these books as well. They are graphics that i can be interested in and keep being interested in.
Дени Проданова
Mar 07, 2015 Дени Проданова rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-and-manhwa
Нацу стопи лагерите на Гажил - буквално! А Грей и идея си няма какъв трън си вкара в гащите с Джувия...
Zachary D
Zachary D rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
Hilary
Hilary rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Boglut Adrian
Boglut Adrian rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2015
Muhd Rashid ii
Muhd Rashid ii rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Noran
Noran rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2015
  • One Piece, Volume 16: Carrying On His Will (One Piece, #16)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)